Discussion BL Pet Peeves. WHO HAS THEM?! I DO.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hoshiandme, Mar 16, 2019.

?

Do you have pet peeve s in BL?

1. Yes.

35 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Idk.

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The truth is that its not! I think most people thought the smallest gestures from the ML were romantic since he's usually such a douche but it's just so wrong for any sane person.... so many red flags... Other people probably stayed for the sex totally not me

2. Royalsoukoku

Royalsoukoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMW is a lot of things, Romantic, it is not . the only reason I continued reading was for the xuanhuan aspect . But then again our ML is a literal beast so he prob don't know how to human .

Ziavory, Halmista and Hoshiandme like this.
  3. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yessss! Read my post above for my opinions on this topic lol.!!
    I totally agree. I fucking hate how the roles are so concrete and nothing mixed between. Like in REAL LIFE, real gay couples experiment and try new things and if they don’t like it. They don’t like it and don’t go any further. YET NO ONE DOES IN BL NOVELS.

Yes. I too like the Yandere trope, but it’s so hard and most often done badly.
    A Yandere is someone who loves REALLY FUCKING STRONGLY. But they’d never do ANYTHING to hurt their loved one! Like legit, that’s what a Yandere is. And reading about so many willingly doing it to the person they love, even though they KNOW, it’s wrong. Is such bullshit. And the MC somehow falls in love with that?

Lmao. I know what you’re coming from. BL Apocalypse is over done. But it makes sense though, people are wanting to find good companionship, and maybe sexual release to. Put those things together and no females around, got some BL.
    Though it’s true theirs a lack of female representation. I too share this pet peeve. For some reason girls are always dead when the apocalypse happens? Like what the fuck.

I KNOW RIGHT. RAPE INVOLVED IN A RELATIONSHIP IS ABSOULTELY A NO. Yet many BL novels go that direction. Like oh dear lord no.
    And sigh, to be honest, I share your sentiment. And the trope I love that makes the trope you hate is the one where it’s, “man, woman, I don’t care, I only love you.” That’s my favorite trope.

I KNOW RIGHTTTTTTTTT. Holy shit. LACK OF PREPARATION. LIKE. THERES NO DISSCUSSING ON HOW THEY CLEAN AND GET READY. It’s just boom. Ready. At least some novels say, “After I took a shower, we instantly went and did it.” So we can infer they did the cleaning in the shower. And yes, we need more preparation happening in stories. Like my lord,
    Like damn. You need fucking preparation. Which no one does smh,

Uh. Bye. Don’t come here. We will eat and skin you alive. Cough. The BL community.
    That. Or we’d turn you into one of us,

I KNOWSWW. Refer to my previous post. I went into so much detail about this trope.
    I READ FOR MALES. LIKE IM NOT ASKING FOR BARA. I’m asking for males. If I wanted a girly character, I’d go read about a girl. Why am I reading about a boy who is really just a girl.

4. Madness Sea

Madness Sea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Constant emotional extremes from everyone

Meloman and Dovey like this.
  5. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It can be cute yeah and aslong as its done right i like it too, but when they literally dated a TON of people in the past (playboy semes are way to common) it just seems like bullshit

klaushavilliard and Hoshiandme like this.
  6. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    And example if you may?

7. Madness Sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually thinking about it, it seems like that might just happen in Asian novels in general.
    Like when people interact and suddenly they’re either mortal enemies or best friends.

8. Madness Sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Then again, it might just be that I’m completely socially inept.

9. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    OH YES CLEANING!!! Especially when the ML just straight up put his tongue in WITHOUT FUCKING CLEANING THE GODDAMN HOLE FIRST. I THROW UP IN MY MOUTH EVERYTIME I READ SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I was like, IS THIS FUCKING SCAT BECAUSE THAT SHIT IS DISGUSTING!!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  10. Madness Sea

Reading List:
    Link
    In some xanhuan novels it can make sense though if the person doesn’t eat or completely converts all food into energy.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  11. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I can still forgive fantasy ones but not the ones set in modern times.

klaushavilliard and Hoshiandme like this.
  12. Royalsoukoku

Royalsoukoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's all I think about .

13. Solistia

Solistia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm with you @Hoshiandme , not enough switches, homosexual men rarely exclusively top or bottom (even my bro who is a total bottom cause he's super lazy will top from time to time), yet the Seme acts like it's the end of the world if he's not the one penetrating. Jeesus guys, the prostate feels good when it's hit, if your gay, hit up that prostate!

14. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    But the MC barely calls him out on this behavior and even if he did, the ML still put him down again like nothing happened which makes it super frustrating. I dunno about later chapters though.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  15. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Alert. It doesn't get better, he just threatens him with sex now.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  16. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that sounds a lot worse now.

17. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it is

18. Potatoes

Potatoes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really have any pet peeves and I'm open to everything... just make the story good and its already satisfactory for me~ but your pet peeves make sense, however, when I encounter such thing, I just ignore it and enjoy what can be enjoyed wehehehehe~

Hoshiandme likes this.
  19. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    That image is now in my head. I’m so dead now lord.
    Smh. It’s like they don’t do any reasearch into how a male has sex with another male.

Okay. Yes fantasy I can do. Magic and chi and that stuff that purifies the body can be inferred lol.

I do now too.

I KNOW RIGHT. I recently read a reddit post about straight guys not being gay but really enjoying prostate stimulation. Like what the hell.
    Don’t hate it till you try it okay.
    Also, congrats to your brother lmao. Best reason to be a bottom. Lmao.

klaushavilliard likes this.
  20. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    True.
    True. I think we all do that now, just wanted to get a bit you know. Lol. Since it happens a lot.

Potatoes likes this.