Spoiler (Bl) Fox Demon Cultivating Manual

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Apr 29, 2019.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. BookDevourer99

BookDevourer99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. ahsudole

ahsudole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No spoilers yet? I'd like to know about mc and ml's relationship and its development as well as how ml's identity reveal plays out~

TomiNdumplings likes this.
  5. TomiNdumplings

TomiNdumplings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't really read this yet so I'm not too far into the story, and I read it a few weeks ago so I can't remember too clearly, some parts are probably not the most acurate.
    MC and ML meet around ch 6 or 7. He's the white-taoist dude with the disguised handsome guy at the inn that the MC goes to at the beginning of the story.
    MC has been traveling for (I think) abt fours years(I don't remember exactly so this might be wrong) to find the entrance to the demon capital to find the demon king so he can become human again. There are nine demon capitals and the entrance appears once a month in a different place each time.
    The first few chapters are the MC trying to get rid of this ghost at an inn, he meets this scary looking swordsman, who turns out to be handsome and disguising himself so the ghost won't attack him or something like that, and he(MC) gets attacked by some cultivators who went to get rid of the ghost. Long story short the ghost is someone with like an injury or birthmark or something on her face making her really ugly, she was apparently really nice but couldn't get married bc of her face. She saves this rich old woman who then sets the ghost girl up with her son to thank the girl, the old womans son is some womanizer and doesn't like his new wife. Rumors saying the girl was a gold digger and stuff happened, the old woman dies and the girl gets blamed and killed bc of it.
    Girl turned into a demon/evil spirit thingy and has been killing ppl trying to revive the old lady, MC finds coffin of the lady and burries her, ghost girl gets mad saying that he killed the lady bc he burried her.
    Entrance to demon capital opens tons of demons come out. The ML appears steals MCs sword thingy(while MC is still in battle) MC gets injured and transforms into his demon form, he some kind of fox demon. Smell from MCs blood wafts through, and MLs companion is all like ML when did you have children.
    Demon/ghost girl drank the Mcs blood or something and gets a power up, ML and companion destroy the entire city, seemingly trying to find something. Most of the residents have already fled from the city bc of the fight but the city is pretty much leveled, resident took this as a lesson not to gossip and spread rumors or something.
    MC follows advice of ML companion and goes to find ML partly to get back his sword thingy partly to get ML to tell him where the entrance to the demon capital is and use him as a meat shield.
    MC finds ML, meets this wolf demon, transforms into a teenager(ML and wolf dude also turn into teenager) to infiltrate a cultivator sect bc they think the thing ML is looking for is there. Sect is the same one the cultivators who attacked MC before were from, Mo Ysomething.
    MC and friends pass test to get in, sneak around at night looking for the thingy, MC comes across Dao companions "doing it" I think(not too sure abt this part) gets caught by this elder dude, runs for his life. MC and friends continue their nightly outings. And that where i left off.
    Sorry this was so long for what is only 10 to 15 chapters(plus like half of it is already translated), I suck at summarizing things.:blob_patpat:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Kaylee, Izn, alexfilia and 8 others like this.
  6. ahsudole

ahsudole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! I'm surprised the ml wasn't the secretly-handsome man from the inn, what with how he was described and all

Nadelyn and TomiNdumplings like this.
  7. TomiNdumplings

TomiNdumplings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I thought he would be the ML too. But considering that the dude in the summaries name is Rong Bai and the person MC goes to the sect with is also named Rong Bai, I'm 90% sure he's the ML

Zhen_Qing, Lianyin and ahsudole like this.
  8. Lianyin

Lianyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah Rong Bai is the ML! :cookie:

Zhen_Qing and TomiNdumplings like this.
  9. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @Zennie_613
    @324722

hmudara, alexfilia, maya_sov and 8 others like this.
  10. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    the summary sold me~~~ :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    i will start reading when it reached more than 10 chaps ~~~ >.<

