Spoiler The Guide to Capturing a Black Lotus/黑莲花攻略手册[Oriental classical]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by novellike, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How long does it take for them to fall for each other? How long do we have to wait from the current translated chapters of the manhua?

Athy1000 and Jian Yue like this.
  2. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Since manhua ch 28 takes its scenes from the novel's ch 24/25, we probably won't see it until manhua chapter 90? Before then, there's signs they like each other. The manhua isn't following the novel exactly, scenes get skipped. For example, the scenes that show OO's father's unconditional loves for his daughter (for example, see first half of ch 10 https://secondlifetranslations.com/tgcbl/tgcbl-chapter-10). In the novel, ML's thoughts gradually go from 100% about his sister to 100% about MC. In the manhua, we get to see a lot of his thoughts of MC early on. Its obvious that he likes her in the manhua.

P.S. There's fan-made trailer/episodes of this novel, and some of them have subtitles if anyone's interested in watching them.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1bE411b7jK?p=1 (Is there a rule against posting links to fanmade videos?)

https://sleepytranslations.com/series/the-guide-to-capturing-a-black-lotus (translator for manhua version)

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  3. Athy1000

Athy1000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm!!!!!!

4. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like the translator is super on top of translating the manhua, so there's no untranslated raw parts, but here's the Chinese link for the manhua https://www.kuaikanmanhua.com/web/topic/8156/ (This the publisher for the manhua.)

The manhua artist is releasing a new chapter once a week on Tuesdays.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Fenrironcrac and Athy1000 like this.
  5. Athy1000

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    Can we have a spoiler about their confession or first kiss ?
    The faster, the better.

6. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Both happens in ch 81 in the novel. Lots of kisses after that point and so sweet for the most part(some angst on the ML's side). At this point of the story, the ML is more unhinged than usual because he confessed to his sister about using reverse talisman and he stops his puppy act, so she becomes scared of him. When MC kisses him at the prompting of the system, he decides its okay. He still has MC even if his sister hates him now.

He's scared that MC will leave him, so he uses the enchantress technique to control her for 7 days and get her to marry him in that time. His technique fails b/c of the system, but MC pretends that he succeeded and has fun during that period messing with him XD.

By the next day after the fallout and ML's confession to MC, the sister thinks things through and decides, even if he doings things that are considered evil in demon hunting community, he's still her younger brother. She still (platonically) loves him. In the original novel, ML doesn't give his sister time to process things (because there's no MC to be a buffer between them) and she's disturbed that he's in love with her, so she react very negatively.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  7. Athy1000

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.......ty!! Im very grateful but..... can we have, even a mtl is alright, a little part translated of chapter 81? Pleeeeeeease!!!!

Haiting1536 likes this.
  8. Anisfii

Anisfii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can read MTl version of chapter 81 here: https://www.shubaow.net/15_15898/4475387.html
    or here: https://m.imiaobige.com/read/232707/2482113.htm

i'm also liking this novel, finished it via mtl but still confused about the backstory of Musheng and his mother. btw can anyone explain:

1. when actually the child mu sheng separated from his mother and enter mu's house hold? ist it when he is 3 or 7 years old
    2. what's caused musheng memory lost?
    3. is mu yao the daughter of mu's first wife or second wife (aunt rong)
    4. what's the meaning of his mother cutting mu sheng hair and she can only cut love or hate
    5. when musheng's mother possessed aunt rong (after balckening) did he recognized her

sorry for the long question, thank youin advance

Haiting1536, Bella94, syofiaa and 4 others like this.
  9. Athy1000

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!!

10. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    1. He's 7. It's revealed later in the story that OFL's memory has been tampered too. He's kidnapped by the OFL's parents when he's out of his mom's sight to use as bait to capture her. They can't just kill him because then ML's mom will regain all of her power.
    2. OFL's parents cast a curse that makes him lose his memory in order to make it easier to mold him into a tool to protect their daughter.
    3. She's daughter of first wife, Bai Jin.
    4. I don't think the the logic behind the hair is ever clearly explain. In the extras, MC also cuts ML's hair with the special scissors that his mom used, and nothing happens to her. The author tosses in a lot of stuff related to the hair, but doesn't explain how it works.
    5. No. He doesn't know when he's a child. It's only later when the group goes to Wufang to investigate that he makes the connection. There are 2 soul in ML's mother's body. The enchantress and the resentful banshee. It's the enchantress that loves the ML. It's not clear why her love for ML weakens her and lets the resentful banshee take control.

ML has an unnecessarily convoluted back story. The real question is, if he shouldn't even loosen the ribbon, how does he wash his hair under the ribbon?

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  11. Anisfii

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much :)

12. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “How does he wash his hair under the ribbon?” An intellectual question! XD

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  13. Athy1000

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    If i not bothering u , since you were able to send me a link to the chapter of "confession", in which chapter does Mu Sheng loses his memories ?

Anisfii likes this.
  14. izznis

izznis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the mtl up to ending .. but there's none of the last 4 extra chapters:blob_teary::blob_teary: I NEED!!! Anyone got the links to the raws for the extras??

Bella94, Anisfii and Athy1000 like this.
  15. Anisfii

Reading List:
    Link
    If i remember correctly, mu sheng lost his memory since ch 1 he meet miao miao, cz he lost it since childhood, after entering mu house hold, i dont remember the ch when Mu's first wife sealed his memory

https://h5.imiaobige.com/novel/232707.html

You can read the complete extras here, it also contains the extra when mu sheng come to miao miao world's

Fyi if i want to read the MTL usually i copy aste the chinese title and add words shubaow or imiaobige behind on Google,

izznis, Bella94, milkyfoxz and 2 others like this.
  16. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of ch 102, Bai Jin suggests casting the curse to make him lose his memory. In the next chapter, there's a short timeskip, and we find out that ML is feral and can't control his power after losing his memory. Mu Yao finds out what her parents did back then through a letter her mother wrote to her maiden family 2 years before the Mu clan is destroyed.

