Spoiler (BL) Dinghai Fusheng Records

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by namio, Aug 26, 2019.

1. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I'm aware there's no spoiler threads for this one (I checked, but I have no idea what the actual English title is so sorry if someone made one with that title) so here I go...?

定海浮生录 | Dinghai Fusheng Records
    by Fei Tian Ye Xiang 非天夜翔

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Martial Arts, Wuxia, Xuanhuan, Yaoi
    Original: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3848563
    NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/dinghai-fusheng-records/
    Translator: DMlations

Summary

Immortal arts, magic weapons, magical powers, and the boundless spiritual Qi between heaven and earth vanished into obscurity overnight, and all the exorcists became mere mortals.

300 years later, the Five Barbarians traversed the pass, a prelude to an era of great turmoil in China. They heralded the end of the world, where thousands of drought fiends stalked the night and the collapse of the Divine Land was imminent.

Fortunately, within this long, dark night where silence had fallen on all magic, a lone star still glistened brightly on the horizon.

The Heart Lamp appeared, illuminating the vast expanse around it. A 16-year-old young man, who will end his life on his 20th birthday, embarked on a journey of reclaiming the spiritual Qi of the heavens and earth that had been sealed away — only four years remain.

The road ahead was filled with countless thistles and thorns, and it seemed improbable for him to succeed.

Chen Xing, “The important thing is that I’m the last exorcist in this world, yet the only magic I am capable of is emitting light. What can I do?”

Wait patiently then. When the Dinghai pearl reappears on earth, the uncertain trajectory of everyone’s fates will be completely disrupted before converging once more.

Chen Xing, “Could I be partnered with a more normal Protector martial god?”

Isn’t your Protector really skilled in fighting?

Chen Xing, “He is good at fighting, but when he loses it he’ll hit even me……”

There’s nothing that can be done about that, you can only blame yourself for losing yourself to lust.

I've MTL'ed it almost to the end but given the fact that this is very much a historical novel there's........... a lot of terms LOL so having my understanding of the events sorted out would be fantastic! (I could also give my understanding of what happens, but it's wonky at best given I've only MTL'ed it once and so much happens..... giving summaries is really hard)

2. lazuuli

lazuuli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.. I give up MTL after chapter 18 because there's so many historical event that I can't keep up with the plot.

namio likes this.
  3. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A shitton happens then. The gist I understood up to chapter 18 was that Shadowy Dude was trying to kill Chen Xing because he singularly has the ability to stop the monsters (and really, just the only person with any purification powers at all). While in Chang'an Chen Xing was also trying to find the location of the now-gone Department/office/place...? of some sort of state exorcist? Which so happens to be a place now owned and rebuilt as some kind of safehouse I think? by the Feng family-- the same Feng family Feng Qianjun is from. Except that they're plotting a rebellion against Fu Jian (the current ruler of Chang'an-- I don't understand his position at that point in history though, ie. if he's just a Prince TM or an Emperor I have no bloody clue) and Chen Xing gets into hot water for it. Also, Yuwen Xin (indirectly?) killed his family. Also also, really shady socialization time with Fu Jian and Princess Qinghe. They enter spooky mirror world with Feng Qianjun.

I spent the past 2 days binging Wikipedia and other websites and here are things that I found somewhat helpful for me while MTLing?

Xiang Shu is the current Da Chanyu. MTL translates it to Big Single or something of the sort (LOL). His name appears to actually be 述律空 Shùlǜ kōng (MTL'd as the law is sth-I-forgot, bc thanks MTL) and maybe possibly have been referred to as 安答 Ān dá (I'm not sure if this is him or his childhood friend tbh) and 孤王 Gū wáng ? (MTL'd as Lone(ly) King, might be his title in the Tiele group as there's another leader also called sth-王) (Might actually be really his title, but it flew past me...)

((Xiang Shu....... your too-many-names is killing me.................. I haven't even mentioned the fact that Xiang Shu's name gets MTL'd as BOTH Item and Story, like save me......))
    (((I just rechecked ch 17 and it seems like 述律空 is 述律 as a surname and 空 as a given name, since Chen Xing asks why he's called Xiang Shu and not Xiang Kong; confirmation that Shulu is an actual clan I found in English is from a book titled The Kitan Language and Script by Daniel Kane)))

Feng Qianjun's older brother is named Feng Qianmao according to pinyin I got off Google Translate. Doesn't matter when MTLing though, because they both get written out as Feng Qianxi LOL good luck yall suckers //shoots self in the foot

komo komo, veihakase and lazuuli like this.
  4. Elestrea

Elestrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG glad someone else enjoyed reading this! I love CX and XS's dynamics so much! Please fangirl with me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :blobowoevil:

