Novel [BL] The Memorti's Embrace - Ch. 3 is up!

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Corensi, Mar 30, 2018.

?

Which love interest are you leaning towards more?

1. Crown Prince Friedrich von Celosia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Curio Amaranthus (The Memorti)

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    So I found some of my old works on google docs and decided to post them. Well, this little BL story I made isn't even finished yet, but I'm currently in a severe slump and I don't think I'll be writing anytime soon. I'm hoping that by getting this story out there, I can be motivated to finish it. Don't hope though. I'm one of those authors who readers probably want to kill. Anyways...

Title: The Memorti's Embrace
    Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, BL, Shounen-ai, Yaoi (later on maybe, if ever), Angst, probable ntr
    Synopsis:
    I was a lesser noble with no chance of inheriting my family’s title before my magical talent got me into the prestigious Royal Academy. There, I made a name for myself as a prodigious mage that was expected to reach the God Level before I turned 18. I broke free from the bleak future that awaited me if I remained as one of the many sons of my father. That’s why I deeply cherished the Academy. It gave me a chance to be more than a worthless noble son. It empowered me to reach new heights.

But, there was another reason why I enjoyed my time within the institution. Within its campus, I found him—the one I loved.

Although I was a man and he who I cherished was of the same gender, I didn’t mind it. We had mutual feelings for each other, and that was what mattered. My heart was his and his was mine. Aside from that, homosexual relationships were more or less accepted within the kingdom. However, our love had to be hidden because of his status as the Crown Prince.

I had planned to become someone worthy of him by earning the title of the youngest God Level mage.

I had planned to support him with both my affection and my magical talent.

I had planned to stay with him until later on in our lives, helping rule the kingdom side-by-side.

However, my plans were shattered as he actually loved another.

Table of Contents:
    *flops around* why can't I finish a single novel I write??? Ahem, anyways, since this was written some time ago, it's not as polished as my current works. There may be plot holes, as I've only written up until Ch.2, but I swear I've got the whole storyline outlined (more or less). The premise seems pretty common though, so there's that. And for godsake, that kissing scene seems so abrupt!! Ahh well, I'm not in the right frame of mind right now so insult myself coherently.

Note: If I don't ever get the motivation to finish this, I'll just post what I had written of Chapter 3 so far and summarize what was supposed to happen for the rest of the novel.

If you don't like Bl or Danmei, kindly refrain from being rude. Just don't read, simple as that.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1
    Lucas el Alstromeria was one of the most promising mages in all of the Royal Academy. His latent magical abilities combined with his innovative mind helped him weave complex arrays more powerful than the conventional magician. This earned him the respect and admiration of many. Expectations of becoming the youngest God Level Mage were always placed on him, but he didn’t mind it. In fact, all the pressure inspired him to do better in his goal. No matter how heavy the burden was, he would always somehow find a way to overcome then.

But right now, Lucas was desolate as he ran in the hallways of the Academy, tears in his eyes.

Earlier today, he had come to a ball hosted by his lover, Crown Prince Friedrich von Celosia, only to find out that it was held in order to announce the man’s engagement with the transfer student, Rose Viridi Willow. Lucas was broken by the news. He and Friedrich had been in a secret mutual relationship for almost a year now, and the transferee had only been around for over a month. Yet, without any explanation or whatsoever from the other party, this happened.

Perhaps he should have expected it. The signs were clear enough. Two weeks ago, the Prince had been skipping more and more of their traditional garden walks in favour of spending more time with Rose. Then, he had proceeded to openly flirting with the girl while he was there, not even bothering to conceal his adultery. At least try to hide it! He bitterly thought as he was forced to endure more of their interactions over the days. The Prince gradually grew colder to him. Only tonight, when the crushing reality had gone down onto Lucas in full force, did he finally accept that he had been abandoned.

The pain and the shock dulled his senses. He escaped the ball before it ended, trying to get over the matter with a calming stroll. However, this action reminded him of the times he spent with Friedrich. They had met in the garden over a year ago and continued to interact with walks within the greenery. This developed into a habit. Every week, they would meet up and indulge in each other’s comfort during this little time that they spend together. Occasionally, when they were alone, Friedrich would pull him into his embrace and pepper him with loving kisses. They would look at the stars and promise each other that they would be there for each other, vowing upon every constellation in the velvet black sky.

This thought triggered more memories to resurface in Lucas’ mind. He recalled the times when he was sick and Friedrich would ditch his classes just to check up on him secretly, the times when he used his magic to warm up the other, because apparently the Prince wasn’t used to getting the chills, the fleeting moments when they would clasp their hands together and connect with that little gesture.

