Recommendations BL Novel Recommendations

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Trirain, May 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Trirain

Trirain Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for recommendations of BL novel with a shou protagonist and a decent amount of fluff. Good-world building, and a fantasy element.

2. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure as to what type of MC or ML you're looking for... so I'll do my best to describe them.

Game Loading - Each of the "arcs" has good world-building. It has world-hopping, but it's not a transmigration story. MC is not the ruthless, black-bellied type, but he's very relatable and intelligent. ML is... the most whipped boyfriend ever lmaooo. I can't say anymore about him due to spoilers. The translation speed is also incredible (because it's by RainbowTurtle).

I'm Not Shouldering This Blame - The world building is great, and I like the idea that the world they're in is a "book." (Not a spoiler, it's literally in the summary...) There isn't a lot of fluff, since their lives are at risk, but the relationship growth is one of the best. No abrupt love-at-first-sight trope here. MC is the cold, stoic type. ML is the patient and calm type.

The Legendary Master's Wife - It's xuanhuan. I think the world-building is pretty decent, with an emphasis on pill-making. There isn't a lot of fluff, but the MC and ML banter a lot and basically acted like a married couple lol. Some issues which may bother you though: There is a unequal power dynamic between the MC and ML. ML is overpowered compared to MC (and the gap never really is closed) and ML makes fun of MC's IQ a lot. MC is "naive" because he's originally from Earth, so his mindset is unsuitable for the dog-eat-dog xuanhuan world. He does eventually adapt and gets strong though. Personally, I don't consider their relationship to be toxic, because both of them are quite good for each other... but some people might not agree, so read at your own discretion.

3. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    readerz likes this.
  4. SummerNightStar

SummerNightStar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you to read Love You 59 Seconds on Wattpad, the translator just finished updated the story again (the story was disappeared because wattpad error before), it's really a good novel and also fluffy