11. periperi

periperi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty interesting so far:
    The arc after Sun Yunniang is basically MC following ML because ML took his only weapon. MC is really cute and innocent haha :aww::cookie: He's a real gentleman who have yet to even hold a lady's hand. I think ML is kind of amused and let's him follow. They also pick up this wolf demon who tried to eat MC but was suppressed by ML (but he can turn into human form). So the arc follows them infiltrating the daoist sect mentioned in the first arc. ML changes his appearance to a teen and turns MC to 10-12 yo form (so cute). ML is there to find the demon seal thing. As for cute moments, MC and wolf demon were kind of talking about the demon king and basically badmouthing him. ML overhears and is later in a bad mood. ML ask MC if he thinks he is bad (ruthless etc, basically what they were saying the demon king is) and MC was like NO, you're the most gentle person blah blah, trying to make him happy and secretly thinking who in the world had the guts to badmouth ML :blobjoy: Another cute moment is at this demon jail behind the mountain of that sect, turns out MC was locked there before and met another demon who calls him Xiao yin yao (google translated it to small kinky demon, I choked). ML was so amused :cookie: and the price of saving that demon for MC was the reason behind that name. Basically years ago, there was a dream demon who entered young girls dreams to seduce them and somehow MC who bought similar(?) clothes got mistaken to be that demon by the daoist sect people who chased after him calling him yin yao and threw him into the jail so the first thing the other demon said upon seeing him is somewhere along the lines of "So I heard you slept with a lot of women" and MC was like "I'm totally innocent!!" :blobjoy:

Any romance is slow going but the plot itself is really interesting. Sadly only read up to chapter 25 since the others chapters are locked and I can't figure out the buying of points on jjwxc even with the help of guides (no paypal options, only alipay and I do not have a china bank account :facepalm:) and there doesn't seem to be other websites with chapters beyond chapter 25 :blobconfounded:
    Okay update: I figured out how to use paypal on the website. If all goes well with the story + I don't lose interest, I'll post more spoilers! Fingers crossed!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Emma401, Jadeite524, Kaylee and 9 others like this.
  12. periperi

Reading List:
    Link
    So I finished the second arc. Be prepared for my rambling spoilers:
    So from summary we all know MC swallowed the demon king's blood, turning into a half demon. There's this clan called TuShan that has a lot of powerful demons (I gather they are fox demons). ML tells MC that the more tails he has, the stronger he is (at current due to denial leading to not properly fusing with the demon blood, MC has zero tails). ML also says the demon king is equivalent to a 9 tail. MC innocently asks if there is a fast way to cultivate to 9 tails as he thinks it will take him eternity to do so. This happens after MC and wolf demon saw the dual cultivation of that woman (read below spoilers for context) and ML says maybe if he does dual cultivation with the demon king, he will quickly rise up. :blobnosebleed:HAHA MC got super red in the face then ask ML if demon king is girl or boy. ML is VERY amused and says male then ask MC if he is actually considering. Poor innocent MC

So I didn't mention this in detail previously but I want to kind of lay down what in the world is happening. So MC and wolf demon follows ML to infiltrate the daoist sect. Reason for MC is because ML has his weapon and ML is OP so staying next to ML increases his survival chances and ML promised to help him get to the demon world. Reason for ML is because in the sect there is another part of this seal that I think sealed him before. The seal was split into 4, 2 of which is in the human world. One was in the town of the first arc and so he already has it. The second is at the daoist sect. A lot of people are looking for the seals, be it for power or to try and overthrow the demon king or to prevent the demon king from coming back. At the sect as new recruits, they are supposed to undergo 2 months of training before deciding if they can become disciples of the sect. There's also some new important characters. Firstly is the kind senior who wolf demon takes a liking to and also kind senior's shifu. Cute thing is that they stay in a dormitory with many of the other teens and MC sleeps between ML and wolf demon (as wolf demon mentions, MC is weak af hahaha). So in the day there are lessons and of course at night ML and wolf demon go about doing their own stuff (and turns out wolf demon is ALSO looking for that seal but for other reasons). One cute moment is ML returning to sleep and directly going onto the bedding without going under the blanket. MC is thinking he will def catch a cold but doesn't dare to wake him so he uses his own blanket over ML and kind of half cuddles over. ML notices but doesn't say anything :cookie::cookie:

