Spoiler (BL) Killing Frenzy in the Apocalypse by Xizi Xu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by sleepingjay, Jul 10, 2019.

1. sleepingjay

sleepingjay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read another apocalypse novel because I'm not even past the 1st page of the genre yet~
    This author has a lot of translated works, so I'm not sure if someone already spoiled this particular novel. I couldn't find anything but tell me if there's already a thread please!

This time, I'm going to spoil as I read so I don't lose steam re-reading to spoil.
    ---
    癱末世之殺戮狂潮 / Killing Frenzy in the Apocalypse
    作者:西子緒 / Author: Xizi Xu
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1806527

Author summary (MTL then edited by me):

Tang Kezhi replaced Lu Zhiyao, who was murdered by his lover, in the apocalypse world. He thought that this was God’s care for him.
    But in the end I have to say… he is too naïve.
    Compared with the original world without sunshine, the zombie world may be just as bad (idiom: half a catty and eight taels), especially there are a few mentally distorted people in this world.
    So, this is actually a pseudo-farming text disguised as a zombie apocalypse... → →

(Me, finally properly translating this: Wait this is pseudo-farming???!!!)

Visually face-paralyzed(?) with evil tastes Gong x Unknown attribute Shou, Upgrade flow

(Me: wth is unknown attribute/不明属性)

Tang Kezhi replaced Lu Zhiyao, who was murdered by his lover, in the end of the world. He thought that this was God's care for him.
    But after that I have to say... he is so naive.
    Compared with the world without sunshine, the zombie world may be really a bit of a slap in the face, especially... there are a few people with mental disorders in this world.
    So this is actually a pseudo-species Tianwen disguised as a zombie... → →
    Visually 瘫 瘫 (?) 恶趣味攻 X unknown attribute, upgrade flow

Friday into V, I hope everyone continues to support ... 跪

1. attack There are no three views and they are seriously lost.
    2. The author's brain circuit is wonderful, all kinds of gods are unfolding, and they are careful.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  2. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1-9:
    Original body is beaten up and killed by his former lover’s sidekicks. Dumped at trash site. MC wakes up in a corpse heap, gets original’s memories and his grievances and desire for revenge. MC promises to get revenge (in return for the body) but still thinks original is weak and has no place here.

This new world is a zombie apocalypse. Original body used to be of elite class despite not having abilities. He was taken care of by his lover, but then was abandoned. The zombies here are no longer as aggressive, i.e. no large-scale human hunting. But it’s only because the zombie king wants to keep humans as livestock lol (since zombie population can only grow by changing humans).

MC’s original world is also apocalypse, but worse. No zombies, but killer radiation, mutant plants and animals, etc. MC is super happy to see stars and sunlight in this new world. Instead of abilities they seem to only have soul power? MC notes that in his original world no one would judge someone’s power based on their appearance. A frail-looking person could easily be a nuclear juggernaut. I assumed it’s because they mainly use soul power. MC was killed by some big-shot leader (who might also be his best friend?) because MC’s soul power is too strong – he could literally control the whole planet if he wanted.

MC goes to the poor people area right outside the base. Tried to find medicine but it’s super hard to get, and he ended up being tailed. These dudes want to kidnap him to feed their young master’s... zombies?? Ok.

MC uses soul power to enslave them as his bodyguards. He also got them to give him medicine, food. Their young master is also a big-shot in the base like the OriMC’s slag lover, and is in direct competition with him so MC makes a deal to assassinate the slag man if this young master can bring him close.

Some preparation things happen, MC meet the guy's pet zombies and reaffirm that this young master is a crazy creep and MC totally wants to get OriMC’s revenge over and done with so he can leave the base, fights some people to show his ability, etc. The young master grows impressed by MC and likes to troll/flirt with MC.

Example:
    “Oh you’re not bad, want to be my little lover after you kill that guy?” and MC goes “Hell no”.
    Then MC realises oh wait, this is my temporary boss, I shouldn’t offend him I guess, and goes “It’s not about you, you’re really good I promise, don’t lose confidence, we’re just not suitable for each other” I’m dying
    The young master is defeated by these placating consolations and leaves in embarrassment. :blobrofl: he played himself.

On the day of assassination (slag lover’s wedding/engagement banquet) the young master trolls MC by making him attend as his woman omg. Story barely started and MC is already crossdressing, amazing.

