Spoiler [BL] [R18] The Traveling Hero Won’t Let the Innkeeper’s Son Escape

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Snowbun, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!

This series doesn't seem to have an LCD or spoiler thread yet so...
    Did someone else read the raws at Syosetsu too and wanted to discuss further arcs or chapters? I'm thinking about pre-ordering the LN that will be released at the end of the month.

***EDIT: Added current WN structure and titles to facilitate discussions:

= FIRST ARC =
    > 6 chapters
    "The hero from the starting village is supposed to marry his cute female childhood friend"

EXTRA: "The Innkeeper's son: An older brother's distress"

= SECOND ARC =
    > 25 chapters
    "The knight captain is supposed to have a fiancée in the kingdom's capital"

EXTRA: "The weakness of the hero is outrageous"
    EXTRA: "The Innkeeper's son has good fortune"

= THIRD ARC =
    > 46 chapters
    "The half-beast prince is supposed to have something like an inner palace..."

EXTRA: "The one who once ruled the demons awaits for the right time"
    EXTRA: "The long unrequited love of the hero"

= FOURTH ARC =
    > 31 chapters
    "Elves and dwarves that don't get along are supposed to wish for their own species' prosperity..."

= FIFTH ARC =
    > 36 chapters
    "The hero who has lost his power is supposed to be revitalized by the friendship of his comrades"

EXTRA: "The wish from those that lived over a millennium"
    EXTRA: "The never-ending wish of the hero"

= SIXTH ARC =
    > 53 chapters
    "The spirit king's son is is supposed to be a selfish kid"

EXTRA: "The ones from the past who have planned this future"
    EXTRA: "The future chased by the heroes"

= SEVENTH ARC =
    > 50 chapters
    "Artificial weapons are not supposed to have hearts"

EXTRA: "The Hero and the Demon King"
    EXTRA: "The sealed ones"

= EIGHTH ARC =
    > 19 chapters
    "The hero who saved the world is supposed to live happily ever after..."

(Last update: 2020.05.21)

= NINTH ARC (Last?!!?!?! Aaaaah!!!) =
    > ? chapters
    "???"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you live links to the raws?

3. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
  4. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    Im only on chapter 4.

I noticed there were 3 ppl in the cover pix. Is this a 3p?

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s a reverse harem tag, so maybe?

7. soie_yoie

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed the Japanese love harems for some reason.

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, so does the chinese

lazynoodles likes this.
  9. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh, the "reverse harem" tag is a natural development of the "dense protagonist" tag in this novel.
    The 3rd person there is one of the characters in the second arc "The knight captain is supposed to have a fiancée in the royal capital", his name is Maxim Calafati (Not sure how it will be romanized).

Well... yeah, most of the arc/chapters titles are major spoilers over the identity of 2nd male leads we get while the hero is traveling.

stumblmer and midnight reader like this.
  10. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read up chapter 157 and it didn't look like it was a 3p. There was at least one guy that fell in love with MC in each story arc from what I remembered but from what I read, it looked more like 1v1 to me.

I stopped mtl-ing since I wanted to wait until it's completed. (caught up to the recent chapter when I first mtl-ed it a couple months back.)
    but seeing as though there's currently 217 chapters, maybe it happens sometime after ch.157 or something

midnight reader and kiara8 like this.
  11. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem tag a bit tricky even if mc don't get together with other love interests you can still see it. I think it is 1v1 but other charas still in love with mc.

12. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ exactly.

13. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! The cover looks nice. What's your synopsis from all raws you guys read if you dont mind me asking?

14. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: Should I write a long, long spoiler post about it? By arc plot maybe?

15. iskolarako

iskolarako Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes please

16. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes please.....:aww::blobnosebleed:

17. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes pls! I want to know how the MC managed people to fall in love with him. What about the plot? What happens in each arc? I want to know the fluff moments between our MC and ML!

18. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I'll post one arc at a time since I need to re-read too!

First Arc: "The hero from the starting village is supposed to marry his cute female childhood friend"
    Length: chapters 1-6 + extra: "The Innkeeper's son: An older brother's distress"

The main characters and often seen residents from the "First Village", "Village of the beginning" or "Starting Village" are introduced. We get to know that Ruth is a 31-year-old reincarnated soul from a modern setting world and had a trauma of never having a girlfriend before due to his appearance (bulky, manly guy). Other than that, it seems that Truck-san made his star appearance again and not many important details are written about his past life. Alec, an orphan found by him in the mountains nearby is his childhood friend and has always stuck by near Ruth ever since they met. Nearing their 20th birthday, it's revealed that Alec is actually the destined hero and needs to set on a journey to the kingdom's capital because of a prophecy from a Goddess. He runs away and hides in Ruth's room the night before he's supposed to set up with the party that was searching for him. Alec doesn't want to go and is very clear that his attachment to Ruth is more than mere friendship. But Ruth encourages him to accept this mission to save the world even though he doesn't want his best friend to shoulder such a heavy fate. Alec asks him to promise that Ruth will not have a lover until Alec comes back from his mission and that after all is done, they can live peacefully and manage the Brau family's inn together. Ruth (this dumbass) smilingly accepts everything thinking that Alec is feeling insecure about being alienated for his newfound hero status. As for Alec...he wants to somehow confirm their relationship now so... SMUT TIME. Ruth, confused, thinks that Alec wanted to lose his virginity before going away on a dangerous journey...:facepalm: Alec also gives Ruth an enchanted handmade bracelet he meant to give to the person he wants to propose to and asks him to take good care of it. Sooo... in the end...there's no direct, straight to the point, love confession time.:blobsweat_2: This misunderstanding will be dragged for some time since it also involves Ruth's character development and how he gets over his past life attachments.

This extra is written in Clark's (Ruth's older brother) POV and it's set 1-2 years before the first arc. Basically, we get to know that even though Ruth's appearance is not the "ideal husband material" of the village, he's not considered a bad match because of his looks (that he takes after his beautiful mother after all) or personality (he's an honest, hardworking kid always helping out his family). It's his horrid habit of calling out to every single woman that gets him shunned. Clark actually wants to help his younger brother find a wife, even thinking about going to another village to ask but...he realizes Alec's infatuation with Ruth is definitely suspicious. Also, Clark thinks that the village girls are also somehow aware that Alec is giving them the stingy eye every time Ruth talks to them so they try to avoid Ruth as much as they can. LOL. Because Ruth only ever showed interest in women, he never caught up to the fact that he's actually popular between males! But since everyone knows that (super strong, will kick you ass) Alec is behind his every step, they all refrain from calling out to Ruth in that way. The extra ends with Clark being fed some dog food while wondering what will happen in their future.

I skipped some details but if you want to know anything specific, let me know!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    grossgirl, hikaharu, Jukki and 18 others like this.
  19. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhhh!! Thank you for the spoilers!

Man I can’t believe our MC actually “no homo”d away gay sex. like what, “oh yeah just one bro helping another bro lose his virginity, yup just another day.” truly his powers of “no homo” are unparalleled.

20. rilakkuma

rilakkuma [ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ☆][A Victim][Huggle Bear]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuuuu! Ruth really needs to be blessed:sweating_profusely:
    They also need to add the straight uke tag on there.:hmm:

Jukki, stumblmer and Snowbun like this.