Spoiler (Bl) Bringing a Son to Marry a Giant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, May 6, 2019.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's another empty spoiler thread, I'd prefer not to be summoned >_>

3. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well its in case some stuff had already been spoiled in the future
    Just a reminder bc i might accidentally forget

4. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Ghost_of_a_Witch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!

I brought some spoilers. I bit the bullet a few weeks before and MTL-d this till ch 48. Up till that I’ll try to give a rundown of the events and answer questions, but no farther than that, ‘cause I won’t be continuing with this one. Also, pls forgive me as I don’t remember the names. I looked up a few, but I don’t want to re-read the novel looking for them T-T

The novel has a ger world build, so you know… insert tab A into slot B…..

MC – Su Mu (SM)

ML – Jing ZhiXuan (JZX)

They met 7 years ago; they went to school together and their situations were actually the polar opposite of now. SM used to be a pampered, rich young master, a delicate flower and JZX was a pauper. MC fell in love with ML at first sight and shamelessly chased after him for a year, he finally managed to wear him down, and get him to agree to be his boyfriend until ML would go abroad for his studies in exchange for paying him 30,000 a month. (That’s why MC says he raised ML with 300,000 in the first ch.) During their time together JZX also fell for MC.

They meet again at the very beginning of the novel at the school reunion, but they get into contact for real when a few days later ML hires MC to paint a few pictures for his office.

JZX’s pov: He also fell in love with MC and was thinking about giving up going abroad for MC, but SM a few months before the end of their agreement disappeared without a trace. This caused JZX to think that SM only toyed with him and made him thirst for revenge: He plans to acquire the company of SM’s family and force MC under his thumb to be at his mercy.

SM’s pov: I bet at this point you figured out that he ran off soon after finding out he was pregnant, but he didn’t disappear because of that. Actually, he was very happy when he found out about the little bun and planned to tell ML about it when they were celebrating his birthday, but then he overheard a phone call between JZX and someone who knew the details of their arrangement, JZX saying that he won’t touch a cent of that money and will give it all back before going away for university. This crushed MC, made him give up persuading ML and made him decide to withdraw from ML. And the perfect opportunity arrived within the next few days, his grandfather suffered a heart attack so severe that he needed to be transported to a different country for treatment and MC decided to follow after his grandpa.

He Wenzhuo (HWZ) MC’s friend

Su Ying (SY) little bun

Shi RuShui (SRS) MC’s roommate

So, MC decided to follow his grandpa and after arrival he needed to be hospitalized alongside him as well, because the flight caused complications in his pregnancy. During this time, thanks to the fact that he has no head for business, he gets taken advantage off and is cheated out of the company. At this point he still had some money left, but decided to legally pursue the matter of the company. Unfortunately, he is forced to halt the proceedings without achieving anything so he has money left to raise Little Shadow. Btw, his grandpa died soon after Su Ying was born, but this fact is kept secret so the company stock doesn’t drop.

Now he has a small shop/gallery with his school friend, HWZ, and he has made a career out of his former hobby of painting. He lives together with another ger, SRS, whom he got to know during his hospital stay in Country F. Their relationship is very close, not just simple friendship, and they are raising their kids together as brothers.

For ML:

• Lu Qiming (LQM) – he was introduced by HWZ to MC. He is a very ‘sensible’ (hope you noticed the quotes), older gentleman who cares the most about raising his kid right and plans to move abroad for said kid’s future. He also likes MC very much, but he won’t let love hold him back, because that’s not the most important thing. (Pls make a note of this sentiment as it will be back a few times to haunt later.) – What makes me dislike him early on is that he tries to play on SM’s sensibilities to make him agree to go with him, and he tries to make use of their sons’ closeness as well.

For MC:

• A for now shall remain nameless underclasswoman from ML’s university days – Their story is exactly the same as it was with MC, with the difference of ML not being interested at all. She is your typical spoiled, egoistic b*tch of an heiress thinking she has ML via a future business marriage. She also loves to torment MC about his less than fortunate circumstances. At this point I think I almost wrote more about her than her actual page time ‘cause she is dealt with very fast (like in a few chapters, really). ML only puts up with her for a little while to torment MC as he sees it hurts him a lot, but when she goes too far with MC he quickly shows her the door and tells her MC is his boyfriend. (From the way how it was revealed that she stole the business card JZX gave SM I have a feeling she might come back later, but as of ch. 48 she didn’t make a reappearance.)