Oh I’m going to post a snippet because I really like this scene:
    “How is your current mood?” Wang Yibai (young master), in a black suit, looks unusually handsome. His right arm is holding a person with an awkward, paralysed expression.

“… Very good.” Tang Kezhi (MC) looked at Wang Yibai with a blank expression. “In fact, I can disguise as a security guard.”

“Of course not.” Wang Yibai’s face is matter-of-course. “A security guard can’t accompany me. It is very inconvenient to act.”

“Oh.” Tang Kezhi is still expressionless – he knew that this guy is very vengeful, but did not expect he can avenge to this point! Tang Kezhi, Tang Kezhi, how could you fall for this with your age and experience*! …Look at this dress and look at these earrings…

“You are beautiful, baby.” Wang Yibai’s tone is affectionate and solemn, as if he really loves Tang Kezhi.

“…” Tang Kezhi stopped talking nonsense with Wang Yibai. He directly expressed his dissatisfaction with actions – he twisted the soft meat of Wang Yibai’s waist.

*liberally translated, original is idiom 晚節不保 meaning “late festival”(?) One of the meanings is: already in old age but still not wise enough, hence failed and ruined themselves

I don’t ship them yet (WY doesn’t seem like he can tolerate someone as powerful as MC) but I totally want them to continue being friends/allies and trolling e/o

HAHAHAHA The young master (gonna use WY now, feel like he'll come up often… since he might be ML) wins hands down – when they arrive at the banquet, MC, as “a tall beauty”, is so harmless-looking he isn’t searched by security while WY is.

WY asks MC if he hates the slag man – MC, being a crosser, obviously has zero hate and answers as such. WY doesn’t believe him and feels MC is even more terrible than he expected – even he (WY) wouldn’t be able to suppress a hatred this deeply! (I’m cackling)

MC is so cute. While WY is making nice, he’s just gorging on food and contemplating to steal all the food in the banquet. I didn’t expect him to be such a hamster. (Previously it was explained that in original world, there’s even worse lack of food, hence MC’s attitude to food). Slag man’s bride appears in beautiful wedding dress – WY pokes fun again at MC, “Don’t be embarrassed, I think you are more beautiful.” HE ALSO POKES MC’S FULL-OF-FOOD SQUIRREL CHEEKS HAHAHAHAHA

They sh*ttalk about love and the slag man for a bit, with WY constantly poking at OriMC’s foolishness. Rude. But MC doesn’t care. Soon the slag man approaches them, he asks about MC’s identity. The lights go out (WY’s arrangement) and MC puts his soul power in.

OH WOW the slag man doesn’t have any resistance to MC’s soul invading him? “It is like this person has no soul” is how it’s described. Suspicious.

Slag man keeps watching MC throughout the banquet. MC is uneasy but the next day the slag man still died – killed his bride and then himself.

MC wants to leave – WY keeps trying to persuade MC to stay. MC (and me) doesn’t believe that WY actually likes him. MC suspects the authenticity of slag man’s death, but not sure why. WY offers for MC to go outside the base with a team under his command – be their bodyguard in exchange for transport.

Oh no, there’s a woman under WY. She’s an annoying spoiled princess too. Ugh. (Ironically, this is making it more and more likely for WY to be ML) WY orders her to go out of base with the team but she’s doesn’t want to, saying, “Why should I go with them? I am a girl going so far is unsafe” (…Sigh)

Oh, she also has the hots for WY. She’ll be GTB (green-tea bitch) from now. GTB mocks and picks a fight with MC immediately. Unfortunately, the most creative she gets with her insults is, “I didn’t expect that after playing enough with his thing, Young Master would have us toss it away. Young Master really thinks we are garbage processors.” Which. It’s creative and underhanded, I give her that. But also girl you just insulted yourself too. Garbage-processor ain't the most flattering description.

THERE’S A SUSPICIOUS, SILENT GUY WITH A MASK ON THE TEAM. He doesn’t speak, recently got injured, and ‘can’t have sun on his face’. (I’m gonna go off and theorize that slag man is actually this guy. He was under WY’s command all along, and WY was tricking MC.)

