Spoiler (Bl) Rebirth of a Movie Star

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Apr 4, 2019.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TomiNdumplings and Zhen_Qing like this.
  2. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Villains:
    MC's family - His big brother who fell into debt / His mom who always favors his big bro / Cowardly dad
    When MC & ML went out of the closet, MC's mom immediately made her stand and said that they'll just call it even and broke off all ties. Then ML leak the news that MC paid his big bro's 5 million debt for him. (That's what MC's mom meant by being 'even') since their mom already made a stand, big bro pushed their dad to the reporters, he wanted him to express support to MC so that MC won't completely cut-off relations with their family since he still had huge debts to pay (new debts). But Bai Dad is really cowardly so when he got shoved in front of the reporters, his brain froze and he just remembered the 5 million. He said that MC should live his own life and not ask them to pay back the 5 million anymore. The reporters were all surprised, they've never seen such a greedy family. In the end, big bro had huge debts and he sold the two houses without Mother Bai's permission, they quarreled and since he was scolded pretty badly by Mother Bai, he didn't even leave them any money/new place to live at (since they don't have a house anymore)

MC's BF in previous life (bleh... such a disgusting person) - So he's still brushing MC from time to time but MC is too lazy to care about him. After MC confessed to ML about his previous life, ML began to pay attention to him and gave him a huge pit to jump into: an investment company. Btw before this, ex-bf offended a senior in their company so he needed to find a golden master which was a daughter of some bigshot. He ended up marrying this girl cos he got her pregnant. But the girl's dad always look down on ex-bf since he understands that he just used his daughter to climb up. So after getting huge returns from the 'investment company', ex-bf started getting cocky and even violent to his wife. He also kept a side lover which looks pretty similar to MC (this made ML so mad) In the end, the wife found out and stormed inside their love nest followed with police and reporters. When questioned, lover immediately said that he was forced/blackmailed by ex-bf and he's also a victim here. So ex-bf became a street mouse but he quickly changed his mindset cos he remembers that he's still rich, he'll just hire the most expensive lawyer, he believes he'll win the case since he didn't really force his lover/didn't think he would have evidence. And he doesn't like his wife anyway so its also okay to divorce. Then ML makes his move, and the investment company is reported and all assets are frozen. Ex-bf put all his money in there and even took out a loan from a private bank so now he's left with nothing. He panics and goes to find MC thinking that he can save him. He storms inside the company, and uses a spray against HongHong (MC's agent) and when he saw that it was effective he turns to MC and wanted to take an ambiguous picture with him. ML rushes in only to find that MC subdued ex-bf, (he sorta got angry that MC and HongHong played like this) then they sent ex-bf to prison.

Nanny of ML's little bun (short short appearance but she's pretty memorable to me cos she wanted to harm the little cutie)
    In MC's previous life, he saw ML's son was in a hospital. When he saw little bun in this life, he wanted to watch out for him, then he found something wrong with the nanny. He found out that little bun would fall asleep after drinking a medicinal soup/won't wake up the whole night resulting to bedwetting. He takes some soup and had it analyzed then reported it to ML. ML is angry and revenges on the nanny. A few days later, there was a short news that a woman jumped off a building. Since he's worried, he agrees that the little bun will live with MC and him from now on.