• Li Luo (LL) – I really hope I got his name right. He appears right the next day after being rid of the queen b. He is a beautiful ger who loves to antagonize MC (doesn’t care for him much) and be touchy-feely with JZX. JZX tells SM that there is nothing between him and LL, and that takes care of the issue (for now) because JZX doesn’t lie to MC. For us, readers, he is also revealed to be ML’s half-brother unrelated by blood. (JZX’s grandpa adopted his father.) + He is already married. When things are still going alright ML takes SM to meet LL once again, together with his husband, and there is also talk about their relations. Now, ML obviously does something wrong here as there was still room left for misunderstandings for MC later. (I skimmed this chap, sorry.)

First to clear up a few things I glossed over… Since the attraction never went away JZX and SM quickly fall back into the physical side of their relationship – They have sex on the first day in the office. They would actually have gotten it on the night of the reunion if not for some technical reasons, lol. – and things are developing from there. So they are together during the 1st round with MC’s love rivals, with MC kinda stringing LQM on in the meanwhile.

So, after the first round with the love rivals things are actually looking up. JZX is showing his collection of gifts to SM and MC is thinking about telling him about their son. But then comes that ominous phone call…

ML gets a call that his grandpa’s illness worsened and he needs to go to the hospital right away. He is still having some doubts about MC and hasn’t given up on his revenge, so instead of being honest with SM (ofc) he starts acting all mysterious. And thus starts the torrent of misunderstandings.

After being stood up one too many times, SM’s insecurity about LL starts acting up again. Company employees gossiping about him being pregnant and how it surely is JZX’s doesn’t help, and LL calling many times JZX’s phone (from the hospital to give updates on grandpa’s condition when ML is not there) is just oil to the fire. ML suspects SM might still be troubled by the idea of LL, but he already told him there was nothing there and considers it done with that.

LQM also takes now to show up again and invites out SM for Sunday lunch to make last ditch effort and give his spiel, yet again, why MC should go with him. I don’t remember this part well; I think they might have had plans for this day already that got cancelled because JZX was busy with his grandpa, but when he calls to take MC out for the day SM rejects, saying he has plans already. Needless to say, JZX doesn’t take this rejection well and goes to find MC.

ML finds MC getting into the car of another man at the bookstore/library (Mtl uses both words for it, so idk which is the right one. It’s a place that is frequented by MC and SRS.), a man treating him very intimately, and his fuse blows. He introduces himself as SM’s boyfriend blindsiding LQM. (Here I almost felt sorry for him as he chased MC for a long time with no results. Besides his rationality he seems to like MC genuinely, but for MC he is kind of like the ‘reserve guy’. He likes him well enough just 0 sparks.) But he bounces back quickly; referring to SM as MuMu, making it clear instantly that he is a contender as well. From here on things get ugly real fast, the argument ending with MC going with JQM in his car (‘cause he accepted the lunch to reject the guy), ML follows them.

The next part with the cars is pretty sketchy for me, because I skimmed it, so I apologize if I make a mistake somewhere. During the ride SM comes clean with the other man and rejects him, then asks him to let him off somewhere for ML to pick up. Following comes one of my least favorite scenes I’ve read in this book. JZX drives some distance away, then fueled by jealousy proceeds to have his way (not very gently) with SM in the car. In broad daylight and in the middle of the street. (This definitely not endeared ML to me, and no man, tinted windows don’t help!) And after this they still drive back to have lunch with LQM. Lol.

There is some positive development on the way back though. MC just wants to be left alone (kinda understandable after the day he had if you ask me) and ML takes it as him still being pissed over LL. The misunderstandings about him finally get cleared up, and LL is firmly established as ML’s relative who is happily married and pregnant with his husband’s child.

When MC finally gets home we get the real reason for his mood, his past came back to bite him in the ass. JZX’s moves to acquire the company cornered the people now owning it and they came to harass SM about it. They also, very happily, informed him about what ML was doing behind his back, which was one of the reasons for his earlier unhappiness. Just stepping through the door he receives another call from them. They try to threaten SM with everything into doing their bidding (Including telling JZX about their son. He still doesn’t know about him, even about MC having a son, because SM has been doing everything to keep SY a secret.), but MC tells them to go to hell, although in a lot more words. (I’m so proud of him for that one.)

Now the drama gets taken onto a new level, because the people snatching the company away from MC weren’t some small-time, pity criminals (even though they don’t have much of a business sense) and on the next morning they have SY kidnapped from the two ger, with SRS at the wrong side of a knife’s blade. With no other choice left (the men bugged them too) SM leaves for the company building to try to persuade ML. (The scene at the company was the most emotional one for me in these few chapters.)

