Recommendations [BL] Help Me, I am confused by this logic

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Syin, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right there is nothing wrong in that perception. But maybe because I'm a newbie fujoshi, I just find it weird to include feminism in a man's thoughts (regardless of whether that shou or gong).

In my imagination, most of the Uke are always oriented towards feminine views and make me sometimes think whether I'm reading a sissy mind or gender bender. However transgender and gay is different.

I respect all novels, I know the writers put a lot of energy and time into making a work. But still, making an element of feminism conceptually does not apply in the BL world because this is the world of male romance, yeah maybe that can exclude Omegaverse and Mpreg . I hope the writers consider writing a work with the psychology of gays I think.

I personally prefer manly male than cute men. It's quite funny if when someone becomes inferiority when her boyfriend is much more beautiful and cute.

ohh Thank you very much for the recommendations. This is very helpful.

If you don't mind, do you know the BL writers who is a male? Maybe they have a different novel perception.

2. KimiKazoo

KimiKazoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a little hard considering that Chinese authors like using nicknames, but here are a few.
    公子于歌 Gong Zi Yu Ge - He wrote https://www.novelupdates.com/series/your-rival-in-love-gets-prettier-every-day/. I've read a few of his novels, including this one, and they are generally pretty good.
    Here are his other works http://www.jjwxc.net/oneauthor.php?authorid=1758575

I never read these two author's novels so I can't vouch for the quality.
    吴沉水 - He wrote 小丑的脸 and 着魔 (you can read on sto.cx or google for text versions if you want to MTL)
    梁阿渣 - His weibo is https://www.weibo.com/liangazha?is_all=1. He wrote 陈滩旧梦 and 折光.

3. Syin

Syin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I list that.

4. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you recommend some that aren't translated but good ones as you said .

5. Mario994

Mario994 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. GregLikesBooks

GregLikesBooks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different people like different things.
    Some semes like smaller, softer, fairer etc...
    Some like hairy guys or older guys or bigger (either muscular or fat/chubby).
    It really depends on what that person likes.

Personally I do like a cute guy to be anywhere from my size to smaller, fairer, good skin, etc..but not really 'girlie'. (Just to clarify..I am a guy....and I guess in those terms I'm a 'Top' which unless I'm completely misremembering is the 'Seme')

I do think that most of them are written that way because of what was said earlier, that those are the ones that the women who write BL identify with. And there isn't anything wrong with that, if people don't like they don't have to read it.

.Lance likes this.
  7. azha_

azha_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was browsing through the forums when I saw this thread. And I completely agree with what the previous posters had mentioned about this topic.

Another thing to consider is Chinese culture. One of the reasons why a lot of CN's (BL and BG) portray the bottom/female as weaker is just because of culture and society. With the idea of Yin and Yang and Confucianism dictating social and societal structures in Asia/China for a very long time, people begin to naturally accept their positions in the social hierarchy (women being under their father and husband). Of course, the entire world was mainly patriarchal, but it was just particularly severe in China. It's much better now, but girls in China are generally expected to behave in a certain manner and look a certain way. And with women creating the majority of BL works, they bring that mindset into their characters aka the shou. Especially with how vastly different American culture is, a lot of us find it a little bit weird when a lot of the CN's we read have that kind of mold for the MC.

Lmao I think I rambled off topic.

.Lance and Anra7777 like this.
  8. Shorng

Shorng Rotten BL Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Either of it is good, but personally I low-key like gong chasing shou because most of story I ever read with shou chasing is kinda miserable and I hate those type of toxic relationship that need tolerance from shou alot. The gong always has more power than shou and it feels like shou got bullied emotionally everytime.