ML's 'good friend' / suspected white moonlight / Film Emperor who went back from abroad (reminds me of fake white lotuses in quick transmigration novels) - So ML has a good friend who went abroad then he comes back to China and ML still supports him. MC suspects that this friend is ML's white moonlight cos he remembers that ML used to go through lovers in his previous life but he never got serious with anyone. Anyway, let's just call him fake white lotus-senpai. Senpai already has a golden master which is some old powerful dude in a wheelchair. He wants to break free from him but old dude isn't having it. When MC and senpai had movies at the same time, he supported MC to suppress senpai to show that he can make or break him. Senpai isn't happy with MC especially when he sees how important he is to ML, he tries to exclude him in their circle of friends but little bun and ML helps him integrate. MC has a heart disease (he died from heart attack in previous life) so in this life, he finds a doctor early and regulates his health etc. One of ML's friends is a heart doctor in the same hospital as MC's doctor. He finds out about MC's disease and informs senpai. In MC's new TV series, he needs to do some fighting/action scenes so there's an instructor. Instructor is bribed to push/bully MC so he would have an attack. ML finds out and confronts his friend, he told him that he was almost an accomplice and that he should choose to resign from the hospital or he will inform the hospital (that he peeked and disclose MC's info using his doctor privilege), he chooses to resign and grateful that nothing happened to MC. ML cuts off all ties with senpai, cancelled his contract with their company and stopped all cooperation with him. So now senpai really has no one to rely on but his old powerful dude golden master. Golden master tells him to stop provoking others and not to think about breaking free from him anymore...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  3. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started mtl-ing this novel so I don't know much. BUT from where I'm currently at (and from what my pathetic brain can remember) :

• So far, there's no mention of MC's family after he gives the 5 million to them. (MC's dad isn't bad to MC. He's just a weak man who can't fight against his wife. Mom and brother are the scums.)
    • Kang Jian is currently being ignored by MC (since MC can't bring himself to pretend and be friends with him) which is confusing him since their interactions were just fine a couple days ago. KJ is still confident that he can get with MC and just basically get excited since MC is technically his type. [don't worry guys, him getting excited is only a sentence]
    • From what I currently gathered, it's a fade to black situation with all the woohoo.
    • MC's agent(? broker? manager??) was selling his private life to the paparazzi which is one of the reasons for all the various bad press MC went through is his first life. MC changes to a new dude (mtl as HongHong) right away though so no problems on that.
    • MC cooked for Hong dude a couple times which got ML jealous.
    • ML does a lot of tofu stealing. He's so handsy.
    - ML has a son, 5 years old if I'm correct. Mtl shows son's name as Qiu Xiaohai.
    - Because of MC's role in one of the TV drama(?) he's in (He plays as gentle father), QXH gets pretty attached to him. Their interactions are adorable to me.
    - After ML finds out MC and QXH met, he tries to get his son to leave MC's place and get back to his own place. The baby don't want to though. He wants to stay and live with MC. ML agrees after a bit.
    - The TV drama that MC is in is played around dinner time so when MC went to QXH's school to pick him up, ALL the kids recognized him and kept calling his character's name out. QXH grabbed onto MC and basically says that MC is his dad and is here to pick him up.
    - There was this Yang Li(?) woman? Who I think was the caretaker for QXH. QXH doesn't like YL though and hides behind(?) MC's legs while MC and YL were interacting. MC was also getting bad vibes.
    - After a while, YL hands MC some soup for QXH saying that its medicine for him since QXH is a "sickly" child. [I didn't believe this shit the moment I read it.]
    - After QXH drank the medicine, he immediately fell asleep, which surprised MC. The next morning, we find that QXH wet the bed.
    - Turns out it had some sleeping pills(?) in it.
    - MC had a dream about future QXH who's in the hospital with ML and it doesn't seem like their relationship is too good. From what I remember, whatever condition QXH is in makes ML never have him appear in front of other people. This attitude was completely different from what interactions MC saw between the two.
    - We find out that the constant intake of sleeping pills that QXH takes within those 10 years causes him to have developmental issues.
    - MC informs ML. ML takes QXH for a check up. luckily he's fine (didn't have too many intakes of the pills) but the doctor says that they'll have to keep an eye on him for 2-3 years before making sure. ML's face got dark.
    - ML investigated YL. [Sort of forgot what happened to her afterwards]
    - My baby QXH is just happy that he can stay with MC.

I swear ML is being a pervert to MC in the presences of QXH on purpose lol. ML was kissing MC on the bed after they woke up (all three of them were sleeping together) and QXH asked why ML was biting MC.

