Spoiler (BL) Paintings of Terror

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by izzy n immy, Sep 4, 2020.

1. izzy n immy

izzy n immy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    画怖 - Paintings of Terror
    Author: 瑆玥
    Synopsis:
    If Ke Xun could do it again, he would have never left his house to go out and flirt with guys, even if it would mean getting beaten to death.

Weren’t they supposed to have just been taking shelter from the rain in a museum and looking at some erotic paintings while they were at it? Why…did they enter the world inside a painting?!

Mu Yiran: Every single one of us is acting out a role in the painting.

Ke Xun’s eyes lit up: How do we get into an erotic painting?

Mu Yiran gave him a long, drawn-out look: Shut your eyes and lie down.

NU Raws

This is amazing does anyone have any spoilers for it?

2. xuanyumo

xuanyumo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    waiting for spoiler too:blob_teary:

Sisithatlikestoread likes this.
  3. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    It's very interesting and horrifying coz deaths inside each world is not only random but extremely crucial to understanding how to get out of the world. Basically, they have to use how someone died to understand the painter + his art and then track it down to get his signature and escape.
    It's already TLed. This is where MC and ML meet for the first time. MC is a face-con so already has a bit of a crush on the handsome ML. However, while forming a team, he clearly tells ML that between him and his bestie, he would choose to save his bestie no matter what.

This is a painting by a painter who is a devout follower of a made-up religion. The BOSS in this painting is an evil god with 8 arms. He picks out one person who has violated a condition that's stacked every night to literally tear him/ her apart. The trick in this is that the core of the made-up religion is to never do violence. Turns out the evil god has two faces. One face is the evil god and the second face is the compassionate god. Once they switch on the compassionate god, the sign comes and they can leave. MC confesses to ML uwaaaaah

They enter into the painting which is actually a closed up tall building. However, as days go by they realise that the top-most floor is actually shrinking rapidly. Basically, like how bamboo shoots come out of the ground and the tops of the shoots slowly bend, the building is doing the same. For the player it's bad because once the tops close, they will suffocate and die. This one was touch and go and they barely manage to touch the signature as the building closes completely.

Lol everyone in this painting is naked for the entire time coz the world is reversed. Humans are livestock and cows are the humans. They manage to decode the meaning behind the painting - The painter had a dog who went missing and was found tortured to death in a garbage can. He wanted to vent his hate and anger at humans who treat animals so cruelly but at the same time didn't want the ppl who looked at his painting to think a dog to be so cruel and bad. So in the painting world, he made cows be the ones treating humans as livestock cruelly (such as fattening the liver by some duck-feeding method, only giving fattening food, daily choosing one human and then slaughtering that human and eating them etc). Interestingly, there is no dog till now until they escape their cages. The dog is let out free to 'catch' escaped prey and since the dog is a symbol of kindness, riding/ touching the dog is the signature.

They come inside a large super colourful mansion. They each wear clothes with a specific pattern done in a specific colour. The biggest condition in this world is that colours should not get polluted i.e a person wearing blue cannot go into red room. The biggest problem is that the person's shadow bewitches the person and forces the players to subconsciously make other pollute their colour. Colours are literally drained from the person ewww. The answer is the orange patterned person in the maze. Once they shed some blood so that he can make the ultimate black colour, he gives his signature.

This one was sad. This is based during the late 1900. An illegal lab conducts horrifying experiments on humans. The players are the labrats and have to survive being tortured by the scientists every night. ML starts looking at MC more softly/ something changes between their dynamic uwaaah!!! The painter painted himself and all they had to do was ask him to save themselves. He will print his signature on their hands and poof. He does this willingly.

Back story - The painter was gay and had a lover. When he went overseas his lover was constantly bombared with insults + assaults for being gay. One day, some scientists come and take him away to 'cure' him. The painter rushes back and can only get his diary where his lover writes about how inhumane and abnormal the tortures are. All the painter wanted was the lover's body or atleast ashes. He goes in as a labrat but surprisingly survives a frontal lobetomy and is turned into a fellow researcher. He collects evidence and proofs but before he can put it on public, he is found. They all clear the place quickly and the all news is suppressed. Even though the lab gets shut, the painter still can't find his lover's body. The painter paints this with all his heart.