As mentioned in my previous post, there's this demon jail thing at the back of the mountain of the sect where MC got his unfortunate nickname. ML and MC were actually there looking for the seal when they re-encountered the demon who calls MC yin yao. Turns out back then, that demon was the one who pushed MC out of the barrier enabling him to escape and MC promised to save him but knows deep down that he is too weak to do so and if it weren't for ML, it would be impossible. There's also another senior master in this sect that I will call "the woman" who is a woman but they call she shishu (shu means uncle so like I was so confused about her gender half the time) who is more senior than kind senior's shifu. One of the nights, MC and wolf demon catches her doing "dual cultivation" with an unknown person. MC being adorably innocent kind of runs away while wolf demon stays trying to figure out who the other person is. MC is caught by kind senior's shifu who warns him against leaking the truth and wants to erase his memory but MC escapes.

So we have the following cast: MC, ML, wolf demon, demon (from the jail), kind senior, senior's shifu and that woman. Is everyone still on track here? So ML tells MC he's found the seal and will get it that night and they will leave the next day. MC is happy and agrees to wait obediently at the dormitory. In the middle of the night, demon comes waking MC urging him to escape. Apparently a whole bunch of demons are outside the sect barrier waiting to intrude and kill everyone on sight. Demon wants to save MC hence pulls MC along but MC remembers what ML said. ML is his golden thigh so of course MC wants to find ML. He bids farewell to demon, saying may they meet again but in this wide world, they know they may never meet again. So details are a bit sketchy here but MC finds wolf demon who says he found the seal. In this lantern thing. Wolf demon doesn't dare open it, something about a soul is inside. MC touches the lantern and finds himself viewing someone's memories. It's kind senior's shifu memories. So years ago, kind senior shifu had a junior brother shidi. Who was better than him in every aspect so people kept comparing them and favouring that shidi. kind senior shifu of course resents this. Shidi is sticky and likes to be around kind senior shifu but he's always brushed aside. MC notes that kind senior shifu actually has a crush on that woman as his heart will speed up but that woman likes shidi. She clearly favours him over kind senior shifu but shidi favours kind senior shifu. You can see the problematic triangle forming. The entire sect also thinks that shidi and woman are together, making kind senior shifu even sadder. One day, that woman basically goes up to the shidi and says when is he going to ask her to marry him. Everyone goes into celebratory mode while kind senior shifu gets really sad and drunk. Shidi finds him later and he asks the shidi to leave him alone and stop sticking to him. MC notes that deep down, kind senior's shifu never really hated his shidi but comparison over time is really hard to deal with. Shidi says he has yet to repay his life debt. A long time ago, kind senior's shifu saved his life. Kind senior's shifu (crying :blob_teary:) says that the debt has long been paid and to stop bothering him. Since that day, shidi really interacts with him less. Then one day, there is a huge demon invasion. Before they go off to battle, shidi approaches kind senior shifu and tells him to be careful. So in battle, the prodigious shidi is of course at the front lines. Even as he gets injured, no one really rushes forward to help him. Except kind senior shifu. They both get many wounds and finally kind senior shifu falls down but is caught by shidi. Kind senior shifu thinks they're both dying but shidi says something and the memory cuts off. The spirit in the lantern is that shidi. Coming back, MC is found by kind senior shifu who takes the lantern. (MC also saw shidi spirit and spoke to him. All that shidi ask about is about kind senior's shifu) Woman appears. Turns out she's the one behind the large demon invasion now because of her crazy love for shidi. Kind senior shifu thinks that by handing shidi to her, all will be resolved but is like HECK NO you think she'll be able to call back all those demons? Everyone's lives on the mountain is at risk! MC snatches the lantern and basically refuses to give it back. Kind senior shifu is like it's his fault for going between shidi and that woman. So some fighting occurs and MC finally reverts back but with the fox ears and face markings. Woman was collaborating with this other fox demon who has 4 tails (more tails = more power) so MC knows he can't win. He's holding the lantern containing shidi spirit and the seal so now everyone is after him. Wolf demon reappears in his original form and fights the fox demon. Turns out wolf demon is also some king's son and he wants the seal to maintain his father's power. Fox demon wants the seal to pull down the demon king. Fox demon wants to work with wolf demon but wolf demon refuses, saying it is suicide to go against the demon king. Fighting ensues (along the way woman also injures kind senior shifu).