4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    I was awaiting this novel's spoilers actually, so thank you @morticia_addams for the summon. And, thanks for the spoilers~! :blobtaco:

Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @324722

5. morticia_addams

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that the last we see of the fake white lotus

6. Vemmy

Vemmy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IDK if the ml ever got revenge for the mc in the previous life, not sure if I missed it QwQ
    ML investigated YL and learnt that she was working for someone else to cause the ml's son to have developmental issues because their family is rather superstitious and traditional, they believe that having a mentally handicapped child is a curse and that branch of the family (parent and child) will be sent faaar far away, losing inheritance rights and such. The ml's father has a number of wives (I guess they're considered legal? Or family approved at least) and the ml is from a woman who isn't one of those (the most illegitimate of the illegitimate children?). The father doesn't care which son takes over as long as they're his son so its all fair game. YL's employer is the second wife (probably).

The reason she slipped sleeping pills into the soup is because when children continuously use sleeping pills over a long period of time, they interfere with brain development and such. The effects don't become apparent until many many years later, when the damage can't be undone nor can the source be traced.

She and her son are the only 'competitors' that appear. Near the end of the story, the ml's position as the heir was almost decided so, in a last ditch effort, she hired people to kill the ml while he was in a different country. Ml got into a very serious car accident.

On the night that the mc was nominated for an award, he received notice that the ml was in a car accident while on a business trip and was in emergency. He flew over with the little bun, where they stayed for 3 years before returning. Ml's accident was quite serious and he was in critical for quite a while with a chance of dying at any moment, even after waking up, there were chances that he would never be able to walk normally. During his physio(?), he struggled with walking even with a cane and was short tempered, impatient, frustrated. This in turn added pressure onto the mc because he felt that even after reincarnating, he was useless, that if it wasn't for him, the ml wouldn't have risen to the position as heir before he had the power to ward off others. He started suffering insomnia, having nightmares of his past life, and lost weight. Everything came to a head one night where he broke down during a nightmare and was desperately woken up by the ml, who had crawled from the other bed to his without the cane. All the pressure caused him to curl up in the ml's arms and confess about the reincarnation.

So fake lotus convinced another rich second generation to contact bai brother and have bai brother pay the combat trainer to push the mc's limit and cause him to have an attack (what he told the trainer was that his little brother was unfilial and wanted to teach him a lesson). Once ml found out, he went after all of them. Adding onto what was mentioned earlier, the ml dug some holes for the brother to keep losing money. He was only going to sell one of the houses but the salesperson(?) talked him into selling both because it would be a better deal. They were kicked out right after, the mother cursed and swore at the brother. Incited, the brother retaliated, hit the mother, and the mother's ankle was broken. Knowing that he screwed up (because he could be reported and fined for this), he took off with the money, leaving parents with nothing. The mother thought it was a minor injury and roughly rubbed it, making the damage permanent. The mother and father were homeless for the years the mc was gone, and the father finally came to the mc because someone else had claimed the trash...area that they lived off of. The mc told him that he would give them set sum every month and to take care of themselves, the father left. Later on, the mc would receive fresh vegetables from them. Honestly, the father knows right from wrong but he was too weak-willed to stand up to his wife and eldest son.

Can I just mention that Chou Xiao Hai, the son, basically promised himself to another boy since they were little? When they got older, the other boy thought he was slow (romantically) but he thought that they had already promised to start dating when they turn 16 (I think), twas cute.

7. morticia_addams

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the ending of the fake white lotus then? Does he still show up in another scene
    Did his gold master imprison him at the end or was he abandoned to live miserably
    What happened to the scum bro after ml punished him and the teach instructor that caused mc to get an attack

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  8. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC and ML's son relationship is really good

There is this funny moment

Xiao Hai told MC: "at class, teacher asked me who I like the most in the family. I said Dad and abai."
    MC smiled at him fondly.
    "Then teacher asked, what abai does at home? I said that abai cooks, made rabbit shaped bread, hug dad and sleep with dad."
    MC's smile was frozen. He finally regained his voice after a few moments. "Didn't I tell you that this is secret?" (MC meant the sleeping part)
    Xiao Hai nodded cutely. "That's why I don't tell her that you're sleeping naked with dad."
    MC was speechless.
    Xiao hai continued. "Then other kid at class said that is what mom's does. Abai, i want you to become my mother!"
    When ML got home that night, xiao hai was still trying to get MC to let xiao hai to call him mom.