WY’s pet zombies broke out of their cage and he’s furious and everyone’s suffering. Except MC. WY even still tries to cajole MC, giving him rare things like chocolate etc. (They're cute, I don't want to ship them, I don't trust this guy as ML, help)

3. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10-12:

GTB picks a fight again – she’s a fire ability. MC almost kills her, but before he can make a move the team leader stopped her. WY gave the leader a warning about MC, so this guy is prepared. He gives more chocolate to MC to appease him – that’s actually funny and adorable omg. MC is so cute. The fact that WY told the guy that he can cajole MC with candy is even funnier.

Aww MC’s driver is pretty nice. When they make camp, the team leader avoids giving any work to MC to avoid offending him. GTB is still seeking death via MC. She thinks his bed skills are too powerful, how can he get both the young master and team leader under his pants(skirt)?? (Girl omg please stop)

And since she’s such a princess, almost everyone in the team joins her in giving death glares at MC. Meanwhile MC calmly gets a second serving of noodles lmao. They’re ready to jump him when MC’s driver calls him away and tries to advise him to be more careful, be more conscious of those people that want to swallow you ah!

After that MC gets bored and rest in the truck. Suddenly he smells fragrant meat~ (MC is such a foodie) He follows the scent to see the masked man eating barbecued meat alone in the truck. OH HEY the mystery man speaks! He has a low, majestic voice. Plus really cold and powerful aura, even MC feels threatened.

….ML?

MC realises he might have messed up, tries to backdial, but ML invites him to eat. MC feels there’ll be consequences if he refuses. After taking a bite, ML asks him if it’s delicious. MC replies yes without hesitation haha this foodie is so cute. ML, with a sudden cold smile: “When we finish eating… let’s discuss a problem. Who are you?”

(Ooooooooo~~~)

Ok. Next: ML pins MC down and chokes MC. MC hesitates to use his soul power because to kill someone this powerful he’d need to use more power than this body can currently handle. He still uses it in the end, trying to kill ML. But his power can’t get through the other person at all.

MC lacks air and faints. ML is confused because he didn’t think MC would really be that weak. Also the power he just used is a bit strange. Then two zombies appear out of hiding – they’re WY’s escaped pet zombies. One of them wants to eat MC, but ML refuses him. Then ML takes out… human skins. For the zombies to wear.

(I. Wow. Why do the stuff I spoiler for always have these kinds of things… Cry-laughing)

The first zombie changes successfully, but the other zombie gets stuck midway through changing skin. MC actually woke up when the first zombie changed, and he’s creeped out to the max. ML considers stripping MC’s skin. MC pretends to be dead to the world lol

“Not up?” Hong Quan (ML's fake name) seemed to squat down, and the burning breath hit the face of Tang Kezhi. “That’s okay. Anyway, when I peel you, you will wake up.”

“…” Tang Kezhi cried silent tears of sorrow.

“Really not awake?” Somehow, Hong Quan’s voice actually showed a hint of a smile.

“… Big Brother.” Tang Kezhi weakly opens his eyes and reveals the most sincere expression of his life. “I really didn’t see anything…”

“Did I say anything about what you saw?” Hong Quan condescendingly looks at Tang Kezhi. “I just want to tell you that eating my barbecue also needs to pay a price.”

“…” So the price is my skin? Tang Kezhi is very sad – this is probably the most expensive piece of barbecue he has ever eaten in his life.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  4. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember reading this. The mystery behind originals lover was the key to unfurl the plot, I think. ( The reason why he died too easily without any resistance, just like a doll ).

alexfilia, Shizun and morticia_addams like this.
  5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    So interesting >.<

6. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost track of which chapters was which so no more chapter numbering:

ML is an ass. He stabbed MC and when MC almost loses consciousness, he pulls out the knife to keep him awake. ML thinks MC is fun to toy with, he doesn’t want to let him die just yet. MC tries to kill ML. (I made a mistake...: ) He did actually get a little bit of soul power into ML, and he exploded this bit but it also damages his own soul. ML is injured, but both of them are weak and can’t move well. MC crawls over to finish ML, but they talk a bit and MC cuts off ML’s mask. It turned out to be slag man! Except not really, because ML is wearing the guy’s skin. MC’s body cries thanks to the OriMC’s emotions. He suspects whether the order to kill OriMC was the original slag man or ML? Unfortunately ML says the original guy really did order it.