To clarify, the current Dowager Empress, who was only a consort then, sent people to hunt down Mu Sheng and either kill or imprison him for life. So, Bai Jin's alternative of erasing his memory and raising him as tool to protect her daughter is lesser evil? Poor 7 year old Mu Sheng either way.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Haiting1536, Bella94, syofiaa and 9 others like this.
  17. Anisfii

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry OOT
    btw..if you like to read romance-adventure genre in ancient time i would like to recommend you
    Heart protection by jiu lu feixiang..the translation almost complete 107/113 ch. it have comedy moment, heart warming and angsty but happy ending. just like black lotus, it also slow burn romance but you can notice their love sparks in the early chapter, also there's no unnecessary misunderstanding between the couple. https://www.novelupdates.com/series/heart-protection/

18. soysuva

soysuva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML = Black lotus, Mu Feng
    FL = Ling Miao Miao
    OML = Original Male Lead (forgot his name)
    OFL = Original female lead (adopted sister of black lotus and lover of OML)

From reading MTL, ML (black lotus dude) falls in love (or is more aware of his feelings) with FL (LMM) in ch 52-55 after she almost died to a group of temple ghost and another man that is related to an older woman who died due to Empress Zhao and the Princess. There's more to the Palace plot, but I wasn't really interested in it. An important thing to note is the Empress has a younger brother who died 7 or 10 years ago. (I have a theory that that man might be ML's father).

A funny scene that happens during the temple rescue scene is when ML found LMM, her shirt was ripped and her back skin was exposed, so when he saw it, he was sort of having some dirty thoughts. He carried her back, but was feeling more self conscious of her while she was talking and touching his neck and stuff.

Another funny scene was when she was recovering in the Palace. OFL and OML were hanging out in FL room taking care of her because she was injured. OFL cut an apple into the shape of rabbits and gave it to FL. FL thought it was really cute and decided not to eat it. Once OML and OFL left, FL got up and started swinging her arms and legs, and ran around the room. ML comes in at this moment and sees this. He says along the lines of sacarsm: "where did the injured patient that was acting weak and sick infront of my sister go?". Shocked, FL jumps back into bed and acts like an injured patient again, feigning ignorance. Then ML goes up to her bed and starts to touch her thighs to check if it's injured. And she's like " WHERE THE F* ARE YOU TOUCHING!?" :ROFLMAO: After that, she makes up a story that she is too scared to touch daggers anymore b/c
    she was stabbed with a dagger at the temple (emperer did it, ML knew and almost strangled him to death, but was stopped by OML and because he had to quickly save FL at the temple). After that, he takes out a bamboo dragonfly that was LMM's (had her initials on it, i think, can't remember :oops:). She carved it sometime in the past (don't know which ch, but prob the temple and palace arc) and lost it. And it turns out ML stole it. She gets angry and tells him return it, and attempts to grab it back. ML threatens her to finish carving it for him (since the wings are missing) and she eventually agrees to do it b/c ML is a yandere sis-con and she still wants to live longer.

She picks up the dagger that OFL left on the table to carved the apples and starts to carve the dragonfly. Apparently, home girl did some wood carving in her past life for her job, so her skills are good. She finished the wings and unconsciously carved a heart shaped like an apricot on the end of the body of the bamboo dragonfly. She notices and is about to carve it out, but ML notices it and gives her a stern eye, which results in her not being able to remove it anymore. After she finished carving it, she was gonna give it back to him, but was pissed that she had to give it to him. So she threw it in the air like an airplane out of spite. It end up hitting the ceiling and fell straight back down and landed on the ground. She told him to pick it up b/c she was petty. :ROFLMAO:

Then he notices apples that are cut into rabbit shapes and grabs it, then chomps the head off. She sees that, is like " WTF!? YOU ATE MY CUTE BUNNY! GIVE IT BACK!" ML replies with, "I can't believe my sister used this trick on you, the one I taught her..." and adds: "Only I can eat the apples my sister cuts" Then he proceeds to grab the dagger on the table to cut another apple in rabbit shapes for her (FL). FL is shocked and grudgingly accepts the apple shaped rabbits from him. He then says, "You can only eat the apples i cut" After hearing that, FL is too scared to reject eating it, and swallows it down. ML then again says, "This is my return gift for the dragonfly". He then gets up and picks the dragonfly bamboo that was still on the ground. He caressed it while carring it on the way out.

A funny scene that happened after temple and palace arc: They arrive in a creepy abandoned village (people died there cause of plague and the original people who lived there fled) now owned by a rich merchant and his family. During a meal they had with the family, the owners wife gives a pear to the FL to eat. FL looks at ML and gives it to him instead, but ML misunderstood and cut it into rabbit shapes for her. They end up bickering and the people at the table, who were spectating, end up laughing at their antics(including OML & OFL). She ends up eating it and because the pear was juicy, the liquid squirts out. FL then licks her lips out of habit, this results in ML staring at her lips for a long ass time. LOL :ROFLMAO::X3:

I also still find it funny that OML is a shipper of FL & ML.

I'm still reading MTL, so these might not be accurate (order of some scenes might be out of order too), but it's a general idea of what happens in the story.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  19. Athy1000

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you soooo much~!

20. reizleigh

reizleigh Wicked Oni

Reading List:
    Link
    Neeed more spoilers:aww:

Daisychangedhermind and Athy1000 like this.