Spoiler [BL] Today the Manager is Also Very Kind

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Zhen_Qing, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    NU page: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/today-the-manager-is-also-very-kind/ (今天经纪人也很善良)
    Author: He Wu (呵芜)
    Chapter: 70, complete (and unblock) in JJWXC - http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3473590

Summary from NU page:
    Ji Bu, the gold medal manager who was trapped and imprisoned, woke up to be a vicious rich second generation Xin Nanyi. He was hated and feared by his girls group he played with, and his uncle deliberately slaughtered him.
    Ji Bu had no choice but to go back to his old career, fight against greedy uncles and all kinds of rivals, win the trust of the girls group, lead the “girls” to the top, and hold them up as a powerful girls group with a high traffic rate and a good harvest.
    Xin Nanyi just wants to work hard and be a good manager, but there is always a film emperor who is unwilling to let him go, either to press him on the bed or to deceive him.
    Shocked! Popular girls group members with the manager intimate hug was photographed, the atmosphere was ambiguous like a couple.
    After being chased by fans and reporters, Nan Ge the broker who sent the blade laxatives, found the strongest excuse to clarify on Weibo: “I like men.”
    When the words were uttered, it caused a great disturbance, the members of the girls group are silent, the fans are exclaimed and Weibo was paralysed.
    A certain film emperor smiled: It’s a coincidence that I’m a man.
    Nan Ge: ……
    Gentle and kindhearted manager decathlon shou vs Multi-gold shield black belly cold and cute big film emperor gong
    Being ugly and fat just after crossing, then gradually lose weight and become handsome, handsome as inspirational chicken stock.
    The gong has always been very handsome!!! But still acting.

MC: Xin NanYi, previously artists’ manager and former singer (Ji Bu), currently a second generation young master whose father founded the Xin Yu entertainment company where he created a girl group called Q&P.

ML: Xia ZeQi, movie emperor, became fond of MC at first sight.

MC transmigrated into XNY’s body in the hospital where the leader of the girl group nearly pulled his oxygen mask in order to kill the original host. After sorting through previous host’s memories, he resolved to treat the girl group under him better now that he has transmigrated over. The girl group consisted of 6 people, and later decreased to 5 people when one of the girl exit the group to pursue a career in acting. Dunno whether she will appear again later in the story. Anyway, the girls call him “Nan-ge” (Brother Nan) and fear him because original host often beat them up and used them as housekeepers. They were leery when MC becomes concern about their physical appearance, though MC repeatedly assure them that he just wanted them to regain their former beauty so that they can make a come-back.

MC and ML met when MC went to view an exhibition of musical instruments organised by his friend, who is coincidentally ML’s friend as well. ML likes MC’s temperament and feels that MC is very cute and he had to stop his hands from reaching out to pinch MC’s cheeks. MC lost his weight gradually, so ML gets to see his changes as his face gradually become more handsome and body become slimmer.

Ori-host is a flamboyant man, favouring floral-print shirts and gaudy arts all over his house. So, MC used ori-host’s temperament to harass his uncle (CEO, but MC is actually biggest shareholder, thus uncle has to listen to his whims) and gain some resources for the girls, such as a fixed training room, vocal and dance teachers, access to company’s gym. But, after witnessing them being abused by the teachers, he made his uncle fired them and hire a former dance-icon (black history of being conned by ex-boyfriend) and avid musical instruments collector (friend of MC in ori-body). MC also used a lot of his own money to help the girls, by buying an apartment for them in a secured neighbourhood, arranged for healthy meals to be delivered to them every day as part of weight-loss regime, gave up his 7-seater car as their personal transportation.

ML is very relentless in his courtship, though MC didn’t realise it as he was a bachelor in previous life – never dated anyone. Ori-host though, had a girlfriend whom was gallivanting abroad and later came back and insisted on holding his golden thigh. ML assisted him with the break-up by bringing her lover (poor, handsome artist) from abroad to where MC was meeting with her. So, MC managed to break up with her using the reason that she made him wear a green hat. When Q&P wanted to raise a dog, MC went with ML to pick a white Pomeranian for them and also bought a Corgi for himself, which the ML named as Axe as both of their names start with ‘x’. Later when MC brought the sickly Pomeranian to see a doctor accompanied by ML in hat and mask, the doctor advised them to not be in their own world and neglect the dog. ML pulled MC closer by grabbing his shoulder and said, “Yes, thank you doctor.”

