Recommendations [BL] MC/ML with unconventional body?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tahiti, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Tahiti

Tahiti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First time making a thread, hope I'm doing it right lol.

Before I start, eng is not my first language, I used unconventional because according to google: "not based on or conforming to what is generally done or believed."
    Just leaving it here because I don't want to get hate on a rec thread QAQ.

I'm asking for two recommendations, first one is a MC/ML with more of a chubby or overweight appearance, second one is MC/ML with a physical disability.

Maybe not even chubby, just not the whole "he looks like a Greek god, with sculpted abs and a never ending stamina bar", or "slender, thin, model like version of slenderman".
    In preference, please don't recommend novels where the character is overweight, only to pass 2-5 chapters and suddenly he lost weight bc "the MC/ML should always have the perfect body", or idk.
    I don't mind if the novel focuses on the journey of the character loosing weight, but the whole thing of "people called him fatty, he lost weight, now everyone thinks that he's good looking and the fact that he was overweight is never touched upon" just kinda... Sucks.

Only title that comes to mind is "guide to raising your natural enemy", but it's been such a long time since I read that I don't remember it exactly. I think the shou was referred as chubby and cute?
    There are a lot of novels where the shou is mentioned as being chubby and cute, and I guess that kind of fits? But the chubby is used as a synonym for cute most times, and when they say chubby, we all know it's mostly the cheeks (face and you know where) so that the gong can pinch, like the shou is a magical slenderman, with chubby cheeks and a little bulge on the belly, combined with slender legs, arms and neck.

Second one is MC/ML with disabilities. I know it's not common seeing mental health being mentioned in asian BL novels, so I'm not going to expect much other than physical disabilities. It can be also a character that is chronically ill, or is sick for most part of their life.
    I don't mind if at the end of the novel the character gets cured, or idk, he gets an item that makes it way better for him.
    But at least I want to read something that takes in account the disability. Not just something getting treated as a character trait that never gets touched upon and that makes no difference in the story whatsoever, or that makes everyone pity him.
    Also, please no characters that are faking a disability, because then, according to plot, they can just stop faking at any moment.

Only titles that has ML/MC with disability that comes to mind is "Death Progress Bar", "The protagonist and reader have to be in true love", and, "My husband is suffering from a terminal illness."

QT/world hooping/UF is alright if there's an arc that fits any of the criteria, just please tell me which so that I can know how long it'll take me to get there >.>

Thank you for reading.

2. ellie357

ellie357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    all of these are only the second prompt but if u end up finding sth from the first prompt thats good feel free to recommend it to me

after the disabled god of war became my concubine
    • ml is wheelchair bound, mc is sickly
    after a Flash Marriage with the disabled tyrant
    • pretty cool bc theres at least 1 scene that i can remember off the top of my head of ml actually going to rehab for his legs (hes in a wheelchair, paralyzed after a car crash i think)
    married thrice to the salted fish
    • mls “first body” (he transmigrates 3 times hence the title) is really sickly and weak but again its only the first body
    bite your fingertips
    • tw: self harm, depression. i will say that this novel is edgy in the same way that a lot of western ya novels are (think: twilight, city of bones etc) but i still like it anyways
    best of luck

Tahiti and digitalreader like this.
  3. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dare ga Otome Geemu Dato Itta! Sickly MC
    Xia Niangniang MC is blind - be ready to cry :cry:
    Yeho Sickly MC
    Your Kingdom just read it - I wish they were more
    Lord and Dragon (later in the story MC becomes blind- not sure if you will like this one)
    Thin Ice Sickly MC

Beloved Marriage in High Society MC's childhood abuse/ past has caused him to have a low IQ/simple-minded and unable to handle medication
    Little Fool MC has a low IQ/simple-minded after being sick as a child
    The Disabled Tyrant’s Pet Palm Fish [Transmigration] ML is a mute prince
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/mr-dior/ ML ends up suffering from different personalities due to a car accident (the manga is good!)

All my recommendations are BL, let me know if you want any recommendations that are BG novels or if you want any manga recommendations

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    abj2ck and Tahiti like this.
  4. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s Not Easy Being Your Love Rival’s Big Brother He's chubby for the whole book I believe

5. jinstan98

jinstan98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  6. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    "Stray"
    I don't want to spoil things, but the MC definitely has an unconventional body.
    I'm absolutely in love with this novel right now. Loving main power couple that have actual emotions and communicate. Female side characters you actually like and respect. The side characters in general have unique motivations and contribute more to the plot than just a throwaway face slapping. Funny moments. Tragic moments. Warm fluffy moments.
    It's so good.
    Highly recommend.

7. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mental disabilities
    Very Happy -ML has mental issues
    I Just Want to Be in a Relationship -ML has autism
    I am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPG -MC has mental trauma
    I Have Paid Too Much For This Home -ML and MC have mental issues depression mostly
    Live Action Murder Mystery -MC has depression and other mental issues
    The Days I Clear Escape Games Pretending to be an NPC -MC has no emotions

Physical disabilities
    Number One Lazy Merchant of the Beast World -MC can't turn into human form which is a disability in this world
    Grocery Store No.514 -MC is blind
    After Marrying the Wealthy Disabled Tyrant -ML is missing a leg and scarred