Also, ML’s real surname is the same as MC’s best-friend-turned-traitor-and-killer from his last life.

MC passes out. He gets a nightmare of his mom urging him to run, monsters chasing him, blood, etc.

Waking up, ML hasn’t killed him, yay. One of the zombies died, ML is sad, vows revenge on WY. WY apparently did something (probably research-related) to a bunch of ML's high-level zombie underlings (i.e. the ones who can think). Only one of the captured zombies survived. ML keeps eating in front of MC, but doesn’t give him any food. MC is full of grievances. Also apparently the team now thinks MC climbed ML’s bed :blobxd:.

After a month of travelling, MC’s back and soul are still injured from when he fought ML, but he can walk around now. ML puts him lying down on the roof during the day and picks him up into the truck in the evening, like a plant?? :blobsweat_2:

The team come across a town and argued about whether to negotiate for or just rob supplies. The nice driver is the former faction, GTB is latter. No surprise there. They ended up robbing. The robbers squad (led by who else but GTB) came back with not just supplies, but a teenage boy who’s a bit weird, according to her. GTB tries to make trouble again by trying to get the team leader to reward her by giving her MC? (Girl, you’re weird.) MC doesn’t hate her at all, he finds her entertaining – it’s been a long time since he watched any TV dramas after all haha.

The poor driver, he’s sad because he couldn’t save the town. MC tells him "You shouldn't live in this world". The driver thinks MC is criticising him, but actually MC is saying it to himself. Whether it was in his past or current life, people like the driver will always be changed by this kind of world.

Turns out ML changed all of the robber squad out with zombies wearing their skins during the robbery. Except GTB, he left her for MC (MC: Thanks I guess?). ML is sadistically entertained by the idea of how horrified GTB will be when everyone suddenly tears off their skin and she realises that she's been living with zombies. The boy they brought back has very strong self-healing ability. GTB stabbed him to show off his ability to the team leader and they discuss sending him back to WY. MC goes to pick up the kid and bring him back to ML’s truck. The kid keeps mumbling about green trees while unconscious.

MC ponders about his aimlessness, thinking that the worst thing for him isn’t a dangerous environment, but actually a purposeless journey. He’s very quiet for the rest of the journey, completely no interest in anything except the kid, which ML is displeased about.

They arrive at another base. MC decides to leave the team here. When walking around the base, he… gets distracted by fresh vegetables. (MC…. :facepalm:) A powerful ability guy sees him, buys him a meal with the fresh vegies to tempt him into his bed lol. This guy is also the one who welcomed the team into the base, so he’s obviously high-ranking.

The guy turns out to be a rebirth. In his last life he was weak and was a kept pet of a high-ranking person. But when reborn, he had a space ring. He recognises MC’s name as the one who can save humanity from being zombies’ livestock. Overconfident and thinking he’s the protagonist, he’s trying to capture MC for his own use. He buys MC more vegetables despite MC’s refusal. MC trolls him by giving him a good guy card haha. MC is really good at making people speechless.

MC comes back to ML’s truck and hides his precious vegies carefully, threatening to pee on ML when he sleeps if ML dare to touch the vegies (cry-laughing… Add one more to the speechless people collection). MC continues to troll ML by saying he exchanged the vegies with the right to sleep with ML. “You’re really worth the money.” ML again speechless.

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  8. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is mc the gong?

9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlikely

soie_yoie likes this.
  10. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, yep. ML is the ML. Real name Shen Mo Nian, current fake name Hong Quan.
    MC is Tang Kezhi.
    I read ahead and Wang Yibai ends up as a minor male lead (though he's more attracted to MC's use, tbh)

ML is gong~

midnight reader, kiara8 and soie_yoie like this.
  11. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    When ML is asleep, MC tries to leave. Turns out ML isn’t asleep. MC tries all kind of things to defend himself:
    • Transfer topics: “Why are you not asleep if your eyes are closed?!”
    • Power of language to influence ML: “I feel that we have no future, so why bother struggling… With your handsome and cool style, you can hook a lot of people, so let me go..”
    • Truth: “You can’t/won’t turn me into a zombie anyway, please let me go?”
    • Pitiful and spoiled: “Fang Quan (team leader) wants to sell me, I’m so scared, brother, hurry and save me!”
    MC gets pissed off that ML is restricting him, tries to attack ML, but ends up in a compromising position instead~ :blobsmirk: ML’s zombie sidekick sees them like this when he comes in to tell ML that the Vegetable guy gave the team leader a map of their destination – it’s very accurate. They suspect there's a spy/traitor in their base. (Oh wow, I guess the team’s destination is ML’s home base)

