Spoiler (BL) The Wife is First

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Selax, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Selax

Selax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: The Wife Is First (妻为上)
    Author: Lu Ye Qian He (Stop Bothering Me Emperor)
    Link: http://www.sto.cc/book-89449-1.html or Link: http://www.danmeila.com/book/20150330/164999.html
    Description: (Bing MTL)
    Army Exploits illustrious, eventually end up dead;
    The pet concubine extinguishes the wife, in vain for the beloved, finally to him not to abandoned, only this has neglected more than 10 years male wife.....
    Once again, MC decided to make a new life, but....
    While holding a pillow standing outside looking at the door, Jing raised his fist, the king must revive the husband!
    So he knocked at the door, “June Qing, I know my wrong, let me in!”
    PS: Basically easy without abuse, HE

If any one can help better translate the summary that will be awesome.

Poke @alexfilia @pocketbear

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Selax

Selax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I could remember from a summary I read on wattpad which was taken down and a couple of chapters through MTL, the MC (a prince) married a male wife whom he disliked and abandoned for 10 years after marriage. He neglected the ML and only cared about his family and friends. MC went to war and was killed by a relative that he trusted. As he was dying, the only person who stayed with him was the ML. MC reincarnated on the night of their wedding and vowed to treat the ML better than before. Full of guilt and remorse, MC tries to make up for his past faults through petting, loving and sticking to the ML while begging the ML to open up his heart. He tries to regain the ML’s heart through meticulous care hoping that he won’t wake up with an empty dream

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On one side, I'm happy that there are so many bl novels to read.

On the other side, I'm confused that there are so many bl novels to read with mtl. Which one to pick first? And have to mtl too

4. Selax

Selax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really recommend “Beloved Marriage in High Society”. I am reading it now. It’s cute, sugary and fluffy. Will make you happy and blush as well. For MTL, I will recommend using (1) Bing translate or (2) Yandex. Bing translate (through Microsoft) gets you close to a better understanding of the sentences.

5. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with mtl: can't understand the names/places/position. Sigh. :blobsad:

Recap 1

The story started with ML and MC who were on the run. They had escaped from prison and people were chasing them now. ML regreted treating MC badly. Ten years of marriage, even concubines walked all over his official wife. But in the end, it was MC who stayed with him. MC told him to run away n leave him. ML refused.

ML spoke. 'You should complain about your life.'
    MC replied. 'How can I complain? Without you, i will probably enter temple.' He continued. 'But I can't blame you. You're a capable person.it's because of me, you can't compete for the throne...'
    'What capable person.' ML said bitterly. All this time, he even couldn't recognize which one was enemy and which was friend.
    MC was killed first. Before he died, he said. 'My whole life...it's a joke...if there was afterlife...'
    ML said. 'If there is afterlife, I will treat you well and spend my life to make it up wih you.' He was killed.

ML woke up in the past, back to his 19 years old body. It was after his wedding night. He quickly ordered for servants to prepare bath for MC. MC looked at him warily. When they slept together earlier, ML was rough. MC had blood all over his legs. ML apologized n said that he drank too much wine to justify his wrongdoings.

ML told MC to take bath together with him. He helped clean MC's body. He also applied medicine on that part.

MC thought that if ML treated him nicely his future wouldn't be too bad.

The next day, they went to palace to pay respect to emperor n empress. When MC paid his respect, the empress went to talk with emperor so MC was left hanging in his position. After paying respect, they left. On way out, MC almost fainted. He was too tired. They went home and ML called for doctor.

ML told MC that he was wronged in the palace. MC was surprised. Why did ML defend him and act nice suddenly? But ML said that he kept silent because he didn't want to bring target on MC. They talked. ML told MC that he was unhappy about this marriage at first. But when he saw MC, he changed his mind. He would protect MC and he wouldn't let MC feel grievance in the future.

ML thought that MC was the only person who accompanied him to death. The others were traitors.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  6. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    Recap 2

ML's elder brother n his wife came to visit them. ML went to talk with his elder brother in his study. Traditionally, MC had to accompany his sister in law. But since he was a male, ML's concubine used the opportunity to entertain ML's sister in law.

MC's maid was worried. MC told her that he knew she was worried for his position in the house.

Two other concubines came to pay respect. They served MC tea. (For you who read/watch C palace drama/novel must know the drill now)

So, ML had 3 concubines. Two from low background and one who was a daughter of minister (Song Lin). SL called MC 'sister' when she paid respect. MC thought, he was male. He should be called brother. But ML came and said that since MC was princess consort, he had to be called with sister.

After paying respect, MC gifted them high quality jewelry. Song Lin thought that even bastard son of Marquis was able to have this kind of jewelry. In truth, marquis family didn't give him dowry. Those jewelry was secretly given to MC by his mother. The concubine left. Song Lin was annoyed. She thought ML hate MC.

ML explained to MC that from his 3 concubines. One was from childhood aka Song Lin, one only came last year and one he never slept with so MC didn't need to worry. SL was the one who betrayed ML.

The next day, bride went back to parents house. So ML acccompanied MC back. Marquis family who used to bully MC was surprised to see that MC was favoured instead of hated.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  7. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Please poke me also OwO)/

8. JNaomi

JNaomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    me two!!!!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops::cookie: please poke me also!:aww:

9. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    You do know that MC means main character, so if the protagonist of the novel is the one who was rebirth, then that prince is the MC.......regardless of he’s the one on top.
    This is just my opinion

10. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  11. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    From the spoilers, I think the male wife is the main character though.

cheerydandan likes this.
  13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? I think the rebirth prince is the main character though

immortaltear likes this.
  14. ayyshadow

ayyshadow Eternal Lurker || Lover of Anything Fluffy

Reading List:
    Link
    Skimmed through the first few chapters, and yes, I'm pretty sure rebirth prince is the MC.

15. Silver_

Silver_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you guys mostly use to MTL?? I read waiting for you online using google translate. I will be glad if you could suggest me some good translator, i would like to read this novel.

16. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link

Hmmm, systrans and google translate..
    But there are other two.. I forgot the name though..

cheerydandan and Silver_ like this.
  17. purple_mangosteen

Reading List:
    Link
    I know. It's just that I'm so used with the term that I can't help it :notlikeblob::notlikeblob: it's ingrained in my brain that ml is seme n mc is... you know what I mean

The rebirth prince is the main character since the story is mainly from his POV

Maybe I should stick to story with real ML/MC

18. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    so if the prince is the mc then the mc is the seme :D

@LaDyViL will be happy o/

19. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep.. XD