Spoiler (BL) Part-Time Taoist Priest

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Kaylee, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Part-Time Taoist Priest
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/part-time-taoist-priest/

Associated Names
    非职业半仙

Author
    Marshmallow Bunny
    拉棉花糖的兔子

Source: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3142301

112 chapter complete

Summary from NU

The most important duty of a Taoist priest is getting rid of monsters and exorcising ghosts, raising his temple’s reputation! Though, well, Xie Lingya is not a Taoist priest, he just has the Immortal Roots…

Some people can learn in a day what takes others ten years of hard work. Xie Lingya is like this – other people have to cleanse themselves and meditate to draw talismans, he can do it as easy as drinking a glass of water. Unfortunately, in this era, graduating from a renowned university is much more valuable than the talent for cultivation. He who has the Immortal Roots finally chose to study finance.

However, the world is unpredictable. His uncle, a Taoist priest, died unexpectedly, leaving his temple to Xie Lingya. His last wish was for his nephew to find the right person to inherit his sect’s teachings.

So Xie Lingya, who had no intentions to become a Taoist, ended up as… the owner of a Taoist temple. He began to earnestly manage the deserted little place, striving to gain believers. He also struggled to recruit priests, in hope of finding a suitable successor for his uncle. After a chance encounter, his target became Shi Changxuan, who came from an influential Taoist family and had outstanding skills. Not scared off by the man’s aloof personality, he struck up a conversation and tried to get his phone number. He didn’t realize this move could be easily misunderstood…

This is translated by betwixtedbutterfly

Reading the summary is enough to make me wanting to read this whole :aww:.
    Too bad the translation has just started, so yeah MTL it is (and my waiting list is getting long, when will I finish it....:sweating_profusely: )

Is there anyone already read this?
    Can you spoil me?

Does Xie LingYa XLY (MC) finally get someone to take over the temple?
    So, Shi ChangXuan SCX is ML, right?
    Which one is gay first? I hope it's ML lol
    How's their characteristic/personality?
    Is there any funny interaction?

I read from NU tag, this is a late romance, slow burn XD and calm protagonist. Me likey ehehe

I dont rly know who to poke but leader. I trust in you @Zhen_Qing :blobmelt::blobsmilehappyeyes:

First time post a spoiler thread. If there's a mistake, pls let me know.

2. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
  3. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    This small list consist of MTL masters that I see often in spoiler threads. :blobpats:
    I'll only summon the big list when this thread is populated with spoilers.

5. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    pcheshire, Kaylee and Zhen_Qing like this.
  6. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i haven't read this yet, but I'll add to my to read list ...but i don't MTL, i can't understand how you all make mtl readable, so admirable.... i read raws:blobjoy:

I did find some reviews/spoilers though

Mc likes to touch peoples chest to check their cultivation potential, which makes ml think he likes him at first. Then ml realizes its not...

Ml falls in love and confesses first, mc is shocked and avoidant for a while, until ml jumps in front of sword for him and realizes his feelings

The daoist temple because really famous, and even get government sponsership or something in the end ( ... This is a bit.. Like...wut?)

Uncle was actually murdered by Last Boss... After almost losing their battle against him mc suddenly comprehends some new skill and defeats the boss (...........shounen manga style much....)

Ml isn't the successor they find some other person.... But I'm suspecting it's like mc and ml raising a successor more then they find some person and abandon the temple

:hmm:hm... Not sure how much i really want to read this now.... The shounen manga style vibe is very strong here....

Dofu, komo komo, pcheshire and 6 others like this.
  7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I cant read raw, so MTL it is :blobowoevil:

Oh, shounen manga style? Like.....naruto maybe without the big over worked sasuke and naruto birth issue? (I couldnt find any shounen manga title that may fit.

So, ML is gay first LOL nice nice :blobpopcorn_cool:
    Or are both of them gay/straight before?

8. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel site has a copy protection thing so i cant copy and paste names/location. The novel is very heavy/detail on taoist stuff. Which i know nothing about. So im gonna skipmost of that.

Mc is running away from school. Its an emergency. His uncle is very ill in the hospital. Mc's mom died early and mc's dad works so mc use to always hang out with his uncle.

Mc hasnt seen his uncle since he asked to intern there for his financial major. Uncle was well at the time how did he become like this?

Uncle gives the temple to mc to watch. Mc begs uncle not to die. Mc will become uncles deciple, but uncle says no. He had already promised mc's parents not to accept mc as a deciple, but the uncle deeply regret that. Mc has such great potential.

Mc has celestial bones he can cultivate into an immortal. Things come so easily to him. One time mc stole the uncles treasure sword and went to a haunted house.

Uncle has failed his teacher. When he was young he was arrogant, and the other half of his life... He never found one deciple to take over the teaching if the temple. Mc said he will look for someone to take over. Mc is near the end of his school anyway. The uncle dies.

