Spoiler [BL] How to Court a Villain

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ludagad, Oct 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis:

Question: How to approach the target character?
    [Tiger tribe] Jiang Yu (excited): "Treat him and feed him medicine!"
    [Future mech age] Duan Jing Zhe (blank): "......Feed him expired nutritients?"
    [Ancient times court] Dong Hao Yang (joking): "Of course it's to take him as a disciple and casually molest him."
    The unfortunate male lead: "......"

------------------

This is not fast wear. It's a collection of three fast-wear style stories with three different protagonists and male leads. All the stories are interesting and sweet, but my personal favorite is the third one, hehe. All the protags are shou.

The first story has the MC die and wake up in a beastkin society. I kinda forgot what he used to be in his past life. This story is the weakest, but still interesting to read. The MC here is a female variant of the beastkin. They have some very strange gender dynamics there, so anyway. The ML is a white tiger cub that was very weak and bullied by almost everyone. He was going to grow up as a villain and kill a lot of beaskin tribes and set back their cultural advancement. The MC was sent by the beastkin god to prevent this.

The body MC occupied was also a huge bully, so the ML already hated him/her. Also, he's a 5 year-old, while the ML is 7 at the start. The ML's mother was killed by a snake woman who ran from her tribe and settled in theirs. She was already pregnant, and to get protection, decided to steal ML's father for herself. Because of the poison she used on ML's mother, ML was born weak, and weakness is dispised in the beaskin tribes. So the poor boy was bullied a lot. MC decided to help him cure his body and get stronger. Time passes, ML recovers and falls in love with MC. MC also discovers he's in love with ML. The snake woman's crimes get revealed, beastkin god punishes whoever needs punishment. ML and MC get married, the end. I skipped a lot, but you'll have an incentive to read, lol.

The second story is a bit better. MC is a poor autistic college age boy, who's a genius in mech engineering. Orginally, MC was a researcher with pretty much the same specs. He meets the injured ML and helps him out since he's prompted by the 'system' that brought him to this world. He's only interested in mechs tho. ML is a very violent pirate who stole a weapon from the federation and destroyed an uninhabited planet out of boredom. When MC saw this, he decided to make sure ML is not bored, and let him read some mech engineering books, lol. ML is a tsundere who pretty much bestows his love on MC as if it's God's gift, but MC seems to like him too for some reason. It's kinda cute. Although MC has a hard time remembering faces and took 30 minutes to remember ML after they met again (ML had to go back and deal with his enemies, while MC went to university). Stuff happens, ML marries the MC three times, practically showing off wherever people will look at them...this wife slave.

The third story is my fave ^_^. MC is a very seductive teacher, ML's brother from the second story. He died in an accident while he traveled around in space. He woke up as the grandson of a prominent minister (or tutor? didn't really pay attention) who's very valued by the emperor. MC was assigned as the study partner of one of the princes, and uses his chance to break into the cold palace where our ML is. ML is 8 an MC is 12 at the time. ML was abandoned there and lived like a little wolf-child. ML kinda bullied him into shape, taught him martial arts, so ML could suppress the servants around him. MC fed him and taught him everything ML needed to become a recognized prince. ML was very reluctant at first, but gradually grew up and understood MC's good intentions. ML also grew a very possessive heart for the MC, but other than one case (when he was already 20 btw) where he pud sleeping medicine in MC's wine and kissed him all over, he didn't do anything to force MC. He always takes a lower position in front of the MC. And that kissing thing was after they were separated for 4 years and ML was half-insane missing and desiring MC. Anyway, stuff happens, ML gets established as crown prince, then even becomes emperor. He makes his intentions known the morning after the kissing thing - he was kneeling in front of the bed and begging for forgiveness. MC eventually realized ML's not a kid anymore and he was feeling awkward around him anyway, so he reciprocated (after a small revenge where he fed the ML numbing medicine so he couldn't move and molested him, then left him hot and dry. ML was happy he got his feelings returned, so he just lied there smiling). They defeat their enemies, ML gets injured and MC stays by his side. The old emperor finds ML kissing MC's lips while he's sleeping and orders MC to be married to a princess the next day. MC was guarded all the way to the wedding, but when he sees the bride's body, he relaxes and gets married with a grin. Apparently, ML cross-dressed and became MC's bride lol. MC's mom and grandma reeled at the discovery. The old emperor couldn't do much about it afterwards. Happy end. Go read it, there's so much stuff that's worth the details.

There's no smut, regretfully, but the romance is pretty good and there are enough kisses and heated gazes to go around. I'm not sure whether someone posted about this novel before. If it exists, please let me know.

EDIT: Forgot the link! :facepalm: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2601491 (http://www.danmeila.com/chongsheng/16741.html)
    Here's the title in Chinese: 如何与反派谈恋爱

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Izn, Kaylee, alexfilia and 8 others like this.
  2. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it this one: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/how-to-fall-in-love-with-the-villain/ ?
    Edit: spoiler link - https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/how-to-fall-in-love-with-the-villain-bl.59826/

Poor_Hero and ludagad like this.
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s already a thread for this... somewhere

ludagad likes this.
  4. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow...it's even being translated and I have it in my list and I went through the headache to MTL it all. It has 40 chapters out already!!! :blob_coughblood::blobdead: I'm speechless man.:facepalm: *crawls into a hole and splats*

soie_yoie, KazeYuki and Poor_Hero like this.
  5. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhen_Qing, Poor_Hero and kiara8 like this.
  6. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your MTL effort~!!! Great spoilers! :blobmelt:

7. midnight reader

midnight reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the third story. Tho the explanation at the begining is confusing.

9. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. And i was getting so excited!!!

Then i was like.... Hmmm this sounds familiar... Funny how you didnt care much for the first story. I actually like that one the most. Lol its simple. Im simple. Lol it was ment to be. Lol

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @soie_yoie
    Beastkin never attracts me LOL Somehow it's abit ....difficult to imagine non human feeling coz I will alw portray them inside my head in human form.

(I'm praying no underage love/sex for the 3rd story XD )

soie_yoie likes this.
  11. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol funny you say that. Cuz after i read a manga or watch a long movie. Somes i'll replace novel characters with the ones i just visualized. Not always but sometimes.

The beastkins are just like werewolves. When they are human, They look human. When they are animals, they are animals. If you think of it like that or how vampires become bats?

Maybe read some manga that have that as visuals?

Lol but if overall you just hate beastkins, then thats fine too. I enjoy it cuz its different.

I still hate band/music types stories. Idk. I love music, i play instruments. But i just cant get into music type novels.

12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my mind, I like to visualize the characters whenever I read and like a story, it makes me feel .....deeper into the characterization I guess, and sometimes it's to imagine what kind of gesture/pose/action the characters do (coz soemtimes translation and the way words are being structure are hard to understand), So when the character has different form (non human), I get confuse to visualize and understand them.

Dont worry. I like read manga more than novel. :)
    And I did read non human novel/manga tho. It just those were not too memorable.
    Probably the most memorable of non human as of now would be that tensei shittara Slime novel (and manga) LOL Damn! I love that novel!

soie_yoie likes this.