They go into the painting which as 6 other paintings. Each painting follows a diff pattern / time period etc. They each have to select a prop. Haha ML chooses a cat ear for MC and lol MC starts becoming very cat-like for eg meowing with every sentence, can take long leaps, wants ML to lick him all over/ scratch his belly, rub against ML, likes to purr and scratch.

Each world represents a cartoon and they have to find the world for their prop. Otherwise they will start integrating with the world very very quickly. Most likely, they don't even have 7 days in this painting.

Haven't completed the 7th arc yet. Will update once done.

4. izzy n immy

izzy n immy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a few questions rn,
    1. So after MC confesses to ML(ngl that was pretty quick,) Does the ML reject him or something? If he does reject him, when do they get together?
    2.Is the bestie all right through all these arcs and does he have a special someone?
    Why are all these arcs so grim? especially from the sound of it, the 4th and 5th arcs.
    From the sound of it, 4th arc gonna make me vomit

Thank you so much for these spoilers :bloblove:

5. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    (1) No there is no rejection and no acceptance too.
    Basically, in this painting, each night an additional condition (unknown to the players) gets stacked on top of each other. Something happens and MC (he has a sorta hero-phobia i.e he will try his best to save others. So in this arc especially he almost dies many times coz of this. In the last almost-death scene, he is holding ML's hand who is in a tent besides MC's. The tents are almost sticking to each other and MC slides his hand to ML's tent and then thinks - I am def going to die now. I would rather confess to my crush. So he writes 'I like you' over ML's palm. ML doesn't let go of MC's hand but after they are saved, this conversation doesn't continue. Primarily coz even though MC was impulsive while confessing, ML is still wary. ML takes more time to accept tacitly. A cute scene after he accepts is when they are in their real world. MC messages ML that he wants a tattoo. ML asks him where. So MC messages - A lip print, my male god's kiss print-where should I have it done? ML responds - On the back of your neck XD

(2) Till where I have read, bestie is in tip-top shape. Not only because MC actively protects him, he himself is actually pretty cautious and smart. Plus they get another member who is very quiet but very observant and smart like MC and ML and bestie is lucky enough to room with him lol. And they often get together in future paintings.

As for why it's so dark/ gory coz it's horror. It's more horror than I wasn't born luck or even Earth is Online. Deaths cannot be predicted coz conditions are abnormal/ change/ add-on every night. And in many arcs, it even becomes impossible to judge what condition was violated for someone to die until a few days later. Plus each painting is becoming more and more obscure + harder kinda like going up the levels. For eg in the Pure Land arc, not only 2 and more players killed per night, the 7 day limit is also reduced - MC
    almost turns into a full cat by the 4th/ 5th day i.e grow tail, talk only in meows, grow fur and run on fours. In fact it's touch and go almost coz he just about turns complete cat (aka become one with the painting) when at last the signature is triggered and he is pulled out by ML.

After binge reading 7 arcs, I have decided to take a break reading this coz of how sad/ horrifying it is. Plus it's easy to get emotionally attached to some characters only to watch them die in another arc.

But the riddles etc are very interesting and it's legit like a horror game so I loved it

7. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997 @aphrosdiax @Anna134
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie @bane3000
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21 @cahmil @crystalirishzz
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly @FanofLiterature @Ficklyfrim
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111 @hiharu @Ha-Ha @HIMETAN @Heungbo
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @ishrocks18
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee @Karma_Aladdin
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi @lazykitty_99 @lykizan @lry93 @laptop1130
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie @Meng tian
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen @Raebit @Reading addict @Rozelia
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah @vermilion225
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince @whitequeen
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx @xxiv @Xinyi2004
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya @ZeeRose
    @324722 @2Bon2B

azinine, Haigi, alexfilia and 12 others like this.
  8. azinine

azinine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been summoned! :justabotheart:

@Dragon_Reader Thank u for the spoilers! :bloblove:

I'm not much for horror but will camo here coz I'm a spoiler wh*re. Teehee.... :blobcozy::blobcozy::blobcozy:

Dragon_Reader and izzy n immy like this.
  9. NovelsAreLife

NovelsAreLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please. I'm only at the 4th world and I'm curious, are there any new players in the next worlds that stand out to you or became one of your favorite characters?

10. Shinya_Miyano

Shinya_Miyano New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the Vietnamese translation, and I believe their name might sound different in Pinyin. I’ll try to avoid spoiler, so I won’t call out their name.