ML even went so far as to organise a birthday party for himself which he invited all his famous friends so that he can introduced them to MC as resources. During the party, ML ate vinegar when MC toasts his friend first before himself who is the birthday person. MC accidentally friendzoned poor ML and ML cried in his heart stating that "You're my most important person. I want to create a path for you, and at the same time introduce you to my friends". Meanwhile, MC's thought was "You're my friend, they're your friends. Friends of a friend can naturally be my friends as well".

As for a worthwhile rival-chara for either MC or ML, none for MC, so far. There is an actress that fans speculated as ML's lover, even got CP-ed by fans, but was actually just a co-worker that wanted to hug his golden thigh. She came to the birthday party and ML rejected her flirtations in front of MC, by saying that, "I remember my guest list doesn't have your name. If you came here as someone's plus-one, please stay by his side and don't wonder about." This woman, is really something. She came as a lesbian actress's plus-one, but after reaching there, immediately separated so that no one can speculate about their relationship. She is quite obsess with the ML, she hired water-army to spread gossip about the 'supposed relationship' and even reading fanfics of their CP, to the extent she felt absorbed into the stories.

When ML sees MC off to his car after the party, paparazzi paid by the woman captured pictures of ML turning back with a smile, where coincidentally (on his part) and purposely (on her part) the woman stood, smiling shyly at him. So, it became trending gossip in microblog, and ML only replied with "angle and timing are captured very nicely" (with a sarcastic tone, when read in CN). It seems like the reason she dared to do this is because ML previously never cared about these type of gossip, but since he took the step to reply, the woman's manager asked whether she has actually done something that offended him.
    What am I even doing?! I have a quiz and test next week! :blobflag:
    I'll update more if I manage to procrastinate more... :blobpeek:

Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @324722

If anyone has MTL this, any spoilers are fine. One thing though, I'd like to know what kind of doom ending happen to this lady actress.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Kaylee, Shunraiki, Poor_Hero and 25 others like this.
  2. Inland

Inland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *camping*
    Thanks for the spoilers.

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  3. Rainess09

Rainess09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no @Zhen_Qing Don’t neglect your hobbies ehem i mean studies!

☺️ Thanks I love this genre!

Boinkers, Misogi and Zhen_Qing like this.
  4. vasiliassy

vasiliassy Lol hehe

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I hope the girls Q&P say dad to MC and father to ML

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  5. Selax

Selax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks @Zhen_Qing. Had this on my to read list but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Might pick up reading it soon

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  6. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a cute story so far. Nothing explicit was ever mentioned about the abuse or unspoken rules in entertainment industry. Plus, the relationship between MC and ML is sooooo cute. ML's a very optimistic person in regard to the MC. Even though he was friendzoned during the birthday party, when MC talked about his treatment toward to the lady actress, ML thought that MC ate vinegar. :blobrofl:

Do spoil us with more if you manage to get around to it. :blobmelt:

Poor_Hero, Ease, Boinkers and 3 others like this.
  7. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobspearpeek: Sounds cute. *marks story for reading later*

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  8. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Continue procrastinating until chap 35...
    After being scared out of her wits by ML's remark about the pink-coloured photo on that very night, the lady actress managed to minimise the impact on herself by pretending that she just knew about the sensational pink-photo when she woke up the next day. Seeing that both parties no longer commented after that, the fans gradually cool down.

In the mean time, school has started again, so Q&P go to school during the day and continue with their training in the evening and at night, accompanied by MC. Q&P's comeback MV made waves by borrowing ML's fans as previously MC has asked ML to become the male lead in their comeback MV. But, the road is bumpy. Remember the girl that signed another contact to pursue acting career, Zhao YanYuan? She anonymously slanders Q&P when the trailer for their comeback album's MV came out in Weibo. She uploaded several P (photo-shopped) photos stating that Q&P are actually fat and ugly, further stating that they went under the knife for their current looks. Luckily, the brilliant MC already made preparation and uploaded a video showing pictures of their weight-loss period, which hammered into place all the effort taken in order to get their genuine current beautiful looks. As Q&P refused to take any legal action against that girl, MC can only called and threaten the girl's manager to either keep her in check or else.

