Spoiler (BL) Scum Shou's survival guide

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Dragon_Reader, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Dummy

Dummy Need nyans

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh oh it looks interesting just a little complicated :aww:

2. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC wakes up to find himself inside HIX. 888 informs him that he’s lucky that the pain block is in effect otherwise he would be in indescribable pain. Also MC has been in this state for 3 years.

Even though MC destroyed the copied info when he fled, Roy had used his fingerprints and iris to steal the secrets and hand them over to HIX. So HIX’s attack had defeated thousands of human bases in one fell swoop - billions of people died. (The numbers fluctuate using MTL so just assume lots of ppl died ok?)

Harvey’s identity as an infected human was confirmed and all the blame was placed on him as a traitor. As his lover, Corson was also under suspicion and underwent torture (after he stabilized the situation with HIX) as they interrogated him. But the royal family had come out in his defense, so he was eventually cleared of wrongdoing and released. Corson personally issued a reward for Harvey - kill on sight.

Since Corson was stationed on the frontline, HIX could not progress any further, therefore he wanted to use Harvey again to break the deadlock (after Harvey’s ‘betrayal’ the humans had raised their vigilance even further and it was difficult for spies to infiltrate).

After one month, Harvey was spit out from HIX’s body. Harvey begs forgiveness and promises to be obedient. HIX says he can give him another chance but if he betrays him again he will integrate him into his body so he can live there forever.

MC is given a new identity and his looks have been altered (blonde hair blue eyes to black hair purple eyes) - Calvin, a normal low-ranking non-commissioned officer of the peripheral forces. This was arranged by Roy, who doesn’t know that Calvin is the previous Harvey - HIX kept it from him.

MC goes out for happy time with his buddies and overhears that Corson is coming to do an inspection of their base.

Time passed quickly, and soon Corson comes to inspect the base. He is described as being tall, with short brown hair and dark red eyes (add in other usual adjectives like perfect and handsome etc etc).

As Corson is about to head back, he suddenly sees someone that makes him stop in his tracks.

That man’s back is so familiar.

That back, he will never forget... that person he once trusted, appreciated, loved with all his heart, and who finally betrayed him.

He stood there for a moment before realising he was being ridiculous. It’s impossible that it’s him, it’s merely someone whose back looks similar.

He’s about to continue walking when suddenly the man turns and their eyes meet.

At this moment, an inexplicable feeling of familiarity passes through him. His frozen heart seemed to momentarily come alive again. He looked at his eyes again, and realised his face was completely different from Harvey’s.

Later Corson speaks to Colonel Raines and asks him when was the last time they had a routine test (for infected humans). He instructs him to conduct an all-round test for quality using the excuse that Corson intends to select people for his team. He will wait for it to be completed before departing. Raines is shocked because even the best soldiers here do not qualify for Corson’s elite squad.

Colonel Brod (Broad?) asks Corson why he is doing this, does he suspect they’ve been infiltrated? They already told the head of another base (C331)that they would visit tomorrow. Corson says that he saw someone today and felt that something was wrong, and asks Brod to inform C331 that he will be delayed for 2 days.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Pfuong, SourKandy, Alice-sama and 8 others like this.
  3. keitsu

keitsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just read the first arc and it is filled with eyes rubbed by chilli, omg

Darcy likes this.
  4. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Corson’s blackening points start at 100.

The soldiers are tested, those who perform well will be able to join the Marshal’s guard team (apparently a big deal). Part of the test of course includes the screening for infected people.

Infected person testing is divided into genetic and psychological components. After years of improvement, these two tests are enough to identify 99.9% of infected people. Genetic testing detects the presence of a foreign animal in a soldier whereas psychological testing checks the emotional reaction of the soldiers. According to experience, the infected person created by HIX has a human appearance, but lacks human emotions.

Because the detection mechanism is getting better, the probability of infiltration in the past two years has dropped significantly. Therefore, a infected person has rarely been seen and everyone is quite relaxed about the testing. However, an infected person is discovered right before MC’s turn comes. It attacks MC’s friend Charlie and MC pushes him out of the way. The infected person is killed swiftly.

The testing continues and MC passes. He does not dare perform too well lest he falls under suspicion. The data of all the people who received Grade A and above were passed to Corson but he asks for the info of all personnel. After several hours of review, he selects MC to take with him, quoting his fast reflexes when he saved his buddy earlier as the reason to Raines.

However, privately to Brod, he says that he suspects MC is an infected person and tells him to personally monitor him. MC joins Corson’s team.

MC is given a new uniform, Brod will be his direct superior. He’s given a card and room(?? Doesn’t he already have one though) and the room has surveillance equipment so all his actions can be seen. Corson demands that live footage be sent to his communicator.

Corson turns on the camera. MC turns his back to the camera and strips, changing into the new uniform. With that familiar back wearing that uniform, even the gestures taken when changing are similar to that person. Corson is lost in past memories, remembering another time when he saw the same scene.

Suddenly MC turns and smiles at the camera. Corson shuts off the camera.

This person cannot be him!

That traitor, how could he dare to come back to him. If he still wants to live, he should stay under the protection of Hicks for his lifetime, otherwise he will not forgive him!

Brod hands him his access card and tells him that he can access the lower levels in general but not the other areas. His duties will be decided once they get back to base A001, meanwhile he’s the coffee boy (lol). MC makes Brod’s coffee the way he likes it (sweeter than usual) and Brod is suspicious. MC covers by saying that he likes it sweet and carelessly made Brod’s like that without thinking and apologises.

Brod observes his back and suddenly feels he is similar to Harvey. He pours away the cup of coffee half-drunk... the coffee is to his liking but not the person who poured it.

MC is also monitoring Brod and Corson via 888. Brod hates Harvey because his younger brother had died in the last attack (and everyone belives Harvey had betrayed them).

MC decides to do something to catch Corson’s attention. He goes into the city (in casual clothes) and finds a little girl being bullied by hooligans who want to take her food. MC beats them up easily despite the fact that they have mechanical prosthetics (you know like the type you see in steampunk and mecha anime). They are shocked, this guy is at least an A-level! They quickly run away.

MC speaks to the girl and she cries while saying that she’s from the now destroyed Frederick Fortress, and had fled here with her father. But now he is sick and she can only steal food, but was caught...

MC gives her all his money and tells her to use it to take her father to a doctor. Previously he had only wanted to emulate a person that Corson would like, however over time, he started to feel conflicted and that ‘he is more willing to be a human being, and live with humans rather than the ferocious alien beasts’.

Corson is watching MC. In his eyes, his figure almost overlaps with a blonde figure from his past.

Their every move, every look, every sentence, was so similar.

It's like the same soul in different shells.

Who are you?

MC is eating when Corson joins him at the table (he’s always eaten with his men). MC’s dinner is a piece of grilled winged meat with black pepper sauce, a glass of milk, and two blue fruits from Nass.

Cosson looked at all of this and felt his eyes stinging again.

Why... Even everything in front of me is exactly the same.

They used to eat together in the restaurant. When he saw that Harvey always ate the same thing, he asked why. Harvey said that he was too lazy to change and that shows that he was not an inconstant and fickle person.

Corson still remembers the beating of his heart at that moment. He wanted to ask: So, if you liked me, does that mean that would never change as well?

But at the time, he was afraid to ask.

Then afterwards, there were no more chances to ask.

MC and ML converse. MC considers telling him that Roy is a traitor but dismisses the idea. He is just a low ranking soldier, his words wouldn’t hold weight. ML asks him what he thinks of Harvey. MC says that he was a traitor. ML says that he used to be his lover but betrayed him and trusting him was the biggest mistake he ever made, causing countless lives to be lost and the destruction of Frederick Fortress. MC consoles him, saying it wasn’t his fault, it was Harveys. ML replies: “Both of us were at fault.”

Then he stood up and left.

MC’s thoughts:

你很痛苦吧,可是我却已经无法抚-慰你受伤的心,因为你的一切苦难……都是我带来的。

如果能够重来,我宁可死去,也不愿意让你这样悲伤。

You’ve suffered a lot, haven’t you? But I am already unable to console your wounded heart. Because all your suffering.....was caused by me.

If I could redo everything, I would rather die than be willing to let you be so unhappy.

Argh that scene when they were eating was sad... I read the raw for that part and tried my best to translate some bits (in bold). (Other things are MTL cuz I’m lazy :blobcheeky:)

Pfuong, SourKandy, Alice-sama and 7 others like this.
  5. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Corson comes away from the conversation thinking that Calvin may be Harvey. Originally, he only thought that Calvin was suspicious because he reminded him of Harvey and also his own intuition.

He called Brod over and told him his theory. Brod is in a rage and wants to kill Calvin immediately but Corson tells him not to be impulsive as he hasn’t confirmed his identity yet. They set a trap....

The next day, Brod takes Calvin out on a mission to rescue a trapped squad (they are each piloting a fighter (jet?)) near the C452 base not far away. They are beseiged by a group of winged snake beasts and Calvin is separated from Brod. He sees a familiar mountain, swoops down and ejects himself and lands.

He had been here together with Corson many years ago, before the destruction of Frederick Fortress and it was beautiful and green, with clear water and animals. He remembers that there was a hidden refuge in this mountain. He finds the hidden switch and enters the password. A solid heavy metal door quickly opened. The level of this refuge is sufficient to withstand a few winged beasts.

He remembers when Corson brought him here, at the time he wondered why he wanted to come here and thought the extra trip was unnecessary. Thinking about it... perhaps Corson had just wanted the chance to be alone with him.

MC touches his shoulder, it is bloody and his wound still hurt. He remembers Corson telling him about this refuge and how he hopes it will never have to be used (because there was Frederick Fortress back then). MC goes to the storage room but there is no food left as it had been used/moved during the war.

However, the emergency reserve, which (I think) Corson kept aside specially for him is still intact and MC keys in the password (Corson’s highest authority key) for it.

They are always at the forefront of the war. He is not afraid of his own death, but still hopes that the person he loves can live well.

A small room appeared, there was not much inside, only a simple medical treatment device, and some solid food. MC treats his wound, took some medicine and ate the food.

Corson stood in his starship, observing everything. When MC fell into the foothills and skillfully entered the password into the abandoned shelter, his mind actually already had the answer.

But he still looked down.

He watched as MC found the reserve, and healed himself. At this moment it was as if he’d gone back into the past, back when MC and him were there together.

He liked this person very much, and he was deeply attracted to him unconsciously. However, he was not good at pursuing others, he didn't know much about romance, and he didn't confess because he was afraid of rejection.

They were always busy, always at war and never had time for love. That time, he delayed the trip on purpose and sneaked in with Ye Ming to come here - he just wanted a chance to be alone with him.

Before leaving, he came here with Ye Ming, told him how to open the refuge, and told him his own highest authority key. This is his way of loving this person, he’s even willing to die to protect him.

So he thought, even if it’s of no use, I hope that you will know, that I am willing to share everything with you.

I can't defy the established rules to give you more, but just an emergency refuge permission key, I can still give it to you. This is also the first time I broke the rules for the sake of one person.

I hope that you can always live well, my most beloved person...

(This part is actually very sweet and I’m not translating it properly haha. It’s basically Corson thinking that even if he dies he hopes that MC will always continue living happily - in chinese the common phrase is 好好活下去. The raw is much better than my summaries so if you get the chance, do read it....)

Lol I forgot that I liked this arc quite a lot as well.... Corson is actually a sweetheart even if he’s not very expressive. I like reading his thoughts.

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    MC’s thoughts at end of Pt 7, is that true? It seems so out of character for him to think that since he didn’t hesitate to betray ML before

7. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn’t betray ML though. He’d completed the mission so he let Corson know he was an infected person and stole important secrets to make it look like he was a traitor (this is scum idiot MC and not ‘Harvey’). But he destroyed the copied data when was running away. It was only that he was caught by Roy who then used his thumbprint and iris to steal the secrets and hand it over to HIX.

As for ‘Harvey’, well you know the drill. There’s been a misunderstanding somewhere. Those thoughts in pt 7 are ‘Harvey’s’ and not MCs.

Or are you referring to MC’s feelings and not ‘Harvey’? Yeah, he still the same scum as usual ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Heungbo, Pfuong, jhoelaf and 2 others like this.
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok! If those feelings belong to Harvey, then it make sense. Cuz it seems too OOC for MC to feel bad that he made ML suffer

9. Dummy

Dummy Need nyans

Reading List:
    Link
    oh oh i finally read this arc :blobcry: thank god for the summaries it was easier to follow through the story. I personally feel that the shou got off too lightly this time but the ending was satisfying :blobmelt::blobmelt: Thank you so much for your spoilers hehe :blobsmilehappyeyes:

10. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I usually don’t bother mentioning the (actual) MC in my summaries unless it’s actually relevant to the plot. I’m more invested in the character that he plays (lol I think I’ve mentioned this a few times already but I really don’t care for the MC )... though I will let you all know if MC actually falls for ML at some point in the story

11. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem :)

I found this one quite easy tbh, compared to the cultivation one. Luckily there was already a summary for that one up on the forum.

The shou.... well, in a way I felt it was ok to let off easier this time because he somewhat ‘deserved’ it by doing the right thing and not betraying humanity.

Dummy likes this.
  12. laziest

laziest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks a lot for those summaries :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    really like it :blobrofl::blobrofl:
    cant wait for the apocalypse and the ending of the interstellar arc :aww::aww:

13. Cleo0023

Cleo0023 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone can tell how many arcs there is?

14. laziest

laziest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    theres 8 or 9 i think?

15. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was arc 2 already spoiled if not then plz provide some summaries:aww:

16. Cleo0023

Cleo0023 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already. You can scrolling through

17. DaBrick

DaBrick Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the spoilers about interstellar arc, it sounds really interesting and I mtl it and it's really one of the best arc i ever read :aww: it's a pretty long arc but absolutely worth it:blobokhand:.

This is one of the arc where MC didn't actually betray ML. But still sad ending.. Yeah.. I pity both MC and ML of this world :blobsad:

18. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    So now they know that Calvin = Harvey since he knows things only Harvey will know. Corson and Brod go and pick him up from the shelter. Corson says he wants to make use of Calvin to strike a blow at HIX (and also to weed out other traitors in the army). Corson takes Calvin to the Hall of Souls where heroes who have fallen in defense of the humanity are honoured. The brightest gold plate belongs to Prince Saan who sacrificed his life so that they could evacuate the people in time. He was Corson’s best friend, they never recovered his body.

Calvin suggests the possibility that Harvey did not betray them and it was someone else. Corson coldly denies it, saying infected people are no longer human. He tells Calvin his physical fitness is insufficient to be in the team currently so meanwhile he will be Corson’s serviceman (giving him a chance to be close to Corson). Corson tells him to take off his clothes and that his duties will also involve satisfying his desires. If he isn’t willing then he can leave. Calvin of course agrees and they have sex. Afterwards Corson sends him to Brod for training and MC is further bullied. He is pitted against a powerful A class fighter and beaten up.

Later on Corson makes him put in a plug and go about his activities with it inside, MC faints from the excessive training. Corson picks him up in his arms and still pities him when he sees the condition he’s in. Points drop to 95. When MC wakes up Corson demands that he take off his clothes so he can see the results of the other ‘training’. MC is in bad shape with some dried blood stuck to his pants, points further drop to 90.

One day after another session of rough sex, MC leaves Corson’s room (with a hickey on his neck) and is seen by Roy. Roy is angry because yet again an infected person has climbed his way into Corson’s bed (where Roy wants to be pfft). Roy had been lured over by a good friend who was also an infected, seeing that he was jealous of Harvey, offered him the opportunity to shine like Harvey and also let him know Harvey’s true identity. However, Roy could never replace Harvey’s position in Corson’s heart even after exposing Harvey.

MC intends to expose Roy as the real traitor. One day, when Corson leaves him alone in the office, he steals data, sending it to Roy, while leaving a loophole for Corson to track the location of the data.

At this point Corson is already starting to waver and have doubts on whether MC really betrayed them. While he is talking with Brod, the notification comes through that his computer has been hacked. Calvin (not MC’s thoughts) only wants to expose Roy and then let himself be killed. He pulls out a dagger and attacks Corson but misses (on purpose). He then turns the dagger on himself and stabs his own throat. Corson stops him from commiting suicide and injects him with a tranquiliser.

Corson’s trust (and heart) is broken again. He tortures MC for information. He brings in a doctor who injects this separating agent (originally meant to cure infected people but not successful, all it does is expose the type of alien beast) that causes extreme pain to infecteds. However, when MC is injected, he still remains human except that his right eye changes colour from violet to gold. MC realises this colour is the same as HIX, i.e. he was made from a part of HIX.

Corson reveals to MC that he knows that he is Harvey. The tech people manage to trace the data to Roy. Everyone is shocked since Roy is 100% human. Roy is arrested and says he was framed but admits he’s a spy after being tortured for 20 minutes. He exposes all the infected people and all of them are arrested. However, he still insists that he did not steal the data. Roy finds out that Calvin is actually Harvey, goes crazy, thinking that it was orchestrated by HIX to get rid of him, sinks into despair. He asks Corson if Harvey has also been tortured, or if he is dead. Corson, sensing that his answer would affect the reply that he got, told Roy that he has already been executed.

Roy smiles and is satisfied with the answer. He laughs happily saying he will tell Corson everything now. He then tells him the truth of what happened years ago, that Harvey did not betray him and the secrets were stolen by himself, using Harvey’s fingerprints and iris. Roy scoffs at Harvey, an infected person, trying to betray HIX and obtain Corson’s love.

He then tells Corson that he has personally captured Harvey and sent him back to HIX and that HIX had tortured him for three years. He laughs at how pathetic MC is, betraying HIX and getting tortured only to come back and be hurt by the person he loves.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Pfuong, jhoelaf, SourKandy and 8 others like this.
  19. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Corson is floored by the revelation. He quickly runs to where MC is. MC is lying on the metal bed, eyes closed, covered in blood. There is so much blood that it drips off the table and forms a pool on the floor. Corson immediately slams on the first aid button.

Corson is remorseful, the blackening value drops by 70 to 20%.

The first aid staff come quickly and inject MC with a rapid coagulant and prepare to send him to medical, however Corson orders them to prepare his first-aid cabin (highest-level emergency treatment facility. Only when the marshal is in danger of losing his life can he use it). All the medic staff are uncomfortable using it to save an infected person. Nevertheless, they obey and Harvey stabilises.

When Brod hears about it he thinks Corson has lost his mind, goes to confront him. Corson tells him to read Roy’s confession, telling him that Harvey is not a traitor. Brod does that and feels guilty and ashamed when he finds out the truth. Five days later MC is fully healed but still sleeping. Corson takes him to his house and cares for him.

MC wakes up, looks into Corson’s eyes and says “You already know.” He tells him he doesn’t blame him for what happened. MC says that Corson was supposed to kill him that time in the interrogation room. To shelter an infected person will only bring him enemies. Corson says he will protect him and to trust in him.

Brod comes by to apologise and also says he will protect MC. Somehow on the internet, MC’s confession video where he admitted he was Harvey, is being circulated. The people are angry, demanding that Corson give him up to face justice. There are people coming out to say that Roy only said such words because he has always loved Corson and was jealous of Harvey, that it was not a true account. Some ppl say it was orchestrated by Corson to save Harvey. Ppl start to question Corson’s character and ability, MC suspects HIX’s hand in this.

Corson is in a meeting, being verbally attacked by some other high ranking officers. They want to execute Harvey as the scapegoat. Harvey overhears the discussion.

Later the person who released Harvey’s video contacts him saying he wants to meet up. It turns out to be the doctor who injected him with the separating agent. He is being controlled by HIX, who tells Harvey that he is disappointed that he has betrayed him again, tells Harvey to return and be absorbed into himself forever. Harvey is frozen in fear when suddenly the doctor’s head explodes. Corson has just shot him, MC sees a tentacle crawling around on the floor and shoots that as well. Looks like HIX can control people even if they’re not infected but the method is more difficult.

MC explains that it was premeditated, HIX wants to use him to divide the human army. MC tells Corson to hand him over but Corson refuses. Another General appears to arrest MC and Brod stops him while telling them to escape.

At this critical moment a silver mecha arrives. It is piloted by Princess Veronica(?), Prince Saan’s twin sister. She has beautiful purple eyes.

MC tells 888 to do a gene matching and 888 confirms that Harvey was originally Prince Saan.

(Surprise! Who guessed this? XD)

Pfuong, jhoelaf, SourKandy and 8 others like this.
  20. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Corson was the one who asked her to come. He intends to let her protect Harvey while he searches for evidence of his innocence. Veronica respects Corson because he is the only one who risked his life to save her brother. Even though he was too late but she still appreciates the fact. She believes Corson is not the type to shelter a traitor, so she chooses to help him.

Harvey (and not MC) feels that Veronica is somehow familiar to him. They go to Veronica’s temporary residence provide by the A001 base. Corson tells Harvey he will find the evidence soon. Harvey says it doesn’t matter what others think as long as HIX’s plot is foiled. He doesn’t want to drag Corson down. Corson says even if that is so, he cares and won’t let others slander him. They tell each other ‘I love you’ and blackening drops to 5.

Saan’s mech was brought back by Corson. Veronica uses it in memory of her brother. Veronica leaves for 10 days with Corson to do battle against alien beasts. Harvey goes to meet her when she comes back and she tells him not to worry about her because she is strong. He then smiles and pats her head before realising it is inappropriate and apologising.

Veronica is stunned and surprised that she does not even feel angry. Harvey stares at the mech, Veronica has gone to wash up. When she returns he is still there.

She tells him that the mech is the most expensive and advanced int he whole country. Only she and her brother can pilot it as they use DNA recognition. She then asks if he would like to go into the cockpit. He jumps up and tentatively touches the controls.

A female voice suddenly speaks in his ear: "Your Royal Highness Saan, I haven't seen you in a long time, welcome back”. Veronica is on the ground waiting for Harvey to come back when she hears the roar of the engine and looks up in shock. She sees Harvey standing there and hears the words said by the AI. She covers her mouth and bursts into tears.

Corson has also just returned from his business at the base. He sees the same scene as Veronica.