Spoiler Bon Appétit

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Jung-shi

Jung-shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then the duke got poisoned by Gerald to change his feelings about Luna. It caused him lost of his feelings of love towards luana however he doesn't like the idea of her getting away and still keep her near... So the poisoned accident just passed like that...

2. Ariary

Ariary Sucker for isekai troupe

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatttt! It's disappointing
    So he didn't recover until the end??

3. Viel2001

Viel2001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have epub/pdf of the novel?

Omg GERALD! WHY?! how did the duke remember?

4. Astrology Freak

Astrology Freak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    > read novel
    > spoiler thread acquired
    > debate on war and morality (basically a futile thing to debate about lmao bc war only benefits the upper class: it's the common people who suffer. King and Duke are equally bad bc duke could have contested the war for a more peaceful solution but eh. Note that this happened bc Ingrid rejected the Neighboring King. Jesus.)
    > organized spoilers???? WHERE???? orz

This has got to be the weirdest thread I've been in, lmao. Ingrid is actually nice: it's the blondie king who's an incel. Imagine invading a country (even if casualties were a minimum) just bc your crush didn't reciprocate your love. Couldn't be me, lol. I hope Ingrid and Luana stay pals tho. Luana is...well, not wholly all there. I've met the same kind of ppl IRL, so it's not too far off.

ML is uh. Well, a mix of idiot and intelligent when it counts. Why eat something an enemy nation's princess gave you with zero hesitation? Kinda makes me think of those otome isekai fantasy series where the OG!fl's cookies/food that were given to capture targets were spiked with magic to make them more pliant/obedient/or straight-up charm magic. That...actually makes sense, as MC is a witch.

*pat pat* Welcome to the Otome Isekai community, fam. Most MLs here are "War Heroes" with piercing eyes, eight-pack abs, curses, parental issues (that are somehow resolved by the power of love), trauma (that are also somehow resolved by the power of love), and disregard for human rights. God, even medieval/renaissance wars had more morals here.

It's an unconscious bias for some, actually. Good on you for being able to differentiate tho. Keep slayqueening over there! :aww::aww:

5. Jung-shi

Jung-shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha it can't be cured... He did it without cure... But because of the duke's love, he slowly break it... Just like in the fairy tales...

The side stories are all about their two daughters who became the king and duke... The eldest daughter, the king become the light witch... And Irene, the youngest, the duke became the wealth witch ...

It ends without knowing what happens to luana and the duke after their grew up ... I am curiwhat happen to them since luana is a witch and like other witches she doesn't age and the duke who is human... Will the fate of witches loving a human in the manhwas will be the same?

bigredqueen, Leilacus and Ariary like this.
  6. Ariary

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankss! Can you give me specific spoiler about what will happen in ch 81-91 (the end)?

7. sssssleigh

sssssleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I'm sorry but I can't take this double standard. I've read manhwas where FL is a soldier and killed innocent lives because of loyalty to Emperor and I don't see you guys saying anything about it. But because it's a Male Lead, he's suddenly a murderer and a trash? Like howww? If you guys are acting like this, you guys should give the same energy towards FL's who killed for their Emperor.

It's as if the Royal Family that neglected FL didn't do anything bad for you guys to show sympathy over these people. The spoiler also said that the nobles were corrupt. So I don't think ML really did anything wrong here. He killed criminals in the kingdom that's why even if it was for the Emperor's greediness, he didn't necessarily do anything wrong. The intent was wrong but the act wasn't. Besides, the Imperial Family (FL's family) was never entirely a Saint either.

P.S. This has the same energy to "ML Revenge: ML trash ≠ FL Revenge: FL badass" you guys keep portraying. It's honestly disgusting.

8. CrimsonHazel

CrimsonHazel [Sarcastic Green Tea]

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally think its got to do with the pov the story is shown
    Whether its ML or FL if they're the MC of course its easier to take their side
    If I read a story in ML pov and there's a girl killing people for revenge, I'll probably condemn her. But if the story is from the girl pov, I'll probably support her and condemn everyone trying to stop her
    Double standard? Hell yeah it is. But thats just how I enjoy reading these story

Dofu likes this.
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I just hate war criminals. No matter the gender. Dosent help that we are in the phase where there romanticized. In 10 years everyones gonna look back at the kind of shit they liked and go "wtf whyd I even like that"

Idk maybe it's the fact I'm from a country that suffered from war crimes, colonization and invasions by foreign forces so im more sensitive to it

I wouldn't be supirsed if someone makes an eva braun isekai chaged the names and people would lap it up.

Also does anyone know what happed to the red head sister? She was really pretty so itd be a shame if she was must written out.

Maybe shes living her own OI novel life somewhere

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    Azka Anees likes this.
  10. _shay_

_shay_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here for spoilers, but found a debate.