While the girls make rounds to greet senior singers, a particular male singer was mentioned. His name is He Li, he's the one, in MC's previous life, that put something in MC's drink which ruined his vocal chord making him unable to continue being a singer. MC doesn't seem to hate him as HL willingly confessed to putting something in MC's drink. MC's just uncomfortable facing him, remembering that while he was imprisoned, the one that frequently visited him was probably this He Li. There seems to be... some tension between them, as HL seemed to see Ji Bu in XNY when they met (in mannerism, nothing supernatural). He immediately wanted to get to know MC, rather determined that JB has come back in XNY. Turns out that HL was MC's roommate back in the trainee days. He was cold towards MC, but slowly thawed when faced by MC's unwavering kindness, and consequently, bore some feelings. He approached MC later, implying that XYN is JB, by offering a drink that he 'knew' JB preferred. MC refuted that he likes another kind of drink, thinking that the thing he feared has happened.

Forget the tension, their relationship was complicated. MC was HL's manager previously?!

Not long after, while MC was on the phone with ML, HL sat down beside him and hugged him close, asking when can he go to MC's house. ML's sixth sense flared up, sensing that HL's threatening factor is big.

HL: "I've always prayed that you be resurrected, I'll willingly give away half of my remaining life, as long as you're beside me for the other half." ... "You are Ji Bu, you're also NanYi, the person I love most."
    MC's reaction: "I am not interested in men! Just give it up!"
    That scene ended with MC kicking him away when he attempted to steal a kiss. When confronted by HL, MC repeatedly think of him as an obsessed, crazy person, even describing him as a demented person that once hurt him.

ML kind of arrived at the company and became MC's knight in shining armour by sweeping him of his feet, away from HL who's following not-so discretely behind him.

MC: "That guy persistently said that I am similar to the friend that he liked. I could not avoid him, and I also don't like men."
    ML: "What if the man is me, you still won't like?"
    MC: "Yes. Won't like."
    ML: "Really, will not like?"
    MC: "Yes. Will not like. I like women."
    MC lamented that how come a straight guy like him attract these type of people. MC actually never dated in previous life, and in this life, he has yet to feel attracted to any women, but he's convinced that his sexual interest is towards women.

Another character appear in chap 34, a guy named Wu XinHao, the gong to HL's shou. He's like a sugar daddy? He's already 48 years old, and HL's of similar age to MC, so WXH's older than him by more than 10 years, I think. He threatened HL to get away from MC or the same fate that had fallen on Ji Bu and one other person will fall on MC.

ML asked someone to investigate them and talked to MC about WXH and HL. It seems that HL has been invested (like sugar baby) by WXH for around 5 and a half years. WXH can't stand letting HL get close to somebody, thus he took matters into his own hands. Thus, JB was framed for murder, and thrown into prison.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    pcheshire, alexfilia, Kaylee and 15 others like this.
  9. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. Wow this is getting very complicated :blobwoah:

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  10. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers, I hope WXH doesn't get scott free for framing JB. Sounds like a future read for me. So much events.

11. mechamecha

mechamecha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you add me in your BL poke list???

12. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure~
    p/s. not mine though~ just continuing the legacy

Boinkers likes this.
  13. mechamecha

mechamecha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

14. Boinkers

Boinkers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the pokes . Because of you, im able to see and know thesw great novels.

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  15. Ease

Ease 『Lone butterfly』『Freeloader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the truth ever get revealed though? Does his name got cleared at the end?

16. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuing with the spoiler:
    In one of the variety show that Q&P participated, someone mess with the sound system, so that during Q&P's opening live show, the accompanying music suddenly stopped. But the girls managed just fine, earning them lots of compliments from the fans. After that, MC arranged for Q&P another variety show where they showcased their ability to sing and dance their song at double-speed, and announced the name of their fan group - Noble.

During a small party to celebrate Q&P, the girls plus ML's manager/assistant discussed about the close relationship between MC and ML. They even pull away Qin Wenlou, MC and ML's mutual friend that became their music teacher, aside, so that MC and ML have a booth to themselves. Although ML advised the MC to stop drinking, MC, because of ori-host's body that is accustomed to alcoholic drinks, kept sneaking a drink or two when ML didn't notice. In the end, ML dragged MC out to the car, to send him back.