There is also camping holiday. ML and xiao hai went fishing while MC was busy with cooking preparation.
    Everytime xiao hai or ML caught a fish, xiao hai would run back to MC.
    "Abai, i caught fish!"
    "Abai, dad caught big fish!"
    "Abai, we're going to catch a lot of fish that you like so you can eat a lot!"
    Everyone in the camping area thought, was there really a lot fish in the lake?

And it was xiao hai who playfully asked MC to marry him. He didn't truly understand what marriage was but thought it fit his situation with mC.
    "Abai, i am going to marry you."
    MC replied that, "i will think about it."
    Annoyed ML retorted. "Dream on!"
    MC slyly replied. "Since no one else propose..
    "
    The next day, ML bought ring for MC

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  9. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww, I saw mature label and thought it would be somewhat explicit smut, so what's mature then? Is there detailed goriness or violence?

Lunnear likes this.
  10. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I've read, the fake white lotus just disappears from the story after everything is over. Honestly, my heart got stuffy and I kept getting mad while I was reading. He was so confident in getting ML to like himself that I was just like 'BOOOI! DO NOT TEST ME AND MY CHILDREN' the entire time reading.

QXH told his friend turn lover (mtl-ed as Rong Zan) that he was going to marry both MC and him but RZ told him that he can only marry one of them. So after some thought QXH was all like 'I'll marry Abai and you marry my dad so we can be together'. Like. Child. No.
    And when ML bought the ring for MC, because MC couldn't wear it on his finger or on his neck (as a necklace) because of the TV drama/movie filming, he ended up losing it. Poor MC.

- QXH grew to be a cyclist.
    - RZ never let anyone sit next to him since it was always QXH who sat next to him. In the high school time skip, QXH transferred into RZ's class and sat next to him which shocked the whole class.
    - MC barged in on the two kissing (QXH was also shirtless) and basically told them to wait until they're 20.
    - The school created a cycling sports club just for QXH as it wasn't well-known in China as it was overseas.

Their wedding was held at the beach. It was really romantic guys.

11. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    That film emperor part ended there.
    Back then ML and the old man gave him choice, which one he preferred. For his career, he chose the old man.

And now his contract time with the old man is almost finished, he wanted to return to ML. But ML had MC now, so he tried to ruin their relationship. Unfortunately, by doing so he burn the bridge with ML. ML retaliated by ruining his career that if he still wanted to stay in the industry he had to stay with the old man.

The old man cared for him and actually so did Ml to a certain degree. After all he was his old flame back then, but nothing compared to how much ML loved MC. (And he ruined it all trying to hurt MC)

12. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, not from what I remember reading. I personally thought that everything was pretty tame. There's a lot of touchy touchy going on because of ML. I'm probably going off topic with this but there was this scene when MC was taken *cough*kidnapped*cough* by ML to go on a family trip at the beach. ML "helped" MC put on sunblock. Right when things were getting pretty R18, QXH comes in and scolds ML for being 'mean' to MC. [That's what you get when you try to do the pa pa pa while the kid's still around].

When they were getting MC ready for the trip, MC asked QXH if he knew where they were going and QXH was just like "I don't know" and MC just '...'
    The boy was just excited to go on a trip with his dad and MC ok.

13. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    None of the above. I think the translator put it as mature because it's not a flufffy happy story from beginning to ending.

There is MC who got together with ML by agreeing to be kept man, harsh homophobic words from MC parents and mentions of killing in few parts.

Ease and Alice-sama like this.
  14. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    QXH was in tears while MC has a really complicated look. Basically the whole 'I want to call you mom! Why can't I?' was going in circles for a good long while by the time ML came home. So ML told QXH to call MC 'mom' in his heart while he says 'Abai' and see if that works out. It worked. Problem solved. LOL.

As all ya'll can tell, I THRIVE for QXH and the family interactions. It's way too cute.

15. Kailyria20

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would that be rated 'mature' i don't get it, wouldn't that be 'angst' label instead?
    To me, mature would be explicit violence, gore, smut or things of that nature which is nsfw...

Lunnear likes this.
  16. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC told ML about his past life. MC basically told him everything after ML got into a car accident which damaged his legs (He fine tho.) MC was scared since this didn't happen in his previous life but thought that because of him and the whole butterfly effect, that ML got hurt.
    ML believed MC 100%. ML also helped MC get revenge on his ex even though MC didn't really mind. ML did though since ex-bf kept makes eyes at MC.
    Tbh, while the scum ex deserved what he got, I still felt a tad bit bad for the guy. Just a tiny bit though. The guy is still a complete scum.

17. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a different view of mature tag. For some, mature means violence, gore, smut etc
    For me and probably the translator too, mature tag here means the story is targeted towards adult than teenagers so there is wider scope of the story like struggle in work, difficulty in life, acceptance from society. Mature doesn't equal to smut. If I want to read smut I will click novel that has smut tag.
    It's like japanese genre. Shoujo means its target is girl. Josei means its target is older teenage girls and adult woman.

18. Vemmy

Vemmy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fake white lotus was given a choice at the beginning, either career or freedom, but he wanted both. The only way to get both would be if ml interfered, but the ml had the mc and wasn't willing to be pitted against someone else just because the fake lotus was greedy.
    The lotus felt that it was the mc interfering and so he basically threatened the ml's doctor friend to help him separate the two. The doctor friend had just been transferred to the hospital the mc visited secretly and saw the mc leaving after examinations. The doctor friend used his position to look at the mc's file and told what he saw to fake white lotus. The fake lotus used this for that plot against the mc. This was discovered before the mc actually suffered damage, ml walked in on the mc being pushed way past his limit and beat up the instructor. At a family party of one of their friends, the old master of the Rong family had a heart attack and they didn't have medication (I dont't think anyone knew he had heart problems?). As they were waiting for the helicopter to come take them to a hospital, mc stepped forward and gave them his medicine (It's a general one that's supposed to help keep the patient going until they get professional help), so the ml learnt about his body's condition. Note that although the ml knew that mc suffered at the hands of the instructor, he was only angry that the mc was getting pushed too hard, and was still going to take his time getting rid of the fake lotus because he didn't know the actual purpose of the plot. He knows now though and reached an agreement with the golden master. The ml received monetary compensation and help on having documents passed for this major project he was responsible for in return for publicly abandoning the white lotus and basically ruining his career so he could only stay with the gold master. He left the entertainment circle and doesn't appear again.

Scum bro was reported by mother after he broke mother's leg and became a criminal. I think he was jailed but not sure o.o

19. Kailyria20

Reading List:
    Link
    Mature doesn't always mean smut I know, and please don't assume that i said this only because of smut, mature usually means something that's not suitable for teens or children and usually it's extreme violence, severe psychological themes that can lead to suicide, or sex, which is why i asked, for example, when a character is being tortured/killed in a detailed manner there are scenes of gore like in an apocalyptic setting like zombies, explicit descriptions such as guts/brains/limbs spilling out due to being ripped out or blunt trauma etc, or someone suffering so much they just think of killing themselves or killing others.

Oh well, I think there should be a separate label for a situation like that, because it's present in some modern teen novels mostly, struggles of that nature is not only apparent in adult life, teens also deal with such a thing in modern society and such things are not foreign or hard to accept imo, alot of teen novels nowadays has such themes to them, struggling with self, social, and familial contradictions and such related dark side of themes are presented....well ignore all this if it seems off from your point of view, this is just my opinion... I don't believe that labeling a book mature because of such is not the correct tag because it's not only present in adult-targeted novels, struggling in society is not necessarily only an adult thing.

Ofc this is based off the impression i got from the spoiler and what you mention.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  20. Supapa

Supapa Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I know where to read the raw?

Because the one I read there aren't any scene of MC and ML got married and scene about the ex-bf ending??? I want to cry

Lunnear likes this.