Resolved BL Quick Transmigration - MC gets pancreatic cancer in the 1st world

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by rere_86, Mar 20, 2021.

1. rere_86

rere_86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese BL - Transmigration/World-Hopping (80% sure it was a gong MC)
    (TBH, I'm not sure if it was ever translated, but it's worth a try?)

IIRC, the MC has to complete a set of missions to get back to his own world. In the 1st world, he meets the ML (who either disliked the MC at first and/or was in love with someone else). But as the story progresses, the ML starts to fall for the MC. The MC, feeling that his mission was spiraling out of his control, tells his system that he wants to give up and enter the next world.

The MC used his only chance to give up on a task without completely failing, but he still has to leave that world in a reasonable way. His system gave him late-stage pancreatic cancer, so that he could die naturally, and very painfully, over the span of a month.

The ML quickly notices that something was wrong with the MC and makes him undergo treatment at the hospital. Over this month, ML basically stayed by his side whenever he could, taking care of him. IIRC, the ML was a rich young master who never set foot in a kitchen, but he spent hours making one dish for the MC because the MC said he wanted to eat it, burning his fingers in the process.

At the end of the month, the surgery failed and the MC "died". But he and his system didn't leave immediately, but instead watched as his body was wheeled out. ML was outside in the hallway, and seeing MC's body, he completely broke down. Seeing this, MC regretted his actions a little, and asked his system if he could come back to life.

So, in a medical miracle, MC comes back to life and slowly makes a full recovery. He accepts the ML in that world, and they lived HEA. So basically, the MC used his only give-up card and went through a month of excruciating pain for nothing.

I don't remember much about the other worlds, but they were all HEs as well. I think there was a world where MC became a robot and raised the ML? And if I'm not getting it mixed up with another novel, a world where MC was a merman and the ML a dragon?

2. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    it might be untranslated? sounds familiar though so I'm not sure... this is the filter for seme protagonist, system administrator, world hopping: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...319,7357,21767&mtgi=and&sort=sdate&order=desc

these sound like Arc 1 and Arc 7 of Everyone Knows I’m a Good Person. MC gets picked by the system because he's dying of sickness (i forgot if this was specified) and MC has to lower ML's animosity/dislike.
    Earth was being invaded by aliens and giant insects are taking over the world. Humans have abilities. MC is the king of the invading Mechanical/Robot race and kidnaps ML, the hero of mankind who was betrayed and sacrificed by the humans. MC takes good care of ML so that they can make babies lol
    the Robot race is actually a very powerful invader that destroys the planets they invade but MC changes everything by being the most peaceful and kind race in the galaxy. A new Robot King is birthed by the Mother Tree once the current one dies and inherits memories.
    MC is a mermaid siren and ML is a sleeping water dragon. MC steals ML's dragon pearl and pretends to be a "hatched dragon pearl" so ML takes care of him

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  3. Sanrsl

Sanrsl 『• scummy MLs don't deserve a wife •』

Reading List:
    Link
    In arc 7, MC is actually a siren, not a mermaid:blobmelt:

rere_86, moonbao and Giratina like this.
  4. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, whoops! :blobcheeky:

rere_86 and Giratina like this.
  5. BloomChi

BloomChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so familiaaaaar

6. rere_86

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for replying! I haven't read that one before but it sounds fun, I'll probably give it a read later :D
    The novel I'm looking for has a modern-day setting for its first arc. IIRC at the beginning, the ML was a haughty young master in love with someone else, but he changed a lot after meeting the MC. The ML's dad thought the MC wasn't good enough for his son and wanted the MC to hurry up and die already, but after seeing how much his son treasured the MC, he realized that the MC's death would absolutely break the ML.

I'm sorry, I just realized that the merman x dragon story I was thinking of was actually from another novel!!
    It's Arc 9 of A White Lotus Host, I only recalled after seeing it on the filter search you linked.

