Recommendations [BL] Help Me, I am confused by this logic

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Syin, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suddenly it occurred to me, could there possibly be a novel where Scum Shou turned obedient and served like a dog after he abused his Gong and the Gong became hated against Uke and left him !?

I always think, why are most MCs UKE? and why Seme is always the first to fall in love and even possessive and yandere. It doesn't matter if this concept is only a few, but this is almost in all novels! Especially CN, why ?! I mean, hey ... Seme is also a character who needs a fair life! At least let him feel being chased by someone> _ <

You know, I like novels where the characters are diverse and conservative. Although I prefer seme that is moderate and has the upper hand in its partnership. I mean come on, most of the uke's body are kidlike, weak and pale. While you see how Seme is described as the perfect ML? His body became the target of womens and dream of mens! At least such a creature has the right to be dominant and noble, why does he have to humble himself only for an Uke who has absolutely no athletic body ?!

Even if it's a straight novel at least FL has an ideal body for women and is the target of ML! So why does Seme who has an ideal body for men not be chased by Uke?

Maybe novel like Tattoo , The Script Is Not Like This! and I Was Reincarnated can be a good example.

lazykitty_99 likes this.
  2. Seraphaem

Seraphaem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a point.

Personally, I think it might be catered a lot to opposites attract. The shou is smaller and weaker (not necessarily soft with no abs or anything) to induce a protective feeling in the gong.

Kind of like where the female lead is in need of the male lead's protection. Even when the female lead is strong in her own right, there is usually something that requires the male lead to help her with, either a difficult situation or emotionally, which brings out his protective feelings.

I rather like Heroine Saves a Gentleman because the female lead is stronger, so without the usual dynamics of the male lead being strong and in charge, you get more of the emotional aspects that occur with different social status and outside pressure.

Transmigrated Into a Boss to Snatch Away the Cannon Fodder is a nice one where the shou is considered perfect in all aspects and chases his gong. Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil is also a good one, though MC can be seen as physically smaller (most of the time), he is in no way weak.

Rebirth of a Cannon Fodder from a Novel is an example of the shou deliberately using his weak looks to entice the gong, bringing out protective feelings and using it to his advantage.

I don't mind the need to have the shou (or female lead) needing protection, as long as they can stand by their man (or woman) emotionally. Not the biggest fan of someone who relies on their partner for everything and can't think for themselves.

P.S. writing on a mobile so too difficult to add links for novels... Sorry

Deleted member 125960 and Nuinui like this.
  3. Joyceusero

Joyceusero Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't try very happy, later he became a royal healer, God Level Summoner, glory which is one of the few exceptions to your description. And one of the best out there .

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect that the main reason is because most BL is written by women for women, so we, the readers, most easily identify with the "female" or bottom character. Of course, not all BL is written by women, and of course, not all women BL writers write from the viewpoint of the uke/shou, but writers are supposed to "write what you know" and what writers know is the "female" viewpoint. When I write my BL fanfiction, I myself am a little more likely to write from the POV of my bottom character, but I do also write stories from the viewpoint of the top character, as well switching viewpoints, and I do write stories where the characters are reversible. But that doesn't seem to happen as often in translated novels, whether it's a cultural difference, or whether it's because we're simply not seeing those novels, I don't know.

Might I recommend to you "Stone Age Husband Raising Journal"? There, both the top and bottom have a lot of time dedicated to their own viewpoint, and both are strong people.

RikuMania, Seraphaem and lazykitty_99 like this.
  5. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well "Agreement of Being Gay for 30 Days" (shou fell in love first and went to confess but gong already made a gf at that time, well ml was trying to negate his thoughts on mc later got abused as mc went abroad for years) . Both mc & ml has hot bodies .

Transmigrated into big boss to snatch cannon fodder (at first mc/shou was pursuing ml later ml pursued mc , mc is ceo and ml is struggling actor funded by mc . Mc isn't feminine rather an indifferent one )

Golden stage .
    Stone age husband journal ( i liked it so much that i have reread whenever i don't get any good one to read. I just love how shou is mature in feelings and how both mc & ml understand what it means to be married unlike other novels where "marriage" is just a word. )

I agree with you why shou has that femine bodies . I kinda hate that thing myself . Plus with author description of shou femine body after every few lines. I laughed at your line of atleast in bg fls have female bodies .
    Once i mtl a novel ,at first i thought shou is capable then author destroyed his character by making him more feminine and incapable even using same adjectives to describe his feminine body in every chapter . I felt a novel that ended in 80 chapters could have taken less than 50 if author didn't described shou and gong bodies in every para using same adjectives.

6. Ling1578

Ling1578 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about one where the shou is literally a dog? It's called "The Seeing Eye Dog."
    Instead of the usual MC is weak and needs help to climb up. This time it's the ML who's in a horrible situation with bad parents and disability. The shou before being a dog was in a very good position. There's also no ambiguous love for your pet. It's a very nice familial love except for the MC who used to be human. He feels a bit more than familial love, but the ML just thinks it's a good dog.