Finally ML appears and MC is very happy :aww: Fox demon immediately recognises ML and tries to run away but ML shoots an arrow that obliterates him (RIP). MC gives ML the lantern and shidi spirit finally comes out. He immediately goes to kind senior shifu, looks at his injuries and ask who caused it. ML tells MC that the demonic energy might have corrupted shidi a bit (or something). Kind senior shifu is stunned and says is that woman and shidi immediately tries to kill her but is stopped by kind senior shifu. Everyone else is confused and MC slowly figures out (dang obvious to ME) that shidi never liked that woman. Shidi always wear this thing (ornament? Not sure. Some hair accessory) that everyone thought was given to him by the woman but the woman doesn't recognise it. When kind senior shifu asks shidi who gave it to him, seeing how he treats it like a treasure, shidi says it was him. Once on his birthday, he wanted to go down the mountain and play with kind senior shifu but was brushed aside so he took his money saying like this he could treat it as kind senior shifu treating him. Kind senior shifu didn't stop him so he went down and spent the money on that thing. :blob_teary::blob_teary:The woman goes crazy saying kind senior shifu stole everything from shidi but MC was like NO, during that battle shidi gave his half formed immortal core thing to kind senior shifu willingly to save his life. Woman kind of goes nuts and ML wanted to smite her but is stopped by MC who wanted to get his point across to her. Shidi reveals that his half formed core thing has always been with him in the lantern. Kind senior shifu, through his own training, formed his own core but maybe due to guilt or because no one believed him, had never spoken about it. Woman goes hysterical and kills herself. Kind senior shifu is shocked and bends to approach her body but is stopped by shidi who hugs him and acts pitiful like "shixiong think about what I've been through". MC averts his gaze thinking if he listens any longer, he is intruding on them. The first time MC witness MM but he takes it with stride. He kind of wants to bring ML away but notices ML looking at the couple with interest as it is (likely) also his first time seeing MM. MC goes "..." :cookie::blobpeek:

Mentioned before that wolf demon took a liking to kind senior, acting pitiful in front of him etc. During the fight with fox demon, he asks the woman where is the kind senior. She says that she locked him in the demon jail to protect him. Later ML says all the disciples were led down to safety by kind senior. At end of everything, MC asks ML where wolf demon goes and ML saying he went to find the bird and MC is like ??? So cue wolf demon who finds blood covered body of kind senior. He gets like sad and picks up the body but suddenly the eyes open and wolf demon backs away. Is some kind of bird demon who is actually the kind senior (?!?!) who then picks up the wolf demon :cookie::blobowoevil_horns:

This is the last chapter of the arc which is an extra on kind senior shifu and his shidi. Not sure where in the timeline is this but shidi is punished to not eat and drink (?) and kind senior shifu eventually gives in, brings food for him. He finds his shidi drunk. At that point he already formed half an immortal core so he set up a barrier despite being unconscious. Kind senior shifu intended to leave since he can't cross but somehow finds himself able to cross the barrier. Shidi wakes up, still drunk, and asks him if he would still save him if they could go back to that time. So long ago, when they were still young teens, shidi somehow got caught by some water demon and went down drowning. Only kind senior shifu immediately went down to save him, pulling him up despite struggling himself. Eventually a senior saved them in time. Remembering all this, kind senior shifu smiles and said he will still save him. :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

So this daoist sect has a history of one of their members successfully becoming an immortal. As newbies, they are told his story and MC gets a shock when he hears his name as it's the same name as his good friend, the 9th prince back from his home place. But MC thinks it's just a coincidence of same name since 9th prince is not good at anything while this is an immortal who ascended many years ago. (COINCIDENCE? I'm not sure). MC also meets this timid fellow who turns out to be a small bird demon who used to be the 9th prince's pet but escaped. TImid fellow asks MC if he is Liang Tian Shu (google translated the name) because he looked familiar. MC is indeed that Liang Tian Shu. He changed his name after he left home. Not sure if timid fellow will reappear or MC's friend. Also, wolf demon actually told MC that the demon's king name is Rong Bai and hints that maybe ML = demon king. MC immediately refutes the idea, saying he mentioned wanting to bring down the demon king yet ML doesn't immediately smite him and even agrees to bring him to the demon world. MC thinks to himself it is ML's misfortune to have the same name as the demon king lol

