Spoiler [BL] Muted

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Karry, May 21, 2019.

1. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/muted/

Raw link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1467287
    (Easy to MTL)

Description:
    If there really is a God, if there really is an afterlife; Please give me a home. — Mu Ran

The description may be a bit misleading for some so I'll just clarify that it's not a rebirth (reborn), transmigration thing. It's all happening in his current life.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Hello people! Crying mess here!
    I couldn't really find a spoiler thread for this so I made one so everyone else can cry with me.

Angst and drama. SO MUCH ANGST AND DRAMA IT HURTS SO BAD I CAN'T STOP READING IT.

They first got together because MC used some sort of drug and slept with ML. After that he blackmailed ML into a relationship for 3 years.
    From the trajectory of things, ML pretty much hates MC. So MC isn't completely blame free when it comes to the beginning of the relationship.

The relationship pretty much breaks in the beginning of the first chapter. ML was fucking someone in their apartment when MC came back from a trip for work.

THIS does NOT change the fact that ML is a complete asshole.

He's on his way of redeeming himself but I still have a place in my heart in hating him.
    Later on you realize that everything that ML had done to MC during their time together was to see how far he can get in seeing MC hurt or break (ML never really saw MC cry or get too emotional. Congrats you ass. You did it.)

Our MC is an orphan, he was left at a pretty run-down orphanage. He was adopted and returned three times. The third time around was really bad since he was physically abused by the family. MC is a hard worker. He did his best to study and earn a living as he grew up. Later on in life, he fell in love with ML.

If I remember correctly, ML and MC were friends (or at least good acquaintances(?)) before the whole blackmailing thing went on.

After what he had experienced in the first chapter, MC realized that the way he got ML to go out with him (drug sex and blackmailing) was the shit way to do it and feels terrible about it. MY BABY JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BE ALONE!!!!GODDAMN IT!!!!
    He gives the photos that he used against ML to him saying that he won't use it against him anymore. Some way or another though, the pictures end up at MC's workplace, getting him fired. (I don't think ML did this. No matter how much of an asshole he is.) His apartment also gets liquidated(?) so he's practically homeless.

After a couple days?, he gets knocked out or something, not too sure, and wakes up later to this old woman (who has a mental disability or something along the lines of that) who's trying to take care of him. MC is pretty thrown off by that. We find out that this old woman lost a son, who - if alive today, would be about MC's age - and sort of sees MC as her son. After a while, MC accepts this and is happy to be loved and taken care of by someone. UGH. MY BABY

Happy days don't last though. The old woman is found vomiting blood and we find out she has cancer (what type? Don't remember) Shit happens with MC, ML and this one person who's in love with ML as MC tries to get money from ML for the cancer treatment. MC is stabbed (he stabs himself if I'm remembering things correctly) and is sent to the hospital by ML.

Here we find out that the old woman died in a car accident after trying to go after and find MC.
    MC's heart shatters at this point because the only person who ever showed him love and care is gone. He tries to kill himself after that. Not successful.

At this point, MC is just like a empty shell. (ML thought at first that MC was pretending to act like this to get ML again. this ass.) He won't respond to anything and would try to kill himself to follow the old woman if he isn't strapped down.

Read it. And share my pain. I'm crying so hard for MC. THERE BETTER BE GROVELING COMING FROM ML OR IM GUNNA SCREAM LIKE A BANSHEE

I'M LEGIT CRYING WHILE I'M WRITING THIS. I CAN'T. I JUST CAN'T WITH ALL THIS. SOMEONE SHARE THE PAIN WITH ME
    Can you tell that I'm very much emotionally invested in this. My agony for MC. My anger for ML. I'm so emotional
    @Zhen_Qing I hope this is enough spoilers for calling the sect.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Nah, psychofreak, juanexbi and 23 others like this.
  2. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML IS STILL AN ASSHOLE!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH JUST!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MC DOESN'T DESERVE THIS!!!!!!!!!! HNNNNNNNNNNNG

I am sorry. I'm just pouring my emotions here without explaining why.

MC got better under ML's care but doesn't really remember it. After a while of just awkwardness between them, ML (with his possessive behavior) took MC to meet his friends (who are all assholes who despise MC).
    Bad luck happens, they meet ML's ex-boyfriend (I'm pretty sure it's a dude......No yeah it's a guy.). ML's attitude changes a bit which MC notices. Shit happens and ML kisses the ex (mtl-ed as Jian Ning/Jane).
    Probably to rile MC or at least gauge this reaction. ASSHOLE
    MC comes to the understanding that they are lovers. Some other guy who's name I don't remember that sort of knows what happened to MC an tries to clear things up but just makes things worse. MC is determined to move out.

