Discussion Body cultivators

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Athousandhandspraying, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athousandhandspraying

Athousandhandspraying Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does everyone feel about body cultivators? The power to crush the earth and grab the heavens is romantic isn't it. Do you feel novels do them justice? What's your favorite you've seen in novels? What powers would you want to see?

Even though I dropped it, the fiend body refiners in Desolate Era with the ability to regrow limbs, regenerate from blood and make clones from hair is the coolest concept I've seen.

Edit: Alot of novels i see have body tempering as a side thing, and the protagonist still gets the best(strongest, fastest, hardest) body anyway.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    bbctheory84 likes this.
  2. Reyrey

Reyrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Renegade Immortal then or any Er gen's novel. They have body tempering in them

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much immortal body with indestructable skins and insane strength to do stupid shits like punching thtough a planet.

It unfortunately also makes them the perfect material to make death knights and puppets...

4. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I prefer how body cultivators are portrayed on a smaller scale. Top level there isn't much of a difference, internal cultivator levels a mountain range with a wave of his hand, body cultivator obliterates a mountain range with a kick. Just a huge amount of damage, only difference is the execution.

No what I enjoy is near the beginning of the novel when the power levels aren't yet at the god level. The scene where they try to attack the body cultivator only for their swords to break on his body, then he turns around and shatters their armor with one punch. Watch him rip the head of a savage beast using nothing but brute force. Real grizzly, rough and heroic stuff.

swordman009 and bbctheory84 like this.
  5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Never read Desolate Era but I agree that cheat level regeneration and clone making is super cool. On how I feel about body cultivators, the aspects in things like raw strength don't really interest me. I like it more when it focuses on other specs like speed and defense or even dexterity. I think being able to one punch kill someone is cool and all, but there would be plenty of that in a world with gapping tiers/levels in strength. I'd prefer the old afterimages and didn't even see them until their fists are already on your face type moments. Or moments where technique wins or when MC just stands there taking no damage from huge attacks.

I prefer those that focus on external powers like elemental/magic manipulation. Also enjoy mind abilities like when one can cut or enhance of the sense or cut off emotion. Also like partial body transformation, AOE skills, mobility techniques like blink and wings, and support skills like healing.

6. kaloo

kaloo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a fan, but I feel like in most series with an MC that is one... He switches to a normal divine cultivator midway through the series.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  7. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    You try the nine cauldrons?

8. Athousandhandspraying

Athousandhandspraying Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, i read the reviews and abstained

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    swordman009 and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  9. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I do agree, independent on materials weapon, use one own body to solve all problems.

And also I like the concept when you cultivate with a system that related to universe. I mean, it makes you feel powerful knowing that you learn the origin of everything and controlling it like yours alone, similar like Stellar Transformation.

10. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually love body tempering in novels. Too bad the system eventually gets kind of forgotten in most novels.

kaloo likes this.
  11. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    In most translated novels they usually dual cultivate both energy and body until body is left behind for one reason or another.

kaloo likes this.
  12. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    one of my biggest disappointments regarding body cultivators is that there only ever seemed to be a single path, stronger, harder, faster stronger. body has to remain solid no matter what hits it, in reverse it mus remain whole no matter what it hits and thus what it collides with must split.

My dream of body cultivation is to reach a certain standard of this strength that is nominally above humans but not monstrous or divine in scale and then focus in the opposite aspects. why must I take a hit if I can dodge it, why must I remain whole if I could let it pass through me and remain unharmed, instead of being rigid and inflexible I would prefer to be all encompassing and unfathomable.

just like how different novels have their own paths of ki refinement that isn;t just increasing the amount, intensity or purity of the ki alone, body tempering shouldn't solely head in a single fixed direction.

perhaps the final goal is to recreate the body? to be able to leave humanity through your own power and become something else more suited to your wishes.

the irony of all these novels? they portray the human body as a perfect complete form, and all these body refiners just keep their current appearance even once they reach the peak. the human form has many flaws, fixing even a single one of them would improve the race as a whole in terms of genetics, such as removing the limit on sets of teeth we grow in, or fixing the problematic structure of the spine or ankles. removing unnecessary traits left over from evolutionary phases from before humanity settled down and changed their eating habits such as the appendix, or the growth process and position of things like the prostate.

13. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    mythical tyrants and stellar transformation are my fouvorite body cultivation, pity mythical tyrants is dropped since 2 year ago i liked this novel even thought the plot is a cliche(i read mtl, but sucks to read in that headaching language) .

14. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Strongest System :blobsmilehappyeyes: his body is cultivated through him getting hit.

I like body cultivators, I like them more than a weapon holder. I prefer simply crushing them directly than cutting,impaling etc.

15. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very true. The novels near the end feel so weird and there is no longer a sense of scale. Whether someone started with one dao or another doesn't matter at that point. Each enemy of the MC feels the same or just more powerful than last, there is no charm.

16. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    'Way of the Devil' and 'Mystical Journey'.

Last I read them, they were on Qidian and they still should be.

The MC is purely a body cultivator, and the one who cultivates it to the extreme. Going as far as to match spiritual and mystical forces, and even pulverising them.

Both the stories were from the same author, and the concept is awfully similar. Nonetheless, they were w good read. I will look for some epubs to resume my reading whenever I have the time one of these days.

17. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    The only novel I've seen that gave body cultivation more depth was Renegade immortal. Having thier own ancient god techniques and wll

bbctheory84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.