Discussion Luo's Book Club (C-novels)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by luoxinle, Feb 2, 2022.

?

What novel should we read in September?

1. Cannon Fodder Fake Master Was Stunned After Being Reborn

2. Source Of Calamity

3. Outrageous

4. The Legend of Sun Knight

5. No vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    How are people liking this month's novel? We've got a lively discussion going over at the Discussion Thread. Come join us!

As April draws to a close, it's time to pick a novel for May. Vote in the poll!

Like Pearl and Jade is a BG transmigration novel set in Ancient China that just finished translating (98)
    Married to a Disabled Man in the ’70s is a BG transmigration novel with a System (135)
    She is the Protagonist is a GL transmigration novel in which they rebel against the System - it looks good, but it's very long (210)
    Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating is a modern BL (120)
    He’s Mine, No Objections Allowed is a modern BG in the entertainment industry (68)
    Lemon Lightning is a BL university romance (65)

The numbers in parentheses are the total number of chapters.

What do folks think? Now that I've figured out how to use the poll feature, vote in the poll!

@ReaderReader @writtenforcup @Mental waifu @ToastedRossi @LazyWalnut @asriu @mYboiS @MsEliteNEET @Szara @ChocolatChan @Eccentricstate

2. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    May's book will be Guide on How to Fail at Online Dating. Find the discussion thread here: GHFOD Discussion Thread.

I've already started the discussion, so stop by and let me know what you're hoping for in this book!

On a housekeeping note, we will have a bunch of new choices for next month's novel - stay tuned for more updates. For a sneak preview, check out this list.

DojaDoge and Eccentricstate like this.
  3. Neverthelessilu

Neverthelessilu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna join too! (≧▽≦)

DojaDoge and luoxinle like this.
  4. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! Please introduce yourself!

Some ideas for an introduction (but feel free to tell us anything):
    What kinds of books do you like? What are your favorites? Is there anything sitting on your to-read-list that you'd like to read with others?

5. rialm

rialm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bookmarking this thread. I've read ADND, good novel.

But I will skip this month: I have not read on jjwxc in a long time, usually qidian, and this novel's theme is not for me.

luoxinle likes this.
  6. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! What kind of books do you like to read? Any favorites? You can also check out this list and start thinking about which one you want us to read next month.

rialm likes this.
  7. rialm

rialm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Farming novels, I love farming/farm life novels. That aside, I like historical, shenhua xiuzhen, scifi,... Basically, almost everything but I am picky about romance.
    Mostly read recommendations from book friends: my last non-qidian novel was "Back To The Sixties" by nanfang lychee.

From the list, I like "Like Pearl And Jade" and also "Back To The Beginning Of Ming", but I am unsure about the latter because it has the "rape" tag.

luoxinle likes this.
  8. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that too, but I checked the spoilers, and it's a plot about the main character preventing someone from getting raped or punishing a rapist, not a description of it, and not between the lead characters. For me, that's close enough, but obviously we can skip that novel if the group doesn't want to read it.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    rialm and DojaDoge like this.
  9. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    What a great list! I have already planned on reading Emperor has an Illness, and Return to Ming. This is a tough choice. Like Pearl and Jade is pretty good. I read it last month.

10. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this month's book is turning out to be such a quick read. It's not quite as funny as The Daily Life of Being the Campus Prince's Fake Boyfriend, but it's still pretty hilarious at times, and fortunately no cringey moments yet. When I read the description of the novel, I was worried that there would be lots of hurt feelings before a dramatic reconciliation, but now it doesn't seem to be heading in that direction. It's a funny and fluffy one! Come join me at the discussion thread!

DojaDoge likes this.
  11. Neverthelessilu

Neverthelessilu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I usually can read any type of book but I don't like harem a bit. Usually a powerful mc is the type I like but not a pushover. A system included is wonderful too and yaoi and shounen is alright. I am currently reading Jiang Chao Ge's Spirit Weapon and I love novels with intelligent and somewhat villain and selfish mc. (◍•ᴗ•◍)

rialm, DojaDoge and luoxinle like this.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read the post title, I want to join.
    But I didnt do it, because usually preferences are never the same and reading speed is different for everybody.
    Few of the titles are in my reading list too. And usually I only ask for spoiler, rarely join discussion, so I might be clueless of what should I write in the discussion thread.

DojaDoge likes this.
  13. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! Feel free to read just the ones you like. If you're not sure what to say in discussion, you can reply to what others have said and like other people's posts. You're also welcome to open a spoiler thread and link it here. Do any of our potential upcoming novels look interesting to you?

DojaDoge likes this.
  14. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    FWIW I can also attest that this is a low pressure, easygoing group. I joined in at the last minute for one book. Then I skipped last months book. I will read this Month's book but won't get to it til later in the month.

Kaylee likes this.
  15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    finished 2 of them in thr list.

might read back to ming since it's completed

16. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, I just binged all of this month's novel in 3 days. It is so sweet and fluffy. Also, minor spoiler for folks who aren't planning to read it, since this might change your mind:
    There is no gay panic. The ML figures out very early on that the MC is male, and falls for him knowing that. There is also minimal drama over the misunderstandings/deceptions. Overall it is a light and fluffy angst-less read.

DojaDoge likes this.
  17. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    I just added a bunch of novels to the potential list: Candidates for Luo's Book Group

There are too many for the poll, so I'll choose a few, and books that don't get picked might join another month's poll. I'll open the poll in a few days.

Are there any books on the list that you want me to make sure I include in the poll for June's book?

ExiledMage likes this.
  18. ExiledMage

ExiledMage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I join?

luoxinle likes this.
  19. luoxinle

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome! Please introduce yourself. What kind of books do you like to read? What are some of your favorites?

20. ExiledMage

ExiledMage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m an exiled mage from a faraway land, I like to read progression fantasy, magic, mystery, novels. One of my favorites is Lord of the mysteries.