Spoiler (BL) It’s Not Easy Being a Master

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kirameki, Jan 13, 2020.

1. kirameki

kirameki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: It’s Not Easy Being a Master
    Raw Link:
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=4113354
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/its-not-easy-being-a-master/
    Description:

Shen Zhixian transmigrated into a book as a cannon fodder master who hatefully severed his apprentice’s spiritual root. This apprentice fell into the devil’s path and returned to make mincemeat out of him

Shen Zhixian just happened to transmigrate into the last moment of the master’s captivity, and then he was reborn again.

After rebirth, Shen Zhixian devoted himself to fostering and supporting his apprentice, only to discover later that his apprentice was also reborn.

Even worse, the apprentice still retained the memory of his life before rebirth.

Shen Zhixian: …Disturbed.

Afterward, Shen Zhixian realized one truth: Being a master can become a high-risk occupation. Not trivial at all!

----------------------------

Spoilers please! Any type of spoiler on what goes in the series would be nice. I'm curious on what happens between MC and ML.

renieRabbit, Ease, alexfilia and 5 others like this.
  2. Xixiryn

Xixiryn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xixi (the translator) here.

Hehe. I love spoilers. So, when the ML transmigrated, I think it was right after his master severed his spirit root. At first, he only remembered this but no more. Later, he’ll remember everything. Turns out, they have a history. Major spoiler below. Bewarn.

The short of it was that the MC is actually the real Shen Zhixian, who went out in training under a disguise and ended up saving the ML when he was younger and gave him that little jade that was so precious to him. But, in saving him, Shen Zhixian was seriously injured (the heart injury). Because this occurred when they were in the wasteland with tons of demons and devils, a little devil entered his heart and basically took over. In Chapter 1, that’s why the devil laughed and said that he’ll regret killing him. Later, ML found out the truth and tried to revive the MC. He found a grass that has the power to revive people and turn back time. He was able to revive the MC but the MC was too weak so he was sent to Earth. And this is where the story began and why they were both reborn to that point in time (but without all the extra memory, which will come later). As I mentioned, the ML wasn’t completely blackened at rebirth so he only tried to kill the MC once that I remembered. But the MC soon won him over and his disciple went from being murderous to devoted with a side of obsession.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Kaylee, Peachiii, komo komo and 32 others like this.
  3. kirameki

kirameki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, that's quite the complicated relationship. Thanks for the spoiler. Honestly, wasn't expecting to see the translator here. :blobfearful:Anyway, many thanks to Xixi-sama for both the translation and spoilers. :blobnom: Hope there's more spoilers coming up. If not, then that's fine too.

4. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O this mist be a common theme. Master tries to harm apprentice, but apprentice is reborn.

Still interesting though. Thanks for the spoilers. Ill definitely add it to my read list.

Love the plot twist. Seem unique, but i think "the villain is too beautiful" does something similar too.

Heungbo likes this.
  5. Xixiryn

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm...well, if I remembered correctly, it took a couple years for the ML to actually forgive the MC and a particular incident just clinches it. My memory is a little foggy but this incident involves some kind of trick the ML created to lock MC in some kind of transportation array so the ML could leave the sect. But, the MC grabbed him and they both got transported. They got attacked by a monstrous snake and the MC ended up risking his life to save the ML. Afterward, the MC kind-of pushed the ML into leaving anyway because, in one of his journeys in the book, the ML ended up discovering a special fish scale inside one of those secret realms that pop up every few thousand years or so. This fish scale could repair the MC's heart injury. The MC wanted to go out and find this fish scale himself. He disguised himself, went to a tavern, heard a storyteller telling the story of his supposedly passionate, steamy love affair with his disciple, and got mad (which was funny because he later bought 4 volumes of this same story). Lo and behold, the ML also happened to be in the same tavern and saw the MC. He realized that his master was actually that beloved person he met when he was a child, who was kind to him and who went to such great efforts to save him. The MC didn't think the ML recognized him and the ML played along (but he totally knew it was his master all along). This disguise trope allowed the MC to drop his "magnanimous master" act and actually be more himself around the ML. Anyway, they both happened to be traveling in the same direction and the ML suggested they travel together. The MC agreed because, ML = fish scale = healthy heart. They later met the heroine from the book (who, plot twist, turned out to be a guy dressed as a girl). Recognizing the ML's "future girlfriend," MC tried to play matchmaker and was being extra friendly to this supposed heroine but, next to him, the ML was just burning with jealousy because the MC was being too friendly.

One time, they shared a room in a tavern and the MC was so into the smutty book written about them that he stayed up reading it until he fell asleep. The ML chanced upon the book and started reading. Unluckily for the ML, all the best stuff was apparently in the last few volumes, which the MC selfishly hoarded. But, I think, this helped the ML realize that he actually wanted that kind of relationship with his master. I really like that he actually directly asked the MC to be in a relationship with him, and I really like how open-minded the MC was.

I hope that makes sense. I was trying for a condense summary of the first 1/3 of the book.

Kaylee, Peachiii, komo komo and 22 others like this.
  6. NotReading

NotReading Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, if MC originally from the book world. What is the book?

7. Xixiryn

Reading List:
    Link
    If I understood it correctly, the book world was actually the real world and the world the MC lived in was actually a small world (not sure if real or fake) inside their world and was (I think) specifically created to sustain the MC. I’m not sure if the author ever addressed how he got the book or where the book came from or why, or if she did I must have skimmed through it. But, I’m guessing the online book he read was either created by the time/space grass or the person who created the world the MC lived in.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  8. Heungbo

Heungbo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's just 1/3 of the book :blobthinkingsmirk: i'm excited to see the rest!!

9. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

10. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    O this novel. I remember the beginning for this one was so much like Scum Villain that I almost dropped it. Once you get past maybe the first 1/3 of the book, it deviates sharply and you realize it's a different novel. :blobxd:

I remember this one being an okay read, it had some interesting plot twists in the second half of the book. Can't remember the details much though, since I read this one a while ago.

11. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    what happen when they enter the secret realm? and are there any smut between the MC and ML?
    What happen at the end of the novel?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  12. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The secret realm is really long. Eventually they get the scale they need but there is so much more.

it’s fade to black as usual.

in the end they’re together.

Since the translation is complete, and it’s quite a lovely story, I certainly recommend reading it.

lizabernal96 likes this.
  13. Leanora794

Leanora794 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna know just one thing before continuing to read the chaps since I'm sick atm. What happened to the shit scum sect leader and what chapter did it happen in? Thank you

14. Evesneon

Evesneon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where’s the short about Si Fei and the other guy (Chen Fu?)

15. lanixw

lanixw Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Song Ming was swallowed/killed by the monsters he had summoned from the wasteland to aid him against Shen Zhixian, but the demons were in control of Yan Jin. This happened when Shen Zhixian announced his claim for the sect leadership.
    (chapter 71)

16. Xixiryn

Reading List:
    Link
    The author only has one chapter written so far.

17. Leanora794

Leanora794 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pppffftt- what a stupid way of dying lololol

lanixw likes this.