Spoiler (BL) Old Injury 陈伤

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by gnessa14, Jul 16, 2019.

1. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the summary.

I dont think ill read this. Too much angst, but good story. Im glad i read the summary.

Thanks.
    ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

Xu Zhiqing, Heungbo and gnessa14 like this.
  2. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @gnessa14 for the spoilers, and sect leader for pinging me.
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22
    @Zennie_613
    @324722

maya_sov, Selax, Kleep and 3 others like this.
  3. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No more extras?
    Did the xia family ever suffer for everything they did
    What about the parent romance

renieRabbit likes this.
  4. Jadeite524

Jadeite524 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler. Personally i will not read this type of story as it is too much angst for me as reading danmei is a way for me to relax.

Purplerules, Xu Zhiqing and Heungbo like this.
  5. Hanaru

Hanaru comfort me

Reading List:
    Link
    en,thanks for spoilers~
    it would be better with tragedy ending tbh.. like both ml and mc died leaving only new born child~
    MC dies due to childbirth and ML due to forced mutilation

daviemae and Alice-sama like this.
  6. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very for your spoilers. I found the story to be interesting as its quite different from usual dog blood dramas where u can't help face palm at their stupidity . In here all the drama and the misunderstandings had a reason . Yes theML was a douche to MC but thats what keeps story going to see how he would suffer when he realizes his mistakes and the truth . And personally I like MC's character , that's what balances the drama of story and makes it more readable than other such novels with stupid and pushover MC. Reading the summaries I get the same feelings from this novel like that from Transmigrated into an ABO world , where the MC is also a beta .
    I may read this novel sometime when I crave for a dog blood drama with a sane MC ., though for now I'm satisfied with the summaries only .

