Spoiler (BL) After the Abyss dragon awakens

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by hy-d-ra, Jun 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. hy-d-ra

hy-d-ra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: After the Abyss dragon awakens / 深渊巨龙苏醒以后
    Author: Sangwo / 桑沃
    Year: 2021
    Chapters: 144 (completed)
    Type: Novel
    Link to NU: n/a
    Tags: fanatsy and technology, dragons, magic, dragon slayer, gore
    *all titles and names are an MTL version, not an official TL

Intro: Sangwo's works can shortly be described as bloody and beautiful. Their writing style is pretty, but their themes always revolve around some bloody themes and scenes. If it's something more light-hearted (despite everything tagged as drama) you can feel a fresh breeze of humor among the pungent smell of blood.
    What is also remarkable is that they don't follow the main stream and cliche plots. They might have written an infinite flow novel and a quick transigration, but when you read those you realize how non-mainstream it is and how different.
    I've read 3 of their works, Dragon being the 3rd. Previously 'After an infinitie flow player retres' and 'Born to rebel' were also bomb.

Summary: After thousands of years an abyssal dragon, Shi An, felt bored and decided to sleep on a pile of his precious treasures. He put a magic spell on himself and fell asleep, because that's what dragons love to do. But when he woke up there was no treasure, he wasn't even in his cave and what he looked at weren't dangerous claws covered with inpenetrable scales, but soft and delicate beautiful hands.
    His treasure is gone!
    His mighty body is gone too!!
    And he has zero magic in his body!
    The dragon was enraged: THIEFS!!!

Mu Heng comes from a prominent family of dragon slayers, he is called the strongest person on the mainland, humanity haven't heard of any fantasy species for thousands of years, since they slowly went instinct, but then everyone were disturbed by strong magic fluctuations and were unbelievable to realize that a dragon emerged. Mu Heng thought that the dragon's head would look good in the living room.
    Some time later when Mu Heng was thinking of a small dragon at home having fun in a pile of treasures he asked for tasks with most rewards, they better be precious, otherwise he'll be refused from the bed.

Spoilers (or more like an introduction, this novel is better to be experienced by reading, trust me).