MC after arriving tries to get JZX to invest a very substantial amount of money into ‘his’ business, but ML’s investigations at this point into the acquisition finally exposed the truth to him about SM’s company. He tells as much to MC, and that that he can get back his business. SM is ofc adamant about the fund injection which causes ML to become very angry (with the company’s current state acquiring it is really the better option from a business pov) and old wounds from 5 years ago come to the fore front. With this the situation quickly devolves, ML is like -I’m going ahead with the acquisition anyway and you can be my pet, then you have to do what I say- then starts manhandling MC and takes him into the bathroom to prepare for having sex. (Sorry, I forgot to mention that ML is one of those fancy ones who have a living suit behind their office that would put any 5-star hotels to shame.) MC is just crying and desperately trying to persuade ML. (I’m probably not doing this scene any justice: MC is begging in order to save his child’s life, while ML, out of some perceived past hurts, wants to have sex with him to show him his place. )

He finally sees his chance when they are under the shower and whispers to ML that he needs to save his son. This gives ML a pause and takes him out to the bedroom to talk, before they begin MC also tells about the bug on his cloths and they check if the bedroom is safe for conversation. SM tells him the Fang brothers kidnapped his son and the kid’s life depends on the investment. (They also threatened to kill the child if MC were to tell about him to ML.) ML is reeling from the fact that SM has a son, but here he deserves the big brownie points because, aside from making sure that MC really has a kid, he is always referring to the child as ‘our’ son. (No, he still doesn’t know that SY is his son. I don’t remember what tale MC spun, but SM decided to keep that tidbit because he realized that one of their son’s nervous habits came from him and if ML were to learn about SY’s parentage now, he would become a useless, nervous wreck.) So, with their son’s life on the line, he ofc agrees to the money transfer, even if it puts his own company at risk.

Bebe/Babe/BeiBei – SRS’ child (MTL really hated this kid….)

The beginning of the next part runs parallel with the scene of SM & JZX in the office, the book alternates between the locations.

In the meanwhile SRS -there were hints before that he wasn’t so simple, and now we get to know why - also resolved himself to make a desperate step in order to get his other son back safely. This was actually decided upon somewhat together by the two gers, but I don’t think SM was clear about the repercussions. Placing his son at a safe place, he goes to get into contact with his ex whom he was running from for years before. Now, the ex is a right, psychotic bastard. The first thing he does is biting SRS’ neck bloody and would have proceeded to rape him without hearing him out if he wasn’t reminded SRS needed something. When SRS asks him to save his son he almost flies off the handle, but is quickly appeased by the explanation of SY being adopted. After putting his men to work, he takes SRS into his room and spends the whole afternoon raping SRS, until the latter screams and can barely stand. (Yep, the ex gets off on torture.)

Why did SRS come to him for help? Besides being a very influential figure in the business world, he is also the biggest fish in the criminal underworld in their segment of the world, so he is their best bet at getting back SY without anyone being hurt. (He is Bebe’s other father as well.)

The afternoon-long rape fest is broken up by phone calls between SRS/ex and SM/JZX to give updates on SY’s possible locations. SRS has taught the kid a special code and during the calls to make sure he is still un-harmed he is constantly giving new clues to his parents. After little bun is rescued, while everyone is discussing what comes next, his and ML’s gazes meet and just like that the cat is out of the bag. ML is not angry, he kind of has a that-is-my-son moment and would very much like to get to know him. The kid on the other hand… Finally, it’s decided that JZX should remain on the scene to handle the police and everyone else would be heading back to SM and SRS’ flat to lessen the events’ impact on SY.

I think the saying, jumping from the oil pan into the fire, describes this chain of events quite well. Things become tense again during the night when JZX and the ex are left alone, because the ex has taken a liking to SY and threatens ML with taking the boy away; after all his pet has claimed the kid, and what belongs to his pet is his as well. The situation turns from bad to worse the next day when the ex has somehow found out about Bebe and has kidnapped the child from the people SRS entrusted him to. The following days are spent at the gers’ flat with pretty much everyone held hostages by the ex. They aren’t locked up but with the ex’s influence anything they could try to do is futile.

ML is busy with settling the legal aftermath of the whole Fang brothers fiasco and trying to make his family work.

…or not.