Xu Zhiqing, HesheFell and gnessa14 like this.
  7. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Six months went by. MC worried about sick!ML since he didn't know if ML had a normal cold or other issues due to the gland removal. MC made some orange juice for ML who didn't want to drink the sour thing. MC said if ML drank it, he could eat a strawberry pudding. Obediently ML drank it, then grabbed MC and kissed him, saying he wasn't a kid like Song Mo. He needed a more direct reward. When MC went to the kitchen, he saw Song Mo playing with their youngest, an omega girl named Ning Xi (NX) in the living room. MC gave Song Mo a strawberry pudding and asked him about school. SM had been put in a good private school that promoted equality. When ML came, MC asked if ML wanted a pudding and went to the kitchen where ML hugged him, saying that if he knew those who don't get sick usually have a hard time when they do. ML kissed him, saying he still had a wish so he would not die. MC told ML not to use the word 'death' and asked ML what wish he got. ML said he would not leave MC before the wish was fulfilled.
    - They attended a dinner party. ML told MC about a few people, including a promicuous alpha, still unbound and not married. Said alpha came over to talk. He said MC made him feel good because his eyes were familiar, like the eyes of his former lover. ML was angry. MC dragged ML to the terrace. ML smoked and asked MC why. MC asked if he didn't pull ML away, what ML was gonna do. ML said, "Beat him up." MC appeased him. ML still wanted to push the guy into the toilet. They got a phone call from the babysitter telling them to come back early because Ning Xi wouldn't stop crying and SM cried because of her. They asked for permission from Luo Qinghe and left.
    - MC tried to pat her but whenever he stopped, kid cried even harder. ML wanted to try and held the kid awkwardly. He went, "Stop crying. What's so sad that you cry like this? Your brother is crying because of you. You'll be drowned if you cry any more." Kid stopped crying and slept in ML's arms. ML ended up sleeping while sitting up with the kid because kid would cry if separated from ML. In the middle of the night, MC got some warm milk for the kid but let ML feed her instead. MC thought that betas couldn't produce milk naturally and remembered the period when NX was just born and ML kept playing with his nipples trying to get milk... Once NX was full, MC gave ML a few kisses. In the morning, daddy Luo called, checking up on NX. NX no longer cried now so MC put her in her room. ML fell asleep. Later, Luo Mengbai (the family's doctor and MC's cousin) came to check on NX.
    - Song Yu (SY) returned from his travel to visit them. Song Mo was very happy to see his grandfather who often video chatted with him. The family had a few bonding moments. NX called ML 'papa'. SY asked Song Mo about the first word NX said. Song Mo replied that it was 'brother' because he'd taught her. SY wanted to hear her call 'grandpa' and Song Mo told him he would teach NX.
    - Daddy Luo tried to introduce a bill to permit alpha's and omega's gland removal but it didn't pass due to insufficient statistical data. However, clinical study on the issue was approved. Public opinions were conflicted on the matter.
    - On NX's birthday, MC made a cake. MC's singer friend (Liang QiuYang) volunteered to sing a song. The adults put a bunch of random things around NX and let the girl play. Every time NX picked up something, they would make comments. NX picked up money, lipstick, then SM's baseball bat to whack a ragdoll. ML said in MC's ear, "She's really like me. I don't have to worry about her being bullied in the future." Inside, MC was like... my girl seems to inherit ML's violent gene. She's going to be a little bully. Near the end of the party, MC looked at the scene around and thought that this might be the so-called happiness. QiuYang told MC he wanted a daughter like Song Mo. Later, the band played a song and QiuYang danced with Luo Mengbai. ML invited MC to dance. MC said he only knew the lead dance steps. ML said no problem because he could do the other steps.
    - After 3 years, Liang QiuYang and Luo Mengbai were going to get married. The study passed clinical trials and the bill passed. However, only single and divorced adults were allowed to undergo the surgery. There were still protests from the conservatives. LQ had a surgery before he showed up in public to deliver his statement.
    - NX grew up as a healthy but chubby girl. The doctor told MC to control her weight.
    - On Liang QiuYang and Luo Mengbai's wedding, Song Mo (who was 10) had an asthma attack but he still want to come to the party. ML was busy and would be late. At the party, girl acted spoiled, asking SM for cake. MC told her not to bother SM. Girl screamed and cried. SM begged MC to let NX have cake. MC said no. SM comforted his sister and she stopped crying. When QiuYang greeted MC, SM took the opportunity to bail with his sister to eat. QiuYang told MC that Yan Ling (the young master from the Yan family who married and divorced Zhu Li) came to Luo Mengbai's place for gland removal. MC asked about Zhu Li because if the alpha partner removed the gland, the omega would still go into heat until he underwent the same surgery. QiuYang said Zhu Li handled his heats with inhibitors.
    - ML showed up to the wedding with his mother (SY). He asked about the kids and MC said they went to eat. ML, who had no opinion on NX's diet, asked if MC was soft again. The four chatted for a bit but got interrupted by a commotion. NX was beating up a little omega boy. MC pulled her up. Song Mo tried to shield his sister. SY and QiuYang helped the other kid and MC realized the kid looked like Zhu Li.
    - SM told MC that when he was getting the last piece of strawberry cake for NX, the boy pulled his clothes, asking for it. SM asked him if he wanted a different piece of cake. Boy turned nasty and called SM 'ugly'. NX called boy ugly back and the boy called her 'fat' so they fought.
    - Now, the two little kids yelled at each other again. ML told NX not to make trouble and went, "Next time, you'll get a chance to continue." MC was like... continue what? What kind of nonsense is ML teaching their child? Yan Ling showed up and the boy ran to him. MC apologized and Liang QiuYang tried to explain. Yan Ling took the boy to ML who was with NX and asked his child to apologize. Boy held back tears and struggled out his apology. NX also said sorry. Yan Ling nodded and walked away with the boy who immediately changed his attitude and turned to make an ugly face at them.
