LCD Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sads, Dec 5, 2019.

1. zaedulus

zaedulus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story seems to be from Earth's PoV, and he doesn't seem to be a particularly reliable narrator. From their actions and words, his childhood friends all seem to respect him for his own strengths despite him being weaker than all of them. E.g. when he directly challenges Rival, Rival seems to take it seriously and doesn't act as if it is a free win (though in all honesty without demon lord's training it would've been a complete stomp). Even his other classmates seem to respect him. When the princess says all that random BS about him, all the female students seem to instantly realize shes just being a tsundere and back down more out of respect for the princess rather than disgust for Earth. Well, literally everyone seems to realize the princess' feelings except for Earth.

The last part was mainly about how badly Earth took the negative reaction to him using the demon lord's techniques. He's basically like 'yeah it was, but I was strong wasn't I, so who cares?'. I don't remember if they go into details, but the demon lord seems to be catastrophically strong (requiring all 7 heroes and some spirit bomb sort of technique to defeat). The main feat he did is nuking Sadiz' hometown, and he was pretty surprised there is literally a single survivor.

It isn't as though I can't understand Earth's actions. He had a rough childhood and desperately sought approval and validation from his parents. However, I just don't really like him as a character, and theres a lot of novels out there, so I moved on.

2. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole theme in the first volume of the series is the lack of communication until that ending (Earth deciding to leave for good). Earth is finally at the starting line after the events in volume 1, this is where his growth starts. A person who has low self-esteem is not going to pick up any of those subtle details and he does not have the same feelings toward the Princess. These relationships are full of assumptions in that country. It took Earth running away to finally break them and made the characters to really look deeply into themselves (for the most part).

His classmates respect him as the son of a great hero, not for his efforts. They expect him to be a magic swordsman even when it is unsuitable for him. If they were really looking at Earth objectively, those classmates or friends should have pointed out the same things Tre'ainer criticized. Rival (Earth's self-proclaimed best friend) could not even tell that his "friend" was unhappy and lost it when Earth decided to abandon it altogether for something else that suited him. The Princess is living in her own fantasy. Earth's parents and his surroundings expect him to be married to the Princess regardless of his will (even Sadiz). It's not just one issue, but layers of issues that ultimately corner Earth to a cliff then finally push him off the edge.

Earth was not even born when the demon king was alive, so his ignorance makes sense. Overall, his feelings for Tre'ainer are more positive than they are for his parents. Although, Earth used the same technique they are not entirely the same (color is different for example, green aura for Earth). Rival used a strong finisher, while Earth used his own finisher before they were interrupted.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    akera93, HC, Overclock and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt think the great demon spiral technique was just a giant magic tornado... i thought it was like a small magic tornado drill hand thing for close combat, not a giant magic spell lol

Darkaeluz likes this.
  4. Rune_Seeker

Rune_Seeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically, it's just a magical Giga Drill Break from Guren LAGANN. (get it? Lagann--Ragan, Earth Ragan)

HiroBlaze and Darkaeluz like this.
  5. Wazcyne

Wazcyne New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me, how are the progress between Sadiz (maid) with Earth?

6. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question. His mother is a martial artist and Earth practice martial arts. I know he needed his ghost pals help to become OP, but did his mother never try to teach him martial arts. He seems to have a knack for it, at least more than the sword style his father used.

And I really want to see how the other heros view Earth's parents. Looking at Rival, the Princess, and the mage guy they at least at some point were taught by their parents. I doubt like Earth they just copied them without any instructions. So were the parents really that busy, more than the others, or they were just trash who couldn't not only not teach their son they didn't get a famous warrior who's retired or something to train him. I would love to see one of the other heros who were decent parents punch them for being neglectful. Like they just assumed the other heros just let their kids be and never questioned why only Earth fell behind.

Peerly likes this.
  7. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    And I just caught up with the translation and loving the story. Best girl his ninja stalker and like the fact that once she confessed he didn't pretend it went over his head and actually thinks about her. And I like how he is helping the male outcast grow stronger and calls out the girls for being the worst.

8. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't she a mage tho?

Overclock likes this.
  9. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Was she? I just remembered that in the manga she was called war maiden. Also when Earth was fighting Rival he asked was he using his mother's techniques.

Could be wrong, but I can't recall what her fighting style is supposed to be. Only his father's is brought up a few times.

10. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a healer/enchanter and martial artist. So technically a monk fighter in an RPG.

Think Shining Force 1 or 2 on Sega Genesis. First game was the best all round. I loved the 2nd game too, but hated the ending in 2. Hero ends up with the Princess instead of Best Girl monk fighter elf that was in his party and had genuine feelings for him to boot. Princess had zero interactions with hero and was just a dead log throughout the game as damsel in distress. Rant end. The bitter memories just kept flowing. Oops.

Anyway, Earth takes after his mother more in style. It's a shame nobody noticed except Tre'ainer.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Overclock likes this.
  11. soulwarfare

soulwarfare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone got any more spoilers? I am all for more spoilers

12. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, I had high hopes with the tags for the novel but I ended up skipping a few chapters by speed reading after a point, I'll let it build up and hope character growth (tag) was serious. Because honestly all I see is a child begging for attention, a 7 no a 2 year old.