SayMrrp and Nuinui like this.
  7. Rilise

Rilise Aestivating

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villain has Something to Say. The MC is the one pursuing the ML (his master). MC's described as beautiful (even have folk song about it) but he's the strongest among the sect's disciples.

A manhua with similar plot to this, The tale of the Dragon Morph (Hualongji) is quite good too.

8. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can think of several with scum shou who are hated by the ML, but none where the ML leaves him in the end. usually, the scum shou is taken over by another person and they eventually win over the ML. or they go back and fix what they broke, like Scum Shou Survival Guide.
    there are several novels being translated now with seme/ gong MC but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. most of them have 'Seme Protagonist' in the tags. I don't think any of the ones where the couple are reversible are being translated at the moment but they do exist (and are the most true-to-life).
    I personally prefer the stories where there are equal partners rather than one partner infantilizing the other and acting like a combination of dad and lover. I don't understand the desire to be pampered and treated like a child while letting someone else control your life but apparently most people here seem to enjoy it, or at least they enjoy reading about it.

lazykitty_99 and Anra7777 like this.
  9. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh the dog is the seme/gong.the shou is the blind mc

Ling1578 likes this.
  10. Ling1578

Ling1578 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, really? Ugh, sorry. I think I mixed it up then. My bad. I don't know ones that perfectly fit your description of shou chasing the gong, but there are a few where they have more of an equal relationship so to say. "Card Room" and "The Earth is Online"

I can kind of see what you mean by the lack of shou chasing gong. I can't really think of any. Sorry about the earlier confusion.

SayMrrp likes this.
  11. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are absolutely right. It was very strange when many novel descriptions depicted the pretty man but the author did not describe his characters as ladyboy.

I think ML who likes UKE (visually weak) is no different from a pedophile or brocon. I haven't read Transmigrated Into a Boss to Snatch Away the Cannon Fodder, thank you for recommending it.

12. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds good, thank you.

13. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also thought about it. But however I read BL in the hope of a romantic and sexual relationship between men. References that must be used in reading are male mindset and psychology. I think if writers write BL with the nature of MC feminine, then they conceptly fail.

I never thought about my position in the story because I thought this was BL, so I prefer to describe myself as a supervisor. If I imagine as Uke then it makes no difference for me to read the straight novel.

thanks. I have read the Stone Age Cultivation Journal. So cute when the young one (Gong) tries to care for Uke (who is not weak).

Anra7777 likes this.
  14. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation.

Yeah, sometimes I feel reading a sissy mind than a gay man. I hope my comments are read by future writers or writer. ha ha ha ha ...

15. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read it but I've seen it have the Seme Protagonist tag.

16. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thanks you. That sounds interesting

17. Rilise

Rilise Aestivating

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    That delicious bod, dayum:blobnosebleed:

18. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too bad. I sympathize with the whole Seme in all novels. Too bad they all haven't got the equality of characters in BL. Hahh ... sad. If only there was a novel that had one Seme with his harem, I guess that still hasn't even erased the writers' cruelty towards Semes.

19. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thanks you, yeah ... it's look very delicious.

20. KimiKazoo

KimiKazoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like what most others say...its because most BL stories are written by females. They identify with the bottom counterpart and the perspective of the MC is almost like the perspective of a female lead in a romance story with exception to the gender.

As for the body type of the MC, I think it has a lot to do with the mainstream media which always portrays the uke as typically smaller, softer, fairer, girlier, etc. It's hard to say whether semes in real life really prefer that kind of body. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. I don't think it's up to us to determine whether or not the ML is humbling themselves or not since we aren't in the position to judge (for me as a girl). There are girls who also don't prefer an athletic type of boyfriend. To each their own.

Also, there are definitely a lot of seme MCs, I just don't think they are typically as popular as the uke MCs and don't get translated as often. I don't gravitate towards them, but there are plenty of raws available.

Stories with kinda-strong uke MCs (mentally or physically) and a more even love relationship includes:
    The Earth is Online - Strong uke x strong seme who loved each other at the same time
    I'm Not Shouldering This Blame - strong uke x strong seme who kinda loved each other at the same time
    The Founder of Diabolism - strong uke x strong seme who loved each other at the same time
    Transmigrating into a Mob Character to Rehabilitate the Villain Plan - emotionally strong/kind uke x physically strong/emotionally unstable seme
    Death Progress Bar - physically/emotionally strong uke x strong/sick seme
    One Useless Rebirth - talented uke x talented seme who are meant for each other
    Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating - talented uke x talented seme + misunderstandings
    PUBG Online Romance of the Century - talented uke x rich seme
    Assistant Architect - talented but young uke x talented seme (uke goes through a lot of character development to eventually match seme who is older)
    Seizing Dreams - a very complex story that describes uke and seme's growth
    God Level Summoner - talented uke x talented seme
    Surprise! The Supposed Talent Show Was Actually–?! - growing uke x strong seme
    The Daily Life of Being the Campus Idol’s Fake Boyfriend - campus idol uke x campus idol seme
    Master of Trading Star Card Game - talented uke x talented seme
    Qizi - strong uke x strong seme + tears/angst
    Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil - strong/pretty uke x strong/handsome seme

Syin and Anra7777 like this.