    - The team except MC and ML went to fix the girl's messed up appearance. When they got back, NX asked ML if she was beautiful. ML said, "Beautiful." Song Mo asked ML if NX was the most beautiful. ML said no. "Your mom is the most beautiful." Kid said, then she was the second most beautiful. The wedding ceremony happened and the two spouses exchanged rings. Later, ML's mom got drunk. Next day, MC called him and after a few times Daddy Luo grudgingly picked up, telling MC that SY was still sleeping.
    - MC had accepted an apprentice at his cake shop. MC's shop often received orders from people at ML's company. If the order was from ML, MC usually did the delivery. This time, ML put in a big order. MC rode his bike to ML's company and saw a gray car being badly controlled and almost hitting an old man. The car just drove away. MC made sure the old man was ok before he biked away. Arriving at the company, MC saw the same car and tried to inform the owner about the accident. Guy asked if MC wanted to blackmail him, saying he was already pretty generous for not asking the old man to pay for the scratch on his car and a beta like MC should mind his own business.
    - MC went to ML's office to deliver the cakes while he waited for ML outside the conference room. Soon, the HR girl and bad guy came out of the elevator. HR girl told the guy to wait for ML who would personally interviewed him. Soon, ML came out of the meeting room. Guy tried to introduce himself. ML ignored him and suggested that MC should let the driver pick him up next time instead. MC went nope and ML poked his forehead.
    - The HR girl faked a cough to subtly remind ML about the interviewee. ML asked, "What's your name?" Guy introduced himself again and tried to get a handshake. ML took his resume, telling MC he wasn't allowed to leave before ML came out of the office. MC asked the assistant if the meeting was over. She said nope, only a tea break. 10 mins later, ML walked out. The assistant led the guy away. ML asked MC what was wrong with the guy and MC told him the story. ML stared at the supervisor who had tried to convince ML to hire the guy. Scared, the supervisor told ML he would not to let the guy to show up in front of ML again. ML asked MC why he didn't tell the guy his real identity. MC asked what identity? ML grabbed MC's waist. MC said something like, "Oh, you meant Mrs. Song identity?" ML got a bit childish, "Oh, you're Ning Yu first, then Song Ning and Song Mo's mom, and then Xu Meiren's baker, and finally Sing Bailu's spouse?" MC corrected him, saying all of these identities were important to him. ML: "I am important to you?" MC: "Well, you're very important."
    - Later at night, MC went upstairs to find his little girl and overheard his mother-in-law explaining to his ex-husband on the phone that he was drunk that night so it didn't mean anything just like alphas and omegas during heat. He couldn't control himself. MC mouthed 'dinner' at SY who hung up the phone. NX said, "Fight again after dinner?" (lol This little girl is so wrong.)
    - ML got home at 9pm after the kid had fallen asleep. ML asked if MC wanted to find some time to travel with him. ML stripped in front of MC and went to the bathroom. MC cleaned up after ML and went to the bathroom to deliver new clothes. ML was in the bathtub. MC thought ML was sick and came over to check ML's forehead. ML asked what happened. MC told him. ML said he was healthy and if MC wanted to try. Then MC got dragged into the bathtub...
    - SY left to travel again. LQ was busy as a member of the House of Representatives and couldn't come to say goodbye. MC decided not to tell ML about his parents' relationship.
    - The family had a vacation at an island. At the beach, NX asked why dad and mom had paintings. MC figured out that she meant their tattoos. MC explained that adults could get their favorite patterns on their skin. NX said she wanted an elephant painting when she grew up. MC asked why an elephant. She said the elephant was the biggest in the forest. Other animals were scared of the elephant and when the elephant got angry, it could step on them. MC didn't get how girl was violent even though the environment she grew up in was clean and healthy.
    - Zhu Li greeted MC and MC felt that it was fated that they met here. After the divorce, Zhu Li was compensated handsomely. However, his father got a stroke and the Zhu family's company wasn't doing as well as before. Zhu Li asked if MC hadn't seen his mother for a long time, told MC that his mother was hiding Daddy Zhu and asked him to tell his mother to be smart and not provoke him. MC said it got nothing to do with him. Soon, Zhu Li's little boy showed up and called MC 'ugly mother'. Zhu Li patted the boy's head and told him that even if it was true, he shouldn't say his thoughts. He needed to be nice to people to easily get what he wanted. MC realized where the boy's nasty personality came from.
    - Zhu Li sent the kid away to the babysitter and told MC that his ex didn't want him to see his kid anymore because of the bad influence but allowed him to take the kid here after he said it was the last time. Zhu Li asked MC if MC thought he was pitiful. MC laughed, "Why do you think I will always pay attention to your business?" Zhu Li didn't believe him, saying ever since MC's kindness was disgusting to him. He was the opposite of MC because he wanted to trample on those he hated and used others as stepping stones to climb to success. Zhu Li told MC to deliver words to ML that he would soon take charge of the Zhu family's energy company soon.
    - Later, MC told ML he met Zhu Li. ML sneered, "He wanted to beat me in the business?" MC wasn't convinced, afraid of Zhu Li's tricks. ML asked if MC didn't trust his ability. MC said he believed him. ML went to ask for a hotel change and thus they didn't meet Zhu Li again.
    - They went fishing on a yacht. MC found NX lying on the bed, telling SM, "Brother, under the window sill of my room, there is a box of chocolates. Don't forget to eat it when you go back... Then tell grandpa Luo, grandpa Song and grandpa Xia, I love them forever." SM shed some tears, "Sister, don't say this. I'm worried about you." MC was like... kid, you just got seasickness. Later, MC told ML about the kid's dramatic last words and ML laughed. Well, kid just overate. Later, ML taught NX fishing and deliberately teased her. NX sullenly said she hated him. ML said, "It doesn't matter. Your mom likes me." Kid: "I lied to you. I love you." ML: "I love you too." Once the two kids played with each other, MC went to sit next to ML and put his head on ML's shoulder. ML said he liked MC and that MC also liked him so just stop deceiving himself. When the yacht returned to the shore, there was a big wave and NX got seasick for real. She called Luo to tell him she thought about him a lot and that he should not forget him. Kid tried to call SY but couldn't connect and called her grandpa Xia instead. Guy seemed to give her some Buddism lesson.

8. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    - It'd been six years. Daddy Luo was running for Presidency. While he still had oppositions, he becamae quite popular and considered as one of the pioneers. Due to his bill on gland removal, alphas and omegas could divorce and choose their partners. Researchers had also made great progress toward their study of c20 and it was estimated that it would be cured in 2-3 years. Betas' social status had improved and with the reduced discrimination, betas were no longer subjected to occupational restriction. The Xias bribed a congressman, a presidental candidate who was soon found to be corrupted. ML held a meeting and kicked all the Xia people out of the board due to the scandal involving the congressman.
    - Song Ningxi was in second grade. She chose to write an essay about her family for an assignment.
    NX's essay, titled "My Family":

"My family consists of my father, mother, brother, and other people.

Dad is very bad, always bullying me. He's very busy with work and sometimes goes home very late. Every time my father works overtime, my mother will wait for him to come back to sleep. My brother and I can't because my mother says that children must go to bed early and wake up early. Actually, I know that they often hide from me to eat delicious at night.

Once I dreamed that I was eating a roasted chicken at night. I got hungry, went downstairs and saw that they were eating strawberry cream cakes in the kitchen! Dad didn't only eat but also fed mother with his mouth. When mom finally didn't want to eat, dad used his fingers to put cream on mom's mouth and then the cream got everywhere. So wasteful. I went downstairs and said to them, "Don't eat. Give it to me instead. I'm a little hungry." They were shocked by me and my mother almost pushed my father down. My father's face was black. Dad, the madman, refused to share the cake and took me back to the bedroom, asking me to go to bed. Although I love him very much, he's really annoying.

Contrary to him, my mother is very gentle. My brother and I like mom the most. Mom is a baker and makes good cakes. Xu Meiren on XX road belongs to my mother. The business is particularly good.

My mother is also very beautiful. My eyes are like mother's and my father always says that the best thing about my face is my eyes. However, my mother says that my mouth looks the best. I look in the mirror and see that my mouth looks like my dad's. It doesn't look good! My brother's mouth looks very good. I like my brother's mouth. With powder, it looks very cute.

Although my brother is an alpha, he's not the same as the fools in class who concerned about who made more money all day long. He's very smart and he loves me dearly. His personality is as gentle as mother's. My brother doesn't have good health and coughs easily so we can't keep pets at home. We can only go to the mountain to see small animals.