Okay I've rambled enough. Hope this isn't too confusing! :blobowoevil:Also the reason I don't give names to these characters is because I can't read their names :blobcheeky:

Emma401, Jadeite524, Kaylee and 12 others like this.
  13. periperi

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gona keep posting lest I forget stuff:
    So wolf demon is now out of the picture. ML tells MC he will take MC to the next demon gate. The demon gate appears once a month but the position changes so is hard to catch. I think arc 2 occurs in a very short time frame so they still have ample time. They travel towards that place. Along the way, MC gets really tired and thirsty but dares not say anything. They chance upon a resting stop and an ordinary girl asks if they would like to come in. ML does notice MC is tired so he allows them to go in. ML catches MC looking at the girl and ask what is he looking at. MC laments that in the past (MC is from a scholar family, quite high ranking it seems, seeing as how he is friends with the 9th prince) he had an arranged marriage with a similar girl. However, she fell in love with his cousin and begged their parents to break the engagement. Kind of a blow to MC. ML said he had a similar experience and MC is shocked like who would have the audacity to do that to ML. Turns out in ML's case, the girl was engaged to someone else and wanted to marry ML hence begging off the engagement. MC comments that their situations are NOTHING alike lol :blobrofl: Waitress girl mistakes them as a couple as ML keeps pouring the drink for MC but MC immediately refutes, saying ML is like his master (putting ML in a hierarchy above himself). So waitress girl asks where they are headed to and MC tell her. She advises against going there as there seems to be demon activity. One can enter the city but can't leave. MC immediately ask ML if they can detour around the city but ML says the next demon gate is in that city and MC immediately says they have to go there then. Waitress is confused and MC tells her he is looking for the demon gate. People only want to find the gate for two reasons: money or life. He is the latter. He says he needs to find the demon king and the waitress ask him is he is looking for life or his own death (lol I kind of like this waitress). Waitress then asks him if he knows much about the demon king. So what MC knows is that the demon king was kicked out of heaven, descended and got pushed up to the demon king position. Waitress informs him that demon king was from the tushan clan (that fox clan, based on what I read I think a number of them actually hold high positions in the celestial realm), their clan chooses leaders based on strength and not birthright. From birth, the demon king is a prodigy. The reason he was kicked out was that he killed some clan members. And as for how he became demon king, he killed across all the major demon cities and the rest, in fear of their lives, made him king. MC is super stunned and scared and quickly drags ML out to continue on their way.
    Along this journey, ML kind of questions MC on why he follows him (is it just because he took MC sword). MC quickly BS his way to compliment ML, making ML amused :cookie:So they reach the city and a person in the city tries to stop them from entering but of course they enter. It looks like a normal city, where no one is in hysterics. They chance upon an odd scene. Reading this part confused me but I think there's some tradition of a maiden throwing something out a window and whoever catches it below has to marry her. MC read such love stories before and is very interested in watching but something is odd. All the men outside look fearful and the one who caught the object starts crying that someone died as he is dragged aside. He ask around and turns out the strongest family in town has a little daughter who recently started acting weird and almost killing her own father. Everyone suspects she is possessed. A travelling daoist then tells them the only way to cure it is to use the energy (?) from marriage so the family forcible drags some men for this. It is a powerful family as the elder daughter is a favoured concubine. ML ask MC if he wants to look at the situation. Remembering the first arc how he missed the first demon gate due to interfering with some situation, MC says no :blobrofl: They go into an inn and finds the demon from the demon jail in arc 2 (bring me back my tears thinking they will never meet again). FYI, this is an old demon. So old demon is happy to see them and insist they go drinking. MC asks for ML's opinion and is surprised when ML agrees. All the while, ML keeps looking at MC :blobsmirk:. Old demon boasts that he can drink a lot hence ordering a lot of wine. In the end he drank a bit and got drunk haha. MC is speechless. While drunk, old demon mentions getting cheated. Turns out he was the wondering daoist who told the powerful family the young daughter needs to get married but in the end did not get paid. MC was like "you just dragged an innocent man into marrying her" because MC knows how this kind of family works. If it does go well and daughter is cured but she doesn't like the man, the family will not allow a divorce to save face but probably kill and silence him. Old demon cries that he didn't intend that and conks out. MC is half drunk and looks at ML who gives him a cup of wine saying he will only agree if MC drinks it. ML at this point has more or less figured out MC's personality. He knows MC wants to go investigate that powerful family. MC asks if they can go to that family and drinks the cup. ML agrees but only the next day. MC carries old demon on his back and they go look for a proper inn. ML offers help but MC is like "no I can't trouble you at all!" They get to an inn where MC argues with the inn staff as they do not even have enough money for 1 room. ML then brings out an ingot and they got the room. There's only one bed and MC (very drunk) says he doesn't want to sleep on the floor. ML asks him if he wants ML to sleep on the floor. MC says of course not, they can both sleep on the bed :blobmelt: ML agrees. THEN is speechless when MC dumps old demon on the bed saying the bed is big enough for all 3 of them :blobjoy: ML says no but MC is like "we are ALL FRIENDS". ML turns old demon into an inanimate object then MC goes "oh okay, just the 2 of us can sleep on the bed". He then sulks because he has yet to wash his feet but his head is too giddy to get the water. ML remembers how MC values his cleanliness and conjures up the bowl of hot water for him. MC keeps saying ML is a good man. Curious, ML asks MC what he will do if the demon king is a good man like how MC says ML is. MC then says he will of course not kill the demon king if that's the case. Actually, it is more likely he will beg the demon king to take back his blood that MC consumed. ML asks somewhere along the line of being friends and MC says that he even though he wants to turn back into a human, he can still be friends with demons. Afterall, aren't he and ML friends (he thinks ML is like an immortal) and he is also good friends with the old demon. MC says that his dream is for ML to defeat the demon king, bring peace to the world and be turned back to a human. ML thinks it is foolish yet somewhat cute :cookie: ML says he cannot be turned back into a human because the demon king blood is already integrated into his bone marrow (I think) so it is impossible. Even if it were possible, ML says he won't allow it because after all these years alone, he finally found someone to accompany him. MC (still drunk) says that he will be with ML because he, too, is lonely. ML is stunned as MC finishes washing up and burrows under the covers. The chapter ends with MC crying and ML (once again stunned) asks what is wrong. MC says he misses his parents, the 9th prince and even his cousin :blob_teary:

Emma401, Jadeite524, Kaylee and 13 others like this.
  14. periperi

Reading List:
    Link
    I might as well do this chapter by chapter:
    MC wakes up of course not remembering how he got there. Turns out he occupied most of the bed, pushing ML to one corner. :blobjoy: He sees ML waking up and is really tensed, asking ML how he slept. ML says that because MC warmed the bed for him, it was okay (innocent MC doesn't hear what's wrong with the sentence) just that the bed is too small. MC asks if they should find an inn with a bigger bed next time and ML comments that his own bed is especially big. MC goes: "oh then one day let me go try and sleep there" because pausing because there seems to be something wrong with that sentence :cookie:Finally he asks what happened to old demon and ML changes the mirror (inanimate object I mentioned) back to old demon who's still sleeping. They wake him up and tells him they plan to go to the powerful family house too. MC goes out to wash up leaving ML and old demon. ML then cryptically tells old demon somewhere along the lines of "a god is easy to call but hard to bring away" that unnerves old demon who later finds an excuse to leave ahead of them. So regarding old powerful family, the current head was a nice lad when he was young who had many female admirers but he never had any sordid affairs. Unfortunately he was kidnapped once and the family spent a lot of effort to get him back. When he returned, he changed so much that he changed his name. He went from a likeable lad to a unlikeable sort of tyrant? They reach the place and is welcomed warmly as the old demon's friends (old demon posing as a daoist here). They go to find the young miss (who, before this incident, is actually the only person liked in the family by the outside people) but she had shut herself in. The family head then goes to call her long time servant who should know the situation better. As they are leaving, old demon stops MC. Sensing he has something to tell him, MC tells ML to leave first. Old demon starts babbling about something he summoned? Called? And begging MC to help. MC (and I) goes ??? He is suddenly entrusted with a mirror and told to watch carefully. MC is confused (so am I) and there's nothing in the mirror. Just as he's about to question this, he suddenly sees himself in the mirror. Dressed in pretty clothes and somehow looking seductive yet still with a man's aura. He is looking at someone and MC realises who it is. He sees mirror MC looking at mirror ML then approaching and kissing (!!!!!) MC is super stunned. He knocks the mirror telling them to cut it out (haha) and how if that happens how his work on getting to ML's good grace will be wasted yet all these while he cannot take his eyes off the image.