ML makes a deal with MC to get something from Vegetable guy (involves what they still think is his space “ability”), and he’ll let MC go. MC is still pissed, tells ML he hates people like him the most. “Selfish, arrogant, must be respectful to you, has to follow your wishes as if everyone in the world is your mother”

(Same MC. Same.)

MC cultivates. Since this world has sun and moon, he discovers that he can absorb them to gather power. (He really is a plant~) This improves his cultivation very quickly and he recovers from his soul injuries. He also purifies his body, and when he goes off to wash the dirt pushed out by the purification, he runs into Fang Quan (the team leader that sold him). FQ looks at him and his full of black mud body weirdly. Instead of explaining, MC successfully blackens ML :blobrofl:: With a scared and pitiful expression, he complains to Fang Quan, “He… Hong Quan (ML)... his tastes are too strange…”

After washing, Fang Quan tells MC that they’re “leaving him at the base for now because their destination is too dangerous”. MC plays pig eating tigers, pretending to be spoiled, weak, cute and sad that they’re abandoning him. Fang Quan has to comfort him like he’s a 3-year-old.

MC spends the rest of the month cultivating. His body is stronger now and his skin whiter thanks to flushing out the impurities. ML asks him, “You’re worked hard, what kind of skincare do you use?”

The team leaves. MC plays pitiful white lotus, a complete package with reddened eyes. He even sends a good guy card to Fang Quan, for extra irony. The Vegie guy comes to take him away, "exposing" the truth that he was sold.

MC, having way too much fun: No! I don’t believe it! I don’t believe! You’re lying to me!

Vegie guy, the unsuspecting fool: Hah, you are sold and still don’t know? /sinister smile/

MC, in for a penny in for a pound: No, Quan-ge loves me! He won’t abandon me like this!

ML, oh this dog-blood drama is quite fun: Who said that I like you? Hey, want me to like this kind of thing? The person in my heart can never be you!

(....why are you appearing out of nowhere)

MC, utterly shameless: You actually lied to me… You are a monster… You damn liar, not only cheated my body, but also cheated my heart!

ML, now full of regrets and nausea: …

Vegie guy, still a fool: You are mine now! Except for me, no one will want you anymore!

MC, going in for the killing blow: Nooooo!! /”faints” into Vegie guy’s arms/

Vegie guy, to ML: You better not try anythingl! He’s my person now! /walks off stage with MC/

(I’m dying)

Extra:

Zombie sidekick, naïve and confused: …Boss? Why does this scene seem familiar?

ML, expressionless: Well, all the dog-blood drama scripts are the same.

Sidekick, holding a guidebook: You should then suddenly find out that you actually love him, follow them, and try to grab him… Abusing your mind and body this way and that, all kinds of method to get back his love.

ML: … This is quite complicated.

Sidekick: Boss, I believe in you.

ML: Nah, let’s leave and follow the team.

12. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22
    @Zennie_613
    @324722

ferrelrose, maya_sov, Selax and 6 others like this.
  14. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    facial paralysis probably - the kind that doesn't change their expression regardless of what happens.
    I think it's unclear sexual preference or gender, depends on the context on the story.
    性 - nature/character/property/quality/attribute/sexuality/sex/gender

LOL~~~

MC is playing along quite well, women do this, men usually punch or elbow jabs [according to husband]

according to plot intro, ML is a facial paralysis, that is his thoughts and emotions do not reflect on his face at all and that guy is too animate so i doubt it.

This is pretty hilarious lol, I guess this is more like friends to lovers type plot in the case of ML x MC...

hikaharu and Dragon_Reader like this.
  15. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!
    Also yes. More like friends/enemies (they are very confusing) to lovers, but yep!

Next part:

Vegie guy (Zhuang BeTian = ZBT, since he’s gonna come up a lot more) imprisons MC and gives him poisoned fruits every few days. Unfortunately for him, MC’s power means he can easily purify poisons. They play another heartfelt “I treat you good because you look like my dead younger brother” drama.