Anyway, clarifying some of your questions:
    Fu Jian is like a leader of the Hus INSIDE the Great Wall. He's not a prince of the Hus, the Hus don't use the 'one-king-to-rule-them-all' and even Xiang Shu as the Great Chanyu just acts as a moderator of some kind because apparently, the Hus had been in constant feuds with each other. Yes, sure everybody respects him and listens to him but he's not their Supreme King. Also, he still needs to get some kind of scroll that is signed by the rest of the Hus, including the one outside the Great Wall, the one led by Xiang Shu to be able to become an 'emperor' and the process is called 紫卷金授 (Golden Conferment of Purple Scroll). It was explained around Chapter 11 right after Xiang Shu's identity was revealed.

1. Shulü Kong is Xiang Shu's Hu name.
    2. Xiang Shu is his Han name.
    3. Guwang is his title and how he likes to refer himself. Yes, 王 is how each tribe's chief called themselves.
    4. Anda refers to both Xiang Shu and Che Luofeng, it's like Mongolian nickname thing on how you refer to your best brother.
    5. 护法 (Protector) is what Chen Xing calls and wants him to be.

I also can help clarify other things up til Chapter 38, no more than that because I'm slow.... :blob_teary:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    komo komo, veihakase, lazuuli and 2 others like this.
  5. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GRABS YOU BY THE SHOULDERS AND SHAKES YOU THANK YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!! THIS!!!!!!! IS GOING STRAIGHT INTO MY NOTES!!!!

I adore CX and XS-- even early on you can sense their mutual attraction, though the mostly-CX pov stops us from really knowing XS's side that he doesn't act on. Chen Xing is an absolute sweetheart, I want to cry reading him feeling so alone in a hostile world with seemingly an unwilling Protector-- baby, sweetheart, we love you very much,,,,,

That'd be beyond fantastic!!!! I spend my first readthrough usually to understand plot-- that's how I whirlwinded through 110 chapters in 12 hours LOL but I need better info.... o(--(

suibian98 and veihakase like this.
  6. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAVE YOU SEEN THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51356459/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

Kleep, veihakase and namio like this.
  7. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AH SHIT IT'S YOU THE NOVELS YOU'RE TRANSLATING RUINED MY LIFE!!!! jk it gave me life i'm abt to live 20 yrs longer thx to them
    the video tho im.................. never gonna be the same again.. tahsnk....
    I've been raiding lofter for fanarts and that explains why this artist drew so many fanarts but theres just so many i haven't seen posted and im losing my mind....... chen xing child, baby, ,,,, the gold and white clothes..... the clothes xiang shu wears in that autumn festival....... lu ying........ them uhgging....... the peARL

Also chapter 10 just went up like 10 mins ago and I have to say......... glad i chose to exist today.... (prayer hands) I finally understand more chapters..... also Fu Jian is giving me a bit (a lot?) of heebie jeebies considering what he did to Qinghe and Murong Chong.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av54679664/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.1 this video is making me cry though THEIR DUET!!! THEIR DUET!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    veihakase and Zryuu like this.
  8. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe I’m glad you enjoyed reading them~

This is one of my faves cuz it shows their squad:
    803B4257-A436-4ED8-AB25-935D0B009AC7.jpeg

We’ve collected a ton of fanarts too ever since our obsession started and they’re ALL SO PRETTY!!

Omg btw, Fu Jian, Princess QH and Murong Chong are all real characters AND the real Fu Jian did have ‘relations’ with both of them...

I KNOW RIGHT?? Flute x Zither I was so shook when I realised it was their duet!!! MY NEW OTP AFTER ZS x YH

9. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chen Xing is looking for the Exorcist HQ because he wants to find clues related to the silence that befell all magic.