But among these, the one that stood out most was the time when he was on the verge of breaking down due to the stress brought on by his ambition to become the youngest God Level Mage. The work had piled up one after the other, and he was severely lacking sleep. His mind was already at its limit, but he still tried to work. Friedrich, seeing his condition, had carried him to his room and forced him to lie down, lecturing him about on taking care of himself was important. “You should value yourself more, or else I’ll be sad.” He had said.

Lucas let out a bitter smile. Unbeknownst to him, tears had already started falling from his eyes. These memories were all so sweet, yet why did they make his chest ache so badly?

You said you’d be sad without me, yet you actually left me?

You said I’d be the one beside you when we grow up, yet you proposed to her?

You said you loved me…but it turns out I wasn’t the only one.

He couldn’t take it anymore. All the happy times he spent with Friedrich mercilessly assaulted him as he broke into a run, reminding him of what he had lost. The heartbreak intensified with every step he took, making the pain double and triple. It caused the young mage to fall to the ground, shaking in a combination of rage and sorrow.

Lucas clutched his head, hoping to suppress the onslaught of agonizing memories. “Dammit!” He cried out in an anguished scream. “Stop it! STOP IT!”

Because everyone was currently at the ball, nobody was witness to his wails. Alone in the darkened hallway, he could only sob as his heart was torn to bits by the once precious moments he cherished with Friedrich. “I wish I could just forget everything…” he said softly with a grim tone.

Suddenly, as if in sync with his words, a shadow loomed above him. “What was that? You want to forget?” It belonged to an uncanny young man with unsettling red eyes and long black hair. He had an air of mystery about him along with traces of mischief that could be clearly reflected in the smirk he wore on his devilish face.

“I think I can help you with that.”

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  3. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2:
    Lucas was startled by the man’s sudden arrival. He hurriedly wiped the shameful tears flowing out from his eyes, but they only got replaced by more. Considering his efforts were futile, the boy just let them be and instead forced himself to stand up. “Who are you?” He asked the stranger. He was certain that everyone was at the ball hosted by the Prince. The Academy currently had a giant array of defense magic set-up, so even the guards were attending.

“Let’s talk about who I am later.” The man answered simply. He took two swift steps to get closer to Lucas and grabbed his hand, eyes gleaming in the darkness. “You said something about wanting to forget?”

The young mage was unsettled by this action and hurriedly retracted his arm, however he made no move to escape or run away. The words the stranger said had piqued his interest. “What do you mean by that?” He asked him, faintly hoping that his wish would be granted.

Seeing him interested, the red-eyed man smiled and circled around the boy. “I can take any unfortunate memories you have and make them disappear.” He explained in an enticing voice that echoed softly in the hallways. “Because I’m a Memorti.”

Hearing this, Lucas widened his eyes. Memortis were a class of demons that were incredibly rare and powerful. They were practically immortal with their long life span and had magical abilities above that of other beings of darkness. However, what truly set them apart from regular demons was their uncanny ability to feast on memories to get power. However, this had to be done consensually.

The Memorti seemed to be amused by Lucas’ reaction to the revelation. “So what do you say?” He asked him, feeling confident that he would agree. “Do you want to forget?”

Lucas wavered for a second. He recalled all the warm and fuzzy moments he spent with Friedrich and wondered if it was right to give those up forever. After all, once a Memorti ate memories, there would be no way of getting them back. They would be irrevocably erased from existence and converted into power. He asked himself he really wanted to never recall those loving times ever again.

However, when he recalled how the Prince had proposed to Rose without even telling him anything, he felt rage boil up in his heart along with an indescribable sadness.

“I do.” He said to the demon as he gripped his chest. Although he was strong in the face of the many adversities he had to face to achieve his dream of being a powerful mage, he had always been a bit weak to emotional trauma. This whole event had scarred him. With his mind in a frazzled and his heart in a broken state, he only wanted respite.

The Memorti nodded upon confirming his response. With a wave of his hand, he set up a barrier around the two of them. Almost instantly, a magic circle formed beneath his feet and spanned toward Lucas who was looking at him with an unshakable resolve in his eyes. Then, he inched closer to the boy, smiling unfathomably.

“Very well. Since you had given your consent, I will now commence the ritual of absorbing your memories. Before we proceed however, I assume you know how the process works?”

Lucas shook his head in reply. There were only limited records about demons, so he only knew the basic stuff regarding the whole race. His awareness of Memorti was already special since he was a studious person, so intricate matters concerning them were something outside his realm of knowledge.

The demon didn’t bother to explain. He pulled the boy into his arms and clutched his face with an odd sort of tenderness. Then, without warning, he brought his lips onto Lucas.

Shocked, the young mage almost pushed him away, but a voice in his mind abruptly spoke, making him freeze in place. “This is how Memortis eat memories. The magic circle transfers them into your saliva and we eat them from there. Just think of those memories you wish to remove and let me do the rest.”