For a few months, MC spends his time chilling around, cultivating, and pigging out on fresh food. Despite poisoning him, ZBT seems to fall for MC’s innocent ruse and feels pity for him. MC reminds ZBT of his past self. When ZBT feeds him the last dose of poison, MC pretends to vomit blood. ZBT regrets and panics for real, calling the doctor to save him. The doctor says the dosage is too much, they can save his life but he’ll become an idiot.

ZBT regrets, feeling like he’s killing his past self. Overwhelmed, he leaves the room.

Suddenly MC wakes up – the doctor is ML! ML tells MC ZBT isn’t a space ability, so there’s no need for MC to continue anymore. He invites MC to travel with him – he’ll feed MC with fresh food all the time, if he doesn’t keep his promise he’ll cut of his tongue (MC: how long does it take to regrow? / ML: Eh, about 6 minutes)

ML tells MC to consider the offer and leaves. MC sneers – as if he would believe ML would easily let him go just because ZBT is useless! He suspects ML found something even more interesting about ZBT and is trying to get rid of MC to avoid MC getting in his way.

Some time later, MC escapes with the tools ML gives him. But he quickly finds things strange: the guards aren’t dozing off, but rather knocked out. He finds ZBT almost dying. ZBT realizes he’s been tricked. He’s angry at first, but then resigned. MC thanks him for the vegetables and fruits. ZBT is amused, finds peace with himself (it was more poetic but I can't be bothered) and gives MC his space ring.

After burying ZBT, MC suddenly hears a voice and he sees the face of the person – the guy who killed him in his last life, his closest friend who he secretly loved for many years, Shen Ling.

So turns out it’s ML’s real face. MC feels miserable – even in a new world, he can’t escape from Shen Ling. (I think Shen Ling imprisoned him and then killed him when he got too strong? Edit: nvm, it was a lot more complicated than that but only revealed later)

ML asks about ZBT’s body (to get the ring). MC refuses and they fight. MC can’t touch ML, so he sacrifices his hand and takes a blow from ML to touch him and send his mental power in. But ML is too strong and MC currently too weak – a few years later he might be able to win, but although his attack is painful for ML, MC still loses.

ML chokes MC. MC is bitter about dying at this person’s hands again and decides he might as well eat tofu before dying, and bites ML’s lips. ML is shocked and releases MC. MC falls and passes out.

After ML leaves carrying MC off, ZBT suddenly digs out from the ground. He’s now a zombie! He sees the pool of blood (from MC) and says MC's name weakly.

16. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I think I'm too used to doting ML's and I don't wanna go back to the other types, that reading the spoilers got me somewhat annoyed :blobhero:. As much as I love zombie apocalypse types, this one strays from my taste. Need more zombie fights and survival, less zombie emperor ML's and zombie sidekicks.

17. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, MC transmigrated when the world is already mostly peaceful (except ML's zombie faction) so there's not much fighting :blob_pout:
    Also ahAHahHAhA, I actually got annoyed too reading this novel :blobsweat_2: For the same reason

After the part I already spoilered (ch20 something i think) I skipped ahead to ch40. Sorry everyone, I won't be spoiling the middle parts. I also didn't write as detailed for ch40-60 (end), so there'll just be a (relatively) short summary for that + some excerpts i liked. there are going to be tearjerkers.

but i need to edit out all my rage comments at ML first (i forgave him eventually so i don't want to blacken him) so i'll post it tomorrow.

hikaharu, jadelin and kiara8 like this.
  18. jadelin

jadelin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^ This, I was wondering why ML was so hateful to the MC. The poor MC just wants to escape. I'll wait for your spoiler to find out the reason, though. :blobthinkingsmirk:

Kleep likes this.
  19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    So what is ML’s real name?

20. sleepingjay

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember if it was ever mentioned in the chapters I read...... I think it was implied that he just hates and distrusts humans (for a reason, it'll be in the spoiler haha). Also he knows humans won't ever accept a zombie like him, so he completely embraced the zombie emperor life and treat humans as enemies lol

Shen Mo Nian (if i'm translating correctly)

Kleep, kiara8 and jadelin like this.