Some people dislike the FL and I respect your opinion. She’s quirky, can only cook, and doesn’t care about the possible thousands of people killed by the ML. She was an abandoned princess and her only joy is cooking/eating good food. Why should she care about others? I honestly don’t care about the MC’s “morals” or lack there of. Did anyone care about her before? No, so why should she care about anyone else? I’m sorry if I offended you righteous people who worry about those possible thousands of people who died, but MC’s life is also in the line. She had to cook for ML to survive. Does she really have time to care about others who never cared about her either? She enjoys cooking and it saved her life; good for her!

Some like Ingrid and say she would have been a better MC. To me, Ingrid is a princess loved by everyone. She has everything in the palm of her hands then suddenly this jerk emperor ruins everything for her. I can totally understand why she would want to reclaim the kingdom that was stolen from her. What I don’t get is why she’s being compared to the ML. They were brought up within the top 1% and had the best privileges, but Ingrid is good and ML is a mass murderer. You can see that Ingrid was brought up with love and experienced no suffering (before the kingdom’s collapse). The ML is completely different. Yes, he was from a ducal house, but do you really think he hasn’t suffered? I just wonder how his father treated him when he was young. Since his father was cursed with faulty tongue, he couldn’t eat good food. What happens when you are starving and you are served horrible tasting food? I could imagine, a person who suffers through that would always be grumpy and probably hate the world. I get why the ML became who he was. If a normal person becomes irritable when they’re hungry or doesn’t have enough sleep, what more for someone who has to suffer that every single day for the rest of his life? I’m not saying that as an excuse to do bad, but I can kinda see where he’s coming from. Also, war is terrible, but war is war. Ingrid’s kingdom would see the ML as a monster, but the people on ML’s side would applaud him as a war hero because conquering more land brings glory and honor to the empire.

I read some spoilers that Ingrid started a rebellion. Of course, justifiably so, she wants to take back her kingdom. Yes, she killed the tyrant emperor; he deserves it. But wouldn’t a rebellion also hurt many people? So from Ingrid’s side you can say it was for justice, but ML’s side was for glory/honor(?). Either way, it’s still the nameless masses that would suffer the consequences.

Anyway, there are other novels/manga/manhwa/manhua that have MC’s like Ingrid. For those who like that, please read those instead. At the moment, I want a light relaxing read and Bon Appétit just hits the spot. I can just enjoy reading about a girl who conquers her captor with yummy food. No need to think too much, no overly heavy drama, no mind blowing plotting and scheming. Is it a masterpiece? No way! This is not a full course french meal where you have to appreciate the sophistry of every bite. It’s more like candy…simple, sweet, cheap. It won’t fill your stomach, but still satisfies your mouth.

I would like to add something based on experience…well, sort of. My cousin caught COVID like around the end of July and he got that COVID tongue with a terrible twist. Like the ML, food tasted horrible for him. He said, and I kid you not, food tasted rotten. I don’t remember the exact story, but he said he was putting ketchup on his food and it tasted wrong. He thought it was expired so he threw the whole bottle of ketchup away. He ate a meat dish and he had to throw that up because it was like rotten meat. He said coffee suddenly became like some kind of chemical mixture to him. So he was just casually telling me and a bunch of other people his story. He said something like “Ah, I can’t eat (some dish) anymore” and someone kind of laughed. (I can’t remember the dish) It wasn’t like a “laugh” laugh…more like a polite laugh when you think someone is making a joke…idk. He blew up. We were all shocked because we knew him as like the nicest, friendliest person. He apologized later on. He said he was feeling terrible/stressed and it was really messing with his head. Like he would try to remember what coffee smells like, but his brain now associates it with chemicals. It scared him to try other foods because his brain might remember them wrong. It’s a good thing that not everything changed. Rice and water tasted the same, so he didn’t starve. Thank goodness it was only temporary (like a few weeks), but he said he was in despair. Just imagine being hungry and having food in front of you, but you can’t eat it…not because you’re not allowed to, but because of the horrible taste. It’s not like being told to eat something bitter, but it’s like having to eat something disgusting instead. Either starve or eat something disgusting…you have no choice. It’s a different kind of torture.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  11. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not morals its shitty bland characters. That's it. It ain't deep

People like ingrid more cuase shes a better written character. I hate noble character 98 percent of the time but I have to admit that she is

12. _shay_

_shay_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t understand the “better written character” part. It’s a princess who had everything reduced to nothing vs a princess who had nothing and is given a little something. You can expect the first one to try to take back everything that was lost, but what does the 2nd one have to fight for? She had nothing in the first place, but now she’s given an opportunity to do something she likes (cooking).
    Ingrid has her kingdom, so she’s fighting for her kingdom.
    MC has nothing but her life, so she’s cooking for her life. Why should she fight for a kingdom that was never hers to begin with? (Not that you said that she should) What else is she supposed to do? Ingrid and MC have totally different circumstances. MC is just making do with what she has atm.

I think, it’s more like you have a preference for strong FLs vs laidback ones.
    Actually, I think MC is strong in her own way. She can enjoy her food in every circumstance, even under threat :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:
    Iirc Ingrid starved herself as a sign of protest. :hmm:

I don’t understand too much the dislike for the MC. So it’s Ingrid’s fight against her sudden circumstance vs. MC’s acceptance of her slightly better life? Idk. I can kinda understand both, but I don’t think one is better than the other. Anyway, I haven’t read much…just up to ch. 23 of the manhwa, so I can’t really judge.