MC doesn't realise that he's more afraid that ML will think it's disgusting than anything else :blobsmirk: but they eventually stop kissing and mirror ML doesn't look at mirror MC with disgust or anything. Just as MC is thinking WTF is happening, everything turns white and he returns. Old demon anxiously asks him what he saw. With his face red, of course MC refuses to say and questions old demon why he wants to know. Old demon is super anxious and MC, can't take it anymore, blurts out that he saw old demon kissing ML and taunts him saying he didn't think old demon had that kind of thoughts :blobjoy: Old demon is stunned but begs MC to not joke around and just tell him as it's very important. Finally MC says he saw a room etc but stops short of saying what happened (face red) and says he didn't see clearly and needs to see again. Old demon begs him to not fool around if not he will knock his own head and just die there and let's MC use the mirror again. This time, MC sees a figure dressed in red (I'm assuming like Chinese wedding style). As he admires the clothing and wonders what kind of beautiful person it is, the image pan up and he sees it's himself?! Dressed in a female style. The vision ends there and he tells old demon. Old demon's spirit goes down, saying something about being unable to prevent it from happening. MC is confused and asked for an explanation. Old demon asks if he knows about __ (I can't read :blob_teary:). MC says no and old demon tells him to find out about __ and there's nothing else for him to say and leaves. MC can't stop him as old demon looked really really down. So MC leaves to find ML and is delighted to find ML had been waiting for him. He thinks that whatever he saw is fake so there's nothing to worry about as there's no way he will do anything like that. They go find the family head with the servant. The servant says that 10 days ago, the young miss and her went out to play. Their last stop was a bookstore where young miss saw a fan (I think), her expression turned ugly and they went home. Thereafter, the young miss locked herself in her room. They tried finding the fan but someone else must have bought it. MC and ML agrees that they should go take a look at the bookshop.

15. AnotherOne

AnotherOne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the summaries!
    I think it would be better to do it chapter by chapter

16. periperi

Reading List:
    Link
    MC slept for 3 days and finally wakes up in an inn with ML watching over him. ML says he’ll prepare food for MC and leaves. Then cupid girl comes in through the window. Cupid girl finds out that MC and ML are there for the demon gate and want to find the demon king. She also wants to find the demon king to break some red string (?) of hers and asks to come along. ML returns. (I’m not sure if cupid girl likes ML or what as the text describe her looking at ML with sparkling eyes) MC asks ML’s opinion, ready to reject her if ML says no. ML, thinking that they just got rid of one wolf demon and another one pops up, surprisingly agrees. They then leave the room to go eat the food ML prepared (leaving cupid girl behind. She just leaves through the window). As it’s the first time ML tried taking care of someone else, he just got the kitchen to prepare a lot of hearty food like ginseng. And not wanting to waste ML’s efforts, MC eats a lot. They then go for a walk to help MC digest the food. In the streets, MC hears news of the current head’s wife dying. I think it was suicide? And they were saying she deserved it. Highly likely, she was the one behind the entertainment building catching fire and causing the death of the entertainer. Current head also kept saying he broke the promise and went to be a monk at a secluded place. MC questions what was the promise since current head did pay for entertainer’s freedom and apparently it was also to ensure entertainer lived well (he so broke that promise to his brother). They accidentally pass a brothel and a lot of women accost them. In front of them, MC gets a nose bleed (HAHAHA) so they return to the inn to rest. Turns out it’s because MC ate too much heaty food that caused the nosebleed. ML jokes that once MC cooled down from seeing those women, his nosebleed will stop. MC retorts that he doesn’t feel excited at all when seeing them and that even if it had been a bunch of dogs, his nose would still bleed due to the heaty food. MC sleeps and wakes up at night when the demon gate is opening.

I hope I can hold on till the end >.<