MC goes back to ML's place (since they were living together while ML was taking care of him) and packs things up. He can't leave the place without ML's permission though (the security guards? said so at least) so he waits for ML to return.

ML comes back drunk with JN helping him out. While MC goes to fetch ML a glass of water (or wet towel don't remember), JN takes care of ML. Since MC was the one who usually took care of him, in his drunken state, ML pushed JN down, kissing his neck and such. This is the scene that MC comes back to. MC quickly leaves, thinking to give them space. JN takes ML back to his room but since ML still thinks he's MC, he doesn't let go.

From here, I can pretty much guess that JN still has feelings for ML. After ML wakes up, he realizes that he's holding JN and not MC. He sees the hickey(s) on JN's neck and panics. Runs off to MC. Sees that MC is all packed, wanting to leave and gets pissed. Drags MC out to his car and drives off (probably to create a private space or something. IDK what this ass is thinking.)

Conversation happens. ML sees that a car is heading towards them and slams on the breaks. Too late though. Last thing that happened was MC covering ML's body, shielding him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! JUST LET ME PUNCH YOU!! LET MY ANGER JAB YOU!!!!!!

Before the scene above happened,
    One of the relatives for the old woman (pretty sure it's her daughter) who also knows MC came over to ML's house to see MC. She was in tears when see saw MC. She explained what happened during the duration MC stayed with her and the old woman (whom MC also calls Mom. MC YOU SWEET CHILD).

She also returns the bag of money (whatever money he was able to make before finding out about the old woman's cancer). MC, in his blank, empty state, sees the bag and starts crying. There wasn't any, visible emotional change. His face was still blank and emotionless, but tears just kept flowing out. ML who sees this, places the yellow bag of money on MC's hand, and MC just clutches on to it.

At least ML knows he's an asshole.

I'm sorry for those who was understandable spoilers. It's all over the place. I'm just too overcome with emotions to even do that.

3. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm such a huge softie. I'm currently on chapter 64 and I can't summon up any anger towards ML. At this point he's too pitiful. Him and MC both are.

..........................That doesn't mean I completely forgive him. He know's that he completely fucked up when he finds out that MC doesn't believe him when he (ML) tells him (MC) he loves him with all the bullshit MC went through.

MC finds a kid (I think the kid's a girl) who's been badly abused by her family and decided to adopt her. (No worries, ML doesn't have any bad reactions to her)

I know I'm skipping out on a bunch of important stuff so if any of you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Snarkywife, Avrohom, Ivivivi and 14 others like this.
  4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    I knew it. As soon as I read the summary, I was like... "Ok, this is gonna be a painful ride. Better stack up chapters first."
    Yep, it's enough, thanks for the poke~!
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @rottenmushroom801
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @324722

5. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After the car accident, ML, who was shielded by MC got off with light injuries, the biggest being the large wound he got on his leg. MC was in a more critical condition, though I don't remember the injuries he got (something about his ribs and lungs is all I remember). ML's father sort of finds out about MC (investigated him, so his past and the blackmail stuff is out) as has MC sent away after MC heals up. MC willingly obliges.

ML who finds out that MC disappeared frantically searched for him to no success and then confronts his dad about it. ML's dad tells him that he investigated MC and thinks that he isn't a good person so he sent him away. ML kept telling his dad that he wants to be with MC which pisses the dad off so much he starts beating ML till he bleeds. This results in him being sent to the hospital again after his mother saw his condition.

Later, ML and his dad have a deal where, if ML contributes to the family (like with the business and stuff) and still wants MC after a year, then he'll tell ML where MC is. The dad thinks that ML's obsession is because MC save him and that ML would lose interest soon enough. ML thinks that the conditioned time is too long.

Tough luck for the dad, ML works his ass off but not without consequences. ML doesn't eat much anymore and is constantly working. He can't sleep without taking sleeping pills. This worsens his pre-existing stomach condition and ends up going to the hospital again for surgery. ML's mom is absolutely furious at dad for this.

ML's mom decides that she's had enough and calls the dad's secretary for MC's location and tells ML.
    Right after he finished his surgery, ML immediately goes over to where MC is staying at, but because he was out with his daughter, ML ended up waiting 2 hours outside the place and ends up with a fever, ONCE AGAIN sending him to the hospital.

After MC came out from surgery, ML was constantly by MC's side. Taking care of MC like he did when MC was like an empty shell, like feeding him.

(He became more patient and less temperamental as he took care of MC when he was like an empty shell. You really start to see a change in his emotions during this period.)

ML even did his work in MC's room. Never left his side unless he had to for things like family or more pressing work.