Dinghai is actually part of an Exorcist series by Feitian. He’s planning on writing 5, and so far 3 have been written. The other two are Tianbao and Mingshi(?) Omg I forgot HAHA but there are crossovers!!!! They’re like diff gens of Exorcists and the Exorcist HQ appears in all of them I think, I’ve only read dinghai so far

veihakase and namio like this.
  10. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love that one!!! Xiao Shan is uwuwuwuwu adorable
    Some of my favs are these:
    http://lizzylizzyya.lofter.com/post/1f703fd4_12df150a5?act=qbwaptag_20160216_05
    For just how much of a mom Chen Xing is with Xiao Shan
    http://taitailaiwancumianma.lofter.com/post/1ea15619_1c5b10dab?act=qbwaptag_20160216_05
    http://thanatos394.lofter.com/post/1d1a3340_1c5e09391?act=qbwaptag_20160216_05
    THESE TWO FOR BEING MY FAVORITE SCENE AND I CRY OVER CX'S CLOTHES its the ones they gave him its :blobsob::blobsob:
    http://zld4442349.lofter.com/post/2af6a1_1c5cf9994?act=qbwaptag_20160216_05?act=qbwaptag_20160216_05
    And this for the group pic with Xie An and Parro-- I mean Phoenix

AAAAHH THANK YOU I swear I've heard Murong Chong being referenced somewhere about this kind of scenario but I didn't yet come across it in my wikipedia hunting (mostly reading about the Wu Hu right now....) so this is just :bloblove:
    I might start a google docs compiling these; are you guys all right with that?

CX AND XS ARE SO........ I love their individual relationships with "destiny" thrust upon them, and how their tentative attempts to grow close went. CX's sheer loneliness and walling off due to his limited timespan hurts me so much though...... when he first thought about how him wanting a Protector was so he might have a fulfilling (platonic) relationship and have someone there before he dies...... and how XS actually understood what he wanted at that first meeting.......... CX is just so lonely even when he doesn't think about it :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    When he got drunk and started mumbling about how Xing-er is tired and wants to go home and how it's too hard to do with the 2.5 years left and XS immediately gets alarmed and asks what 2.5 years Chen Xing???? :blobsob::blobsob:

komo komo, soie_yoie, azinine and 6 others like this.
  11. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ow ow ow D;

This is HE right? CX isn’t going to die towards the end is he? D;

12. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES THISSSSS OMG THE CLOTHES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL..........
    TEVtUDQ4S3g4Y29ZZW9ZRHczVEhWaTBZdTY1d0lhSFV6QzMrWEVKc1dTNlBZZ1F1Y1NjbUFnPT0.jpg
    CX's loneliness was so pronounced when he was in Chi Le Chuan it made my heart ache :blobsob:

He has no family, no home, no friends, and now he doesn't even have a Protector, yet he's still trying his best to fulfill his role as the Great Exorcist who holds the Heart Lamp while always suffering from the knowledge that he doesn't have much time left to live :blobsob: MY BABYYYYYY :blobcry:

OMG!! Approx around which chap does this happen??? El and I are so excited for the 'lifespan reveal' :blobtaco:

Yes HE!! I haven't gotten that far yet but I'm p sure he finds a way to overcome it
    And from fanarts, I'm guessing that CX somehow gets Iuppiter out of his fate, though I'm not sure how he's gonna do that

13. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thank god its HE. ;-; Though I am certainly looking forward to when the lifespan stuff gets revealed. It sounds particularly angsty

Maybe the dinghai pearl will somehow change CX’s fate?

I want to MTL this but the historical stuff is gonna fly over my head...

14. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chen Xing mentioning his 2.5 years lifespan while drunk happens in ch 53!!! He never actually tells Xiang Shu, though, XS was just very concerned about him mentioning only 2.5 years left but doesn't know what will happen. He finds out through someone else about Chen Xing's star at ch 73, and basically got angry and almost dragged CX off in the middle of New Years ceremony with Sima sth LOL... they only actually talked about it briefly on CX's 19th birthday before shit goes down, and it's..........
    me extrapolating meanings bc i mtld
    "Go with me to the end of this road and I will always remember....
    "In this world, there is a man who cares about me to the extent of calling all his friends, uses all his family wealth," Cheng Xing says softly, "Only so I can live, to stay with me."
    "I will remember, in this world, there was a man," Xiang Shu says, "Who was willing to burn his three souls and seven spirits, just to become a light enlightening the world."
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

IM SO HURT AT THE CHI LE CHUAN FEELINGS.... when at the festival he gets..... down seeing Cheluo Feng chasing after XS and he suddenly feels like the festival isnt fun anymore and is actually jealous but wonders if it's homesickness, but then where is his hometown :blobsob::blobsob:
    Being constantly reminded that he didn't belong here by CLF was ouch too...... CX even telling XS multiple times that XS is Da Chanyu so he has a lot of responsibilities, can't run after CX all the time, it's okay CX has good luck all his life, no need to worry :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

CX is lonely for years but because he understands he can't force anyone to go with him he is willing to let them go and just go on this journey by himself... im just so..... my sweet baby....