13. firelordleen

firelordleen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god why are you guys back at it again .
    Yk how easy it is to drop a story you dont like instead of arguing about it constantly and it's literally fiction, also if you really like ingrid you will find SO MANY stories that have a FL exactly like her .
    I personally like that this one is different and not another Mary sue

14. _Sentinel_

_Sentinel_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I raised a fuss about ‘Blinded by the Setting Sun’ and another manga where the FL was a murderer on some platforms, but the truth is that almost all the war criminals in otome isekai are men. It’s not a case of double standards for me, it’s more the fact that I usually criticize mangas I stumble upon, and I VERY rarely randomly find one with a murderer FL. I’d have to expressly go looking for specific manga to shit on, and I’m not nearly that low yet.

Also, I highly doubt that the ML just went in and sniped every single criminal noble in the kingdom with no collateral damage. That’s impossible. A huge part of the defending army was surely made up of soldiers or maybe even conscripted commoners. In that sense, the ML also killed victims of the nobles’ corruption, before actually killing the nobles themselves.

And I get that FL’s family were assholes, but I don’t know about FL’s sister. Does she do something in the future that makes her unlikable? I expressly stated how I liked her as a character, I don’t really care about the rest of her family.

theilikepie likes this.
  15. Dofu

Dofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't understand why some of you are still in here. I understand constructively criticising a story, but y'all actually HATE nearly everything about this story. Why are you still reading this? It honestly sounds painful for you. Some of us are here because we actually enjoy the story (shocking, right?) and want spoilers. You're honestly actively making this thread less enjoyable for the rest of us. If you're looking for other people to hate read with, please consider just privately messaging with them

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  16. Ariary

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh.. i saw the notification and clicked it happily, hoping someone would drop the spoiler.
    But turns out it all back to the debate and criticism. :blobsleepless::blob_tilt:
    I thought we already passed that phase.... sigh..:bloborz:

Any spoiler about the side story (if it has)..?:blobmelon:

ISTP23 likes this.
  17. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Its cause I like hating on stories. Its fun. Half the reason this manwha is alive is cause of hate readers. (Not to mention the dorito chins). You want to know what happnes to most manwha with shit art and mediocre stories? They are forgotten. So your welcome for keeping the manwha discussion going : )

We reading the same story? Luna is the epitome of a wattapad mary sue written by a 13 year old who later cringes at themselves.

Fucker is a a body snatcher emulating humans

Maybe we want to discuss mortality and politics in this manwah. There is no rule stating we cant. At least those discussions actaully relate to the story. The discussion that are actaully off topic are the "omg gayz stop bringing your sjwness and morals onto these histroically accurate stories with witches and magic. Let the poorly written ML murder death kill everyone without any criticism :mad::mad:"

There have been spoilers posted and we are discussing them. If you want only positivity then make your own site and enforce that rule

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  18. sssssleigh

sssssleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FL was raised different from Ingrid. She was raised in all rainbows that she doesn't even think ill of her parents even though they're evil. So with that sense, you're asking FL to take sympathy with the people who abandoned her? Isn't that stupid? Atleast with the ML, she was able to spend time with him and all (despite being jn a toxic and tsuntsun way). But as we all know, they didn't even know she was still around and alive. That's how much they didn't care.

And besides, even if you hate these "murderer" ML, please do not forgot that he is also a soldier of his kingdom. If you say he might've killed also the innocent, then that's a stretch cause it was said in the spoilers that the nobles were corrupt and even with that, he didn't kill everybody. Some were left to live albeit sold onto slavery like FL, or imprisoned just liked Ingrid. However, even with that said, it wasn't the ML's jurisdiction on what to do with all the nobles anymore. It was the Emperor's.

P.S. I would love to expand my opinion more if you ever give me a response, but I don't think I can do that anymore because it'll feel like you've won in your agenda in bringing hate onto this story. I just realized that this forum is 95% debate and 5% spoilers and genuine readers are showing distate over that. It's not something that I want so I would like to apologise since I may have brought back the debate session in here by mistake. I should've just left it at that. Besides, you have the opinion to hate on the story (even though I still think it's unfair of you to do so) so I'd just leave this at that.

I was planning to leave but came upon this awfully funny comment. Well, atleast you have fun hating on stories that artists and writers worked hard to share. Atleast you're keeping it "alive", thanks for that

spchntrt, Dofu, Ariary and 2 others like this.
  19. firelordleen

firelordleen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is everything okay at home? No need for all of this ,you are being aggressive, you have made countless comments already we already know your take on this very well. And it's clear that you despise this story, so for your mental health you should move on now.

20. Lost_Antipa

Lost_Antipa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from everything :blobnobully::cookie:

The raw novel ( in KR ) is complete and it has 97 chapters and 13 side stories.
    The main story is not completely translated, but new chapters realise in around 2/3 days.
    None of the side stories are translated in english so far.

bigredqueen likes this.