Spoiler [BL] Mute Slave by Qiang Tang

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lost Happiness, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: Silent Lover / Mute Slave (哑奴)
    Author: Qiang Tang (羌塘)
    Official: https://m.shubl.com/chapter/chapter_list/100065924
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/silent-lover/
    Manhua: https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/topic/5926
    Tags: Rape, Violence, Non Con, Abuse, Harem Drama, Disabilities, BL, Happy Ending but before that is full of angst and misunderstandings (from my reading progress)

Introduction:
    The Northern Garrison Prince possesses authority that reaches all the way to heaven, surpassing tens of thousands of people. The Northern Garrison Prince is licentious and lustful, not distinguishing between female and male partners, with a brutality beyond compare—though he has taken nine concubines as wives, not a single one managed to survive. This time, the Northern Garrison Prince is interested in the daughter of the prefectural magistrate.

To prevent her fate of being tormented to death by the Northern Garrison Prince—just as the crown prince was switched with a raccoon dog—a mute slave from the magistrate’s residence is sent as a substitute on the marriage sedan. The mute slave was born with the beauty of an exiled immortal, but also the disability of voicelessness; because of his appearance that might attract misfortune, he was locked away in the courtyard by his mother.

Suddenly one day, the prefectural magistrate’s household bestows upon him the name of Shen Yu and sends people to teach him how to serve another before delivering him onto the bed of the “Living King of Hell.” Will he become the tenth ghost to die unjustly under the Northern Garrison Prince’s body?

Cruel prince slag gong x delicate mute slave shou. HE.

MC is a mute whose beauty is more like a curse. This led to his mother to lock him in the courtyard to help him. MC is then used as a substitute to be married to ML whose cruel nature is very well known. MC was taught how to satisfy ML as when ML is in lust mode, he won't be able to differentiate between genders. MC holds this identity as Shen Yu very important because if found out, the whole Shen Family especially his mother would be punished. MC also has a permanent injury on his right wrist from when ML broke his wrist during wedding night and when it sort of healed, the events of him being tied by his wrist and cut sort of aggravated it even more leading to it healing without the bone being in the correct location.

ML is a prince whose sexual drive is so huge that people who he bed usually suffer, including MC. He bed both male and female but the males are just pets on the side without a title. ML is cruel, because when he finds out that MC wants death he used his sword to scar and bleed him. This kind of events was also what led to his previous concubines to die.

MTL Based Spoilers, please take with a hint of salt.
    Also first time making a spoiler thread so, excuse the sad attempt of spoilers.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  3. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, Mute Slave is a better title(and more accurate) than Silent Lover. I wonder why the manga named it that.The latter sounds like they're trying to make it romantic...when the plot sounds angsty :blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:

Curious about how (I presume to be) an abusive relationship would get a happy ending. +1 for spoilers.

4. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Going off what the translator named it. But will input it as well. Angst so far. Will read more and spoil faster. Please excuse my sad attempt.

Viliel and Little Potato like this.
  5. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Just when i got my blog caught up with bl threads :sweating_profusely:

Pokes pokes @Zhen_Qing

Viliel and Zhen_Qing like this.
  6. Little Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, take your time. We appreciate your efforts! Add oil, meanwhile I'll be lurking around:blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

Viliel likes this.
  7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    They’ve got to bait people somehow

Fuyuneko and ludagad like this.
  8. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Very easy to mtl if anyone wants to mtl

After the wedding night, MC needs to pay respects to the Princess Consort(PC) whose sole purpose is to bring misery and advance the plot. MC pays respect, PC first word when she saw MC was calling him a vixen because of his appearance. PC later asks MC about ML night activities which is the whole reason why she tortures MC. (She eagerly wants to bed ML since she was the one who proposed the marriage between each other.) PC asks MC to talk and calls him dumb (mtl) which in the raw meaning is mute. PC slaps MC which results in a split lip when PC thought MC was being quiet on purpose. MC confirms that he is in fact mute, PC laughs and sneers and tells MC to kneel as punishment.

ML comes back to find MC kneeling for hours. PC excuse is that MC is punished for his lack of etiquette and said MC bragged that ML favours him. Later PC says MC is mute which ML knows. (Love how PC says MC bragged that he is favoured when he lacks the ability to speak, loophole right here XD)

ML knows and PC questions him why he still accepted MC. ML didn't like being questioned and when he saw MC split lip, he was angered and told PC that she dares touch his thing. ML proceeds to tell PC that if she dares harm MC again, PC can go back to her kingdom.

PC is the next kingdom's emperor's sister and was the one who asked for his marriage.

MC later attends a banquet because many heard of ML marriage with the number 1 beauty from Shen Family. (MC is currently hiding his identity as a male and pretends to be the Shen Daughter that is widely known for her beauty.) Many of the Officials say ML is hiding MC away and should be brought out. MC is brought out and asked by someone if he has a talent which he proceeds to give a dance that was taught by the teacher Shen Family provided. ML didn't like the Officials oogling MC. MC got hold of a sword decoration and danced with it. The people who saw him liken him to a fairy.

