LCD Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sads, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fight vs Bro could have easily gone the Talk no Jutsu route, but it was an intense as ever. Both are unwilling to budge, though Earth does come off as intrusive. Bro wants to maintain a place for the other hoodlums despite this incident proving how brittle it is. Earth just didn't want Bro to remain stagnant in a comfort zone with all the potential unrealized. Doesn't matter whose wrong or right, the fight is decided, Earth wins.
    I like how the issue with the monsters brings back what Tre'ainar mentioned at the start and end of part 2. Where do you draw the line on who you try to get along with. They thought the Beasts were no different than animals but once they could understand them (through Goblin magic interpretation) it brings up complicated issues (I'd still eat my meat BTW). And of course old guy was a big shot with ties to the heroes, so Chitsue is totally screwed. But I still wonder what his reaction would have been had he learned what happened. Maybe a future POV chapter. Anyway, on to part 4, with a chase and a mysterious new character.

Peerly likes this.
  2. YuexHajime101

YuexHajime101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the main heroine of this series? Since this has the romance tag on manga updates does that mean a single heroine ending is set in stone?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's up in the air tbh. Its got a harem tag, but the author in a later chapter put a comment at the bottom that he doesn't want a harem. (Although it is open to mistresses existing since thats how the author wrote the world.)
    The romance will probably not happen for a while as the current arcs are still going towards self improvement from overcoming years of feeling inadequate and depressed, then training to open up a new path with his own strength.
    He still doesn't have that good a relationship with his parents so his love life wouldn't fair any better. I'm happy the author is putting it off for later since it can flesh out Earth more as a characte, and from a romance standpoint; mutual trust is just as important as love.
    In terms of likelihood, Sadiz is ahead of everyone. Ninja girl is a solid third coming behind Priestess in second...and Phianse chilling out in last.
    First, Second and third place for romance in Earths heart isn't as interesting as their places aren't moving any time soon. Last place is where it gets good.
    I was gonna say Rival has a chance at Phianse romance, but the affection he has now towards her is becoming subdued and not as prominent since he started reflecting/training on himself and what he wants with his life. Fair play to him too, he's not thinking of romance as much since he pretty much got ditched by the person he believed was his best friend from birth and thought had a strong bond all to go to shambles... really messes with him now. He believed that the 4 of them had a close friendship, would work together for the Empire, and always be around that he felt he took those days for granted now that Earth might never return. The way the author wrote it was that he feels way more devastated about losing Earth, than about the crush on Phianse. I get it since with Phianse, even if they don't get together, they're still friends and both live in the Empire. Earth might never return, their friendship has been pretty relegated to childhood acquaintances, and feels he is a part of the reason why he left...pretty heartbreaking if this happened irl to someone.
    Phianse...can also barely say their friends now like the rest of them. She was explicitly told by Earth that he resented her attitude, got heartbroken, and is trying to better herself.
    Both she and Earth agreed that the fault also lied in their communication with one another. Earth left feeling pretty freed from his past, but Phianse really regrets that time she spent with the ideals she slammed on him. She got hit with magic similar to Earths mental training magic except it shows your greatest fear. Her fear is that Earth gets a harem ending and he has a happy family, but doesn't include herself. She saw them all in wedding dresses smiling happily with future kids and everyone wishing happiness, and reflects how heartbroken she really is because she can't sincerely wish him well since that future doesn't include her anywhere. At the end of that vision, she herself now wishes for a harem ending because she believes that her desire to exclusively have him isn't going to happen as the three other girls all are in front of her and could never win now seeing how far behind she is. It ends with her wishing that Earth will at least see her as a woman who can be a lover.
    I think it's been gone over but I think Rival saw her more as a a crush for her strong character and the childhood spent together which leads to the crush (although I think this is more admiration than love imo since I have a childhood friend who is kind of like this with their strong personality and drive to succeed and I have never liked them as the opposite sex. Sure if you spend time together feelings might grow but I always thought Rival saw her as an idol than a lover.) I think Phianse probably liked Earth more from the way he saw Sadiz, you know charming and beautiful. Phianse is actually quite the romantic and she liked Earths personality when they were kids, and his revived personality now. She seemed to like Rival as a friend since he didn't look at her the way Earth would see Sadiz, plus their fathers talking about a potential engagement, she believed the look he gave Sadiz would go to her. Being the romantic sort, that kind of happy future with someone they already liked seems really nice.
    Too bad for her she's in last right now, as a character with room to grow, she's a bit above/equal to Sadiz so I can at least hope she gets a chance with Earth at least.

Peerly and Kin_ like this.
  4. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't posted here for a while so let do it quick.
    The 3 POV chapters were actually compiled as an Epilogue in the LN, and with good reason. While they do the usual by informing on the characters state of mind in reaction to events (Sadiz really loves Earth and Phianse is crazy, seriously I had to record a reaction to her overly convinient thinking), it also sets up the next arc nicely. Which makes Jamdi’el's POV the most telling. Her character was obviously inspired by Norse Mythology so I tried to reflect that in her speech pattern. And boy does she worship Tre'ainar, to an off-putting degree. I mean his reaction at the church!
    Now she has Earth and wants him in a tournament. I kinda feel the author wants to make it up to the readers for the first arc. We expected a TOURNAMENT Arc, but we got the final round in the first fight... Which got interrupted. This time I see a proper tournament with a slu of contenders and one massively hyped confrontation for the final battle (Yu Yu Hakusho anyone) ... Or he could fool us again, who knows.
    Its seems things will be back to basics for this arc and hopefully worth it.

5. necrospecter

necrospecter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoils me about the latest raw. Honestly this story really good so far

6. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad that Earth left the gym/dojo to look around the city, all that info dump about the training machines was pretty boring to me.
    That aside, wasnt expecting the High Priestess to cheat on the test lol

7. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of, you'll notice I changed the Fighting School name from Evil True Zenith to Arcane True Zenith. I imagine no country would want to associate themselves with "Evil"...even if they might be. I kinda though this might happen as I was considering how to render it. Anyway we hit the gym but all that comes to mind is how Tre'ainar's naming sense has spread to the whole country. Dude just put Magical or Great Demon in front of everything and calls it a day. While his approach is overly simplistic, its still tons better than Earth totally Chunibyo tendencies when it comes to naming (【Fang of Heavenly Light • Meteor Flash Screw Attack】 for a simple Corkscrew Punch?). I'm honestly glad he dropped that shit.

Anyway, this is a prime opportunity to really powerup and the atmosphere takes me back to the Rocky movies and their training montages a lot. Earth is finding out how really OP he has gotten but there is always someone stronger than him still. A clever way for Jamdi'el to poke at his pride and make him want to stay just to prove something. While using her magic eyes for the eye speed test is foul play, she's really just using her natural talents to show him he's got a long way to go yet. Even Karui one upped him at something. He's got a lot to work on basically. Next, out on the town...

8. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost lost it with so many cliche lines and tropes in a single chapter, good lord the author really did it well haha

9. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Town folks seem from friendly enough, most welcoming. Our they all just dot on Amae. Earth finding Jamdi’el's identity was funny and short. Mostly, I liked that Earth had he training mapped out when it comes to future goals. All-rounder might sound undivicive but Tre'ainar put it best "nothing more troublesome in a fight than the lack of a weakness to exploit", and they are covering all basis.

The school chapter dropped us straight into a terrible high school anime. Complete with every cliche and a dense Harem Protagonist to boot. Funny how Earth reacted to someone denser than himself, but I guess that is how such characters would look from the outside looking in.

We also see what happens to the male characters to lose their girls to the OP protagonist that is just oh so awesome, anything with a skirt just gravitates to him for no other reason. If they don't become douche villains that bug the cast, they just hang out behind the school building, or of sight, until the end of the anime I guess. So many new characters were dropped, even the author couldn't be assed to remember them all. We can just call the girls 'Bitch 1-5",and call it a day. Pretty sure they'll be interchangeable anyway. The boys may play an important role of the last statement is any clue, just have to wait and see how. And obviously Jose is gonna get curb stomped to oblivion. He likes stomping anyway.

The school experience may have left Earth gaded, but he's glad Karui takes nothing from the bitches, doesn't even think Jose is all that. Time to get back to the dojo and commence training. First, Jumping Rope...

10. Rune_Seeker

Rune_Seeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [Great Demon - Butt Jump]!

What a fearsome technique...

Peerly and Sads like this.
  11. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it become a harem? I hope Shinobu or Sadiz wins. please dont turn into a trash harem. thought if its the only way for Shinobu and Sadiz to win then cant be helped i guess. Who is priestess btw?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  12. hulboi162

hulboi162 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sads Hey man. Some other guy already answered that the author does not want this to be a harem, but is it really going that way? Did he say that early on or something? Is there n o h o p e ?

I kinda hate novels that have multiple romantic interests and don't have a harem ending, it sucks to see people lose and not end up with the people they want. Imho if you want a singular romantic interest for an ending don't put harems in the first damn place, goddamn writers.

