Spoiler [BL] Little Mushroom

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yukkie, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary
    An Zhe was a mushroom whose lifelong mission was to raise his own spore.
    One day, he lost his spore.
    He searched all over the world for a long time before finally seeing a familiar spore on the news.

An Zhe desperately knocked on the door of a colonel in the human military.
    “Hello, Sir. Did your research turn out well? Can I have my son back after the research?”

The colonel looked cold. “Your son?”
    “I gave birth to it QAQ.”

The colonel stated, “I raised it.”
    “Sir, really. It is mine QAQ.”
    “Give birth to another one to let me see.”

An Zhe: crying

TL Disclaimer:

Not as fluffy as the summary makes it sound. Not mpreg.
    Apocalyptic wasteland science fiction (no zombies)
    Happy Ending

Title: Little Mushroom 小蘑菇
    Author: Yi Shi Si Zhou 一十四洲
    Chapters: 83 Chapters + 2 Extras (Ongoing)
    Genre: Action Adventure Sci-fi Shounen Ai Yaoi
    NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/little-mushroom/
    English Translation:
    https://chrysanthemumgarden.com/novel-tl/lm/

We need spoilers!!! need!!! need!!!!

2. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Story is very popular. It's about a beast tide apocalypse seen from a mushroom's PoV who was just along for the ride to steal back his spore. Must say that during the course of the story, it felt like one of the most hopeless apocalypses I've seen. There were probably less than 100k people left by the end of the story.

Story went like this:

MC was a sentient mushroom. ML and a team went out for a mission and took MC's spore back as a specimen. ML dropped a shell casting there and MC hung it around his neck. ML was one of the judges who were trained to see infected people. They had permission to kill anyone on sight. A canonfodder died in MC's cave. MC tried to save him but in the process copied his DNA and became him (with permission). MC travelled to the base. ML was one of the judges assigned at the gate to check refugees. He suspected MC being not human but MC passed the test. MC went to his assigned apartment in the outer city and got a job to make wax figures or something. MC found that the shell casting belonged to ML and that his spore was in the lab in the inner city. He met ML a few times by accident. I think he let ML stay at his place once.

The outer city was attacked and many people were infected. They had to line up to be judged and ML killed many many people. ML was showing signs of mental breakdown due to the number of people he killed. MC waited for him and somehow became ML's emotional support.

The outer city no longer could be saved and had to be abandoned. Only those within a certain age with multiple degrees/course work done were allowed to take the train to the inner city. MC was settled in a new apartment. ML was his neighbor. ML injected a tracking agent in MC when they were in bed together (not in that way). MC had a job as an assitant teacher for little kids.

Some years ago, due to fertility issue, all women were rounded up and put in the Eden Garden or something as fertility machines. After a month or so in the mother, the fetus would be taken out to be raise in vitro. The kids would grow up and can stay or be sent to the outer city depending on their aptitude. The beast tide had something to do with the magnetic field. There were only two bases left in the entire world, each with half of a magnetic generator.

One of the kids turned into a big bee and they sent the kid to the lab. Thus, MC got to hang around the lab as the person taking care of the kids. MC's spore in the lab was an inert specimen that couldn't get infected but scientists couldn't figure out why. The spore somehow responded to ML. Thus, ML assisted the study.

The other base got attacked and ML took a team to help. Current base got attacked. They had to abandon all buildings to move back to Eden Garden. MC used ML's card to steal his spore and ran to Eden Garden. He found out that the woman who led Eden Garden and all children there were infected. They turned into bees and flew away. MC was being hunted down for stealing. He left the base, planning to go back to his cave to spend the rest of his life there. ML got back to the base after the mission. Their transporter had unknown issues. He took an aircraft to kill the escaped bees and then hunt MC using the tracker.

MC found ML's crashed aircraft and saved ML. They spent time together saved by a kid who had been hidding in a mine with other miners who all died except him and an old man. MC thought it was fate that he saved ML who told him that he put a tracker on him (lol). ML gave MC his weapon because he wanted MC to survive. They went to an abandoned city and found that there were signs of things merging together (metal/plastic/etc. So human sotisficated inventions like aircrafts would malfunction. Beasts would consume other beasts to gain their characteristics and possibly, people would merge with beasts in the future). I think ML learnt that MC was a mushroom around this part and MC gave ML his spore. The rescue team came for ML (and to capture MC). MC ran away.

MC was saved by some half-beast people. These were infected people who somehow still retained consciousness even with other non-human characteristics. The leader was a scientist whose mistake poluted the water, caused many deaths and got exiled here. Said scientist had found out that all species corresponded to different wavelengths. (Excuse my science understanding.) Due to the magnetic disappearance, the wavelengths became unstable and merged together. The beasts went crazy, eating other beasts and attacking everything because they wanted to absorp a stable wavelength. Said scientist had built this weird aparatus to learn wavelengths. When a beast died in the fire opening of the aparatus, it would generate the wavelength of that beast. MC's health was getting really bad at this point because he was at the end of his life after his spore matured.

The beasts were getting crazier, rushed and attacked the two bases. MC's place also got attacked. The scientist and his team decided to use this opportunity to lead the beasts to the aparatus to see if they could figure out a stable wavelength before the place was overun. They were on the verge of being wiped out. MC remembered that his spore was inert and thus, he would be. He jumped into the aparatus and killed himself. MC's wavelength was the stable wavelength they were looking for. Thus, the scientist broadcasted the wavelength and calmed down the beast tide.

A few years later, MC's spore matured and became human. ML thought MC wouldn't have his memory but he did.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  3. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! Thanks for the brief summary of the novel. OMG!!!

4. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Thank you for this spoiler.

5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s wild, I think as I munch on my grilled mushrooms lightly seasoned with Italian seasoning and olive oil.

Delicious summary though, burp.

6. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the last chapter AND MY HEART STILL HURTS. Holy shit. I really loved this novel. Such a breath of fresh air, that despite the world being cruel and harsh against humanity, it was actually about the beauty of human nature? The little mushroom that was apathetic to human struggle DIED to protect the humans he learned to love and care for. I teared up towards the end when humanity faced extinction but the humans still vainly struggled. Lu Yan and An zhi sharing one last look before An Zhi perishes. It broke my heart when the humans survived but Lu Yan lost everything.

But that two chapters made up for it. Fluff at long last. My heart still aches bc I dont want to let this novel go.

Thank you so much to Rainbow turtle for introducing this novel by translating this. Definitely one of my top favs.

7. Aldis

Aldis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I disappointed with is the scene of summary never happen. Well, similar things happen at the end, but with different context. Anyway, this is a good novel. The way its describe about the science-fiction side and the apocalypse is great and (with my limited knowledge) looks believable.

Bbyliu likes this.
  8. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

maya_sov, Selax and alexfilia like this.
  9. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since @gnessa14 mentioned most of the important bits, I do want to mention that the novel is considered completed, but the extra chapters are still ongoing. Since mankind is no longer facing extinction (the genes are now considered stable after Anzhi threw himself into the Stanton machine(?)), Lu Yan now lives with Anzhi at the half-human, half-beast HQ. Anzhi is like why are you in my room? Can't you get your own, but Lu Yan is like no. Haha he still kind of bullies Anzhi a bit. Lu Yan still seems indifferent, but he's super sticky to Anzhi now. Anzhi is clueless.

Later, Anzhi says he wants to find the cave and see Anzi. Lu Yan accompanies Anzhi to find the cave since Lu Yan vaguely remembers where it is. Lol....Anzhi gets upset because he thinks Lu Yan didn't take care of his spores. His spores are super important to him, and he thought Lu Yan would care for it, but he killed his spores!!!! Lol Lu Yan teases Anzhi and pushes him down under him and slides his hand under Anzhi's shirt and lightly presses on his stomach and says if Anzhi wants, he can help him make more spores. But other than teasing, Lu Yan doesn't get far. Anzhi figures out that he IS his spores. Anzhi basically is immortal. The reason why he considers his spores more important than his own life is because his spores IS his life. He can continuously live on so long as he can germinate spores. Anzhi apologizes to Lu Yan because he did keep his promise. He took care of his spore and guarded his body for 3 long years.

The extra ends as the two head off to find Anzi's body. Author mentions she'll come back and continue sporadically if she's inspired.

Btw, at the end of the novel Tang Lan and Hubbard go missing. It's implied the two reunited and Hubbard is chasing/accompanying Tang Lan. Hopefully we'll get an extra for those two?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  10. Nbl.mrts

Nbl.mrts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you tell me when anzhe meet again with lu yan after anzhe get to this half human half beast

Sansama likes this.
  11. Xian-laoshi

Xian-laoshi Teacher Hamsie Xian

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished it and it's a really nice story.

12. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's An Zi? And Tan Lan and Hubbard?

13. dawnknight

dawnknight New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mushrooms and a variety of other fungus – have developed an amazing dispersal strategy that harnesses the energy released by coalescing water droplets to increase reproductive chances. The researchers' study could inspire new tactics to dealing with mushroom spores or lead to artificial methods for distributing microscopic particles by simulating this "surface-tension catapult" in the lab.

14. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask for spoilers or a summary for c90 to 94? I didn't read finish this novel.

15. SkyLisette

SkyLisette LadyGrimmOfAutumn

Reading List:
    Link
    So... About that fluff? :notworthy:

16. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a pit

17. LazyLizzy

LazyLizzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That, can I write a recommendation of a novel in here? It's a bit similar to little mushroom but more tear jerking. It's a good read though.

If you're up to it, you can try reading the novel.
    Tittle: 恶龙暴露了他的小犄角
    (The dragon exposed his horns)
    Author:猫界第一噜

It's hasn't been translated yet though :blobsweat_2:

twistingfeelings likes this.
  18. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m kinda not wanting to read this now. It made women nothing more than incubators. And ended up proving useless anyway as they should have known from the beginning. Disappointed really. I’ll have to think about it.

Desperate likes this.
  19. LittleMushroom42

LittleMushroom42 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has quite a few hard topics that it touches upon so it's not an easy read, however I couldn't stop reading after I started. I had to know what happens and how it'll be resolved.

I have to say... it left me a bit empty. Honestly, it's the first chinese novel I finished without feeling like the story unnecessarily dragged on. The author handled pacing really well and in my opinion made the main characters (MC and ML) quite understandable why they behaved a certain way. Sorry... I'm just kind of lost for words. It was a really good read for me :) It's something I won't forget. I also quite appreciate the simple biological explanations of hard concepts, as a biologist I was quite happy with that. Maybe it's just my love for biology and mushrooms and great manhua art that made me fall for this story, but I give credits to An Zhe for keeping me very interested in his views and thoughts about humanity and world. He was someone that knew nothing but Abyss, then he learned so much. But after all this... like Lu Feng and An Ze both said: "He is just… a little mushroom."

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Arekushieru likes this.
  20. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t disagree with you. And I loved how the manhua itself kind of suggested that the reason they couldn’t find anything wrong with him genetically was because he was neither plant nor animal in one of those little mini theatres they sometimes have.