ML later brings MC to a room where his inner thoughts spiralled into him thinking Ml is going to kill him. MC was given a fierce kiss and later ML noticed that MC eyes showed that he has accepted death. ML didn't like that and this led to angst where ML abuse MC by tying MC to the room's structure and using his sword to cut him. ML misunderstood MC's smile (flashback of Mother telling MC to live long and him being taught that man like to see females smile like a flower/appease) MC did so in hopes of getting forgive(MC did this as to appease ML but this led to the opposite effect) ML thought MC was laughing at him and gave MC more cuts.

ML said you want death but this prince won't let you die. MC understood that his intentions were misunderstood and since the result was the same, he won't die, he just endured getting whipped and cut.

(Manhua shows Mc getting cut and later a scene of him hanging and bleeding until morning)

Song Qing came in to help MC apply medicines on MC's wound because ML said so. Song Qing later tells MC that ML doesn't treat the others 1/10th of how he treats MC. MC was questioning and thought maybe ML found out. SQ said that ML likes MC a lot as ML is a very possessive man. (ML is such a slag) MC didn't think ML likes him or else why would he hurt MC. MC thought Song Qing was trying to comfort him. MC learned from the teacher that some men have unique tastes and like to play rough but ML was just plain brutal.

Song Qing brought out some plainer clothes since MC doesn't like fancy ones since he isn't a female and liked it better than the more colourful ones. SQ said this Yun Jin was rewarded to ML by the Emperor and that there was less than 2 ____ (mtl says horse but it is more like the amount of cloth) SQ said ML asked for some to be made for MC. MC's heart was slightly touched because ML is the source of his pain and he was grateful for this action. MC said ML wants him to be bright and beautiful and liked to personally destroy him as his subordinate(mtl very weird don't know how to word it)

沈玉明白了,镇北王希望他明艳好看,又喜欢亲自把他摧残,做他的胯下臣。

I kept wondering when I'll stop only to see that I reached a third of what I've read. Enjoy what there is because the next few chapters would hurt a lot before a little fluff and then angst again.

ML teaching MC how to write and calling MC Yun'er.
    Until PC comes wrecking again.

Whelp got to sleep, I'll continue this tomorrow maybe. School is calling.

Viliel, yfndsh, Mocha_ry and 10 others like this.
  9. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

veihakase, Viliel, CAPSKSKS and 9 others like this.
  10. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Why abuse your heart when there's so much fluff out there :blobbunny:. I'm betting this novel is from a decade ago.

Viliel, Ease, Zhen_Qing and 1 other person like this.
  11. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    https://m.shubl.com/chapter/chapter_list/100065924

This might be the official source and was published in 2018. Seems like the it has more than 100 chapters stated, total of 241 main chapters and 18 extra chapters that is still ongoing. I haven't found other sites that has more than 99.

Viliel likes this.
  12. Little Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is too, navigated around the site and there's a 作者平臺 (author's platform) so it probably may be the original publishing source.

Lost Happiness likes this.
  13. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
  14. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's the official source. This platform is full of novels like this (with new ones out every day) - melodrama, angst, stupid scum gong, stupid weak shou, evil white lotus, misunderstandings, violence, rape, mpreg etc—the trashy novels of the BL genre (where many authors just want their novels to get popular enough to enter VIP and then milk the readers as much as they can with all the cliched drama/misunderstandings they can think of)—but it works because it's the demographic their readers like (sorry for the rant).
    There are some pretty good ones though.

A lot of aggregators don't follow the official numbering. Both of your links look like they have the complete novel (minus extras). The chapter 100 of that ffbook link has 192 parts.

15. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    I see thanks. Didn't know that the platform is full of those genres, since the UI was white and pink. I was pulled in because of the colours.

16. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of feel like I might have exaggerated a bit. There was a novel I was reading but the author dropped it because it wasn't popular enough to become a paid novel. I checked out her new novel and it was a carbon copy of the other trashy novels - but it was way more popular and managed to become a paid novel - I'm still just a bit upset that she dropped an interesting novel just to write a boring novel.

There are a lot of good novels there too.
    For example, this one is pretty good: 全世界都以为我暗恋死对头 (The Whole World Thinks that I Have a Crush on My Sworn Enemy)
    Aggregator link: http://www.mfeik.com/4_4321/
    [​IMG]

By the way, mascots of this platform are adorable:
    [​IMG]

17. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Big love on the mascots.

Thanks, I'll search around the site to see if there are others. Hoping to find unique novels. Also where can I find more of the mascots pictures?

Also http://www.mfeik.com/2_2410/ is the closest to the official source with 16 extras at the moment. (This site was down for me yesterday hence I didn't input it, only found out today.)

18. KazeYuki

Reading List:
    Link
    The only other ones on the website are these:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The app has more (screenshots):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (this one is a running gif of the gong chasing after the shou)
    I've seen a non chibi picture of the mascots on the app before but I can't find it anymore.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  19. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    OwO Nice. Thank you.

20. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lost Happiness likes this.