Chinese [BL] Poyun/Breaking Through the Clouds

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Cypress, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Poyun/Breaking Through the Clouds
    Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3395943
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/breaking-through-the-clouds/

Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's a good novel from what I've read so far. There is an audio drama out and a manhua that its currently airing.
    I'm an impatient soul and the current translations are very slow and the other team does it with mtl which doesnt provide an accurate/clear reading, so I'm hoping that maybe another team will pick it up. So I guess this is more of a request.

Description:
    Its a crime novel that doesnt waste anytime to suck in readers attention; meaning that the first crime case starts off from ch 1 and leaves u in cliffhanger. Its contains it humor here and there, but doesnt take away the seriousness within it. Very likable/lovable main and side characters.

chrysanthenum, nejvi and Donutmindme like this.
  2. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? But it updated two days ago and the translator said there was someone else taking over

3. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's been having pretty steady updates from a new group besides BlackBoxTL. And another person's soon to take over, and they're supposedly a pretty trusty TL too.

4. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    That person that updated 2 days ago uses mtl.
    Really?! I didnt know that
    Thanks for the heads up
    Do u you know who/what group is taking over?!

5. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know the group, and also the MTL thing was just like a regular translation, so no worries about reading it.

6. unlimitedmtlworks

unlimitedmtlworks Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the "Saye" and "Dinghai Fusheng Records" translators is going to translate Poyun starting with arc two (chapter 43+), and its sequel Tunhai. I still can't post links but you can find them in Translating 吞海 (Swallowing the Sea/PoYun2) thread.

My apologies but the next two chapters will also be MTL'd. It's been a long time since MTL'd the novel for myself, so I mistakenly thought that chapter 40 was the last chapter of the first arc:sweating_profusely:
    My MTL 'project' is not meant to replace the real translations, so I also hope that arc 1 will be fully translated because this novel is sooo good

Elliana and Cypress like this.
  7. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah thanks for the info!
    No need to apologize really! Also, I'm sorry if my words sounded rude, it wasnt my intention at all. Your mtl is very understandable. I'm just a girl who likes to pay extra attention to details in the novel and mtl sometimes take that away. Thank you for the work you've done, others and myself really appreciate it.

unlimitedmtlworks and Elliana like this.
  8. unlimitedmtlworks

unlimitedmtlworks Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh thank you so much, I'm really happy to hear that, but you weren't rude at all! I understand what you mean. Using 4 different mtls sometimes gives you 4 different absurd results and the dictionaries refuse to help, so you start googling, and even searching for photos, and the results are pretty questionable...yeah:blobjoy: So I also want to read the complete first arc in someone's translation.

Cypress likes this.
  9. Cypress

Reading List:
    Link
  10. mariasss

mariasss New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. The original translator update very rarely, the mtl is stopped and it seem old translator attack new twitter translator. Does the new translator still plans to translate it? I don't understand why old translators disalow anyone to translate it if they don't update the novel themselves...
    Does anyone knows any official publisher that can translate it or any translator who looks for projects? I contacted some but they already translating something else

Tdxng likes this.