Mc goes to live at the temple. The temple is really old and run down.

Mc cleans up/ explore/ reads/learns about the history/taos

Mc contacts the history preservation organization to evaluate the temple to see if he can get funds for preservation.

The temple was already registered but never evaluated. It passed the history part but as for funds. It won't get much because its not too old. They said they will get back to mc after they decide on the funds.

Mc originally thought the temples chinese character yin and yang meant negative yin and positive yang. But the yin used a different character for sheep because tge temple use to have sheep.

Mc ignores this and he writes a story/legend about the official general protection of taoist (this is who the temple is dedicated to.)

Mc read what others wrote and its very grand. Mc send what he wrote to the historical ppl and they give him a thumps up.

Mc is sleeping and at 2am someone is frantically knocking on his door. Its "He something" (he will be called the college student. ) The guy is so happy theres a person there. He asks for help and mc doent believe him.

The college student was hanging out with friends late at night. On his way home he took a dark alley and he felt like he was being watched and there was no lights. The more he walked he seemed to never reach his destination. There was no lights or sound. He became very nervous till he finally saw a light. It was from the temple.

Mc gives him the finger. The sudent gets mad yells and turns. Mc says stop and the student runs back.

The student sleep over. The next day. Mc sees the yellow and red paper talisman that his uncle did. Mc decides to try it. He makes a few.

The student sees and wants some. Mc gives it for free because hes doesn't know it will work and it was only practicing.

The sudents donate and he burns incense. He sees the official general is giving the finger like mc last night. Mc says yes thats the hand signal. The student is in awe. He thinks its so cool.

Before you had to do some floor signs/drawings and hand signs but mc did it at the most simple form. It worked and the student felt the cold air disappeared last night.

The student left and told his friends but no one believed him.

Then one night with his friends. They joked about it. The student wanted to avoid the dark ally so he took another route, but the same thing happened. They all freak out.

The next day. The sudent goes to the temple and asks for more talisman because his friend took them all.

In the area theres a drout and the weather is very hot. Ppl are unhappy because of water shortage and they cant bath and must buy water. Mc has well water and the water is cool and taste very good. Mc puts a sign out for free well water soon. Everyone comes with buckets. The temple is cool and mc pours ppl drinks and sells seeds as snacks.

No one invests in the temple, but mc is fine with that. At least ppl are coming.

Mc gets an taoist invite for all the taoist to come to a rain ceremony. Mc goes to see if he can get a deciple there and learn more about taoist.

He sees ml with short hair. Ml is suppose to have long hair. Mc asks a taoist priests and he said ml is a substitute. Hes from a family who practice Taoism.

Mc cant get to ml because of the crowd. Mc has to touch ml to feel for the bone attribute. Mc is disappointed be he goes home.

Later it rains. The drought it over but mc still gives free well water.

The student comes back. His uncle's new house is haunted. He asks mc for help.

komo komo, pcheshire, pridian and 3 others like this.
  9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that part with MC uncle felt so sad.
    Yet, why I get the feeling, this a very light comediy novel.
    Thank you^^ @soie_yoie Pls do more if you have time ehehehe
    Is the college student important? by how you named him as college student felt like npc role lol

pcheshire and soie_yoie like this.
  10. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link

I think hes a side character. Who keeps popping up. Him and another guy also has a name.the other guy lives near the temple. I dont remember his name, but he sells stuff by the temple. Not much is said about him so i just skipped him for now.

I just started mtl chapter 6 before that was already translated.

This is a very difficult novel to mtl. It talks about feng shui and taoist practice.

I think i have a 60% understanding. Its very confusing at some points.

Kaylee likes this.
  11. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Secret to copy paste from jjwxc = block javascript :blobowoevil:

Kaylee likes this.
  12. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol but then my auto google translate wont work.

Actually for some reason lately my google translate wont translate sto.cc either

13. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More random stuff:

Mc was defending his thesis for his masters or something, when his uncle died, so he has to redo his program or whatever usually happens in that case.

pcheshire and Kaylee like this.
  14. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah? I thought it said he was one of the first to finish his thesis. Idk about defending it.

Mc was gonna use the temple to do his internship for his financial school post graduate thing.

He did fail the post graduate exam and he was gonna study while he was at the temple to retake it later.

15. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh maybe it's that XD i was basing it off Chinese spoilers i found

pcheshire and soie_yoie like this.
  16. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    So i could only mtl to chapter 6.

This is seriously hard to mtl. It has a lot of info/reference i dont even understand.

This kinda reminds me of xxxholic because it deals with the supernatural on a case by case lvl.

I do enjoy this novel. But its incredibly difficult for me.

Mc goes to the student's uncles house. The student tells mc not to be offended because they are non-believers (the word is actually atheist or something. But cant spell so... Non believer it is)

Also the family has been scammed a lot so he asks mc if mc has a certificate mc says yes.he waves his student id card. Lol

They go inside. The uncle isnt there but the auntie is. She says mc seem so young. The student really believes in mc and says good things about him.