In the car, ML was kissed. MC made it difficult for ML to endure as he was like a playful drunk, asking ML to kiss him because ML likes him. When ML asked him about his feelings, MC shyly replied that he doesn't know whether he likes or not, but he knows that he is conscious of ML, and used to his company. Even if they only talk through the phone, and don't meet everyday, ML's presence added some colour to his life. ML asked, "Do you still want me to kiss you?" "Yes." There were some kissing and touching above the belt, but they stopped before going too far. The next morning, ML implied that MC should take responsibility for tossing him around on the bed. MC was shocked that he was the gong! :blobjoy: After some acting, ML managed to get MC to agree to ML staying with him, not only under the same roof, but also sharing the same bedroom!

MC's uncle came back from his trip abroad, and wanted to take Q&P off MC's hand since they bring in large revenue to the company. After some negotiation and subtle threat, uncle agree to leave Q&P with MC. Q&P was offered a reality-tv show "For Q&P" where cameras will be recording their daily activities. However, MC was concerned with the netizens reaction to their dance teacher, Shen Che, deciding that he will support her with evidence of her innocence once the crew managed to interview her. The netizens were surprisingly receptive of her honesty, and apologised for previous misconducts. Meanwhile, some netizens commented on MC's nice voice (he avoided the camera), wanting to see his face. ML drank vinegar due to these comments.

Remember when MC went to look at his old apartment, and the real estate person said that a famous singer bought it? Well, MC got to know that HL was the one that brought his old apartment, the one close to Q&P's current dorm.

Since they're living together now, ML got to eat some of MC's tofu. Because MC has never dated before, he got flustered easily, especially when ML ate his tofu while wearing only a towel, after bathing. He was scared that ML would push him down because he saw ML reacts... under the towel. :blobnosebleed: They're basically living like a married couple. When ML's not filming, he's at home with MC, following along with MC's losing weight regime, becoming MC's food taster, helping MC with songs (since MC is the writer for Q&P's songs) and raising the Corgi (Axe) together. At night, they slept together, platonically, with ML holding MC in his arms.

A few days later, the Internet was noisy with the news that Q&P pushed out ZYY, basically painting her as a white lotus. This happened in an interview for a movie that ZYY was in. She answered that she was a former member of Q&P, but because some members and the manager don't like her, she was pushed out of the group. Q&P was indignant that she did that, but MC asked them to think of ways to solve the problem themselves. Q&P retaliated by posting handwritten letters on the official website, stating that she was unable to cope with the hardship of training, found another manager, hooked up with a gold master, used a backdoor to get into filming and withdrew from the group after filming. Their statement was supported with ZYY's initial contract as Q&P member, withdrawal from Q&P, and changing to actor. The tide turned. They also revealed how ZYY hired people to photoshop photos and smear Q&P's name. Some photos of ZYY with her gold master also entered the internet, due to ML's intervention. All of these led to ZYY being disowned from her family, abandoned by her manager and gold master. She did a live broadcast, telling people that in her new drama, all the three female characters including her are under the same gold master. She continued with saying that Q&P climbed onto their manager's bed, at the same time giving out MC's name and status as a rich second generation, and that's why the manager turned kind and treated them nicely when previously he treated them like his personal slaves. Company's PR quickly issued a statement about MC's identity, clarifying his relationship as Q&P's manager, and no more.

The next day, another picture popped up. It was of Ning Ning (one of the youngest member of Q&P) holding MC's hand behind a stage. For MC, it was normal to have some form of physical contact when the relationship is good. But, due to ZYY's live broadcast, it became a hot topic - #Q&P manager and member intimacy. MC recognised the stage as the one belonging to HXTV, where Q&P lost their accompanying music when performing. ML said that the perpetrator that time was an intern, who was let go of that very day. But MC suspect someone influential behind it, because the cover up for IP address was very good. MC decided to clarify it by replying: "Still speaking nonsense, he's drinking vinegar." Along with a photo of him hugging a man, whose back is turned to the camera. Q&P messaged him asking, "You guys are living together?" and QWL asked, "How come this man's back image look like Old Xia (ML)?" :blobrofl:

HL got into contact with MC through a program hosted by MC's company. HL asked the MC to hire him as Q&P's music teacher rather than QWL. He trailed behind MC, insisting why is it that MC can accept another man, but not him. At home, ML already drank vinegar, asking MC to not seek out HL. MC agreed and chose to stay at home for the next few days so that he can compose more songs for Q&P. I think MC and ML haven't done the deed, as whenever ML got too stimulated, he will go into the bathroom. :blobsweat_2:

There was a red carpet event for singers where ML was invited as the guest of honour. ML grabbed the chance to hold MC's hand and persuaded MC to go along with him. Some people took photos, but don't dare to upload as it is the movie emperor. While in the waiting room, Q&P was bothered by some unruly seniors that are doing live feed. MC's intervention led to his face being in the media, and people questioning why he's a manager instead of an artist. Before ML had to give awards, he pulled MC into his waiting room to eat some tofu. It was, sweet, because he was mostly hugging and kissing MC's hands while MC paid attention to the ongoing event. :blobxd:

pcheshire, alexfilia, Kaylee and 10 others like this.
  17. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Some more spoiler:
    One of the girls was poisoned by a black fan, nearly destroying her vocal chords. Previously, an artist was slashed by a black fan, but the company was indifferent to it and didn't do anything. However, this time due to MC's rage, the company pressed charges against the perpetrator. Because of the attack, MC arranged for separate activities for the other members, including sending NN into a forest survival show. In terms of security, their original 3 newly-graduated assistants were added with 3 more veteran assistants, along with a team of body guards.

On the other hand, the other girls were completing their assigned tasks. As a result, MC received an invitation to an event, which ML had a severe reaction to. This is because ML felt that he's always the one trying to close the distance between them whereas MC is passive in regard to their relationship, for example, ML always say "I like you" but MC usually escape without answering. So, despite living together and sharing the same bed, ML doesn't know his position in MC's heart. Another reason is, ML is a guy, and MC used to date several women simultaneously, so ML was insecure due to his sex. When MC left to catch the plane to the event, ML felt like he was insignificant, gathered all his things and moved out. He warned his manager to not contact MC anymore in the future. :blob_teary:

At the side of the MC, after he finished settling down his artist, he thought about ML's reaction to his departure, and the day they had. He was wondering whether something happened, and decided to call ML, who was down with fever at his own residence. Previously, ML always accept his calls, but this time, ML was reluctant, asking himself why MC call, is it to ask for a favour? When MC finished with the event and flew back home, he noticed that the house was empty and ML had left. MC checked everywhere, and lastly called ML's manager to ask for his whereabouts.

MC managed to get to ML's residence, but was thought to be a thief by the security guard that saw him attempting to enter ML's house through the window. The security guards caught up to him, because he was stuck in the window. After some struggling, he managed to avoid them and enter the house. Meanwhile, ML thought that he was experiencing auditory hallucination due to MC screaming his name. When MC saw him in his weakened state, he wanted to send ML to the hospital. But, ML refused, saying that if he go to the hospital, his dream of MC will be gone. He continued that MC is a dream because real MC will not be so good to him. MC was shocked, because he thought that as long as he accept ML's affection, it means that they are in a relationship. :blobfearful:

The next morning, ML woke up. He asked MC, "Do you love me?" MC was silent. ML pointed at his chest, and asked, "In this place, is there me?" MC finally replied, "Yes, there is. I just don't know what to do, because I don't have any experience before." ML interrupted, "You once dated 21 women. This is called inexperienced?" MC thought, all those women were ori-host's girlfriends, how are they related to him? Before going to the kitchen, MC pecked him on the cheek, and finally said, "Of course I love you." Taking advantage of his weakened state, ML had MC feed him the congee and helped him take a bath. In the end, the two of them moved back to MC's villa, and ML switched his good morning and good night greetings to "Nanyi, do you love me?" They came to an agreement that at least they'll call each other 3 times a day when they're both working.

Yep, they did the deed in chapter 57. It was not explicit, but only the preparation was mentioned. When ML was about to enter his backside with a finger, MC said that their position seemed to be wrong. And ML replied, if you want to top, I can let you, but do you know what to do? MC said, I don't know. So, ML said, then, you just be good and I'll guide you.

Not long after is the period when the company decided which talents to be debuted as artists. In the audition, there was a young man that MC recognised as the son of his friend in prison - Yun Zike. MC's prison friend took care of him when he was imprisoned because MC resembles his son, possessing a scholarly air. If it wasn't for MC's intervention, YZK, even with his talent, would have been eliminated, due to his father's prisoner status. To cement YZK's debut as part of the new group, MC wrote a song for the new group and send it to the group's agent.

