Picked Up Blue Rose Princess

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by aceclover95, Oct 18, 2017.

1. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 青薔薇姫のやりなおし革命記 (Blue Rose Princess, Princess of Redeemer)
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4435dp/
    NU Link: -
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    So I read it with mtl, but I know that this is a worthy read. First, I think that this is about the MC's journey to reign as a queen to change the future where she get killed by a revolution. So there are politics, hidden plots, character growths, action, etc. Second, she only remember the day when the revolution happens and get killed. So she doesn't know about the why, when, how of the situation. She only know the one who killed her. And so, she strived to learn all things about her kingdom and the situation around it so she could prevent the war with the neighbour kingdom and the revolution. Third, romance is NOT the focus. So if you are tired with all the female protagonist reverse harem novels, this is a must read.
    Description:
    I'll just paste the raw description here so I don't butcher the translation with mtl.

歴史あり、誇り高きハイルランド王国。その建国を祝う<星祭>の夜、王妃アリシアは城に乗り込んできた革命軍に胸を貫かれ、命を落とした。―――はずだった。

愛する王は寵姫と逃げ去り、臣民には見放され、絶望の中に<傾国の毒薔薇>として虚しく死んだはずのアリシアは、なぜか、もう一度おなじ人生をやり直していた。

10歳のある日、ふとしたきっかけで<革命の夜>の記憶を取り戻し、自分が“やりなおしの生”を生きていることに気付いた王女アリシアは、混乱をしつつも状況を見極めるべく動き始める。そのさなか、アリシアは前世で自分を亡き者にした謎の美青年、クロヴィスと偶然の再会を果たした。

運命のいたずらで“やりなおしの生”をあたえられた王女が、王国を待ち受ける凄惨な未来を変えるために、革命首謀者あらため王女付き補佐官クロヴィスと共にたちあがる。

※R15指定は、保険です。

Edit: translation from @codiro
    The kingdom of Heileland had a long and proud history. However, during the night of the Star Festival celebrating the birth of the kingdom, Queen Alicia was stabbed through the chest as a rebel army stormed the castle.

Her beloved king had abandoned the people and fled with his favorite mistress. Alicia should have died in the depths of despair, reviled as the "Courtesan's Poisonous Rose", but for some reason, she was given a second chance at her life.

On her 10th birthday, she suddenly regained memories of the night of the uprising. In her redo-life, Princess Alicia began to ascertain what happened through the chaos. In a strange twist of fate, Alicia ran into the bishounen who had killed her in her previous life: Clovis.

The princess, to whom fate had granted a second chance, in order to avert the gruesome future awaiting the kingdom, must work together with the would-be leader of the revolutionaries, Aide-to-the-Princess, Clovis.

----
    I hope someone pick this novel up :D and thank you for the translation, @codiro !

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Mikaa, Claire Lilly, Raneday and 4 others like this.
  2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting, but it’s not my cup of tea. Still I wish you luck in this endeavor.

aceclover95 likes this.
  3. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    It has mtl?

4. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I mean that I read using google translation lol

5. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this does look interesting ^-^

I wonder if the political terms would be hard to translate.:hmm:

Well hopefully someone picks it up :blobparty:

Claire Lilly and aceclover95 like this.
  6. codiro

codiro Lethargic Pachyderm No. 5

Reading List:
    Link
    The kingdom of Hairurando(I hate names... Highland seems kinda stupid) had a long and proud history. However, during the night of the Star Festival celebrating the birth of the kingdom, Queen Arishia/Alicia was stabbed through the chest/heart as a rebel army stormed the castle.

Her beloved king had abandoned the people and fled with his faCorite mistress. Alicia should have died in the depths of despair, reviled as the "Courtesan's Poisonous Rose"(this could be improved upon), but for some reason, she was given a second chance at her life.

