Discussion Black Clover anime actually bad or just reputation is bad?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by tmark0099, Jan 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the first two arcs of the anime and found it very good. So I was wondering why is getting bad rep? Thoughts?

2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    THE CONSTANT SCREAMING AND HORRIBLE VOICE ACTINGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OREEEEAAAAAAAAAA NUNNNNAAAAAAAAA JUNOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA

3. GilgameshX2114

GilgameshX2114 Eccentric Gil, Almighty Immortal, God of All

Reading List:
    Link
    Asta's voice is the reason for me. I mean the voice actor did a good job but it's just so annoying. Hahahahaha

4. Reynard

Reynard Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's annoying and he is very stupid

5. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    terrible animation. its basically getting the budget a naruto filler episode gets for its main episodes. lots of anime production companies do this on certain episodes for shows. they spend the budget on a battle episode so they reuse animation or lower quality to make up for budget on less important or bland episodes. for black clover, the shitty quality is always present.

no background characters move, the motion of characters is static rather than fluid, ect.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  6. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh. I liked it... but at some point got tired of it.

The story has it's key moments, obviously gotten from past accomplishments on how to swoon the readers. But looking deeper into it, you find the story is quite juvenile and at points a let down.

7. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    its the scream make me relucant to watch it.
    eventually become animeme

8. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Asta's continuous screams are way too annoying but it gets better later on where he doesn't scream so much. Anime I think is not that bad especially the major fights. I guess because of the annoying and childish start it's got a bad rep.

9. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Because people only judged in only few chapter/episode then concluded it was too... what was the word? Too typical shounen manga? Too following standard of shounen trope? Oh yeah, Too cliche.

Then again people only seeing beginning. Dunno about anime since i read the manga, but it was actually good in pulling their trope rather than other shounen manga. Noelle is basically what sakura could have been if pulled right, Asta's harem is good, some plot is actually logical, etc.

10. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Black Clover isn't shounen while pretending to be shounen? If you notice, half the conversations don't even make sense. Asta just screams out shounen lines out of context trying to pretend it is shounen.

It got extremely bad last arc.

And it doesn't end there. Every character is like a broken npc who can only stick to their template in all situations.

Yes, it is bad. Maybe for 5 year olds it can be interesting cause they don't care about anything more than pictures moving. But anyone who at least puts some thought into the story can't help but see flaws everywhere.

Everyone loves to hate Natartu, and it's 100X better than Black Clover.

11. mastrplayr

mastrplayr Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Storyline is good just far to much screaming

12. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't watched it since I follow the manga but a buddy says in the beginning the screaming and choppy animation were a turn off but there's quite a bit of improvement aftet the first half.

13. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Watched over 40 episodes. Honestly there have nothing which can leave me a deep impression. I’ll have totally forget this anime if you didn’t mentioned it.
    The main MC is just fking loud. The setting is normal, MC don’t have talent but can stood out unusually because of special ability and want to get the most high regarded rank in the world (imagine something like hokage, pirate king,..). He rejoined the worst team full of troublemakers but this is revealed they are all really strong and unique with some pasts issues (Cliché again..). Other than those two main cliché, the rest is fine imo.
    The anime isn’t bad but this isn’t really good neither. This is an okay anime for me, i’ll watch if bored. The main problem for me is i watched too much animes, read too much mangas and novels so nothing seems new for me.

14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    There is actually nothing wrong with it.
    It is just elitists being elitists.
    Just like those who say only subs are great.
    Given that those complaining about the low production quality do not pay for content. I think they are mental

https://ask.fm/ANNZac/answers/124947950281

15. Heracross

Heracross Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well personally, the anime killed me for the first 3 episodes that made me dropped it. Maybe I will watch it again. But animation wise it was decent. They used a lot of parallax and still frames but it i didn't shock me as bad.
    But the voice acting of Asta was bringing back my ptsd of naruto constant screaming but way worse. I really enjoyed the manga but not at all the anime beginning. My first impression were bad.

16. jack360

jack360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The screaming is so annoying that I wish I could jam his one sword down his throat and the other one I leave that to your imagination!

17. kurohime7511

kurohime7511 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wont go that far to say its "bad" anime. its nice.

18. Burai1992

Burai1992 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's dreadful, it's Naruto/Bleach/Fairy Tail/MHA levels of trash

19. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asta is not as lame as an SJW nagging Flat-Earth mother-in-law who lives in a van down by the river with Seymour, a Chris Walken-sounding and silent film-watching vegan cannibal zombie moose.

20. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not bad but the problem is that it got old real quick. 100 episodes in Naruto still felt it had more to offer, even Fairy Tail didnt enter its tail spin this early.