LCD Black Iron's Glory

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Ryogawa, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Up to 148.

Mc seems impressive, but don't like how we've kind of moved away from training magic. I'm assuming he's wary to use his other skills as they turned ot to be super forbidden, but using only magic missile gets boring. He's making potions and stuff, but not making any money as they'll give him away.

Also, I don't know why the mc has such a low opinion of his kingdom. From all the world building so far his kingdom has been by far way ahead of others in the world. More progressive about human rights and advancement than I assume other nations are thanks to a brilliant king with great ideals and decades of effort. I have no doubt that even if the mc traveled the world he wouldn't find better living standards for the people, as the norm seems to be to enslave and exploit the people. His kingdom is growing at a shockening rate and making fewer mistakes than other nations stuck in the past, excluding how to conduct war.

And maybe I just haven't read enough CN novels, but damn does not read like one. The author seems incredibly aware of the shallowness of other web novels and their depiction of a mc succeeding so easily in other worlds.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main focus of this novel is on war, and kingdom building similar to that of the author's previous work. If you're reading this novel for the magic parts then I feel you will be disappointed.

3. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm up to 200 and I got that. Don't know why it can't have both. Still reading, but beginning parts are just so misleading even if he had to live as a mage in hiding.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I dropped it around chapter 100 and was told that it got better.
    I planned to come back but the novel is on hiatus just like that author's previous work

Overclock likes this.
  5. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Up to 264

Like the new magic spells he gets from the girl.

Mc and author can't wait 264 chapters to go on a rant that Claude doesn't see people of the world as human, like himself. It's okay to not care about people you don't know. Plenty of people are like that and it isn't because we're transmigrators. Especially if they try to kill you. His talk that there's a instinctual connection to the people of his world is, unlike this magic world is BS. Was he a super hero or or volunteer worker helping his fellow man selfishly on instinct before the story? Nope. And in this novel we see plenty of people not give a damn about their fellows who share the same homeland and even blood. Mc's own brother is such a example. The nobles in other countries don't give a damn about anything beyond their own land and profits. The mages of the past saw normal people as labors, and even among mages their was so much division among them from low tier to high tiers.

Is the mc a child with mental problems? Is it that he can only stay sane by distancing himself from the world? BS as the mc has never had problems socializing with people. Maybe not super outgoing, but not sociopath levels like he's suggesting.

Its stupid and sounds like the author wanted to make a edgy/bad guy mc halfway through the novel.

And EDIT.
    WTF. Next god damn paragraph he helps rebuild a village and give advice to expand to ensure their safety and usefulness.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, he is a tsundere

Overclock likes this.
  7. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link

Plot hole. His baron mistress and her father are amazed the mc and sister have fine control, but half their own spells are the same ones the mc has which are forbidden as well. Magus' Hands, Decomposition, and Reconstruction. Hand killed the king or emperor guy who rebelled against the mages. The latter two were forbidden because a nobel made what was it, a gas that killed armies. They are registered mages and not hidden, so plot hole.

8. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I updated the military organisation with the new breakdown, the overall strength for most units hasn't changed that much, but a corps is bigger by about 16,000.

NameStrength Main units
    Corps 79,000 4 folks
    Folk 18,000 4 lines
    Line 3,500 4 tribes
    Tribe 740 4 clans
    Clan 160 4 bands
    Band 37 4 tents
    Tent 8 n/a
    There are some other details (like direct-command units) but that's the main part.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  9. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

While Decomposition and Reconstruction were officially banned, it seems like under certain circumstances it was allowed. And they weren't able to recreate the poison gas so maybe restrictions were relaxed. Plus they're from a different country which might not have cared as much since it was more useful than dangerous.

Meanwhile, Magus Hands was used to kill a king, and Fine Control was used to rob the treasury, so it makes sense that those two would be banned since they pose a clear threat regardless of who uses it.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Overclock likes this.
  10. mashqi

mashqi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read until the latest chapter, but can anyone remind me what happened to gum? He seems to disappear.

11. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's still with Claude as his personal guard.

12. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Message from the translator:
    Hi, Guys.

So it's that time again. As many of you know, the author of BIG has gone on another leave of absence. He's been gone for some time now. Back in late March after he was hospitalized for a month or two, he wrote an update, saying that he was still recovering, but would eventually wrap the story up in due time. We believe it's safe to say the project is on an extended hiatus, but definitely not cancelled or dropped.

That said, as of yesterday, we have caught up with him, and thus have nothing new to post as far as BIG is concerned. We have, however, been working on another project behind the scenes to post so you guys will still have plenty of reading. And we will continue to work on it as long as you guys continue to support us. If, and when, BIG starts going again, we will come back to it and continue our work.

We will release new chapters for the new project on a slip-scale based on the amount of support we can garner for the new project, up to about a one-chapter-a-day release rate, though that's not final just as of yet. The new chapters will fill in from the top tiers and filter down as BIG's chapters move out of circulation. The first chapter will come out for the top tier later today.

Thank you guys so much for coming along with us for this ride thus far, and we hope to have you guys for a long time yet to come.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Sincerely yours

Ryogawa and Prince

New project blurb:

Locke (no, not that Locke) is a middling officer in the Kingdom of Faustian's army. He happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, or the right place at the right time, depending on your perspective, and happens to save the kingdom's princess. As fortune would have it, love prospers, but in a world of peasantry and nobility, a middling, peasant-born soldier has no right to love a princess. Locke is nothing if not determined, however, and sets out to become someone worthy of loving the princess, someone her family can accept. But that path is neither short, nor safe, as our hero will soon discover.

14. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Translator on Volarenovels and Liberspark

Reading List:
    Link
    I've changed the status back to hiatus since there's no indication on the raw site that it's censored. Do inform me on here or discord if something like this happens again.

15. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    Checking in and did this guy get axed again? Sigh. Why can't they just make them change it instead of axing the whole thing. Such a waste.

16. silentRiri19

silentRiri19 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just really hope author is still alive. I can't forgive him if he does this again on Big. ToRL is hurtful enough.

Black Frost likes this.
  17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the author die?

18. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh great ones any updates in the author?

19. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    So is author still alive?

20. Pandora Exa

Pandora Exa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, i guess this novel ends here.

Good novel though...