There's so much hospital scenes guys. So much, I'm not even joking. It's more than what you would see in a Korean Drama.

Also, THERE'S NO COMMUNICATION OR JUST PLAIN MISCOMMUNICATION BETWEEN ML AND MC. I mean, it's not to an EXTREMELY frustrating point (at least to me) but the huge misunderstandings that are left behind from that are just, HNNNNNNG.

juanexbi, Peachiii, Ivivivi and 19 others like this.
  6. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to show that ML actually realizes the stupid shit he did to MC, here's a snippet of a scene after ML got sent to the hospital after getting the fever from waiting outside MC's house:
    Yi Tian heard that Xu Wei had no voice, and he was silent. The hand holding the mobile phone was tight, and when he spoke, he whispered a little, even with a pleading tone. "Xu Wei, how..." He paused. "How can I let Mu Ran believe me?" He always swayed high and high, and he was so helpless. But Mo Ran’s departure and refusal made him panic, and he had the heart to worry about his self-esteem and pride.
      Xu Wei looked at the phone in a strange way, and even began to wonder if the opposite person was Yi Tian. For a long while, she shook her head and showed a helpless smile. "Yi Tian, Mo Ran is a self-esteem person. He has never put himself and you in the same position since he met you. He is not confident in himself. Plus the things you have done to him, let him feel that he is incompetent."
      Xu Xu thought that later He Xudong took the initiative to confess how they used to be Mo Lun, the voice became a little indifferent, "You still remember. How did you treat him before? Let him wait for a day in a strange place to be humiliated. He was tied to a chair and sealed with a tape to see you go to bed with others... and dumb mother, how did she die? I don’t need to help you remember it again?” Xu Wei knew that Lin Han had tied Mo Ran, but she didn’t know that Lin Han still wanted to gang rape him. He Xudong has been carefully guarding this secret, and he is afraid that Xu will know that he will go straight to kill Lin Han.
      In the past, Yi Tian never dared to think, he even deliberately avoided, but Xu Wei would not sympathize with him. Every word she exported was like a knife, and slowly inserted into Yi Tian heart. Yi Tian couldn't help but bow up and his face became pale.
      Xu Weiben thought that Yi Tian would rebut, and even thought that their dialogue would be disappointing again, but she paused for a long time and did not hear Yi Tian’s voice. From the phone, only the repressed, painful breathing sound.
      Xu Wei sighed in his heart, and his voice was a little calmer. "The wrong things he had done before, he also bears the corresponding consequences. But he is personal and self-respecting. Whether you love him or not, you should respect him, don't Always tough underground command, to him to call it to go."
      Yi Tian listened to Xu Wei's words, suddenly thought that he went to find Mo Ran in the middle of the night, Mo Ran did not want to stay in his arms, he threatened "again I am here on you." Thinking of him taking Mu Ran to eat, Lu Yuan insulted him. He not only refused to help him, but even kissed Jane in front of him. When he thought of Mo Ran’s departure from home, he forced the man into the car and satirized him. “Or do you prefer to watch me go to bed with others?” I thought that Mo Ran was forced to tremble with him, saying “I’m if If you
      are entangled with you, I will not die." Yi Tian closed his eyes, and the blue veins on his back blew out, and several small blood lines fell in his palm. For a long while, he turned to the phone and his voice was hoarse to the extreme. "I know, thank you."
      Xu Wei was silent. The last sentence was, "Yi Tian, please be good to him."

------------------------------------------------
    Xu Wei a person from a hospital to took care of MC after he lost the old woman. XW is really someone who you can just go 'HECK YEAH!!! YOU TELL THAT DUMBASS!!!!!'
    I think XW really helped in kicking ML in the ass about MC's situation and stuff. Also the only person to truly be by MC's side besides the old woman.

I'm too emotionally invested in this novel.

7. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    I think maybe because I'm only reading your spoilers, so I don't feel like the ML is such an a**hole. I can see that what he did was really horrible, but like you mentioned, their lovers relationship got off at a bad start. I rather detest ML's ex-bf for going along with ML's drunken advances, because ML's intoxicated and misunderstood him for MC.