On her 10th birthday, she suddenly regained memories of the night of the uprising. In her redo-life, Princess Alicia began to ascertain what happened through the chaos.(brain gave up this sentence, probably about figuring out what caused the revolt) In a strange twist of fate, Alicia ran into the [biseinen] who had killed her in her previous life: Clovis.

The princess, to whom fate had granted a second chance, in order to avert the gruesome future awaiting the kingdom, must work together with the would-be leader of the revolutionaries, Aide-to-the-Princess, Clovis.

Hrm... seems interesting, but you wouldn't want my release rate working on this series... but just by looking at the summary, I don't believe a pure MTL and edit what comes out would do this series justice.
    Disclaimer: I just randomly made up terms... so any TLer should give them some scrutiny. Any self-respecting TLer will.

PS: I disagree with the title's (M)TL

Mikaa, Raneday and aceclover95 like this.
  7. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I use the mtl for the title, so feel free to suggest better translation for the title ^^

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    The Record of the Blue Rose Princess/Queen?
    The Record/Redemption of the Princess/Queen of the Blue Rose?

Edit: Don't mind me here

aceclover95 likes this.
  9. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds a bit similar to 'Aku no Joou no Kiseki', but really interesting. I hope someone will pick this up!

Ruruki likes this.
  10. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's quite alright! Please give me more suggestion, I would like to change the tentative title because it's reaaally shown that I only google translate it lol

The 'trying to prevent revolution' and the kingdom-building part? Yeah, sure. Except without the smut and harem, and the MC is a reincarnator, not transmigrator. I also love Aku no Joou no Kiseki! At least from what I have read from the teaser :D

11. Aris12

Aris12 Cold Ruthless Devil Loli

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel sound interested like duke daughter. I hope they pickup this novel.

Ruruki and Claire Lilly like this.
  12. kainan

kainan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can pick it up. I'm new to translating though and not very good at writing. :\

Claire Lilly and aceclover95 like this.
  13. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yay \o/

But what do you mean you're not good at writing? Not good at making the story flow well after translating from JPN to EN?

14. kainan

kainan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's kind of difficult to make the story flow and sound cohesive after translating from Japanese. I tend to first translate literally and then convert whatever I have to more natural-sounding English, which I personally find really difficult because I'm pretty terrible at creative writing. Everything I write just sounds awkward and choppy to me. ;-;

15. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so you are fluent in Japanese then? Hmm if you are able to get an editor then they may be able to help you with the flow. Flow does make for a better reading ^_^

Have you thought about where you are going to host the translations?

16. kainan

kainan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I wish I were fluent in Japanese. Having an editor does sound like a good idea, but I think I prefer working alone. Even though editing is quite the chore, I do kind of enjoy it. Besides, I think I'll gradually improve and get faster at improving the flow as I do more translations.

I'm already hosting on Wordpress and have also already uploaded chapter 1 if you'd like to read it. If you do, please feel free to give me any feedback. :)

17. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I would read it now but too sleepy to give any proper feedback.

I'll read it when I wake up! Wait is the wordpress blog on your profile? Or did you add it to nu already?

18. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
  19. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    @kainan thank you for picking it up!!! I'll look forward for the rest of the translations~

20. Trulycloudy

Trulycloudy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end, after the evil mistress tries to kill FL, ml saves her and kills her. And simtry (idk how spell) tells ml about the past life and what he did that made FL so scared of him. Ml apologizes to FL. They do their first night properly. The end :/

Also everyone has memories of the past life except ml, even in the extra chapters he didn't regain the memories. I think it's hinted that this is in another world, so the ml in the past life is not the same as the ml in this life. This is proven by the fact that his behavior was different when FL first met him at 10 years old. Moreover the evil mistress called this timeline 'a different world' which she wants to conquer again.

he has a fetish for pathetic women, alone, depressed and neglected. (I'm not even kidding about the fetish) his goal was to make FL completely trust him and get her pregnant, and push her so deep into despair. He achieved that when she was getting executed.

I don't even know why I read this. I'm regretting it now. A waste of time tbh

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023