The impasse of their hopeless situation is broken by HWZ’s visit; he gives a possible solution to SM: they need to register with LQM abroad. Yes, as in get married to him. /waves the flag/

The next couple of days are spent in relative ‘happiness’ by the main couple. Trying to be an ordinary couple and ML working hard make the three of them a family, well as much as their situation would allow. This is actually just MC’s way of trying to get his fix of ML. Via his thoughts we are reminded just how much SRS has given up for him, and that’s how we arrive around the middle of ch. 48, where I’ve reached my limit. I hope you made note of that sentiment earlier when I asked you to, because now it’s back to haunt us. SM loves JZX very much, but that is not everything. With this sentiment returning it’s very clear MC has made up his mind to leave ML behind again.

I stopped reading here, so I don’t know if they actually went through with the plan or not. (When I was checking names I clicked on one a few more chaps down the road, here they were still in the planning stages, but I learned the fact that the country LQM settled in allows polygamy. How convenient… )

• ·While doing the outlines for the paintings for JZX’s office SM gets inspired by himself and his son deciding to draw a fierce mother tiger. At one point he also sketches a cute little baby tiger besides his mother, but will remove it.
    • ·It’s not a moment really, but it’s funny. I bet you guys had been having fun with the initials, SM, since I started using them, well, the author couldn’t let them slide either… JZX is showing all the gifts to SM that he has gotten for him during the years (and let me tell you it’s a lot). The first one is a white jade/opal with ‘SM’ engraved in it, then he tells the story of it: He didn’t think about it, just wanted the initials of his sweetheart engraved and even though the shopkeeper asked if he was sure a couple of times he still didn’t think anything was amiss. Unfortunately, I don’t remember this part well, but when the engraving was done the shop keeper said to him something along the lines of being a masochist and she was glad that he was so proud of/open about the life style. LoL /insert an army of dying from laughter smileys here/ Instant mortification. Ever since then he only gets ‘MU’ engraved on things. /still dying…/
    • MC has a very cute habit of calling out his missed loved one’s name in his sleep. In the 5 years interval it was JZX’s name mostly (that’s how SRS knew something was up with them). Then on his first night spent with ML he calls for Little Shadow, igniting no small amounts of jealousy in the man.
    • In the aftermath of the rescue mission JZX is left behind to handle the police. With the new knowledge of SY being his son biologically, he spends his time waiting for the civil servants arrival with looking over the child’s photos and videos on SM’s mobile crying.
    • Another cute fact: Su Ying was named by Su Mu so that he would have something of both of his fathers, mixing together his name and JZX’s nickname. Upon learning about this ML was very touched. (I think he even cried. Again.)

The main couple at this point is not really together, so there can’t be much of a reaction to ‘them’. But when MC’s friends learned about their budding relationship they weren’t exactly jumping for joy.

That depends on your definition of bun moments; our family of three just got ‘reunited’ and Su Ying is another cold, much-to-old-for-his-age man-child that would love to set his father on fire with his sight if he could. The one thing I might consider as such happens after SY’s kidnapping.

Following the successful rescue everyone is spending the night at the two gers’ flat. Earlier there has been a big scare because JZX, returning from dealing with the police, finds SM out cold and running a very high fever, SY is running a fever as well. (I was referring to MC as a delicate flower above because of this. Apparently he has this condition – about which both ML and SRS know, so the panic was limited - where anything could drive his system into overdrive and SY, to a point, seems to have inherited this condition.) The arriving doctor gives fever medication to both and puts in an IV drip for MC. After sorting everything out JZX returns to SM’s room to sleep away the remainder of the night holding his family close, but this plan is quickly aborted with the awakening of Little Shadow.

The little guy doesn’t want JZX touching him, nor does he want him anywhere close to his father, so he forces him off the bed and ML’s only remaining point of touch with them is holding MC’s hand with the IV drip. SY wouldn’t even allow him this, but then all of his moving around makes his still sleeping father to sweep him off with his free hand, and turn him into his chest, holding him close to sleep. (MC has years of practice at this move.) They spend the rest of the night like this with a very disgruntled Little Shadow.

From somewhere around close to ch. 20 (until around ch. 13-14 it’s mostly just warm up and introductions) I’ve been getting the feeling that things were happening too fast (and after ch. 30+ it just got stronger), too many things happening in the story compared to where we were in the total chapter count, causing it to feel crowded. And in my experience that doesn’t bode well for a novel. I don’t know if anyone read it, or the likes of it, but I was getting definite Full Marks Hidden Marriage vibes.