So Lucas thought of his lover, Friedrich, and felt his heart constrict when he did so. I want to forget him. He declared in his mind, hoping the demon could hear him.

Fortunately, he could. The Memorti nodded at his response then started the ritual.

Gently, he pried Lucas’ lips open with his tongue and swirled it about, trying to get a feel of his mouth. The soft, warm thing went over his teeth, moved on to the sides, and finally settled on the young mage’s very own tongue.

Lucas was electrified by the foreign feeling. He hadn’t even been kissed by Friedrich like this before, so he reacted by widening his eyes in shock. However, thanks to the effects of the ritual, his mind became fuzzy and he closed them again instinctively, savouring the warmth of the demon.

The Memorti, seeing the absent minded and indulging expression on the boy’s face, couldn’t help but deepen his kiss, a renewed passion raging in his wildly beating heart. Unexpectedly, this insignificant mortal before him had made him feel like he had never before.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  4. Deathsson

Deathsson [A bored reader][Back for More]

Reading List:
    Link
    BURN IT

5. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, a BL and probable NTR combo isn't the best thing here. Oh well. :ROFLMAO:

Einon likes this.
  6. Mob character 1551

Mob character 1551 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um, hi I just wanted to say that I think your story is amazing so far! I really like how cute the MC is and I would love to read it if you ever feel like completing it (๑>◡<๑)

7. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww, thanks! I'll do my best then! I didn't expect people to like this kind of masochistic story lmao.

TokioftheBel and Einon like this.
  8. Ars

Ars Simple-Minded Trash

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't see this!!!! Why didn't I see this before!!!! *slaps the ground wailing* :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

This is really really good so far!!! Unrequited love, broken-hearted MC?! Mysterious handsome demon?! What will be in store for them next? Will there be some face-slapping for that disloyal prince and that man-stealing transfer student?! :blobamused:

Good luck~! Please write more when you can! *cheers you on!*

9. cray0909

cray0909 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I need more! more! more! hahaha..really good! It has the "unrequited love, betrayed/brokenhearted mc" I'm currently craving for.
    Looking forward to the Prince's reaction once he found out that the MC has no recollection of him whatsoever...^_^

Einon and Corensi like this.
  10. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I say I'm an M, this story might show off my S side, since face slapping will be guaranteed!Thanks for the support!
    Ahh I can't wait for the story to get there too. Thanks for commenting!

Ars, Einon, UpInTheAir and 1 other person like this.
  11. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 3
    Curio Amaranthus was a demon who came to the kingdom of Celosia for a purpose. This mission of his required him to be in the Royal Academy, and today was supposed to be when he would infiltrate it. His fake identity was already in place, the only thing left now was for him to scout the area while looking for a suitable host to absorb power from.

The timing was perfect as the Crown Prince was scheduled to hold a grand ball where everyone was mandated to attend. There would be virtually no people around to hinder him, thus he made his move on this very night. He had managed to become familiar with several parts of the Academy and marked down those that he needed to get back to later as a result. Though, there were defense arrays in some highly protected areas, resulting in him not being able to trespass. But since his goal as of the moment was to get an idea of the area, it was no problem.

While he was exploring, he was blessed by an incredible stroke of luck, actually encountering someone who wished their memories were gone. The words were very soft, but Curio heard them. And how could he pass off an opportunity to get power? So he approached the person, who looked quite pitiful as tears flowed out from his eyes and convinced him to give up his grievances to him.

The boy agreed, so Curio took him into his arms and performed the ritual—which involved kissing him to absorb the power. He expected it to be like one of his regular meals where everything was just a mixture of rottenness and whatever foul emotion the human wanted to be rid of. Memorti could physically taste memories, after all. But to his surprise the human’s memories were actually really…sweet.

Curio slowed down his probing and tried to see if it was real. Memories like these were rare for him, so he was enthralled. When he was sure he wasn’t being deceived, he made the kiss more forceful in order to get more of that lusciousness. Of course, this didn’t mean he had never tasted sweetness before. Only that Lucas’ was unique. Compared to the cheap, saccharine taste of those he had consumed before, the boy’s memories were akin to nectar from a fruit—refreshing, pure and delightfully clear.

He absolutely loved it.

Curio noticed that the boy had lost feeling in his legs and was leaning on him for support. Pausing slightly, he laughed and sat down in the middle of the hallway, propping Lucas on his lap before continuing. Just then, the aftereffects of his meal kicked in.

Lucas’ chosen memories began playing inside of his mind.