14. Amuris

Amuris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still like how the story has been going. It's a natural progression. He wants to prove himself at first and shows that he's more capable than the other hero children if anyone looked at him honestly but that lead to a heavy emotional conflict that, realistically, can't and shouldn't be resolved until he himself has a firm grasp on who he is. The story since is just that, him meeting new people and seeing new things in a journey to find himself. Once he knows who he is in the world, he can have that discussion with his family and former friends. No point in him shouting over and over again that they don't know who he is if he doesn't either and can't tell them. I know it doesn't feel as tense or emotionally charged as the big moment at the end of the first arc but no argument or conversation he could have with them at this point would develop his character. It would just be telling them off.

Kin_, Sads and Aean like this.
  15. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of appreciate that Earth is like this since it's more relatable to me since I can relate him to people I've met in my life. Makes it more realistic for me, since he is a teenager (15~16) and that's the age where hormones and finding yourself in the world is the hardest.

In the U.S., since I've lived in Cali all my life I could infer well on what I've seen, there's a lot people of people who struggle a lot during the 16 age range in more typical environments where they start getting part-time jobs and becoming part of the workforce, starting to apply for college or planning what's next in their life, start getting into relationships, and many people can't cope with making the next step and start running from the reality they are in. Then with people who grew up in the most unfortunate environments 12~13 is a normal age when they start joining gangs ( in South Central of Los Angeles at least), start doing shit that crosses the line, and repeat. Finally there are the people who grew up in the wealthier environments, I'm talking household income at least 2x~3x others in the same area where parents are super successful and want their kids to be absolute units as well. I'm in this range as well as many of classmates and friends because we acknowledge we have more resources than others across the area. The school I went to had parents who want their kids to do as many things as possible, be a second version of them, be successful in terms of material wealth, be academically successful; pretty much be geniuses. Although they are the minority since many parents also just wanted their kids to do their best.

Earth is in the group with those who had more of the resources.

Sad to say of my classmates but many of them felt overwhelmed by the pressure because they know that even with all of the resources they had, they feel they can't match up to expectations of their parents and were very blatant with disappointment (unlike Earth's) while some just ignored their existence since they feel they have better stuff to do, while others expected them to eventually "get it right" since they could do it their kids can too (some former MLB, Minor League Baseball, NBA, Basketball G-League, and NFL sons felt this the most, they were upper-middle of the pack no where near good enough for the Leagues). Some of them turned to drugs (cocaine, not "weaker" stuff like weed) and alcohol to "calm" their nerves, some were despondent and barely paid attention to stuff outside of class and their E.C.'s and looked like they would break at any time because they aren't at the peak/fear what would happen if they fall behind, and some just chose to end it all.

I'd say Earth's parents are the 3rd group since that's what they did, while Earth belongs to the people in the middle who only focus on one thing in fear of what happens if they fail.

The first part of the story at least reminded me of those times since I have met sons of players who made it to the NBA during their late teens to early 20's (back when you could go straight to the League for NBA at least after High School), and their sons are playing College Basketball still and not in the league due to them not being skilled enough for the league. Not a shocker that their pissed, but not as pissed as those same guys but they're the sons of the G-League (NBA's Minor League pretty much) and want them to personify their dreams of making it to the big leagues. You don't hear much of these stories on the news cause all the other guys are the cream of the crop or grew up from nothing to make it, so on and so forth.

Sorry for the long post but the post reminded me on why I stuck it out with the story.

16. Rune_Seeker

Rune_Seeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gaddamit, I'm liking this author more because he's such a TTGL fan that he even bought Nia back...

*Manly tears due to flashbacks

17. Sads

Sads Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the church sisters seem a bit.... repressed? Like they might end up eating those guys up if given the chance. Earth probably saved them by delaying the get together till after training. Wonder how much of Tre'ainar's workout they can handle.

One thing I can say about Tre'ainar's though process, all lot of it just makes sense and at the same time breaks common sense. I mean of course with all the magic in the air, why can't you replenish simply by breathing. So simple yet not as Earth will discover. And the guy has as many Demon Spiral variants as Naruto does Rasengans.

We meet Kron (lit. Clone) and I agree with @Rune_Seeker author resurrected Ria. This is the most Moe character in the series so far, and Amae is in the same arc. Though the level of airheadedness on display is astounding, then again look at who raised her. And like Shinobu, she's enthusiastic about knowing Earth with the whole Hero's son baggage.

Close call with Jamdi'el, she might actually have done him in if he gave a wrong answer. Then again she really wants the whole second coming to work out. Nice to see that glimpse of concern she showed for Bro, she must have cared for the guy like a little brother, who has a crush on her.... hold on is this just Earth x Sadiz 2.0 except she only simps for Tre'ainar? Well the guy is mighty pissed at her. You'd think she'd follow his final wish if she really cared.

Bath........... F

Back with the family and its a sad affair, but with all the big names present and being dropped, Shinobu didn't miss a chance to great the inlaws and stake her claim as Honey's No.1 wifey. Not many realize, but Coman has popped up quite a bit through the series. Almost like a where's waldo deal. There was some subtle characterization in this chapter and I'm wondering where the author intends to take things with her. More for the Harem I suppose. Wasn't expecting the amnesia angle though. This should be interesting....

18. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly while reading the chapter i couldnt remember who exactly Coman was, its just now that im remembering that she helped the girls getting out of the city and that she's one of Earth's fan from the school (i think?)

Poor Earth got compared to a guy that could be the equivalent of hulk, was sad and funny at the same time lol

19. Toni_Sushi

Toni_Sushi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me how the reunion of Earth and his parents go down? I just want to know more about how the parents feel after meeting him again. I also want to know more about what the other heroes said to them about their parenting.

20. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Havent happen yet. Earth's adventures is still ongoing.