Movie Black Widow

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheap mindless entertainment on an expensive budget. They say this about a lot of Marvel movies, but most have value besides cool action and funny banter, this doesn't.
    I expected an origin story that would actually be dark and not half comedic relief.

2. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only Marvel movies I like are Thor, the second one sucked but the 3rd was the best.

The Loki show also sucked.

Jojo775 likes this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha. Let's be honest.

The Avengers universe overstayed its welcome a long time ago.

For some weird reason, they kill the projects of female superheroes with potential while crap never end.

I prefer Bionic Wonan to Supergirl any day and I love Superman.

They tried to please everyone and they just fail

Jojo775, Rutabaga and onnyfp like this.
  4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? wth are you on about?

the loki tv show is actually brilliant in all the different places

Akabane likes this.
  5. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to avoid newer Avenger series.. only watch the sequel of the older one like I am waiting to watch Spiderman the new movie and Doctor Strange Multiverse.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    My issue is that in a expanding universe, I just simply don't care about everything about it. And whats left leaves little for me to care about. Everything after end game has pushed my interest further away. If Dr Strange pushes my interest lower I'll probably stop watching it all together. Captain America

For you maybe, for me It feels flat. I don't think it's bad but my expectations are just to damn high i guess. Came in hoping for somthing amazing and got somthing just okay.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To me, MCU ends with endgame. Well, maybe I still want to watch spiderman. But anything else is just trying to fill the large shoes left with endgame and it's not easy at all.

8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    That, and you can just feel the wokedom just flooding out of the MCU now.
    Honestly, i watched the early MCU movies (loved Iron Man, the first Captain America was good and the first Avengers movie was decent) but too much, too relatively fast plus it felt like they started to run out of steam and started throwing crap at the wall just to try and make money and laud their virtue signalling.
    Oh well, guess they had to do something to prop up the flailing and failing money sink that is the comic book side these days (which is actually true, by the way. the big two are getting absolutely steamrolled by manga in sales and interest.)

9. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if you know Supergirl is not from Marvel? DC shows sucks way more, I think the only good one they have is Gotham.
    But I don't think Black Widow failed as a movie becuase it's one of those modern feminist movies. It failed because they tried to make it half dark half funny and with some stupid sci fi and explosions. Sure those family scenes were fun and nice but I think any average actor could've done those and it's nothing we haven't seen, it's not deep at all.
    I've got another thread for Loki here, it's actually good in episode 3,4 and 5. Combat still sucks and there's a moon crashing into an advanced civilization(wouldn't they evacuate long before that happens...) but it's probably just a plot device no one cares about, other than that story turns out interesting finally.

List of Marvel movies I like and think have some value:
    Iron Man 1
    Thor 1 and 3
    Captain America 1, not sure about 2 it's been a long time, 3 ( I don't know about value but it's super fun, that's sometimes a value in itself)
    Avengers 1 and 3
    Ant Man 1
    Doctor Strange
    Spiderman 1 (Homecoming)
    Black Panther

It seems Marvel fails when they make side stories, interludes between big events.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    My point is not feminism but trying to please everyone.
    You proved my point.
    It tried to do too much.
    That's why I prefer dramas, they are like movies in that they won't take years to finish like Western TV shows but with multiple episodes there is enough time to develop the characters and fix issues from earlier episodes

Jojo775 likes this.