And, I kind of get this. Because my boyfriend once flirted with a bunch of girls in front of me, to see my reaction. I was the impassive kind of girlfriend, and he was used to girlfriends with more emotional expressions, so... he was like, "Are you jealous?" and I was like, "Not really. Because I knew you weren't serious about them." Mostly I implied that I trust him to be faithful to me, and after that, he never flirt with anyone anymore. If he has to go out with his girl friends, he'll inform me so that I don't misunderstand. :blob_coffee:

8. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the whole blackmailing into a relationship stuff, ML always ignored MC and stuff. Like I mentioned before, in the first chapter, MC finds (hears) ML fucking someone in there apartment. ML knew MC was going to be there, he wasn't even surprised when he saw MC back home from the trip.
    There was also a small flashback (from ML) to when ML's shit friends texted MC over to this one hotel?(a vacation place ML and his friends were staying at) using his phone. They turned ML's phone off afterwards and just watched as MC came running over, worried for ML (since his friends turned his phone off). ML was also just watching that all happen and MC just ended up staying outside for hours until his skin turned red.

Honestly, it's more frustrating to read than when I'm explaining it. :blobsweat_2:
    I would go back to find every part that made me mad but I really don't want to go through that emotional roller coaster again.

9. Japorea

Japorea Resident BL Enthusiast

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG is this HE or BE? Hoping it would be HE so I could live in peace! :blobsob: I'm such a sucker for angst with happy endings.

Karry likes this.
  10. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, once you go into details like this, I also started to hate ML. From the MTL extract of chapter 64, is it true the implication that ML stood aside while MC was nearly rape?

11. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read this! But I was more hateful towards ML because at first I didn't really know that MC drugged him to get the photos (I did MTL and got the impression some friends gave them drugs but after I read a comment I was "so it was actually like that" and became confused and conflicted because I thought MC was a completely saint for the whole story)

12. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, It's a HE. It's the usual 'things get worse before they get better' type of situation. The direction the story's currently heading towards is definitely a HE. (I'm almost towards the end of the novel)

From what I remember, No he did not. I think he came in and stopped it before MC was about to get raped. Though he did say a lot of things like 'don't make me lose face' and shit like that. (though it was mostly towards the person who sent MC to get raped. mtl-ed as Lin Han, the guy also liked ML so LH despised MC.)

13. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is why I stated that MC isn't completely blameless.
    But he sure as hell didn't deserve everything that followed up.

What I do like at least is that both MC and ML recognize what they did wrong and try to do better.

IT'S NOTHING BUT DOG BLOOD HERE!!:blobsob::sweating_profusely:

14. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel should comes with warning like how "Perfect Match" does. Based on its summary, I thought it was light-hearted, but then, the NSFW warning beside the first chapter title had me going to the TOC page, and read the rest of the warnings. :sweating_profusely:

TomiNdumplings, Saikyi and Karry like this.
  15. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The summary was too short that I just knew that there was something fishy going on. But I read it anyways and look where I am now. sobs.:blob_teary::blobcry:

midnight reader likes this.
  16. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    I had the exact same reaction towards the summary... :blob_patpat:

Still, thank you so much for the spoilers~!

Karry likes this.
  17. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had to read it again to have present that MC drugged him but due to my first reading I wasn't able to separate MC "only did blackmail"(which is not good) to "MC drugged him" for some time.

Now I don't see MC as a saint but still feel like some of the thing ML did were too much. For example when he stated that he only slept with other people to see MC hurt because otherwise he wasn't interest in sex .

The worst part is that I feel that it was implied that with a little bit more of time they would develop a relationship? Like there's this part where it's described how ML gave MC some gifts after returning from his overseas trips and how MC went to his home.

I don't know if it was an unofficial extra but I read some extras about their future, like 10/15 years in the future.

18. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah ah no can do, this level of stabbing each other to see a reaction is gone too far imo. Although MC is wrong for blackmailing but things after that should be cut and cleaned... mc got his just desserts when ml would push him to that point but they shouldn’t have come back together again afterwards... it’s just too much pain and torture from my impression... ml could’ve used some other method, cheating is the absolute worse method.

Sometimes i say or do things to see a reaction from my husband, but never cheating in any shape or form... that’s the kind of pain that would make a person not trust again... and if you love someone you should never test them with that method... that’s akin to stabbing them with a hot knife and twisting it.

19. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's these things that really gets me. They had a really good thing going on but then MC ruins it with the drug and blackmail. Don't remember if it was stated in the novel or not but it's probably because ML had everything MC didn't have which lowered his self-esteem into doing those things. Thinking that he wasn't a match for ML but still wanted him.

I haven't gotten towards the end so I don't know about the extra and if it's there or not.

20. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first/second chapter after MC says that they should break up ML basically replied 'were we ever dating?'
    basically stating that he was only with him because of what he had done.

After all this, ML is surprisingly fixated on MC and doesn't pay much attention to others (And that ML was transitioning from being a huge son of an ass douche to a repentant man in the process of taking care of MC. Of course, that doesn't change that MC is an idiot and that ML is a douchebag asshole. )