Shi An is bound to a body of a boy with the same name as him, he has no idea how he got into this body, but he is deprived of his magic, he can't transform or produce even a spark of his magic. And his entire treasure was left in the cave.
    Shi An, original body, is supposed to be a magic-less scum scorned by others, he belongs to a newly emerged wealthy family, which doesn't really care about him. Shi An also has a half-brother, Shi Rui, a typical gree tea bitch, that was taken to the main house due to having more magic in his body than Shi An.
    First thing that Shi An the dragon now aimed to return: his magic, his treasure and his body.
    The only great thing that was helpful was that the mainland, that was sealed from the abyss (his place of origins) thousands of years ago still has cracks appearing from time to time that emit the poisonous gas that is so errosive for people, but fills Shi An with the long lost magic.
    The first case happened to be at the banquet of the Shi family. When a person burst with the bugs flowing out of its' deformed body everyone panicked, but only Shi An left to stand in hall full of darkness. He released his dangerous breath of an ancient beast, the one who is on top of hierarchy and the demon bug trembled and admitted his wrongdoings and later.. became the dragon's first follower.
    When ppl saw the boy they thought something was wrong, the Officer Mu from the Administraive Bureau came in person and saw the boy with soft black hair and harmless watery eyes asking if he could become his. Something inside shook a little.
    Since Shi An slepped for too long for him humanity was strange, the treasures, or more like shiny stuff he could accumulate were enough to stuff his pillow, but his body was too soft to sleep comfortably on it, the only chance is to slowly accumulate his magic back is to absorb what magic escapes from the cracks. The demon bug told him that first comes from the Ability Academy and he has to pass the test to enter the academy.
    Although some thought he cheated on ability cheker which blew up and he also got 0 scores on topics except for writing an ancient text as a special task released by academy, with such a thorny road he entered the academy under everyone's gaze full of questions.
    Shi An didn't care, his aim was to find the crack and his chance was the first on field task against monsters. He tried to conceal his breath and mingle with people cursing inside what a trouble it is to be human.
    Despite sets up from the ones who were against him Shi An came to the newly born abyssal crack tempted by the eye born in it and swallowed it, then something that no one expected happened, a huge body of a black dragon emerged on a wasteland and the long lost roar spread near and far. One of the witnesses was Mu Heng who went after the dragon, his blood that was still for so long was boiling again. But the dragon spit the eye out, which exploded and then staggeringly flew away. On the horizon Mu Heng could still see its' silhouette, but later found that there was a boy he knew with his white body lying quietly on the ground.
    Shi An became the aim of Administration research team to find out what he remembered about the dragon, they believed the dragon stole Shi An as Shi An was so beautiful. While Shi An was thinking that the only thing he never did in his life was accepting human sacrifices. This lacked class. But he still accepted the olive branch due to this shiny human that keeps appearing, he always felt that if you seal that shiny silver hair and those beautiful deep blue eyes in an amber it will become a perfect part of his collection. While Mu Heng was thinking how to chop the dragon's head who dared to steal the boy.
    Demon bug told him that there are species that could seal he human in amber in a neighboring district. SInce Shi An didn't want to come alone he joined a team who wanted to explore a cave. When they arrived they were stopped by the undead specias and lost contact with Shi An, but most importantly they even got into trouble with mercenaries who appeared out of nowhere. It seems the cave they're searching, is not only a cave, but actually the dragon's cave. The mercenaries were disturbed by a strong neigh that sent chills down their spines, entire camp was trampled under the undead horse's feet, the chief's skull was squashed. Only a small team of people stood lost. When undead horse returned to Shi An and got its' missing bone that Shi An used as a torch back he released it to go back. But unfearful dragon actually tried to run away when he saw a silver-haired person. Mu Heng caught a small person covered like a ball in coats and said to sent him back. But Shi An who heard about caves and possible treasures sneaked out. Following the path he found that terrain and mountain look really familiar. He melted the stone and walked forth finding that it wasn't anyone else's cave, BUT HIS OWN.
    And more than that, his entire pile of immense treasures was stolen! THIEFS! Shi An's heart was hit. But next second he was attracted by somethign faint, coming further he found a body of a dragon, but it was actually hollow inside, only skin left which transformed and was absorbed by Shi An. Mu Heng who came could only see a boy standing in front of a huge body and then the rocks from above fell, what they found was unconscious boy among the stones later.
    What happened next was what Shi An never expected, he fell asleep for some time and woke up with beautiful silvery scales, it was his 4th molting periond that never happened to dragons before, but the demon bug who was immersed in the lord's cuteness was met with a questioning fiery flame colored eyes. Shi An did transform, but now he's small. Before anyone came Shi An tried to accumulate and transform magic he received, but what happened was that he did transfrm leaving a silver tail that was as tender.
    He asked the newly additional to the team of followers, the black smoke, to conceal his tail from others' views. But what weighed on black smoke's mind was that after molting for dragons... it's actually a mating period. Shi An who could actually transform most his energy next to Mu Heng tried to get closer, bringing two people to next level. Not knowing how tempting he acted.
    But Shi An never dropped his plans and was later shocked by the news that came out, some of the precious gems will be auctioned and Shi An was enraged that those were all HIS. Thanks to a competition in the same district as before he came along with all the burly power ability people, they had no idea it's not about power of Shi An, but just he scales became indestructible. His main aim became the auction, though he didn't know how to do it under the nose of Mu Heng.
    But hat happened next came as surprise, all the ability users traveled to a place who knows where only to find mercenaies. Shi An let everyone go and save students while he came to the previous cave finally not concealing himself finding the sacrificial circle drawn with blood but unfinished that supposed to summon the dragon and the dragon came by feet burning everyone at sight and finding the head of the district for questioning.
    Mu Heng who realized they've been had when they agreed to hold the aucton, but instead heard the news about the students and rushed out of the auction house wounded. Fighting mercenaries and seeing the burnt cave, blood sacrifice, but no boy around. Before falling into coma Mu Heng was held by soft hands.
    Both came to a cave on the way, because Mu Heng was wounded, but this moment Shi An broke into estrus. Although nothing happened much but Shi An who drank medicine by his followers (aka mascots) got some clraity and escaped coming to the auction house and getting part of his treasure back.
    People who knew that the dragon is back thought it'd be easy to kill the dragon for profit and also absorb dragon's treasure, but most of them were burned in the dragon flames without mercy.
    Mu Heng who knew that the boy was okay now has only one care, the boy and the translation of the ancient foliant from the Mu's legacy that held the information on dragons.
    But before they could achieve it the academy was abducted, the old dean was killed, the new crack was opened, the dragon went rampant and Mu heng who was dealing with the situation was surrounded by people in black robes and also some of people from the bureau who were about to attack him.

That's my half-humorous way to describe what actually happened in the first part.
    For the rest I encourage you to read yourself. The MTL version is very easy to read, I omitted a ton of details, they're bloody, some are cute, some are humorous. The general continuation is about finding who was behind Shi An's soul transfer, for what reason, who are people in robes, how to get Shi An's magic back fully and some other conspiracies. It's very upbeat, pretty interesting and joyful read. Characters are very in line with their settings, for example Shi An isn't a human at all, so he acts unscrupulously like that too, Mu Heng thought is a powerhouse, but mostly is driven by his own conviction, to him nothing is more important than a person important to his heart. There are also side-characters that have constant appearance and let's not forget Shi An will eventually end up with three small followers, but they act like mascots, pretty funny actually, they add vivivdness and humor.
    The novel is written beautifully, it's really immersive. Although the outline is pretty simple, but honestly it's a really fun read (I still have no idea why it's tagged 'drama' on jjwxc, since there's not much of it, at least you can't see it from perspective of main characters). My personal rate is 5/5.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    wandrer, RedHead, applebeans and 5 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. chinguyen

chinguyen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello is this novel finished? I recently discovered this author and their style is really good. would love to get into their work more, starting from AAIPR and this one.