My grandfather lives in the mountain and occasionally we will go see him. Grandpa is a Taoist. If my father calls him 'uncle', he will scold him, but if I call him 'grandpa', he'll be very happy. He often tells me things that I can't understand. Every time, I will be stunned for a long time, and then he says that I have 'perception' and teaches me fortune telling. Truth is I would like to learn how to grow vegetables with him.

In addition to a grandfather, I have two parental grandfathers but they are very busy: one is a member of parliament, the other is a photographer. I can only see them once in a few months. Usually, they only make video calls.

Last month, on my birthday, only one of them came. My other grandfather and mother said that he was preparing for the quiet election. I don’t know what a 'quiet election' is. It seems to be similar to a certain kind of competition. Mom said that if grandpa won, he could be a person representing our country. I was a little angry because he attends my birthday every year and gives me a beautiful little dress as my birthday present. I thought I wasn't his little baby anymore. He didn't even come to celebrate my birthday because of the game. I almost cried, but later grandpa Xia said he had brought two gifts, one from him and the other from grandpa Luo. I looked down and found this year's skirt. I was a nice child so he forgave grandpa and did not cry.

I also have an aunt and a godfather. Godfather is my mother's friend and my aunt's partner. He sings very well. Many people like him. This year, he and my aunt have a little sister. My aunt is very nervous and doesn't go to work. She stays home with him all day long. They also came on my birthday. I touched my godfather's stomach. It was really big, like a fifteen pound watermelon.

This is my family. At this time next year, I should have more family members. If I have to write an essay at the time, I will add them. My mother says that his only wish now is to see use healthy. Actually, I also have a wish. My wish is that my family can be happy."

Teacher's comments:

"Fluent sentences, precise words, excellent but there are still some mistakes that need correction.

First of all, although I like to eat the cake made by your mother, next time you see your father 'feed' your mother, you need to walk away silently. Don't suddenly appear to frighten them. As for the reason, you will know why when you grow up. You will thank me then. Moreover, it's a 'campaign', not a 'quiet election'. I also hope that your grandfather will win. I'll always support him.

Finally, is your godfather really pregnant?!! God, after all these years, Yang Yang has finally got what he wanted. I'm very pleased about the baby. Congratulations to your aunt and daddy for me."

(The teacher note had the word 'Mama' crossed out and replaced with 'Laozi' so I think that NX's teacher is QiuYang's mother.)

- When MC checked NX's homework, he saw the essay, took a picture and sent the photo to ML with an embarrassed emoji.
    ML: "This teacher is good, very sensible."
    MC's internal dialog: What? Is that the point? How can this guy's focus be skewed like this?
    MC: "Next time, don't get intimate in the common places at home."
    ML: "For example?"
    MC: "For example, the last time in the study... then that one time in the library... The dinning room is also not good."
    ML: "Where are we going to do that?"
    MC: "The bedroom."
    ML: "You don't trust the soundproofing insulation, afraid of being heard."
    MC: "It really doesn't have good soundproofing."
    - ML called the driver to pick MC up and told MC to come because ML's office was quiet and soundproof. ML struggled with the decision and agreed... MC took a shower and went to ML's company. ML's office lounge got a spacious bedroom and a bathroom, perfect for whatever they planned to do. ML asked MC if he could eat him. MC said yep. ML asked MC to lean on the floor-to-ceiling glass. MC was scared of being seen but ML convinced him...
    - Next day, MC woke up and heard ML fighting with someone outside. Guy told MC that MC and his father were ungrateful for kicking those from the Xias out of XiaSheng, a company originally established by the Xia family. They argued some more. MC walked in to hear the guy telling MC that he and his father were poisoned by betas. Coldly, ML asked the guy to leave. Guy called MC 'dirty bastard' and ML got mad, threatening him, nearing beating him up. ML told him to roll.
    - Now, late for work, MC went to brush his teeth. He saw ML's reflection in the mirror and felt that ML was beautiful, not looking like a mortal at all. ML gave MC a passionate goodbye kiss. ML said "I love you" and MC told him "I love you too," which made ML happy. When MC walked out of the company, he looked back. He thought that the first time he came here to see ML, he thought ML was a poisonous snake, an a**hole villain. He was afraid of ML then and hated ML. His heart pained him when he saw ML. MC waved at the window where he knew ML was standing and thought that now, it was different. He respected and loved ML and his heart rejoiced when he saw ML.

