Spoiler Bon Appétit

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Sep 17, 2020.

1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Thamiel

Thamiel Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, I do like Luana xd
    First I don't think her "I don't care that the kingdom has fallen and the royal blood is killed" way of being is bad, come on, she reincarnated into a NOVEL (perhaps just thinking of those deaths as fictional, led to her apathy for those who died), and if it weren't for being reincarnated and for her nanny, she would be dead by now, because she was abandoned, in the very literal sense, to the point that no one remembered her, it's okay to give a damn shit the royal family and the rest of the kingdom, because it's not like she could do anything, Ingrid could afford to be the way she is, because she was the one the emperor wanted, if the other sister or Luana herself acted the same way , they would have died in that very second

And about the ML, I like him, it's entertaining, dense and in contrast to other ML's of the same class of "War dog, genocidal that obeys the emperor" this one is much smoother than others that if they are total monsters, right? Is he a mass murderer? Technically yes, but it's set in the past, things like war were like that, in one kingdom he was a genocide and in the other a hero, it all depends on the side the person is on. It's a novel, don't look for morals in a novel like that, it's not the first and it won't be the last, that's it

Now with the O!FL, she is great yadayada, but nobody denies that she is a bit dense and with her head in the clouds, but that's fine, you understand, she was raised with love in her kingdom (which, she was taught to love), with parents who loved her, it is normal that she IS affected by what she suffered, unlike the FL who came from elsewhere and who, surely like the citizens of the fallen kingdom, her first thought was not "OH NO, MY KINGDOM IS BEING INVADED" if not the simple "Is my nanny okay?" because she is the one who took care of her, she is not the PRINCESS with the kingdom ahead, but only the person Luana, who if it were not for the fact that she gave herself, nobody would know that the one who dressed as a maid was a princess, I consider her more like a person with the thought of "I only care about who I know" and that's it, she has no responsibilities for those of the kingdom and she can't do anything for them either, she just lives and survives for her, as most would do xd

The romance between FL and ML is quite common, ML thick as hell and FL dumb but cute, I don't know what all of you expect, that FL says "I won't cook you anything, because you killed parents I didn't care about and you killed people I didn't care about.", she only cares about her nanny and the people who work in the palace like the rest of the citizens, and that's it, even if she were to act more empathetic (which she doesn't have to do if she doesn't want to, and that's perfectly fine, it's not she can do anything anyway) she just wants to eat and if making food for the duke makes her live decently, that´s fine, refusing will only make things difficult for her, she doesn't have to care about the lives of those she doesn't know, simple and easy xd

And anyway, considering the OG!Novel, I prefer a dense FL who likes to eat and cook and a socially dense ML, who does what he's always done since he was born a duke, being a war dog, because that's what he was taught at birth in such a position. Instead of a story where her so "beloved, best character" Ingrid ends up with stockholm syndrome by the creepy emperor, I don't know, pick your poison, but the second one is not my cup of tea

PS: And if it wasn't for Luana's meddling, Ingrid surely wouldn't be like in the ending, looking to reclaim her fallen kingdom instead of a woman suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, Accept that there is no Ingrid (with everything you like) without Luana

3. _Sentinel_

_Sentinel_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well discussing a story’s spoilers is generally done in the spoiler thread. Some people don’t like it, but it shouldn’t really against the rules since it directly concerns events that haven’t happened yet in the translated version. Otherwise I’m guessing the moderators would step in. Also thanks for doing me the honor of defending your arguments I guess?

Yes, and the person I’m criticizing is the ML of the story I am reading, one of the characters who is supposed to be the easiest to sympathize with. If the author can make a side character sympathetic, he can do the same for the romantic lead. Also, he’s a duke, so your argument about the OG!FL being a princess and thus incomparable to other characters due to her upbringing is invalid. He’s literally one step away from being royalty, and in terms of resources is probably on the same level as the royal family of the FL’s country.

Okay, so here you’re basically mentioning how 99% of the people in that society are living in horrible conditions and have to struggle every day for survival, and then you use that argument to justify why the ML, a member of the 1% has the right to act like a fucking barbarian. Great.
    He didn’t go through the same thing the commoners did. His upbringing and resources would have made it easy for him to treat people more sympathetically. Again, we even have an example of this in the OG!FL who can act like a generally nice person to those around her.

Okay, so my original argument was that the author doesn’t go for realism and thus has no justification of staying loyal to the image of a historical medieval society. What you said doesn’t really counter this. If the author didn’t go for realism, but also not for escapism, what exactly did they go for? And does that direction necessitate writing an authentically medieval ML?
    Also, if your argument for something being good is that thing being published, then I’d like you to go on Rotten Tomatoes and take a look at all the movies based on books and tell me if them being adapted to a wider audience is a sign that they are good. It isn’t. It really, really isn’t.
    The thing being popular also doesn’t make it good. 50 Shades of Grey is orders of magnitude more popular for instance. Are you going to tell me that’s a masterpiece of fiction?

Okay, so again, you didn’t bring any arguments against what I said here, so I don’t know what you expect me to respond. I’d enjoy the story about the two falling in love if the ML wasn’t a piece of human garbage I guess?