The little bun is also causing me to call it quits. Wouldn’t a child who is acting too mature for his own age and dislikes his father a lot (aka competing with him for his mother’s attention) be cute? Sure, but after the nth time the trope gets old real fast. One could try to reason that he is only acting like this because he is afraid of SM being taken away, but he likes LQM, his unreasonable hate seems to be limited to ML only. Hell, he even likes the gangster that’s practically keeping everyone in his family hostage better than his father.

But my biggest reason why I don’t wish continue with the book, is that I picked this up because I wanted to read danmei, aka BOYs’ love, the depiction of a relationship between MEN. The MC, aside from having a certain appendage between his legs and missing some fat on his chest, doesn’t seem all that much different from a woman for me (and nope, thanks to world setting he doesn’t own a pair). His behavior reminds me of those long-suffering, self-sacrificing heroines of shoujo stories, of which I’ve had quite enough back in the day, thank you so much.

Okay, I was still curious about how our lovebirds would end up, so I clicked one of the last chapters. That extra was about the kids. Since the beginning of the book it’s impressed upon us many times how close SY and SRS’s son are, and there’s a hint from early on that they might develop into a couple later on. Well, Su Ying and Bebe end up becoming a couple after growing up.

Hope I managed to provide an enjoyable spoiler/summary, or at least a useful one. (And not stepping on any toes while doing so.) If something wasn’t clear or would like to ask something, feel free.

And pls, forgive me for punctuation errors. After one-too-many MTLs and asian style webnovels I’m relearning it.

@morticia_addams , @LaDyViL

Kumoshiro, Kaylee, Izn and 16 others like this.
  5. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @rottenmushroom801
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @324722

6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahaha well said. That's also one of the reasons why I dropped some mpreg I've read.

Kaylee, oleti and Ghost_of_a_Witch like this.
  7. byunnie

byunnie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.... I'll pass on this one:sushi_peak::sushi_hide:

8. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, from the spoiler, this novel seems like a train wreck lol, if it's like full marks hidden marriage, i don't wanna touch it, random encounters and scenes and then toss in some random history that wasn't at all mentioned or hinted at the beginning of the story just makes it worse...seems this author is potentially just as whimsical in adding w/e that comes to mind to progress the plot even if it doesn't quite make sense.

9. Hanaru

Hanaru comfort me

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot is full of dog blood ah.... It's truly like one of those shoujo novels with CEO n all

_le sigh_

10. LavenderBlizzard

LavenderBlizzard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow @Ghost_of_a_Witch :aww: you read it a few weeks ago but still remembered a lot of things. I read it a long time ago but already forgot the plot. Maybe because I finished it in one day....skimming wkwkwk.

I forgot a lot of things. I only remember a few plots. I don't even remember the dog blood drama. This novel is just so-so. But I enjoyed it.

11. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Read this already but I forgot most of the details. It was pretty basic fare.

And I didn't feel it was that dog blood no matter how dog bloody @Ghost_of_a_Witch summary was, which was great btw.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  12. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, until I've read it, it looks like the author pretty much knew where they have wanted to go with the story. If anything, the details fall in with each other a little bit too well.

If you meant the gangster invasion part, then that had a lead up, I just mentioned it earlier to try to not break the flow of events with explanations later on. The truth about how MC's lost his wealth is revealed for us before the Fang brothers appear again, so it can be considerep a lead up to it. As for SRS's past (the hints I remember): he gets spooked by a man on televison and before SY gets kidnapped SRS and MC are preparing to skip town to live in peace again, here even MC is wondering 'cause he seems to be just a little bit too good at this flying under the radar business.

The system seems to be: author remarking on something, then it going wrong the next possible moment. (On the plus side, no cultivator or tigers so far.)

Kumoshiro, HesheFell and alexfilia like this.
  13. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm better at remembering plots and details than names or titles, @LavenderBlizzard . To be fair, I was trying to keep details in mind if no one else spoiled and I checked 1 or 2 things again when looking for the names.

14. Ghost_of_a_Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to see @HesheFell and @LavenderBlizzard having different opinions. In retrospect, I was a bit worried 'cause the tone of this spoiler turned out to be a bit too negative (doesn't mean I'll start liking the book though). The dog blood plot development I stand by (unless I've gotten something very wrong from the MTL), but I have to agree with them that this book is just so so, most of the new additions to the drama only receiving an eyeroll and some mild/fond exasperation from me.

If someone doesn't have my hang up about shoujo stories (not all shoujos are bad though) or doesn't mind a 'feminized' MC, they might just enjoy this.

HesheFell likes this.
  15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree