Spoiler (BL) The King's Game

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by rainbowturtle, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, isn'it Rainowturtle? Or maybe I misunderstood? :blobpats:

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah it is, I forgot :whistle:

3. Victuuri

Victuuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I'm confused here :sweating_profusely:
    I've been MTLing arc 1 for a while.. It keep says the MC as youth or young man. Did MC transmigration as his 23 years old self? Or as a baby? Because ML and his subordinates treating him as a cub (babying him, feed him milk, carry him around, and he just hatchling from the egg) but his description is not like a baby (and the human misunderstood him as a prisoner). MC description as human youth keeps popping almost in every paragraph make it harder to ignore and established his image :blobdead:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Ease and kiara8 like this.
  4. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    You got confused, MC is a Zerg he was born from a egg the same day he transmigrate to that world (he was born with his juvenile appearance from his original world). The reason everyone treat him like a child is because for the Zergs he was just a cub that was just recently born, even when he pass the stage and is a juvenile Zerg that do not need to sleep after eating everyone treat him like a baby (parent syndrome) because they like him. :blobpopcorn_cool:
    By the was when they visit the goblins country and there was an invasion his pupils became like the Zergs and when he wake up he is in a cub state (like a little chicken or something). :blobtriumph:cute
    Normal Zergs are born with the form of an animal with different characteristics and are super cute, but the MC is different he is born with the form of a human and almost at the end is that he transform to a cub Zerg.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Kaylee, Helaine, Rangeles and 9 others like this.
  5. Victuuri

Victuuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:I see, So ML always carries him in juvenile form. A little weird, but at least i can establish his image now.

Haha :blobxd:so cute!!
    Does the MC chirp to like ML?

Helaine and lizabernal96 like this.
  6. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but the MC do not have wings and his tail is fluffy, like a fox or cat.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Helaine and kiara8 like this.
  7. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Waaahhhh, thanks sooo much @rainbowturtle -san for picking up yet another gem. I'm soo excited for this!!! I'm not gonna be camping for spoilers though. I'm gonna eagerly await the releases

Helaine and Tintl like this.
  8. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for picking this up!! Looking forward to the fluff!

Tintl likes this.
  9. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clicks "Watch thread"... When it does translate... please post the link here...:notworthy::sushi_tea:

Tintl likes this.
  10. li.king24

li.king24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whos translating this novel link plsss

Tintl likes this.
  11. Anie

Anie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes:blobnosebleed: Yes:blobnosebleed: and yes! :blobnosebleed:I love this author and the fluffy novels.:blobsmilehappyeyes::blobxd::blobmelt:

Tintl likes this.
  12. Tintl

Tintl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can’t wait for translation!
    *is reluctant to mtl it since mtl always makes me lose interest*

waraa likes this.
  13. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished mtl this last month, but not rly my taste bc everyone around MC pampered him too much. Though i know why he was so pampered bc of his real identity, but it was personally too much and per arc keep repeating the same patern (where everyone will pamper MC, and ML falls in love right away) . . . and there was no real opponent or other contestants of the game. At first i thought i would see an exciting game where MC and other contestants will take over each other . . . but apparently not, bc only one contestant suddenly appear close to arc 4 (or was it 3 ? i forgot) and saying about he'll give up this arc bc MC won and he'll make everything worse for MC on later arc, though during that arc there's no hint of his presence . . . only at the last arc he appeared and ofc defeated like a real cannon fodder.

Sorry, it was only my personal opinion orz

14. rainbowturtle

rainbowturtle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, this is a sweet and fluffy novel, not one where a lot happens. I loved the first and last arc, as well as the explanation for everything i.e. the system, why the ML falls in love with him so quickly, etc.
    The arcs in the middle did drag on sometimes, but there were parts about each arc that I loved.
    It satisfied my mood for cuteness and was a change of pace from the other novels I'm reading.

Unfortunately, I won't be translating this right away. I've read other danmei novels that have shot above the King's Game on my want-to-translate list (it is in 3rd/4th place). Anybody who wants to is free to pick it up. If it is still available by the time I get to it on the list, then I will translate it

funismyname, mmem, cirrus74 and 4 others like this.
  15. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    I am MTLing and this story is very easy in MTL and am in arc 1.

*Deep breath* THE ML IS TOO FREAKING ADORABLE! THE ML IS TOO FREAKING CUTE! THE ML HAS WINGS IN HIS YOUNG FORM BUT CANNOT FLY AND DEMONSTRATES THIS TO MC BY HOPPING AROUND! MC THINKS ALOUD THAT THERE ARE NO FLOWERS HE HAS SEEN TILL NOW (coz flowers r v v rare) AND ML WAKES HIM UP WITH A FLOWER!

I WANT THIS ML! WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS HE? WHY IS MY LIFE SO EMPTY WITHOUT THIS ML! OH DEAR SYSTEM, BIND ME BIND ME BIND ME!

*Collapsing and weeping due to lack of favourable males around*

16. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a bit of it... Though the story is really a bit too fluffy and sweet for my tastes...
    So here you go, though it's not complete..
    So Arc 2 is a cultivation world place (but it seems to focus on spirits or something...)

Anyway, the spirits in the spirit world seem to be searching for someone, but they can't find that someone because they didn't search the place MC is in because they thought it was too small and he wouldn't be there.

So MC woke up as a outer sect disciple or something. And then he managed to make people like him or sth, he was taken in by some powerful monk (or sth) and some people were like no, why MC? Cause MCs qualifications weren't that good... Though when MC arrived in the new body, his spiritual power from the other world came with him.

So then some stuff happened, and there was a competitiom. MC fought this guy who summoned the spirit of his family, which was a white tiger.

Unfortunately, the when the white tiger saw MC, it acted like a pet to MC. And the other guy was like !!!. Then the white tiger stayed to watch the rest of the matches. (Actually, it just wanted to stay with MC, but the guy who summoned it was like 'yay, it wants to watch me compete')

Then some more stuff happened, I think MC won the competition and they wanted to make mc pay respect to this nightmare spirit(?). So MC did and the nightmare spirit brought them (MC and some other monks) into its world.

There was a peach blossom tree (?) there and MC reached out and touched it. Then all the monks were like 'stop' because the spirits would retaliate fiercely to anyone who touched the flowers.

One day the spirits woke up and were like let's plant some flowers, they didn't know why but they did it. Then they went to sleep and since then whenever someone touched the flowers, they would attack.
    The flowers were a gift for MC or sth...

But instead of getting hurt, the ML appeared, and broke off a branch for MC. MC and ML talked, and MC told ML to come get him. ML agreed, before he sternly warned all the monks to take care of MC, gave them some spiritual energy or something to make them more powerful.

Oh, and MC found out that his task in the world was to ensure that there would still be spiritual energy or something...
    Sorry for the terrible summary, since I kinda skipped parts when I was reading...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    kiara8, funismyname, mmem and 13 others like this.
  17. Dragon_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit more on arc 2 -
    The org host body is killed due to extreme bullying since he had the worst talent amongst all disciplines and has not progressed in the 4 years he has been in the sect (So this part really pissed me off coz the org's death due to bullying was literally brushed off as if it was nothing by the MC. That made me sad). MC gets some sort of a mark on his body which gets darker as the days go by. MC beats up the bullies (this is NOT coz he felt pity for the org host but coz they would bully him), so now the bullies are cautious of him. There is a big tournament where the outside disciples can compete and maybe get to be inside disciples. MC is chosen due to his experience (host body - 4 years). MC does NOT fight. Except the bullies sneak in his name in the goblet which spits it out just when the final winner of the tournament, some Chu heir, is going to be announced (think Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire :blob_grin:). So MC decides to fight a bit and loose, coz he doesn't even know the details of the mission and wants to get more info. Except the Chu heir calls to his family's deity spirit, a powerful white tiger, to fight (Chu heir is 4th stage or something whereas MC is 1st stage. It's obvious Chu heir would have won without any problem. But he stills calls for the deity who is super powerful for NO freaking reason. Meh. Plot armour, I guess). And the above summary of @Land of The Fallen . Everybody thinks that the white tiger didn't attack MC coz it felt MC was beneath its notice (well, duh). Except when Chu heir attacks, white tiger attack Chu heir and almost kills him before MC stops the white tiger. MC is declared winner.

kiara8, mmem, maya_sov and 14 others like this.
  18. Dragon_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    PURE ML ALERT!!! First Arc, ML thinks that 'mating' means to coil his tail around MC's tail. LITERALLY. He keeps stroking MC's furry tail with his tail and when MC asks "What r u doing? What does this signify?" ML replies "Mating." And MC is :blobsleepless:... And then teaches ML about sex!

CAN THERE EVER HAVE BEEN SUCH A PURE AND ADORABLE ML EVER???!!!!

kiara8, mmem, mechamecha and 16 others like this.
  19. Tintl

Tintl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the translator still going to translate this!!??!?!?
    (was originally kind of “ehh, if they don’t translate it it’d be fine since so many other stuff to read but still kinda interesting” but now after reading Dragon_Reader, I’m totally hyped for this and getting unreasonably desperate *eyebrows scrunched up in frustration and impatience*)

Helaine, Rangeles and Dragon_Reader like this.
  20. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator said (s)he won't be translated it right away- you can just scroll up and see what she said.

Tbh, when reading the first arc i thought it was cute too, but 2nd arc they pamper MC again, 3rd arc, 4th arc, then 5th arc also like that, so i thought it's a bit too much of fluff lol

lizabernal96 likes this.