So the story opening on mass murder and threats of torture played dead serious is a romantic comedy? Really? The only person taking the situation lightly is the FL, and honestly that makes her more unlikable, since she’s not the only one who’s got skin in the game in that situation, but she doesn’t give a fuck that thousands of people probably died that day. Nah, she wants to get back to her cooking. So quirky.

Don’t worry, I stopped reading it. That doesn’t bar me from expressing my opinion about the events in it though. If that were the case, half of the videos on YouTube discussing books should be deleted since they’re critical of the work they’re discussing.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  4. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one would like luana if she wasnt the MC. Shes act like a 14 year old cringey tryard (and dresses like one too)

It's really a testament of how mediocre she is that even with protag centered bias people are shitting over her in the reviews

The only reason and I mean this cuase I've seen it happen in many stories, people want to defend her is cause shes the designated self insert. Shes obviously gonna get all the hot dudes attention so of course peole want to self insert Into her. Her personality is that of a popcorn eating bystander cuase thats how most readers view this series. Shes made wiht a digestible non complex personality so people can easily insert themselves into her. A blank slate if you will. We can all look at her and go "omg wow she is literally me and if she can get the attention of hot guys I can probably too". It's the same formula for shonen harems and the bland ass MCs

Ingird is an actaul character though. Shes not a self insert so by virtue she is better written as shes not made to appeal to everyday readers She is her own character and that will always be better then "the let's eat soup while the kingdom burns, oh did I mention that the rapist emperor who wants to violate my sister is "so bold"

Otome isekai isnt really literature its wish fulfillment and that's what this story is nothing wrong with it

But let's call a spade a spade and call out badly written characters who contradict themselves even if they are the MCs. Maybe that way authors can start putting a little effort into there chatacters instead of using the same tropes over and over

5. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    It always amazes me when I find people that can't comprehend that it's okay for fantasy and fiction to have their own rules, whether morally, whether magical, whether the physics are wonky.
    I agree that the ML and MC are not of the smartest kind and that in many occasions their logic is questionable.
    But if the characters in that story are not questioning the morality of the others then it means it's that story's common sense and leave it at that. And i am not talking about the victims from MC's kingdom, they shall for sure yell that ML is a murderer and whatnot. I am talking about ML's kindom and people. Let's not forget how on being asked about the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki the general populace cheered and wanted a third bomb to be sent to destroy one more city. When it's not about you, nor your close ones, and when it's about your country's/kingdom's benefits everyone is gonna cheer the heroes who on the other POV are villains, murderers, torturers and etc. Except when you are under dictatorship, but i don't see North Koreans rebelling, only some lucky escapees. Maybe, if this story's world had mass media and the general populace was more educated they would have been against all that.
    The point is, the populace in the ML's kingdom is happy, everyone is living good thanks to ML being good at war (and probably thanks to the other kingdoms in this story not being that good) and bringing bountiful stuff. So ML is a war hero, except if you are looking from Ingrid's pov. About MC's pov let's forget about it as she has, as stated before, questionable logic.
    Anyway, stop judging characters by real life morality, judge them by the story's morality.
    Do you judge Sponge Bob that everyone talks? Or that Squidward isn't eating the other fish characters? Or that a crab has a whale daughter? Or that a squirrel lives under the water? Let's not forget about that questionable talking yellow Sponge. :hmm:

6. Reputation_

Reputation_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When was their first kiss?

7. Kyhle

Kyhle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was on chapter 57. It got updated.
    PS. Hopefully people will stop or slow down on discussing that turn into a debate of whose morals are good and not. Mostly people come here for spoilers and its true there are no strict rules on having a discussion but it covers the spoilers that the people want and been searching for. Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    bigredqueen, Leilacus, Elisee and 8 others like this.
  8. IrisBay

IrisBay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why but any angle i look atbit, i can't see any beauty,.. Hahha:blobxd:
    Maybe my eyes prefer the tan and manly image of the duke. :blobpats:

Shizun, twerk and bounce and Dofu like this.
  9. twerk and bounce

twerk and bounce Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you are so beautiful

Wuttttt??? Is he a fuck boy emperor. Noooooooooo, fuck, I think the emperor is an old and fat man *panik*

Wuttttt??? Is he a fuck boy emperor. Noooooooooo, fuck, I think the emperor is an old and fat man *
    so everyone knows she is to become an empress

10. yuna reinhart

yuna reinhart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here for spoiler not to learn about what's right and wrong...