He was in a quaint area filled with various plants. Although the greenery was abundant, there were also flowers that dotted the landscape. In front of him was a pavilion surrounded by bushes and vines, giving it a sort of ethereal feel. The setting sun made it especially picturesque, since the fading rays of light were bathing it in its twilight splendor.

Inside the structure was the familiar figure of Lucas. He was younger than he currently was, with his hair shorter and his face just a tiny bit rounder. The boy’s eyes were focused on his palm, where an array was glowing faintly. Curio peered in. As a Memorti, he knew that he was but a spectator in the events he was going to see. Like a spirit, he could watch, but he couldn’t change anything.

Suddenly, an arrow came flying out of nowhere, almost hitting Lucas if it weren’t for a magic barrier that he had cast. Alarmed, the young mage stood up in a hurry. Curio understood that he was panicked. The array he was making seemed powerful, but also volatile. If he was caught practicing such dangerous spells outside of class, he would most likely get a punishment of some sort.

“Sorry, did I hit anyone?” Came the voice of someone from the entrance of the pavilion. Sure enough, it was the Crown Prince, Friedrich von Celosia. He was donned in practice armor, sweat still trickling down his brows. The image slowed down, as if the person viewing them had seem something that needed to be imprinted into mind for eternity.

Following that, the memories began to play faster until they resembled a montage. Curio stood in the middle of the ever-changing scenes, witnessing the interactions between Lucas and the man he gradually loved. At the same time, the taste in his mouth ripened from a barely noticeable sweetness to a full and luscious flavor.

Curio knew this was the taste of love.

As a Memorti, he was familiar with all sorts of emotions since he had sampled and cycled through them in his painfully long existence. However, something like the love he was savoring right now was new to him. Love was treasured. It was held on to. No human he had met was willing to let go of such a rare thing, even if it hurt. But the boy before him had given it all away.

He opened his eyes, finding himself back in the deserted hallway. In his arms, Lucas sat asleep. His face was still stained with tear-marks, but his features showed evident relief.

Like he was freed from a burden.

Curio tightened his hold, feeling his heart sink due to an amalgam of admiration, sadness and jealousy -- admiration because this boy had given his all into his love without reservations. Even at the end when the prince had thrown the ball for his mistress slash fiance, the taste of his love remained largely sweet despite having an astringent undertone. Sadness because he made all of those precious memories cease to exist. He took them away from both Lucas and Friedrich, with no way of returning it.

And jealousy…

He chuckled bitterly, eyes gazing at the brightly lit night sky visible from between the arches of the hallway, wishing he could somehow see them in the same rose-colored perspective Lucas could. Love could make even the most boring things beautiful. It was too bad he, a demon who lived off by leeching off the emotions of others, could never feel such an enigmatic thing. The stars he saw were still the same stars he saw yesterday and 180 years ago. They weren’t pretty. They were just there. Like him.

“Well, I better leave before anyone sees me.” Curio mumbled to himself, snapping out of his musings. He gently pushed Lucas away from him and stood up. It’s no use thinking about these things anyway.

Leaving the boy in the hallway, the demon disappeared into the night, knowing that he would feel no guilt. Memorti forgot the memories they consumed together with the encounter with their host, after all.
    A/N: Wow. I just realized this is actually the first full-on romance I'm writing. I usually do fantasy *sweats* Maybe that's why it's not really good since it's lacking the thing that makes your heart go bump. Well, I can't stop now! And also, I actually made a chapter and didn't abandon this project! Maybe posting really helps QwQ

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  12. cray0909

cray0909 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is sooo good! You have a way with words that just pulls me to the story.

Wow, so will lucas be forgotten or will curio remember him? (another thing that will make lucas unique?) ahhh! Can't wait to find out.

Thanks for the update. I hope you don't give up on this coz it's really good!

Corensi likes this.
  13. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh thank you for the kind words! It really uplifts the heart. As for your questions, I'd hate to spoil anything, so I'll answer them in the succeeding chapters!

Einon likes this.
  14. Einon

Einon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very important question: Who's getting NTRed? :p

15. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it counted if it's Lucas? XD

Einon likes this.
  16. Einon

Einon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Oh, yeah. Somehow I missed that. XD

I guess? XD

Corensi likes this.
  17. Ars

Ars Simple-Minded Trash

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the update~! Nice to read from the perspective of the demon, hmhmhm....

...Hm?!!

The demon's going to forget, too?!

What the heck's gonna happen next... I'm so curious!! :blobtired:

TokioftheBel, Einon and Corensi like this.
  18. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for reading! And yep~ Curio will forget too! *smiles evilly*

TokioftheBel, Einon and Ars like this.
  19. Ars

Ars Simple-Minded Trash

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: so evil....

TokioftheBel, Einon and Corensi like this.
  20. TokioftheBel

TokioftheBel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so interesting