Discussion [BL]Friends with Benefits

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by SummerX, Sep 5, 2017.

?

Who do you like the most in FWB?(Choose up to two because of ships...?)

1. Ou Jiang Jun

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Lin Ye

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Chu Yuan Jiang

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. DaBiao

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. I hate all of them

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  6. I hate BL

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  7. I hate seme protag BLs

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. I am just going to buy some soysauce

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the only review was removed :blobfearful::blobfearful:
    and Tony said it's more a comment that should belong to a latest chapter discussion :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
    and I am a desperate tler who wants to see comments :cookie::cookie:
    and the novels is really short and we are almost at the end of the vol 1 :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    I will just start a thread myself :facepalm::facepalm:

Some infos about this novel:

• This is danmei, BL, yaoi. The MC is male and he fucks men(and women). If you hate BL please leave as quickly as possible(and plz, no instant 1 stars:facepalm::facepalm:)
    • It is written by an author who only does seme-centered novels. Among Chinese fujoshis there is a term 攻控(seme-con) which means strong preference of the seme over uke and seme-con novels will focus or even show strong bias towards the seme. Some of them will have harems. (note that FWB does not have a harem)
    • I am 32/35 done with vol 1 atm, and vol 2 is only half the length of vol 1(17 chapters), so it will be finished soon(hopefully)!
    • It is not exactly a happy ending, or a bad ending. It depends on who you like and dislike in the story and your own judgement of who deserves what. Some people label it HE, and some not; for me it's a sad ending, but I don't want to tag it as such because of, well, controversies.
    Okay here is the link(I post it on Snow's site):
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/friends-with-benefits/
    My wattpad link, which will be updated at the same time:
    https://www.wattpad.com/story/118926500-friends-with-benefits

Spoilers should be in the buttons.

Just for fun, let's have a vote about your fav character in FWB too.

Also, I am looking for editors. If you are interested, please contact my mistress @SnowTime :blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

LaDyViL, alexfilia and pocketbear like this.
  2. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm a simple man......when i see BL i rate 1.....:blobowoevil_horns:

Varno likes this.
  3. Cohran

Cohran [Androphobic] [Humble Baker™]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's on my list but I haven't read it yet >.<

4. Lisstr

Lisstr Fujoshi ☆ Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't seen this novel before. Might start reading it(y) yaoi:X3:

5. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    Please..............
    :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:
    Don't hit me too hard

Srsly though, I think if people want to do that at least they should leave a review saying they give instant 1 star because yaoi/harem/gender bender/ntr......

6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i was joking.....i don't read and vote BL.....just the temptation to tease you was too strong....:blobsalt:

7. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    pokes @LaDyViL and @Shem :blobpeek:

i'm not really a fan of this novel (since i strongly dislike everyone >.>) so i'm going to sit and watch with popcorn :blobpopcorn:

8. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwoah::blobwoah:O...okay:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
    This blob can be teased

9. Lisstr

Lisstr Fujoshi ☆ Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Or just don't rate at all... Since they haven't even read it. It can make me misunderstand that the novel isn't good when they have bad rating. When they are in fact awesome :cry:

10. Yaoikun

Yaoikun The other Red Siblings | Cursed Black Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    DaBiao

11. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I voted for him too LOL

12. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lonelytree, alexfilia and KuroYousei like this.
  13. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I have completed the first translation project in my life!!! I am so happy!!!

XD likes this.
  14. LadyBlue

LadyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always felt like Lin Ye was my favorite but after the ending, my feelings for Chu have grown stronger. Because of the way the story is written at times it feels hard to love the characters. I never shipped Ou and Chu but your comments on the last chapter made me do some thinking. Now I feel like Ou was in love with Chu all along... even though I love Lin Ye so much... damn you! I'm planning to do a re-read once more because I'm still confused about the last chapters. Do you plan on translating more of the author's works?

15. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I have too many other projects at the moment and to be honest, I don't like any of her other works that much...there is a historical one that's pretty good, but it didn't grow in me like FWB. So no, it's unlikely I will translate more of her works. Unless I can magically finish all of my current projects in a year or two...

I have read FWB like 20 times and my understanding of the characters have changed a lot. I never thought about Ou and Chu's relationship as anything else than friendship until I have read some discussions....but my ship is always Ou&Lin! But recently I still love Lin Ye but I have gradually got tired of Ou :p
    Translating it have also forced me to look at the story in a new perspective. I feel the ending might be a bit too rushed.

16. Rei789

Rei789 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry vote Chu and Ou that ending just sucked for me like I died a bit when reading that they obviously had chemistry yet not once did the cross the line but, obviously they were kind of scared to jump out of their box. I do think they loved each other and that ending even if I did ship someone else just sucked no matter how you look at it that was just so complex. In my humble opinion Chu was the main wife and the rest were mistresses who were just around obviously with respects to him dying it just proves it more he is not a very one person seme anyway but, when he is alone he always spends time with Chu's urn and no matter how you look at it both of them would go to the ends of earth together I mean he even contemplated suicide. It was crazy and they had no courage but, they will always be my ship no matter what.

17. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    No need to be sorry :blob_sunglasses: All characters deserve our love! Sorry about the ending *hugs* Yes it's sad in so many ways:blobcry: Ou loved Chu and Lin differently.

18. Rei789

Rei789 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know in some ways I hated him for it because you do realize that even though I say I felt like Chu was the wife and Lin was the mistress it was never made clear that was just like an entirely new can of worms to open up. I mean after Chu died he didn't then go to lin he still paired and had a harem of girls actual girls so basically we never get a resolved ending it has so many loose points do you know about a fan fiction based on Friends with benefits or at least an angst novel like it.

19. SummerX

Reading List:
    Link
    I once wrote one hardcore DaBiao x LinYe fanfic :facepalm::facepalm: but I don't think it's what you're looking for...I don't know any other fanfics. It's not a widely popular novel.
    I think Ou didn't just be with Lin in the end partially because Chu's death made him realize his feelings for Chu, therefore hard to accept Lin, because Lin also hurt Chu. On the other hand, he hurt Lin and Lin couldn't get over it. Lin being married and in a different country was also a very practical reason. Lin would/could not give up everything for Ou.

20. Rei789

Rei789 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I get that because, no matter how you look at it they didn't have a healthy relationship and I didn't think he would just settle down after Chu because, no matter how you look at it he isn't that type of person but, I think somewhere in me I was hoping he would at least pick one route that ending was basically three different routes oh and I wouldn't want Lin to give up any/everything for him at all because, from his point of view he was basically played with. So, I get that them settling down was not plausible but, the first one is him going to his life with his harem that was one route, the next was him not settling down but, getting back together with Lin, the next was him just wallowing with Chu's ashes becoming a hermit basically. To me he didn't pick any of those it was like three roads that at some points he drove down one turned back drown down went through another one and did the same thing for the other road. To me he just didn't pick one and for a Chu fan like me that was even worse that him choosing one other than Chu because, it's like he only remembers him at moments. I hate even more that they didn't cross the line even more though because, that was worse than him being an afterthought. We know he loved him the fact that he was contemplating suicide proved it but, that was kind of hard to swallow.