Chen Xing did manage to get rid of Iuppiter but actually it's Xiang Shu.... they spent like a year and a half trying to "unlock" dinghai pearl but didn't succeed.. war already broke out and they're right at the doorstep of it. After exhausting heart lamp CX would fall into these 3 months comas, and this is another. XS has been spending 3 months outside, and it turns out that he's been trying to find ways to unlock the pearl. The enemy basically told him they can wear it down with resentment and then to actually make it release the qi of heavens and earth he has to kill CX and refine his soul into the sword or sth similar. So during a battle XS was actually with the enemy and wearing down the pearl. CX managed to get to him, gets stabbed and basically through that they released the qi... and using the other magical artifacts they amassed, turned back time to the first time they met. Except the qi of heavens and earth is back? CX, Feng Qianjun, Xiao Shan and Xie An remember the last life and basically they go speedrun the bosses LOL preventing deaths and purifying important individuals. XS doesn't remember because of the backlash, but he regains it through the help of Deer Dad aka Lu Ying. CX lost Iuppiter because of.... something XS did.

But yeah, he does manage to get rid of the time limit!!

That scene actually happened in the second run-through. CX saved both of Akelei (?) King's sons (him purifying eldest son who got corrupted by demon blood while helping the wife give birth LOL) and the Princess basically made him their people's clothing as thanks..... some people then braided his hair and he spends the festival like that..... then they made out in the snow. Also, basically XS finally proposed through the skiing with a shield 3 times.... its so cute im emo

gnyaa, komo komo, Kleep and 3 others like this.
  15. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AH RIGHT I didn't really understand this bit through bad MTL so it flew past me JggjFJFHCCSHC
    I see it!! I was just thinking of checking out the other 2 in the series, also the oldest entry is from 2012...... also I think it's Xingshenqishi
    The first chapter made me wonder if I'm reading a galactic setting story tho :blobjoy:

veihakase likes this.
  16. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG this song did you know that the lyrics was the same as the one sung by all the Hus when they were going back to Chi Le Chuan by the end of volume 1? It was apparently also a real old Chinese song depicting the vast plain of China and how people lived back then AND WHEN WHEN I FIRST READ THAT PART I SCREAMED AT ZRYUU FOR A WHOLE DAY HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god 53 and 73 OMG... that's... still very far.... AHHHH I LOVE THEIR RELATIONSHIP BUILDUP SO MUCH huhuhu but gotta stay away from all those spoilers for now:blobfrowning:

YES Tianbao is apparently very popular and days ago it just got a donghua announcement and all of the fujos' screams hurt my ears HAHAHAHAHA also there seemed to be a mention of Chen family and some kind of Pearl in there, the Phoenix dude also made an appearance and there was also another Deer dude... aaaaand the first one, 国家一级注册驱魔师上岗培训通知 has another name with 'Record' at the end too I think it's Mingwang something something Record huhuhu I cried I need to read EVERYTHING :blob_teary:

Kleep, veihakase and namio like this.
  17. namio

namio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I REMEMBER!!! I BAWLED WATCHING THE VIDEO ITS SO !!!
    Grabbing text from jjwxc is really annoying but I stumbled across this on lofter, is the lyrics this??
    敕勒川
    阴山下
    天似穹庐
    笼盖四野
    天苍苍
    野茫茫
    风吹草低现牛羊
    I never knew it was a real song.... im emo...... gosh this novel is wrecking me

DONT READ SPOILERS!!!! SAVOR THE STORY!!!

I need to read Feitian's entire library wheezes
    Also I heard they bought filming rights for Dinghai im gonna die
    A DONGHUA THO???

Also I'm on phone and the quotes arent working properly but @Kikoeru don't worry!! Also the hesitation to MTL is understandable :blobjoy:
    We'll be here???

veihakase and Kikoeru like this.
  18. Elestrea

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup that's the one! The song is titled Chi Le Chuan and it was translated to Chinese by some Xianbeis huhuhu there is a Baidu page for that folk song and if you search YouTube there are quite a lot of variations too! YES GO EMO GO EMO GO EMO the fact that the Chi Le Chuan in the novel was also located under Yin Mountains in the northern area left me speechless and also how Feitian was able to incorporate real historical elements into the novel and made it seem believable was even more amazing in my opinion. I believe only one or two terms he used weren't real :blob_coffee:

Me too me too me too time time time we need more time... and yes! Dinghai is on its way to get an adaptation too!! Can't wait for all the actions AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!