Anw, my favourite players would be the Diving Girl and the Rich Guy in the 9th World. I also like the Wheelchair lady in the 13th World and the Middle age Lady in the 5th World.

Overall, 10th World has the best cast.

I also want to shoutout to the Shaddy guy with yellow(?) skin in the 6th World

(( I don’t know how to hide spoilers, so pls help me ))

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  11. NovelsAreLife

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! This is the spoilers thread, so I don't think anyone would mind if you share it here but I also don't know how to hide spoilers.

My favorite so far from what I've read among the side characters is the old man and the family of three. Low key sad that they died but I guess its to be expected. Those are the type of people that would usually die first in situations like that. Just glad they didn't die of a brutal death.

I was kinda disappointed there wasn't any interesting woman in the cast yet except for Sha Liu but she's not really a character you would root for. I was even cheering when her awful actions triggered her death condition. So I'm looking forward to read about the women you mentioned in the later worlds.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  12. Shinya_Miyano

Shinya_Miyano New Member

Reading List:
    Link

I agree, the female cast in the first half of the novel are kinda boring, they’re either being annoying or just crying all the time ( And for that reason, I like Sha Liu despite her being an evil thot )

The female in the later half are much more interesting. To me, they are all alpha chad. Some might survive, some might be ded af but they’re much more memorable than the first half.

My god I can’t wait to see the English transition of the later half.

13. NovelsAreLife

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, the raws just aren't as immersive to read as the translated chapters.

By the way, I thought the Animal World was the most brutal and dark but then I read up to the Human Studies one. That one is also hell on earth. :-( Is there any other later worlds considered worse than these two worlds in terms of theme and manner of death?

14. NovelsAreLife

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or does the author feels like they have deep malice for hetero couples in this novel? All of them have tragic endings. I feel bad reading the Pure Land Arc. But I'm also impressed. Their boyfriends in Faith and Pure Land have maximum devotion and loyalty for them.

15. rilakkuma

rilakkuma [ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ☆][A Victim][Huggle Bear]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible for anyone to make a list of who dies so I can be mentally prepared? :blobsad:

I need to cry early if Qin Ci doesn't make it.:blob_teary: Thank you~ :aww:

16. NovelsAreLife

Reading List:
    Link
    What world are you in right now? So far Qin Ci is still alive up to where I'm reading. I'm at the beginning of Scarlet Beast Arc (MC's 8th world) and the usual survivor group (MC, ML, Qin Ci, Wei Dong, Zu Haowen - the japanese styled dude(?)) and the BF of one of the girls in the Human Studies Arc (6th world) that lived till Pure Land Arc (7th world) has survived to participate in the Scarlet Beast Arc. The BF joined in the Pure Land Arc.

17. rilakkuma

rilakkuma [ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ☆][A Victim][Huggle Bear]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only made it to the 3rd Arc, but it's nice to know that he made it that far :blobpopcorn_cool: Thanks!

18. NovelsAreLife

Reading List:
    Link
    I was curious so I skimmed the end chapter of the thirteenth painting and it seems that the usual survivor group (MC, ML, Qin Ci, Wei Dong, Zu Haowen - the japanese styled dude in the third world(?)) is still alive.

Surprisingly, someone with the same name of the BF in the 7th world also survived in that world so maybe that's him.
    Nevermind, I think he died for real in the 8th world. The raws are so confusing sometimes. Can anyone verify if Luo Wei is really dead in the Scarlet Beast Arc (BF of girl in Human Studies - 6th world)?

I didn't check the last arc though since I think that's different from the rest of the worlds. It might have a big reveal about the painting world.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  19. Shinya_Miyano

Shinya_Miyano New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (( I finally know how to hide spoiler. Just click the “plus” symbol on our task bar ))

So anw
    In my opinion, I find the 7th and the 5th World’s death more disturbing than 4th and 6th. But overall it’s not too brutal. In term of “gore”, I can say that 12th World is kinda up there, but it’s also the weakest world ( in terms of plot for me ), so....

Same with the theme. I find the worlds in the later half of the novel more “aesthetic”. But some of the World’s mechanic are very cool too, so that’s why I find the later half much more interesting than the first half, despite being less brutal

20. Shinya_Miyano

Shinya_Miyano New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, yes