Mc gives her the finger (flips the bird). The student freajs out. Saying that it is the symble/hand jesture of taoist. It looks like something else but its not. Lol.

Mc also wants to uphold his reputation. He shakes her wrist and she feels a lot better. No longer tired like something was lifted off her sholders.

Then the uncle returns with 2 ppl. One of them is ml.

The student is like inside thought *first come first serve. Mc was first*

Mc was very happy because he's been meaning to talk yo ml. But he cant get any one on one incounters.

(Some else explain this. I really dont get it)

(This is about feng shui... I guess decor of the house?)
    The wang guy says well theres a montain here and its disruptted by something so you have misfortune.

Mc thinks no but hes not sure. Then ml says no. There is a mountain yes but something on the bottom makes it positive.

So its not feng shui.

Ml says there was a murder in the house. Then he asks the uncle. Did he come to any fortune?

The uncle is supprised and said yes. The uncle had found a lot of money. He was gonna turn it in.

Its the money. The money is a bait of misfortune. Who ever touches it gets the misfortune? ( Not sure)

Ml asks if they know anyone who had misfortune with money. Uncle thinks and thinks. Could it be feng? Feng seems to have bad luck. (Im not sure if they are implying if feng is a dead friend, a person who is cursed, or someone who wants to transfer his bad luck. Not sure what they are trying to say)

It seems to be because of feng. The uncle passes the negative money and the ml doesnt touch it. He uses the talisman paper to grab it. I think then he goes to an alter thing.

Mc takes out his dead uncles wooden 3 teasured sword that will be passed down to a deciple.

I think ml tosses down rice water? Or something? And mc waves the sword? A wind gusses in and mc seems to kill it with the sword?

Mc thinks he shouldn't use the sword ever again. Because its very powerful and mc doest know how to use it well.

The uncle offers them to stay the night. Thy both decline. So the uncle says he will drive them home.

Mc wants alone time with ml but cant seem to get it. In the car mc ask about the original person who was supposed to do the rain ceremony. Ml doesnt want to say.

Ml : i recognized you in the crowd.
    Mc : how?
    Ml: you kept staring at me.
    Mc: doest that apply to everyone?

Then later ml kinda passes out in the car. Mc thinks nows thw chance. He reaches for the chest. Hes surprised ml's clothes are so thin.

(I could be wrong) it seems ml has normal bones. Nothing special. As mc is checking. He looks up. Ml is staring at him.

Mc is like *fuck u slept and slept but the moment i put my hand on u. U wake up?*

Ml has cold eyes but with a touch of confusion.
    When he leaves, mc says " contact info?"

The uncle was like. I didnt know u guys were together. Dont worry i dont mind mXm. We dont discriminate. Lol

Later the student brought his classmates to burn incense. The student was like. I didnt know u were so young and how do u study and do all this? I didnt know there was a taoist school. Hahaha

Mc says im just doing my post graduation exam. Thw students friend said something. I forgot. I think they wanted more talisman or something.

Then mc says come by again. We can have tea and watermelon seeds. They were all speechless.

Another thing i forgot to mention. Mc starts to have nightmares of the official general of taoist. Mc thinks hes not happy because his statue is deteriorating. The paint is chipping. Mc says he will fix it in under 2 months.

17. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mtl this a long time ago, thought it would be sweet like ghost know what i experienced, but tbh i don't really into it that much, it's weird bcs i really like supernatural/taoism/ghostcatching novels. I felt bored somewhere in the middle of the story and just dropped it. What i remember tho, that ML has this cute little ginseng doll that could read people's heart or something like that (cmiiw mtl is super hard) and it often speaks about ML's thoughts towards MC out loud, then ML will get embarrassed but MC is as clueless as ever in the beginning so yeah...
    But i stopped somewhere when they're trying to catch this evil taoist or something.

morticia_addams and Kaylee like this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hei! That's the same with me.
    Initially I was looking for another Ghost Knows, and stumbled into this. Since the translation is still 4chapters, and only 1 review, I made a spoiler thread to see if this one might has the same tone as Ghost Knows.
    Well, the same supernatural thing, but what I also want to find from this novel is how the dynamic between the MC and ML.
    I mean, Ghost Knows is ........ sooooooooooo goooood, well for me ne. Others might hate that slow almost non existent romance LOL

Tsukkin likes this.
  19. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The first case for them is (or second for mC) quite funny, by how you wrote it. I dont know, I kept grinning while reading and writing this.
    And the part where MC and ML in the car LOL I kyaaa-ed wanna read that part. I shall wait for the translation, luckily it's the next 2 chapter so the wait wont be crushingly long XD

soie_yoie likes this.
  20. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Skipped to the ending, it's HE and really sweet~

*goes back to reading*