(BL) My raw danmei list

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by gnessa14, Jul 23, 2019.

1. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can't find anything, let me know...

Harrr and Deleted member 125960 like this.
  2. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading Reborn as a Human Furnace (more like skimming with lots of page downs for plot). It is surprisingly wordy, and in spite of the action I'm more interested in the plot behind MC.
    I feel like it is dragging a lot; right now I'm reading about the several lives of MC? I just want to know why MC is considered bad because he stopped MLs from reaching apex of life.

Edit: Added spoiler tag.
    Also finished it and I guess I'm less confused, but I skimmed so much. At least it was HE.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  3. Deleted member 125960

Deleted member 125960 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    PM, please... AAH. :facepalm:

Just... please.

(N.O. S.P.O.I.L.E.R.S. P.L.S. T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U.)

Iz ded.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2020
  4. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Added spoiler tag.

5. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if you're mixing "Qing Ping Continent Record" with "Reborn as a Human Furnace" because in "Reborn as a Human Furnace", I'm not seeing the part where "MC is considered bad because he stopped MLs from reaching apex of life".

6. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @gnessa14
    Tiandao said that ML's regrets from their previous life prevented them from ascending. Like, they were sent to the human world as a final test to when they first met MC, but each decided not to go on. So Tiandao said they should have passed, but all of them failed in order to find MC in the life when he decided to have no feelings in current lifetime, which hurt them even more because MC abandoned each ML (???). So Tiandao gave MC another body because of this cause and effect so that these famous cultivation masters Jian Jun, Long Jun, Xin Jun/Xian Jun, and Yao Jun could release their regrets. This is what I gathered from skimming.

7. Deleted member 125960

Deleted member 125960 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  8. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds right to me. MC got hurt in the previous lives with the MLs and always died so in the main life, all he wanted was to live with no attachment. The MLs didn't hate MC and they wanted to revive him. The history between the MC and MLs were revealed via MC's visions. MC abandoned the two sons once he started developing feelings. For the ML1 from the righteous sect, MC saved him at first because he felt that ML1 was like him and they stayed together for a few years. However, since MC was still a demonic cultivator, he knew their relationship wouldn't last so he took the initiative and nearly killed ML1. For the blind ML, MC didn't do anything to him. Instead, said ML got deceived, captured and tortured MC.

9. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clarification about ML1 (sword) and ML4 (demon, one of the "sons"). I didn't understand why ML4 was abandoned.

I started Qing Ping Continent Road on gongzicp, and already MC has the hallmarks of being a scum in the past. But it is not as difficult to read through compared to my skimming of Reborn As a Human Furnace.

10. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember via MTL, MC knew ML4 had devil qi in him so he raised ML4 as a mortal and didn't teach him any cultivation. So when MC was well again, MC just told him goodbye. ML4 was always a little wrong in the head with split personalities and couldn't accept it.

Btw, you shouldn't read the other novel on gongzicp because it censors anything above PG-13.

lailai and Deleted member 125960 like this.
  11. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooohhhhhh so that is what happened. Thanks! Now I better understand.
    I should pay attention when author says in summary these novels have no logic.

12. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished Qing Ping Continent Road. The ending was a surprise. I actually recommend this just because of the way it ended. Funny enough there is also a Zhihu thread about its ending.

13. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read the extra with happy ending for the bro and MC? Also, did you like the other novel (Reborn as a Human Furnace)?

14. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What there is am extra? I tried looking for extra (it wss how I found the Zhihu thread). Going to keep scouring internet!

I liked both of them even thouvh they were each frustrating in their own ways. Reading them side by side helped highlight two different ways to handle np sotuations where there is a karmic debt involved.

15. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    I sent you a link with the extra via PM. Should be chapter 76.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  16. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!

I feel like the author's writing skills shot up immensely in the last two chapters and this extra. It was really poignant when Feng Ning said that he and Feng Jue can't be like before, since Feng Ning is now fettered by responsibilities of his tribe and tangled with different love interests (in past was just Feng Jue before falling to mortal realm) and had mistreated Feng Jue so much.

That the whole novel ended up being a "story" told by the attendants surprised me! No wonder the title is named the way it is. I was definitely really heartwarmed the ending. I know some would want more smut, but the emotions and plot really hit me deeply. I plan to reread this more carefully in the future.

17. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i really liked this. It was not too dog blood. Feels like a feel good revenge. I like how MC is dedicated to his goal to live happily.

@gnessa14

Heungbo and gnessa14 like this.
  18. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely fun to read. I usually don't like face slapping or revenge stories because MC always seems really mean and vicious. This MC is cute and funny with his so-called 'revenge'. The MLs are happy to help him.

I haven't found anything decent to read lately.

19. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Earned Favors II not completed? I started to read it and rushed to the end to know if mc have a happy ending with ml or if ml have some kind of retribution but I did not know if the novel is finished because the last chapter I find was about ml getting engaged with another guy...

If it is possible, could you share some spoilers on this novel? Does ML has a missunderstanding over MC? Who was the true culprit of ML's rage? Who was that guy Fu Nan, was him the true culprit?

20. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    I think story is finished but the author posted the last few chapters on their weibo (using screenshots) so I can't read and don't know what's going on.

https://weibo.com/u/5316048082