Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shadowhawkstar, Jan 2, 2020.
I'm dying for spoilers as to what happens during the tournament . Anyone got any spoilers to give ?
Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder
Table of Contents
Chapter 100 spoiler
Chapter 250 spoiler
Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.
For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/
Earth fights with his Rebal and then uses a technique that the demon king only knows. His parents recognizes the skill and prevents Earth from finishing the fight. Sadith also recognizes the skill because it was used to destroy her town killing her parents. Everyone basically looks at him with disdain , his parents are denying his training, his love interest is fearful of him so Earth flees.
Since the author went on a break from finishing the seventh arc let me give you an overview of what happened so far.
Spoiler: Events after exile
*Earth met Bro and foiled a forbidden slavery operation by a noble from the empire.
*While trying to run away from his parents who caught up to him due to a raid on the illegal slaving operation, he got sent to another country through a teleportation spell by a former demon lord general. There he is convinced to join a tournament to be called the strongest and also win the hand of Kron whom is Trainer's genetic daughter/clone. He also can't run away due to a barrier placed by said former demon general. He beat the demon general in the end and broke the barrier.
*Then the Air Nation attacked(can't help making an avatar reference). They attacked to imprison the former demon general since she was a disgrace to their kind. Earth being the shounen protagonist that he is collected allies and assaulted their floating continent to take back said former demon general. They eventually discover that another former demon general is pulling the string for them to attack the island and eventually the rest of humanity to rule over them. Earth subjugated the former general no2 and said former general acknowledged him as his superior after likely realizing that Trainer is within him or is his reincarnation.
*His parents caught up to him again as the barrier has been broken. Earth ran away again. His parents while trying to catch up to their son met the seventh ranger/hero named Espi(short for esper girl). She most likely distracted his parents allowing him to run away to a location that sent him back in time. There he met the younger version of Espi and they had adventures together. The author actually hinted ahead of time that Espi knows that Earth will time travel. Anyways, Earth went on an adventure helping Espi and then Slayer who is their new companion while trying to find a way for him to get back to his present. They eventually did but not before beating a strong demon warrior. This is the only fight of Earth is alone and Trainer is not with him giving advice so he is really proud of himself to beat that strong opponent. He got back to the present but not before some drama about saying goodbye. When he got back, both Espi and Slayer is waiting for him and they had a tearful reunion.
Of course that is not the only surprising twist on the story.
There was a space faring race that landed on the planet and they modified their DNA to better adapt to the planet resulting in other races like the winged people one of which is Yamadile, a former demon general
Compared to another story with a time travel arc, this one seems to have an actual direction with how the handled that story arc.
So we got anymore of them spoilers? Think we up to 370 now.
Sorry, my mind melted trying to deciper the last time travel arc so I didn't have enough context to understand the newer chapters. Anyways, from what I could understand is that Earth returned to the present and is catching up with Esper girl(Hiro's occasional party member) and Slayer guy while tying up loose ends when he left. Also Esper girl is totally going tsundere on not forgiving him for leaving them.
So how’s the harem holding up?? And more importantly Earth’s character growth.
I've been reading the MTL from where the translation left (starting from 118) until Chapter 225, and here's what happens:
- Sadis arrives at the island, with amnesia
- Earth learns magical breathing
- At some point Earth has a bath with Kron and Amae (which leads to funny moments and references later on), and Amae calls him onii-chan
- Trainer deduces that Jamdi’el / Yamilde will have the winner be the father to Kron's child (which is true, Yamilde wants to create the 2nd coming of God)
- Tournament Arc: Earth beats Jose/Yosei, and Earth beats Macho. Macho has a super-regeneration power (with limits) so it's not an easy fight.
- Sadis eventually recovers her memory and she and Earth talk. Earth says he "graduated" from Sadis. At some point Earth reveals to Sadis the truth about Trainer.
- After Earth wins, they throw a celebration party. Earth got drunk (again) and asks Sadis to fulfill the promise. Sadis lets him gets his reward but they were interrupted by Jose/Yosei who trashes the church because he was jealous and in love with Kron. BTW Jose/Yosei was taking some magical enhancement drugs that affected his reasoning.
- Earth vs Yamidle, Earth wanted to leave after the tournament and/or didn't want to make a baby with Kron yet. Earth wins by exhausting Yamilde + tips from Trainer
- Yamilde's valkyrie family/clan show up to take advantage of the weakened Yamilde to lock her up in their floating city.
- Earth and Kron summon a dragon (Trainer's previous summon) to help them fly up. The dragon accepts but sends his son instead which the MTL described as a 'flying hippopotamus'. Earth felt a connection between them because of how they're both compared to their great dads.
