Discussion Bored thoughts: sci-fi army vs Xuanhuan army

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by duurka, Jul 30, 2021.

1. duurka

duurka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just finished watching awesome COH2 match on youtube after taking break from reading Emperor’s Domination. Then I thought what will happen the pure sci-fi army vs Xuanhuan army. I mean I get it Xuanhuan universe itself is just a load of bullshit power but why not right ?

It has a three scenario.
    1st: Regiment vs Regiment
    2nd: Defensive battle between sci-fi fortress city vs 1 sect
    3rd all out war between planet

Do advanced robot or cyborg can beat cultivator ?
    How much use of tank?
    Do formation work against sci-fi army ?

how much bullshit all of you think sci-fi need to beat that power fantasy ?
    Or it is other way around ?

2. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly. Sci-fi would blow cultivators out of the water. The fuck is a culivator gonna do against a weapon that could glass a planet or a fucking hydrogen bomb?

Lol I think about this shit sometimes and it just makes me laugh.

tf is the cultivator gonna do? ABSORB RADIATION?
    [​IMG]

skyfall3250 and DemWafflz like this.
  3. duurka

duurka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OHHHOHO

That sounds sooo evil
    I LOVE IT!

4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's interesting, because actually powerful weapons cost far more than cultivators, if you think about. A single tiny country of like, 10 million, can churn out a dozen powerhouses that would squash a tank like a tube of paste, in a generatiom, with mobility far surpassing even our most modern missiles and ability to coordinate far above any navy seal team.
    You'd have to have an Empire where Death stars are as common as tractors on our planet to match that bull power scale
    Literally leave the planet, which is a staple already. By the time that bomb goes off the cultivator will be in another effing Galaxy.
    I mean, anywhere where we can go "magic" for an explanation, anything trying to explain stuff with "science" will be disadvantaged.

5. duurka

duurka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, yeah that magic thing damn it!

6. Seren

Seren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh its all about what powers you give each side

Sure sci fi could have nukes, but what if the cultivators have a seer?
    So they know this particular battlecruiser will drop a bomb that's way more powerful than any of the others. Get a team of there elite cultivators - fly/teleport to the cruiser, either destroy it outright or board and cripple it. what's a marine in a mech suit gonna do against a high level cultivator who can move way faster than a normal human?

7. duurka

duurka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Owch!

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a Hong Kong comic that is kind of a futuristic shuanhuan. In that comic, the kung fu masters can break mountains with their bare hands and travel around standing on Green Goblin's flyers. They also have orbital battleships that originally could beat up any kung fu master. Whether you're top tier or not depends on how long you need to destroy those battleships with your bare hands.

So yes, shuanhuan army will win because they will punch orbital battleships with their bare hands.

9. Seren

Seren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Mnotia likes this.
  10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    eh~
    it similar with scific vs magic stuff
    whatever bigger bullshit goes each can kill each other~

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  11. dicaro2338

dicaro2338 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen sci-fi civilizations using technology from the dao realm, so their maximum reachable power level shouldn't be lower.

A sci-fi civilization should be better at cooperation. It relies on society, and thus has to develop techniques for supporting social unity. And it should have plans for mobilization. Even if a cultivation civilization manages to unite against a common enemy, their traditional infighting will greatly lower their engineering potential.

Citizens and artifacts from a sci-fi civilization can gather data to refine their technology the same way cultivators do with Qi. Cooperation can make it more refined, but less diverse. However, a sci-fi civilization can make many clever AIs. Even if the top gods from a cultivation civilization choose to mimic this, they will have troubles keeping their AIs under control. The strong do whatever they want, if an AI can become stronger, what the morality of a cultivation civilization tells it to do? Thus, a sci-fi civilization is likely to have both more diverse and more refined technology.

A sci-fi civilization should have an advantage.

12. duurka

duurka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice way of balance, now I think about it in all cultivation related novel ,manhua i read there is no such a thing as a real united force in cultivation.

13. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    The sci-fi guys use time traveling device and remove their ancestor.

14. dicaro2338

dicaro2338 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivators could do the same.

Important people may even replace their body with a clone from a fake private isolated timeline to get immunity to past time assassination. Karma severing?

Sci-fi guys should eventually develop to the point of massively outnumbering/outperforming cultivators and win, so they have an advantage. But the war won't necessary end after the first strike.