Recommendations BL unconventional ML

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by endel, Jan 16, 2021.

1. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the MLs in most BL stories are most times bigger and stronger than the MC, often with cold temperament and bossy or overbearing style.
    Wondering if there are any good novels where the ML either has an unconventional look (maybe girly or just not handsome) and/or an unconventional style/character (maybe easily flustered or happy-go-lucky or something).
    Anything that isn't the "norm"!
    for example, the ML in Kaleidoscope of Death loves to crossdress, or the ML in My Husband is Suffering from a Terminal Illness is easily flustered and tsundere.

judeiiro and chrissy987 like this.
  2. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Later, He Became a Royal Healer? ML is lazy and closer to beautiful than handsome. MC is actually the colder one and boxes regularly. Honestly I think MC would win in a fight 10/10 times lol

endel likes this.
  3. orange357

orange357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Later I became a royal healer - ML is like 2m, but can act spoiled and will go "ying ying (aka fake cry noises) " to the MC when feel aggrieved lol. Also poisoned tongued.

Seeing eye dog
    ThoseYears In Quest Of Honour Mine

endel likes this.
  4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, what kind of ML that you're asking here?
    Do you ask for ML as the gong ML? Or the shou ML?
    Also we agree that ML is the lover of MC? Not the MC, right?
    I mean, do you choose the gong or the ML?
    Because if your ML is gong, then your explanation there is the typical gong ML. So you might want to read novel with gong as the MC though.
    But if your ML is shou, this is very rare, and I cuodnt think of title rn, but I can suggest to read the Strongest God. Actually this title can be categorized into the MC gong too.

endel likes this.
  5. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I asked for an unconventional ML. Shou ML is in my opinion also very unconventional, since I rarely find a novel with MC gong and ML shou haha. I have read all of the shou ML novels on NU though, so I thought looking for unconventional MLs altogether would be a good starting point for finding new novels to read haha

judeiiro likes this.
  6. JamaisVu13

JamaisVu13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After Transmigrating I Made The Antagonist Cry ( ML is shou, cold faced but he cries easily)

Vanguard of Eternal Life (if you haven't read it yet)

After I got married, those who betrayed me were reborn (ML is really interesting character)

The Horror Movie Male Lead’s Winter

Live Broadcasting Raising Dragons in the Interstellar

Faking straight (ML is shou, harem novel protagonist, MC turns him gay lil by lil)

My favourite manly husband - mpreg ( ML is shou and pretty manly, also a ger(?). The kind of ML that melts your heart) ❤️

I heard that I am poor

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Killgore and endel like this.
  7. OnlyHaru

OnlyHaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrated into the Film Emperor’s Death-Seeking Fiancé
    The ML is still in a 'higher position' but can never win in a war of words again't the MC which I find super refreshing

I Ran Away after that Rich Old Man was Pregnant with My Child
    Lighthearted, ML is the shou even though he's the overbearing CEO type but it's really funny seeing him act like newlywed wife with the MC

The Ugly Prince
    says it in the title, he has a huge scar on his face and everyone, probs even the MC deep down, thinks he's ugly

To Rule in a Turbulent World
    ML is a slave the MC bought/saved. Love the chilled out interactions between them. ML would literally do anything the MC tells him to

Hope these help, Happy reading!

8. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always get this title messed up.. it’s like white lotus in the apocalypse... or something. It’s where the Mc is a gong that transmigrates into a rival cannon fodder shou then spends the book trying to change his look and seduce the protagonist shou.

the ML is pretty and op and continues to get more so throughout the book.

9. Emilyl

Emilyl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beloved Husband

endel likes this.
  10. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    Paper Lover
    Don’t Be a Kept Man
    Everyday I Get Up To See The Villain Stealing The Show
    Never Thought You’d Be This Kind of Hero!
    The Film Emperor Asks for Divorce Every Day
    This Omega is Immune to All Abilities
    Counterattack of a White Lotus that was Reborn into an Apocalypse :blob_plusone:

:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: (Haven't read Vanguard of Eternal Life and The Horror Movie Male Lead’s Winter)

:blob_plusone: Love this novel

:blob_plusone::blob_plusone: Ran away after rich old man was pregnant a very strange novel yet I like it.

endel and JamaisVu13 like this.
  11. JamaisVu13

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG!! SEME PROTAGONIST!!!!! :justabotheart:

@Killgore thanks for giving out the name of the novel. :blob_ghost: @Juju48 thanks for mentioning the plot :blobpeek: gonna read it later :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

endel and Killgore like this.
  12. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    I have list of some of the Seme prtagonist novels I have read - BL Seme Protagonists

JamaisVu13 and endel like this.
  13. judeiiro

judeiiro radish

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :blobhyperthink: the one that came to mind and made me spit out my water is probably Superstar Aspirations HAHAH ML is the typical cold iceberg on the outside but he has a stan weibo trumpet for MC and he gushes so hard and adorably that I applaud his rainbow fart skills :ROFLMAO:
    :blob_plusone:
    Reborn As The Villain President’s Lover - ML is tsun to the bone and often shoots himself in the foot with his own words, comedy gold
    I Became A Big Star After I Quit The Entertainment Industry - ML is quiet but actually MC's fanboy/fansite
    He Woke Up And Became The Actor’s Cat - ML is the out of reach film emperor but he secretly loves all cute animals BUT he seems to be a repellant qwq except MC of course!
    Home of the Zerg - ML (shou) is bigger than MC as per the Zerg species, holds a military job while MC is a lecturer of sorts
    Great At Acting, Now I’m Reborn - ML is quite sweet to MC if i remember correctly, none of that overbearing iceberg setting
    Ang Ang - ML (gong, S) is a pretty boy rich kid/boss while MC (shou, M) is a big muscly bodyguard, (r-18 bdsm though so might not be your cup of tea, but thought i'd toss it here for the adventurous)

and to make things REALLY unconventional, The Story of Two Male Mosquitoes :ROFLMAO:

OnlyHaru and endel like this.
  14. JamaisVu13

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm following your list. :blobfistbumpL: I've read almost all of 'em. I'm looking for new novels with seme protagonist with no drama. :blobpopcorn_cool:

15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there're lists for mc gong.
    Just like this one Gong/seme MC and Strong Shou/uke

JamaisVu13 likes this.
  16. aelin12

aelin12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link