Recommendations BL with murder mystery

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by meridianna, Jul 12, 2019.

1. meridianna

meridianna Suffering Ikemen Best Civilization

Reading List:
    Link
    yaoi + murder mystery exists? yes it does. most notable examples: Po Yun/Break the clouds and Mo Du/Silent Reading.
    that's why i'm looking for more. can someone give me more recommendations? it doesn't have to be translated, for danmei/BL. but for others..... eh at least there exists the translations.
    things that i want:
    1. classic 'whodunit', you know... finding the killer(s) in murders.
    2. male protagonist(s).
    3. can be in any era. ancient or modern.
    4. (optional) can give more shocks. eh i mean things are unpredictable. mysteries with predictable plot are not fun. and give many references.
    if there's nothing, recommendations can be normal/hetero novels. as long as there's no heroine, i'm okay :blobokhand::blobsalute:
    if there's no murder but mainly things are mysterious, i'm okay too :cookie::cookie:
    like Daomu Biji.
    novels that i had read (other than mentioned above):
    BL: Flowers Reflecting The Sky, Peerless, Fourteen Years of Chenghua (kinda still MTL-ing)
    nonBL: Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo 1-2 (VN), any of Natsuhiko Kyougoku's translated works i can find (Mouryou no Hako, Ubume no Natsu, Kyōkotsu no Yume), Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou, Psychic Detective Yakumo (tho tbh the last two are kinda stale), devotion of suspect X, tokyo zodiac murders, goth (by otsuichi).
    please gimme~
    i'm waiting~ :aww::aww:

coagulation likes this.
  2. blfan

blfan New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommand S.C.I mystery.

3. Mosstree

Mosstree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    itsasecret likes this.
  4. emiliers

emiliers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly a murder mystery, but it's certainly a "find who the bad guy is" mystery. Record of the Missing Sect Master. [Disclaimer: I am TLing this right now, haha.]

Ghost Hunt has some murder mysteries in it too, if I remember correctly, though it's been ages since I read it.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want a classic love-letter to murder mysteries, then you should probably play (or read the manga for) Umineko no Naku Koro ni. His previous Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is pretty good too.

5. KimiKazoo

KimiKazoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Yu Brothers’ Case Book! It’s not BL (though most of the characters are male so there are potential ships I guess haha), but it also has no romance which allows the plot to focus entirely on the mysteries and character development. Each volume is a different murder case and it all ties together in the end.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  7. Chuniii

Chuniii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Way of the Devil? Don't know if it suits your taste. It's a mystery-solving novels with an elements of ghost and horror.

Super Detective In The Fictional World. It is also a mystery-solving novel.

Edit: The novels have no romance (I think?) because I don't read the second novel but I don't think? that the Way of the Devil has romance either. They are not BL.