One day, MC received a phone call from ML, demanding him to go back home. When MC reached home, it was to a tension filled living room where ML sat opposite an awkward YZK. No wonder ML was pissed off during his phone call, it turned out that YZK was sent by his manager to warm MC's bed. YZK knew that his debut and his group's first song were because of MC's intervention, that's why even though he was unwilling, he obeyed his manager. Now that MC rejected him, and even gave him some money to take a taxi home, he was relieve. However, MC clarified that he helped, not because of him, rather it was because of his father. YZK was touched because MC mentioned his father as a good person. Before leaving, he asked about MC and ML's relationship, to which MC replied boyfriend, and ML replied husband. :blobxd:

HL contacted MC, asking to meet him. MC couldn't get through to ML, so just left a message with the time and venue. It was only at the venue that MC realised he's been tricked by HL, falling into a trap set by HL's gold master. WXH aimed for MC because MC attracted the attention of Iron Blood Rose's son, ML. There was a confrontation between WXH and ML's mom, and WXH was captured. ML brought MC back home, explaining the black history between his parents and WXH. ML's mom came to visit, and granted her approval, stating that ML has picked a good wife.

HL who was also captured alongside WXH was sentenced to ten years due to his involvement. The case that JB was accused of was re-investigated and his name was cleared. It was anti-climatic as everything was concluded in just a short paragraph. Neither the case nor the victim had any relevance to the current time frame. :hmm:

There was a funeral held for JB, attended by his friends and loyal fans. Although ori-host and JB had no relation, MC was dragged along by QWL. ML told him that QWL felt that MC and JB's temperament are similar, that's why MC was dragged to the funeral. ML continued, saying that his grandfather once told him that his wife was a person that was revived in another's body. She confessed to it when they were already married for a while. ML hoped that it wouldn't take as long for the two of them to be truthful to each other. MC basically admit to it after that. :blob_blush:

Everything went on as normal. Except one day, a picture of two men holding hands backstage emerged in weibo, making #XNYXZQ# trending. Some people were okay with it, even congratulating them on getting together, and some expressed their disgust. It turned out that this was a trap set by XHM (actress speculated to be ML's lover). ML replied with, "Yes, I love him." MC further replied, "Yes, love very much." Netizens started to blacken XHM when she was revealed to be the one behind the photo, and doing unspoken rules. All her endorsements and dramas terminated her contracts, however she refused to terminate her contract with her agency.

QWL, their mutual friend, initially didn't believe the weibo messages, asking them numerous times to confirm. But after they patiently confirmed it with him, he was all, you should be grateful to me, because I became your matchmaker when you two met during my violin exhibition. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

MC's cousin, uncle's only son, came back from abroad, Xin Haoyi. Uncle has been cultivating this cousin to inherit the company after him. So, when MC took over ori-body and appeared capable, they were concerned over MC's share of the company. They invited MC to a dinner in order to persuade him to give up his share of the company. MC concluded that he will have a professional person take care of his share of the company, rather than relinquishing them to uncle and cousin. Since MC and ML will never have kids, he kindly said that when cousin is married with children, he will give his share to cousin's children. Uncle and aunt immediately pressured cousin into getting married. :facepalm:

When ML turned 33, same-sex marriage was legalised, and the two of them got married. ML uploaded a photo of the marriage certificate onto weibo, feeding the netizens dog food. Later, when ML was invited to give award on stage, he once again feed other people dog food by (un)intentionally showing off his wedding ring. :blobamused:

ML asked MC to wear a skirt and dance for him. But, MC threatened him with divorce if he kept asking. ML immediately stopped and begged MC to not divorce him. MC turned the table on him, and asked him to wear it. ML said if he wears it, MC has to dance for him. So, they compromise. :blob_grin:

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Shizun, maripants, pcheshire and 10 others like this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow.....def enter the MTL-queuing list XD
    BTw, there's no hidden/vip chapter of the smut scene? Only fade to dark?

19. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I can see. Because I read in jjwxc, and if the legal site doesn't have it, I'm assuming there's none. :blobsweat:
    If I remember right, there was no author note about any smut scenes either. Plus, it only has a 'shounen-ai' tag in the NU page, not 'yaoi'.

pcheshire and Kaylee like this.