Recruitment [BL][Chrysanthemum Garden] Looking For Translator/Editor/Proofreader/TLC

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Elestrea, May 31, 2019.

1. Kyoko Usagi

Kyoko Usagi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there! I'm interested in joining as a proofreader/editor!

How many hours/chapters a week can you commit?
    - On the conservative side, I can probably commit about 9 hours a week, but when my schedule days are lighter, maybe up to around 15? I can do at least 2 chapters a week.
    Are you a native English speaker?
    - Yes
    Are you below/above 18?
    - I am below 18
    Do you know any Chinese?
    - I do know Chinese, since both my parents are Chinese, so I learned it, but it's certainly rusty on the vocab side of things.
    Which projects are you interested in or anything is fine?
    - Anything's fine
    (For Editor/Proofreader) Do you have any editing/proofreading experience?
    - Yes, I do have experience. I used to do proofreading and cleaning for manga scanlations. I worked on some scripts for my first scanlation, senpainoticeme scans. I proofread a couple of chapters from Ijiwaru Houteishiki, S love, and Mizutama Honey Boy back in 2015. I then helped out with Evil Flowers Scanlations, where I proofread some chapters of Pine In the Flower Garden (only one or so, I think I worked on another series with them as well, but I don't remember since it was back in 2016). I worked probably the most with Penicillin Shock and cleaned/proofread for some panels from 10 dance, and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, and some other things. We had started on another series, but then I had to leave, due to lack of time, and preparing for college admissions(which I've finished now). Additionally, I used to translate a couple of series, such as Supreme Arrow God(11 chapters) and The Urban Successor of God of Gluttony(18 Chapters), and I did I think one chapter of a BL series called I Have Medicine(which I now realize you guys took up. I used to be tling on my site, bluebunny translations. I deleted the site a little bit back though.). For all three of the series, I proofread a number of those chapters. Most of SAG was proofread by someone else, but I did USGG's on my own.
    (For Co-Translator/TLC) Can you provide us a link to your current translation, if you have any? If not, can you do the test in and send it over?
    - If you want me to send it over and take the test, I can, but I don't plan to TLC/Co - Trans at the moment, since I translate far slower than I proofread, and am uncertain if I can maintain that much commitment at the moment.

2. Elestrea

Elestrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, did someone contact you already? I missed this notification... :blobsad:

3. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
  4. dreamxx

dreamxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm interested in joining as a translator with a new project. That said, I have only just begun preliminary work on it and I hope to stock up on ~20 chapters or so before I start posting. Would that be okay?

1. How many hours/chapters a week can you commit? I can do about one chapter per week (after stocking up on some chapters though because I currently have other projects of my own that I would like to complete)
    2. Are you a native English speaker? Yes I am.
    3. Are you below/above 18? Above 18.
    4. Do you know any Chinese? Yes I can speak/read/write in Chinese but I'm not very good with slang.
    5. Which projects are you interested in or anything is fine? I'm interested in picking up a new project: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3975554
    6. (For Editor/Proofreader) Do you have any editing/proofreading experience? NA.
    7. (For Co-Translator/TLC) Can you provide us a link to your current translation, if you have any? If not, can you do the test in https://chrysanthemumgarden.com/recruitment/ and send it over? Currently I have a few ongoing projects on my wordpress site: https://peachblossomdreams.home.blog/

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  5. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, thank you for your interest in joining us! Could you please also do the translator's test on CG and send it over to me in DM? Thank you!

dreamxx likes this.
  6. dreamxx

dreamxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Done! :blobmelt:

Elestrea likes this.
  7. ImmortalWoof

ImmortalWoof Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How many hours/chapters a week can you commit?
      A Minimum of 7 Ch./Week~ (Daily 1-3 chapters depending on the amount of words/ch.

2. Are you a native English speaker?
      Yep!

3. Are you below/above 18?
      Above 18!

4. Do you know any Chinese?
      Nope.

5. Which projects are you interested in or anything is fine?
      I can do anything so long as it's editable/proofreadable! Just not MTL please. (PTSD-ceiling stare from editing a past MTL novel)

6. (For Editor/Proofreader) Do you have any editing/proofreading experience?
      Yep! Currently working with another translator group right now!
      Been at this for around... 6 months I guess?

Elestrea likes this.
  8. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
      I could commit 4-5 hours a day so a total of 28-25 hours a week.
      Yes~
      above~
      nope!
      anything's fine!
      none at all :blobsweat:

9. Cat_the_axe

Cat_the_axe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  10. Cat_the_axe

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi did someone contact you over Discord by any chance?

11. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    nope~

12. Akaya suika

Akaya suika Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could commit 1-2 chapters a week

Nope

Above

Nope, but I know japanese

Anything is fine

nope

13. lolihantaa

lolihantaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I wonder if it will be okay for me to apply as japanese translator with new project on CG? I found an interesting novel and I want to start it but I don't know how to show this project to you? Should I upload it on my personal blog first? Thank you!

14. Cat_the_axe

Reading List:
    Link
    hi saw your message~ As for that, if you have discord would you be able to DM meli (the host of CG) her Discord ID is Melimeli#2172, or you can head over to the application form on the CG website, to get there just go to Chrysanthemum Gardens site and click the "Join Us" button and it will send you to the application site.

15. Cat_the_axe

Reading List:
    Link
    hi hi, sorry for the late reply. Same as the person above but do you have Discord so that i can DM you the test?

16. lolihantaa

lolihantaa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay! :blobokhand:
    Thank you for your reply! :blobReach:

17. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
  18. _ice

_ice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! To be honest, I am okay with any role you might need me to play (be it co-translator/proofreader/editor/etc). I have considered applying to join Chrysanthemum Garden as a full-on translator for a while now but I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding on what project I might want to work on (since there is just so much good danmei out there... so just a heads up!) but I'd love to be of help to any of the current translators if it means being able to help them update even faster/easier. ( ^ v ^ )

I am currently in Wuhan, China where the whole coronavirus is happening right now so school has basically been put on hold for me. It is also highly likely that even when school does start (which is sometime in March) I will be having online courses so I am very, very free. If I must estimate, from now till March I should be able to give at least 6-8 hours a day and up to 4-6 hours a day after March.

Yes. Canadian English to be precise.

I am 17 turning 18 in December.

Yup. It's my second language. Officially I am at HSK level 4 and am well on my way to level 5.

I'd prefer to help co-translate for Dinghai Fusheng Records or help edit Turing's Code (both are okay too, I just love Feitian. We need more Feitian).

6.1 (For Editor/Proofreader) Do you have any editing/proofreading experience?
    If you mean in translating danmei then no. But I have often helped my classmate translate and edit/proofread their essays from Chinese to English (I go to an international school).

6.2 (For Co-Translator/TLC) Can you provide us a link to your current translation, if you have any?
    Like I stated above, I haven't done any translations yet (sadly) but I will gladly take the test. \(^w^ \)

19. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, thank you for applying! I'll send you a DM! UwU

20. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link