LCD Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sads, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Family time kinda wilted at the end there. though the latest chapter showed why I'm enjoying this story so much. Though it's a POV narrative most of the time, the author never devolves to simply having the main character be a narrator. We are in Earth's head as his inner thoughts and feeling are expressed. and it's done so well which is why we basically get where he's coming from.
    Also the author knows how conversations between people go. So works just have paragraphs of exposition and call that a conversation. that takes me out of it.

Peerly and otaku31 like this.
  2. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta love Tre'ainar, deep down he's just a weeb like the rest of us. I imagine Thousand Piece isn't close to halfway done yet. Also he definitely used Dragon Circle Super Saiyan as his inspiration for Breakthrough mode lol

3. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little backstory on Sadiz shows her personality is mostly Gallows humor and also a cop out reaction to her feelings for Earth. Fell in love with him as a baby and has been in love since.
    Having a much closer history with Tre'ainar was a surprise. I'm suddenly curious how she'll react to Earth using that move in the match, which is just around the corner.

otaku31 likes this.
  4. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Chapter 32 just makes me dislike Phianse more. If the dream was accurate , she had the potential to be a top tier Heroine. I wonder what happened to regress her to such an overpossesive Tsundere. I really can't stand those and even Earth concurs ('eternal annoyance' was how he put it I believe)

Also are all the women in his life closet pervs?

Peerly, Korleone and otaku31 like this.
  5. Animeninja808

Animeninja808 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When is he finally going to go all Demon Lord already? I mean do we have to keep going until chapter 100 until he finally competes in that competition? Where’s the revenge, the demon powered spells, honestly if you take out the fantasy tag it’s basically a high school rom com where the MC can see a ghost that interferes with his life.

6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally! The tournament arc. And Earth is obviously well-prepared, both physically and mentally. :blobok:

BTW, loved how he knocked Sadiz off her feet; he has undergone significant character growth, and it shows! :blobhero:
    Thanks TL san! :blobhug:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Sads likes this.
  7. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth basically just made the whole tournament irrelevant. It's all gonna be about that one match and no can follow that up so why bother even trying. At last they'll know his name...

Also cheerleader Sadiz? Is author-San trying to make me cheat on my Waifu? Too erotic, cute too!

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter, Earth was like...
    [​IMG]
    Great results from all that hard work, sweat and pain. Remember the name by Fort Minor must be playing in the background.

9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, the latest chapters feel satisfying. It makes me feel the next might be a pit

10. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last couple chapters pressed pause on the action for a lot of introspection from Tre'ainar and a chance foe Earth to come clean about his feelings! It's great seeing how Tre'ainar truly values the time he spent with Earth, totally showcasing what Hiro missed out on. and he's right, Hiro only really cared about his dream to become a hero and all his focus was towards that even after the dream came through.

Rebal, really didn't take Earth's choices well. But that reaction seemed a bit extreme. If its to pass on techniques many competent warriors would jump at the chance, it doesn't really have to be Earth. Didn't expect him to feel so strongly about it!!!

Peerly and Korleone like this.
  11. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably because of their childhood memories and Rebi-kun felt betrayed somehow

12. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And it was going so well! Earth was having fun while testing his limits. He escalated in response to Rebal, everyone was in their second form about to release their strongest move. Then just like that it's over. You should see the comments on the chapter page, loads of opinions found around, it's amazing.
    So how will it end?

13. CrossFyre

CrossFyre Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to say, I love how the breakdown is not portrayed as entirely one sided. His friends and family do love him, and Earth knows they love him. More to the point, he loves them back, and all he really wants is to live up to their expectations.

And the fact that Earth is not treated as entirely blameless or without fault is also refreshing. He is being selfish, and Reval isn't wrong to call him on it since he basically just started trashing the heroes that saved the world out of nowhere (from the perspective of everyone else). But Earth isn't wrong either for rebelling against the unreasonable expectations placed on him.

There's an almost tragic element to the whole thing where no one has actually done anything wrong besides fail to see the other side's point of view, and the resulting breakdown is clearly extremely painful for everyone involved. It's a level of nuance you dont see in a lot of these kinds of stories.

Peerly, hillo315 and Sads like this.
  14. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And with that part 1 ends. Yes, all that was just a prologue apparently. Earth needed that tantrum after everything that happened, and Tre'ainar keeps showing how great he really is by being the rock for Earth to prop himself up. Next, the world. What are they going to see, who will they meet, how will the next phase of his training proceed. Who will chase after him (not the princess, please not that hopeless Tsundere). So much to look forward to. Watch out for the releases :D:blobhero::sushi_cool:

Peerly and CrossFyre like this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't a princess have a lot on her plate anyway? Cause she's a princess... If she did chase after lil' man then she would probably count as a yandere... Wait. Strongly possessive, a princess, unusually powerful, capable to delude most of scenarios to her favor... If she was a stalker too, she would actually pass as a standard Isekai yandere...

Peerly likes this.
  16. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Sadiz might have been one mental breakdown from Yandere status........ And that breakdown probably just happened, so........ Watch out Earth. Crazy is on the chase... He'd probably like it!

17. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back with Part 2 and not a great start for our duo. This showcases just how sheltered a life Earth has been living and yeah Tre'ainar would call him an entitled pompous twit. He's got more to learn than just fighting. That teased magic though....

skytempest likes this.
  18. skytempest

skytempest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just binged the novel today. Any spoilers for what's to come?
    I'm hoping we get to see his father's (the hero's) POV too.
    I also loved Tre'ainar making Earth realize that he was judging others (Aka) the same way they were judging him. He's only been with Earth for like what, 2 months now and he's already a better parental figure than Earth's real parents. I already consider Tre'ainar to be Earth's adoptive father.

Peerly likes this.
  19. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was shown in the Tre'ainar pov chapter during the graduation match. Even down to how much pride he felt watching Earth's progress. So it's nice to see he's teaching him morals as well. Makes me think the Demons aren't as awful as humans make them out to be. Like things may have been different if Hiro tried sitting across Tre'ainar and talking out of. But according to that chapter they man plain refused. Seems he just really wanted a villain to defeat and be praised as a hero so he refused to see them in any other light.

All this is just my conjecture by the way, not spoilers. I'm only a few chapters ahead.

Peerly, hillo315 and skytempest like this.
  20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    – Earth, I’m a princess. You’re my retainer You belong to me. You’ll always be mine!
    Yandere princess

hillo315 likes this.