But I'm 90% sure the robot AI arc is from this novel though! The MC transmigrates into the body of a housekeeping robot AI, who is responsible for taking care of the ML. After the ML's parents die in a spacecraft accident, the MC takes ML with him into hiding and protects the ML from his parent's enemies. I think they traveled to an impoverished planet, and the MC worked on a farm to raise the ML, until he was eighteen. The ML befriended the farmer's son, who fell for him, but the ML of course rejected him. The MC and ML travel back to the capitol planet, and IIRC the MC dies protecting the ML on the way, but the ML saves his AI chip and makes a new body for him, and they lived HEA.

Yeah, it's on the tip of my tongue and I looked through all my bookmarks but I just can't find it :cry:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  7. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    aaahh okay! after reading the extra bits you wrote in, it's definitely not something I've read >w< the AI one sounds super good too though! hopefully we'll find it soon~

Ash_Kira, Giratina and rere_86 like this.
  8. ultimateReader

ultimateReader Hungry.. Need more novels~

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you get the name of this novel ? Just from your summary I'm hooked up. Wanna read !
    Especially liked the #Gong MC#

9. rere_86

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately no, but here's hoping someone will recognize it QAQ
    #Gong MCs FTW!# (^0^)/*

(btw, I love your profile pic! one of my fave webtoons~)

Ash_Kira and Giratina like this.
  10. c.decora

c.decora Holy Cardinal, Ascended Mouse

Reading List:
    Link
    The only terminal disease one I recall reading was a scum shou(?) one... Though, I don't recall the shou part being all that clear in the first arc...And I don't actually remember all that much. Was this one I think: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-scum-shous-survival-guide/
    I don't really remember the "coming back from death" part though.

11. rere_86

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I read that one! It was one of the first webnovels I read before I even knew the difference between shou MC and gong MC lol.
    It's not the one though, unfortunately, I'm almost completely sure the one I'm looking for was gong MC, and that he came back to life because he couldn't stand to watch the shou crumbling in despair

Ash_Kira and Giratina like this.
  12. ultimateReader

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello?
    No one knows the name of this novel?

rere_86, Ash_Kira and Giratina like this.
  13. Tilla

Tilla Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww does no one still know the novel name QAQ I really wanna read it

14. IamSoBored123

IamSoBored123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone? I really want to read this

15. RiboseSugar

RiboseSugar Mirror Mirror, I'm beautiful. Fact, not question.

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone, fulfill mine desires and present towards thee

16. Leisheng

Leisheng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The part where the MC transmigrated to a body that the ML disliked sounds a little like Heroic Death System 2nd arc but in this one MC did not have cancer when he was staying at the hospital it was because he was being suicidal so that he could have a reason to give his heart to the MLs sister for his mission, and then the ML even made MC promise to not give his heart to his sister and the MC promised him but he didnt keep his promise and in the middle of surgery he requested to stop the treatment and to give his heart to the sister.

And the part about the medical miracle is like the arc 10 re for Heroic Death System again, they considered it a medical miracle because after 7+ years the MC actually woke up, but ofc when he went back to the world in the second arc to live happily with the ML he survived the surgery because ML went back in time and managed to save him and his sister in time, also maybe the part about going through excruciating pain was because he gave his heart all for nothing because in the second life thr MLs sister survived anyway by getting another heart.. So he thought his sacrifice was meaningless and made unnecessary suffering but what can he do it was his mission d=(´▽`)=b

Edit : the robot mc was arc 8 i think.. If im not mistaking it its still Heroic Death System.. But in this arc the MC didnt raise the ML because the ML was some sort of business giant or something, and i dont recall any merman MC and dragon ML in Heroic Death System

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  17. IamSoBored123

IamSoBored123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this was Everyone Know I’m a Good Person arc 7?

18. ultimateReader

Reading List:
    Link
    Still no?
    I really want to know the name of this novel. I've been waiting for months.:blob_teary:

19. ultimateReader

Reading List:
    Link
  20. ultimateReader

Reading List:
    Link