Also, if it possible can you spoil me a little bit on After an infinite player retires? theres a spoiler thread but I havent gotten any spoiler so far

4. hy-d-ra

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is finished, the main part of it at least :D author is now posting extras, but the number of extras is unknown.

As for the Player. I've read too many novels in-between, so I won't be too accurate and detailed.
    The main premise is that MC is the one who finished the game and is now wanting to be a salted fish in a bureau that deals with paranormal things, this includes ghosts and stuff. But from the case of a girl's disappearance where they find a skinned body starts a chain of events. MC realizes that their world now has more and more cases and some ghosts and monsters are non others but those old acquaintances in the game he defeated. In game he is called Ace, no one knows how he looks like, his weapon is a sickle that collects ghosts, when he came out he wasn't only human. The cases do not only show that ghosts started to appear, but it feels that two worlds of the human world and the game world are about to be merged together. It also describes selfishness of people, for example, there are cases that involve game props where people sell cursed items for a quick buck or the fact that someone tried to reproduce one of the most powerful monsters in the game that belongs to the ghost king of the game. ML is that king, which is obvious. He met MC in the game when he appeared as a boy and was protected by MC at that time, but MC actually the one who stabbed ML in the game, so yeah, very interesting relationship. MC thought ML will kill him, but ML was obsessing over MC and looking for him because of love. Although he's called king, but there is opposition between the monsters and ML isn't about merging two worlds at all, while these monsters who don't follow king have their own ideas how to do it. And also the main entity everyone wants to bring to human world is called "mother". It's a mother to all monsters, so she wants to enter the human world and she's the final boss to solve in the end. That's the basic outline of the story :) I don't go into details since I've read it quite some time ago.

chinguyen likes this.
  5. chinguyen

chinguyen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the spoiler! Did you read the novel in your language/english or MTL? i tried MTL but it was quite awkward as I dont usually read MLT novel

6. hy-d-ra

Reading List:
    Link
    I basically MTL everything I read nowadays (with google translate). I know sometimes it's awkward, but eng translation might take months or even years and most novels I pick up are not even in prospects for TL too. I found several decent authors like that.

jadelin likes this.
  7. Gluttony_mortelle

Gluttony_mortelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The extras for after the abyss dragon woke up is 12 chapter short. Somebody spoil me PLEASE

8. Eri96

Eri96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil at what chapter did ML find out about MC's identity as a dragon?! And what's his reaction?

fanaticfujoshi likes this.
  9. HIMETAN

HIMETAN My English Sucks • I want good luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Cliffhanger :cry::cry:, another spoiler please

10. Sy_kun

Sy_kun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML find out around 103, when Shi An was in a sudden coma and the place was attacked by the mercenaries and the black robed man. The robe man wanted to stall ML so that the mercenaries catch Shi An but then Mc awakened and transformed into a dragon in front of ML's eyes.

When MC saw ML go around coldly attacking the robed man and made eye contact with ML, he felt sad and thought that "whatever, I'll just find a nest to keep myself warm" bcs he felt sad that ML might not want to be his heat pack anymore oml

When MC transformed in front of everyone, one of ML's subordinate, Wen Yao, wanted ML to report MC to the authority after seeing the enemy actually in contact with them, but ML's friend Zhou Fu, saw that MC actually killed only mercenaries and didn't harm them, wanted to lay low the incident for a while like he felt pity for MC

And then ML didn't want to report it yet and just took MC's space bag and ripped it to see the three monsters (insect, eye ball, and black fog) exposed in front of him. When ML went to follow MC, Zhou Fu thought that ML really looked so cold and dark like he was going to slay a dragon, which could mean that ML felt betrayed n stuff.

The black robed man showed up again and tried to tell ML the reason why MC only wanted to get closer to him Because he was useful, but ML didn't give a f@ck and just went to attack again. Surprise, surprise! Black robed man was actually an old Mu ancestor.

There was this big fire boom that happened and everything was charred, the two Mu members were ok but ML's hair was a bit burnt lmao. Then ML went to the core of the explosion and saw Shi An back into human form and then he waved away the dragon slaying sword.

When MC woke up, he found himself naked and had a shackle on his ankle engraved with ancient ruins. And then the first thing that happened was- ML went inside and asked MC "do u like it?" "i heard you like silver" OMFG ML is such a perv

wandrer, kieranfortier and Eri96 like this.