Cuz personally I like MC's who torture and kill peeps

Anywayyy when will the mc and ml realized their feelings? It's taking to longgg ಠωಠ

11. firelordleen

firelordleen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here, it's just a webnovel that's supposed to be fun idk why they are doing all this

Elisee, saiencia, Sheiren and 8 others like this.
  12. Reio

Reio 【Random】

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't those guys get tired :blobnobully:

spchntrt, Elisee, Zxanna and 7 others like this.
  13. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link
    Gosh... i just read a glimpse of this thread (except the spoilers. Thank you for giving us spoilers, guys...) and it exhausting me.. :notlikeblob::sweating_profusely:
    Everyone has their own moral standard, we grew up in different environments, that's why we're having different value..
    I appreciate all the opinions, cz there's both make sense, but.. let's just stop here...:blobwoah::blobdead:

Can we back to the spoiler or discussion about the plot?:blobnom:
    Btw any more specific spoiler about the story after ch 65? :aww::aww:

14. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've missed you in threads!
    I'm having fun Reading all the points

I gave nothing but another black hair red eyes unfeeling and war lord. Copy paste lmoa

theilikepie likes this.
  15. Lost_Antipa

Lost_Antipa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For everyone who came here for spoilers and not for the debate, im glad to help. Here are some spoilers ⬇️⬇️⬇️
    so after the duke found Luana, he was always close to her and folowed her around, because he was afraid that she would run away again even though she said that she won't. And Gerald ( close friend to Luana's mother ) wanted Luana to get away from the duke. Gerald knew that Luana's mother liked romantic things and figured that the dukes curse could be broken when he eats a dish made by the person he loved. When he told that to Luana and the duke they decided to make a food competition for women ( to find a lover ) sense neither one of them understood that they are in love.
    Here is a sweet moment from the novel When she returned to the duke, he called Luana with his hands clenched.

“Why?”

As she approached, he pulled Luana’s waist, sat her next to him, and leaned his head on her shoulder. And he said with a tired look.

“It’s painful to eat so many things that don’t taste good.”

“It’s still something you have to do.”

The duke sighed deeply as she patted his back to comfort him.

“How did you live on all this time?”

He couldn’t imagine before meeting Luana. He couldn’t even remember how he ate at the time when all the food felt terrible.

“What’s for dinner?”

“Are you going to eat dinner after eating this much?”

" Those are not even food.”

The duke grumbled a little. Luana shook her head to soothe the duke, and suddenly she felt a gaze. Someone was looking at her from somewhere.

‘Where are you?’

Turning her head, her gaze stopped at the butler.

He was looking at them with a smile. Why is he smiling so happily? She had doubts, but only after that did she realize. The duke put his head on her shoulder, and everyone else watched them!

‘He misunderstand!’

Even if she saw herself like this, she would’ve thought the duke was dating someone She has been trying to stay away from him all this time, but can’t believe she made a mistake. This is a big problem!

‘Let’s calm down for now.’

Calmly, Luana pulled her hand from the duke’s back and gently pushed the duke.
    “Sit straight.”

“Why?”

“A lot of people are watching.”

“Can’t I do what I want in my mansion?”

The duke, however, corrected his posture. As soon as Luana checked it, she quickly walked.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to check something!”

Cute :oops::love:
    Because the food competition was that big and all kinds of lady applied ( nobles, commoners etc ), Luana also participated in the competition using magic to change her appirence to see if there are any cheaters. And Luana ended up winning
    Thats all for today, i have more spoilers so if you want i might share them in a while :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    augacutan, bigredqueen, Naant and 6 others like this.
  16. Ariary

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankssss! Can you give spoiler after ch 73?

Lost_Antipa likes this.
  17. Jung-shi

Jung-shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler pls for their confession!!!!!
    I personally like FL ... People here are discussing who is better FL... Guys this story is not all about one genre... If you want action pls read something else. I really like how they narrate how the food taste and textute and I love how food can change the people rationality hehe..

_shay_, Dofu, Elisee and 2 others like this.
  18. Ariary

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg ch 76 is sooo cuteee...
    can someone share the next ch afterward?
    Mtl is okay!
    Im eager to read it until the end but i cant seems to wait the next unofficial update

19. Lost_Antipa

Lost_Antipa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Luana confessed in chapter 79, here it is ⬇️⬇️:blobparty::blobhighfive::blobuwu:
    Legion pushed her back, and Luana walked a few steps and turned her head. An indescribable expression was on Legion’s face, who stayed and saw Luana off. When she saw his expression, Luana ran back and hugged Legion tightly. He smelled her familiar cool, and refreshing scent in his arms. As she hugged him, she heard Legion’s startled voice, which sounded charming and beautiful.

“Luana?”

She was going to tell him after the situation got better, but it felt like her heart won’t be able to stand it until then. His heart kept racing, and there was no way to hide it. What should she do? All she could do was confess her feelings.

“I like you.”

Luana said, looking up at Legion.

“No, I love you.”

Legion’s eyes, looking down at Luana, were filled with surprise. Those words he could never imagine came from Luana’s lips. He had wanted to hear those words all this time; it was sweet and ecstatic as he thought. However, the situation had already gone sour.

If only the situation they were in right now were better, he would have accepted her feeling with joy, but now he has to put Luana’s safety first. He also had a lot to say, but he couldn’t. His heart was jumping in joy, and he couldn’t keep his composure.

“I will definitely come back to save you.”

Luana said that bravely, knowing what Legion felt. So far, he has protected others but has never been protected. But now, someone smaller and weaker than him was saying she would protect him. Originally, he would sneer, but now he heard those words, his heart was full.

“So, wait.”

Luana’s appearance was shining as she said that. Legion clenched his fists. A familiar voice came from behind as he was about to confess his feeling

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022