Sooo I'm on the verge of dropping this as the spoilers have stated what happens with the Princess and all. I kinda like her character and don't give half a shit about the Ninja gal.

How's the princess' character doing in the novel atm? Is there any hope?

13. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not that far ahead in translating, so can't answer your questions, sorry. maybe someone who's read the raw? Spoiler tag though please.

14. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That technique is a foul. Anyone would laugh...

Earth and Amae are really getting along. Guess he always wanted a cute imouto that would look up to him. Jamdi'el is not being subtle in her intentions at all, surprised Earth hasn't caught on yet.

Enter Machio, and boy I did not expect a WWE event. Tre'ainer invented Isekai Wrestling. Still, their spar was a great measuring of each others skills and hype for their eventual fight in the tournament. Machio better lose for Tsukshi's sake. It seems the guys in this country are all dense if even Earth could figure out what's up.

And he now has minio- ahem comrades to train together with. Its giving me a Revenge of the Nerds vibe. They shall rise against the harem protagonist that is tormenting them. The power of YOUTH!!!!

And yeah that Jose isn't all there. He can't be. Someone should probably put him out of his misery and leave those THOTs crying, The hypocrisy on display was baffling, and I was right about them being interchangeable. Jamdi'el intervention might hint at something else going on there. We'll have to wait and see...

15. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What did one if the heros who told earths parents say seems like they dont want to hear any of it.

also os the novel findihed or still ongoing

16. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth's adventures is still continuing as of the latest raw, we wont know what will happen to the progress of their relationship anytime soon.

17. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am seeing a trend where authors use polygamy instead of harem to describe their novels. The Otome Mob author refused to list the novel as harem until the end and it does have a lot of polygamy, so it might be the case with this author. The harem tag has too much bad rep and is usually an add-on tag for some series. Harem does not mean harem ending or romance.

I like Earth as a character. He's like a heroic villain protagonist or anti-hero. Jose is probably a direct snub at all the typical harem protagonists with their annoying harems. You guys are right, Earth is finally getting his own minions. He's a hardcore trainer when he's calculating Amae as additional weight lol.

Novel is still on-going. His parents are basically on a cat chasing a mouse quest with him. Earth seems to be very good at getting weird people on his trail and stalking him.

Peerly likes this.
  18. zaedulus

zaedulus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ended up dropping this at chapter 42 since I felt like the main character is constantly a huge hypocrite.

He completely hates people constantly comparing him to the hero and the constant expectations for him to be great, but when his parents show support for him saying they support him no matter his results he hates that because he thinks their pitying him and think he'll lose because he is weak. Nothing they really said showed that, he just jumped to the worst possible conclusions, and I'm sure if they said they believed he would win he would think 'oh they are just the same as everyone else expecting me to be a hero'. I'm not defending his parents overall (since clearly they did a shit job and were never there for him), but in the particular scenes we were shown, they seemed to be fairly rational and caring. I think most people would be worried if a human started using a demon's secret techniques, and obviously the Demon Lord seems to be a decent guy, but its completely rational for the characters to be suspicious.

19. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any development on the parents

20. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Showing support by having zero expectations and assuming that he will lose. The root cause of all these issues is that the mother and father, in particular are never around to know him as himself. His father never taught Earth himself, so all his techniques are self-taught from his own imagination (which hit the limit of his capability). It's normal for him to reach the worst conclusion if his self-esteem was very low to start with. His childhood self is very different from his teenage self. He learned late that his father's style is not his. Earth has been under this treatment for years, high-handedness from the Princess to keep other girls away (which probably lowered his self-esteem each time), successful Rival and that mage chibi, parent's praising the kids of his colleagues. If Tre'ainer never came by, he might have committed suicide at some point in his life. Teenagers look for a place to belong and meaning to their efforts, but his country with his parents is not where he belongs is what Earth realized.

Every achievement (or effort) Earth makes is attributed to being the son of a hero's. And every failure is his fault for not living up to his great dad. The only person that saw him as Earth was Tre'ainer in that country. He was able to deduce that that fighting style was unsuitable for Earth and reassures him where his parents were not able to. Earth took the insults to his current teacher very personal that accepted him for who he is, not who he is not. His parents are practically strangers to Earth.

Nobody knew it was a demon's technique until the spiral and the maid screamed (only Earth's parents and Sadiz knew). There were not supposed to be any eye-witness accounts. Also, children hate being compared to other children by their parents.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    akera93, Peerly, HC and 5 others like this.