Discussion (BL) Chapters of Number One Zombie Wife?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by IrregularPerson, Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a particular reason why the chapters are so disorganized?
    Among the translators is my favorite dummytranslations but the NU links spring from here to there between groups. Is there a problem with translations by other groups?

2. Emilyl

Emilyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The original poster quit, then dummytranslations picked it up after getting permission from the original author and original poster. Then, Nastriumden started on it without consent. Nastriumden's translations are of poor quality, so they get them out faster

3. Emilyl

Emilyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you click on the button that looks like a highlighter tip, you can choose which group's releases show up

IrregularPerson likes this.
  4. Dummy

Dummy Need nyans

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi yes, there is a reason. I might have mentioned it before on my site but let me clarify again.

So my group and I spent a month getting in touch with the original translators, author and publisher to request for permission to continue translating her work. Polar, the original translator, had permission from the author and thus transferred the permission to us after we passed her test. But after a while, some readers notified us that another translator was going around picking up novels, including NOZW.

We have tried several times to get in touch with the other translator but even after more than a month, they have yet to get back with us while they continue posting more chapters. As such, we are unable to resolve this misunderstanding which led to confused readers like what you have seen today.

Although we are very touched by the support that our readers have expressed, my translators working on this novel have been very distressed especially by the other translator's lack of interest in hearing us out.

5. Leecorne

Leecorne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s the deal with Nastriumden? I’ve seen many series have tons of updates by them, but I see they often overlap with other translators?

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reready the comment above yours. The seem to be doing translation without consent.

7. RoseColouredSin

RoseColouredSin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nastriumden is pumping out MTL-ed chapters, but it seems like they're valuing quantity over quality... and I just can't read on their site, both because of the utter nonsense MTL produces sometimes, but also because there are some questionable ads and random hidden links which redirect to viruses and the like on their site. I don't adblock so that I can support translators and youtube creators by viewing ads, but that stuff is just really shady.

One thing I'm really confused about is that they said they don't know Chinese and also aren't an English speaker? So I'm wondering why they're MTL-ling CN -> EN instead of CN -> whatever language they're comfortable with since they would at least have better comprehension and maybe be able to edit :/

I know it's hard when MTL translators just overwhelm an already picked up project with a million releases at a time, but I still believe those projects such as NOZW deserve quality translations such as the ones @vivi99 and her team produce... do you think you guys would still be up to continuing it?

Ugh I hope I don't sound like a negative person, but this is something that has frustrated me for a while, because barely edited, or not even edited MTL takes so much less effort and time to release which really discourages translators who take time to provide really good quality translations from TL-ing really wonderful and deserving novels... and I just really had to vent about it ;-; I'm not even against MTL, I mean I know a tl-er who cross-references 5 different MTLs to translate something to the best of their ability since they don't know CN, and the quality is pretty good even if it isn't like 99.9999% accurate

Edit: I almost forgot, but I just want to thank @vivi99 and your team for posting such wonderful translations <3

8. Dummy

Dummy Need nyans

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi thanks for asking. Trust me, my translators have also been very confused and have attempted to contact NU with regards to MTL, but apparantly NU accepts this standard of MTL so I have nothing to say and will not continue pursuing this matter. But I also have nothing against MTL as long as they have been edited. In fact, it's even more noteworthy that non-chinese readers are doing their best to provide accurate translations, but that's only if they actually put in effort to make it readable.

Previously, I pulled over a translator who we had accidentally clashed with for a while. If you've been reading NOZW on my site, you'll probably know THIS BRO. So we had a deal that we'll translate the free chapters(Cause that's the author's request for us) and if THIS BRo wants to, she'll continue translating the rest on her own. But now, we're contemplating whether or not we'll just stop after the free chapters because at this point where the other translator is already 50+ chapters ahead, it's extremely discouraging and there doesn't seem to be a point.

We're currently doing teasers and searching for new series to do so after the free chapters. So to answer your question, we are unlikely to continue. But that is not to say that it is our final decision, we'll continue discussions.

9. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @vivi99 Thank you for particularly for responding to this small one inquiry, I now understand a lot of things.
    Also thank you @Emilyl for the advice, I'll be using the function to read NOZM.
    And to think Nastriumden is being difficult. I was reading Banished to Another World from them despite quality discrepancies but to think that this was happening on the translators side...
    Fighting! #QualityOverQuantity!
    I appreciate that those at dummytranslations for getting permission from the authors too, as a loyal reader I hope to see more of the teams work.

RoseColouredSin likes this.
  10. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.