That's it. This is too much for me. I think I just got overdosed on fluff....

9. LavenderBlizzard

LavenderBlizzard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. It's quite detail. I think it's enough for me to read the spoiler only. So much drama. My heart can't stand it if I read the whole novel hahaha.

Xu Zhiqing, Le_Tired and HesheFell like this.
  10. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually missed a lot of stuff from the main story line. You all should read it. Story isn't that sad. I would say, on the scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, the sadness level for this is probably around 4 or 5.

Usually, for novels, I can tolerate the MC very well. The ML is the character that makes or breaks the story for me. You know how when you read novels, they always use fancy descriptions like peach blossom/phoenix eyes, silky hair, straight tall nose, beautiful jaw, 190+ meter tall, etc and I'm always like... ok, that's a good-looking guy. Next.

This novel is the only one where I find ML really SEXY :blobnosebleed::blobdrool:. There's something about the author's writing. They don't describe much in details, just showing glimpses of things here and there and somehow that really works on me. Why is ML so hot...

11. Silver_

Silver_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not trying to offend you or anything but its better not to write so much details for spoiler. Mentioning some interesting points and some plot twist is enough to attract people to read the novel. It will also save your time and your fingers from aching :blobsmilehappyeyes:

AlexPT likes this.
  12. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean because I've been thinking about how to best do it. There're a lot of factors involved. Is it faster to write detailed notes as you read along, or summarize in your own words with a few sentences every time you finish a chapter (this feels like an English school assignment), or read everything and then write based on memory? There's also the fact that I don't know how many people are able to read Chinese or interested in MTL. Sometimes, people just like to read the summary and move on. I also kinda figure that if people find the novel interesting enough, they'll stop reading spoilers after the first few chapters and go directly to the novel. (That's what I actually do when I see other people's spoiler threads.)

I still need to figure out how best to do this. The ones that I post here are only a fraction of what I read. I do it like maybe once a month when I'm bored. There's no need to spam the forum after all.

13. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the spoilers were lovely, but definitely don’t make life too difficult for yourself with them. Thank you!!

daviemae, babayagu and gnessa14 like this.
  14. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the spoilers a lot!! Thanks for the hard work :blobmelt:

Monster Bunny and gnessa14 like this.
  15. AlexPT

AlexPT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a very thin line between spoilers and rehashing the entire novel though. A summary's great for pulling people into reading a novel, whereas once so many details are mentioned it people might feel that it's enough to just read the summary and ignore the beautiful writing of the novel.

How about just giving a general gist of what the novel is about, and only go into more details for certain scenes that might draw people into reading the novel fully?

16. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the summaries
    Really liked that it was detailed

gnessa14 likes this.
  17. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    mpreg is really not my genre :blobtired::blobtired:
    gonna pass this one, sorry

18. sleepy_chelsy

sleepy_chelsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does it look like Zhao Li and (MC’s mom) being the real winner here smh. They played a major role for all the bad things happening to MC (and ML) but their „punishment“ was so dissatisfying. I wish the MC was more idk vengeful ? With this, the ending would make me at least happy...
    but on the other side changing MC will make him less interesting :hmm:

renieRabbit likes this.
  19. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    But I'm also not very good at summarizing either. So I just do Q&A and let everyone else read.

Kleep likes this.
  20. Attica

Attica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh..... literally three out of the four parts of the summary are all depressing as hell.... like jesus christ MC must have a spine of steel and the superpower of a regenerative heart to be able to survive all that without committing suicide, like I'm definitely not as strong a person as him

It's interesting and has a happy ending which is nice, but idk if I want to dive into hell just for a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel >___<

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019