- Earth, Kron, Sadis, Macho, Tsukushi, Karui + other dojo people went and charged the flying city/Valkyrie clan
- Earth fights the Prince of the valkryie clan? And wins in a way? But not before another demon general shows up: Paripi. He's a manipulator type and was thought to be dead. He tried to kill the Valkyrie clan king? Then fought with Earth + Kron and the others, but he had poison claws.
- They got injured and before things got worse, Earth's childhood friends + the other noble they took to their party (Camon) + Shinobu came in. Apparently they were learning space transpo magic in the 3 months Earth was training for the Tournament
- They got their asses beat down, even Sadis who went all out (who lost because she didn't have any true battle experience), and Earth managed to recover enough to fight Paripi on his own.
- Earth won by shredding Paripi with Demon Spiral but not enough to kill him-- when he was about to kill the demon general, the extra party member (Camon) was actually a spy and tried to do some magic manipulation.
- Earth didn't get to kill Paripi but he offered to become Earth's subordinate because he realized Trainer must be with/inside him to be able to know his moves in advance.
- Paripi also offers a key to Sadis' hometown (where an ancient magic ruins is hiding)
- Some stuff happens, Yamilde is imprisoned in a magic seal and to be let go, Yamilde must have her eyes and powers sealed. She and Kron have some touching moments, Kron calls her Mom etc.
- So Paripi calls during their touching reunion and advises that Yamilde and Kron + Earth must leave and not return to the island because of Heero and Mamu being there and some political stuff that MTL wasn't clear on, and it didn't help that Yamilde would be powerless if she agreed to be let go with her powers sealed. And probably Kron was also in danger for looking like the Demon King.
Spoiler: my thoughts on end of ch225
Anyways I stopped here because at CH 225, Earth/narrative was talking about how Earth forgot about Amae who was waiting for him, Kron and Yamilde to come back with everyone. Because if he remembered about Amae he would've chosen a different way to solve the problem, and choosing another way where he could go back to the island. Broke my heart ngl, because Amae was so precious and defended him to his parents who were on the island.
I tried to keep it as chronological as possible, and I may have mixed some events in that were from the translated chapters.
Reached the time travel arc, finally.
Spoiler: Spoiler 226-300 something
- Valkyrie Prince help Earth, Kron and Yamilde escape to their next destination, but suddenly Heero and Mamu appear to chase after them. They brought Amae with them. Valkyrie Prince tried to go faster than them, but Heero managed to copy the complex magic (or something) enough to catch up still.
- Of course Amae is upset about those three leaving her and upset at Earth for breaking a promise with her, and both Earth and Kron didn't want to leave without saying a proper goodbye. So they stopped by some island, and devised a way to separate Amae from the parents.
- The plan (from Trainer): they should try their best not to activate parents' battle instincts otherwise it would be game over for them. So Valkyrie Prince grew a field of flowers, then Kron introduced herself to the parents as Earth's would-be-bride. Yamilde even joined in to say that they already been naked together (referring to the bath scene, but implying they already tried the baby making). Meanwhile Earth used his speed + footwork skills to grab Amae, then they escaped again. They also took the Pegasus that the parents used so that's why they were stuck in the island.
- Later in an extra about them, they actually tried to swim back to another island. Espi even showed up, and said something about the brother who make sisters cry but I didn't read anything from the MTL yet on how she dished out Heero and Mamu being bad parents.
- They meet up with Bro in some port town and went their separate ways. Amae was sent back to the island.
- Because Earth doesn't have money, he worked with some fishermen helping them do some heavy lifting to earn some pocket money for wilderness survival stuff.
- Once he had enough, he meets Slayer who owns a shop that sells the tools and equipment he need, and they talk about spices (important later on I think).
- Espi comes by and introduces herself kinda? She basically called Earth "brother who makes his sister cry" and Earth was very confused about it especially with the way Slayer also acted like he was close.
- Oh I forgot if this happened before or after Earth went to Slayer's shop, but he got the key to the magical ruins from Paripi. Paripi said that it literally dropped in front of him one day (i suspect Espi had a hand in this). That key was the one that transported Earth to the past.
- Before Earth fiddled with the key, Espi and Slayer requested to him to take them (implying their past selves, but I think not directly saying it to Earth) to Shinsotami (Sadis hometown).
Spoiler: 300+? to 314
- Earth traveled back in time, but first to the time when his parents were still kids. Remember how Heero said he was inspired by some guy that randomly saved their town and didn't introduce himself? That was Earth.
- Earth fiddled with the key again and arrived at a later time I think and met Espi. Espi was running from a failed mission to kill some Demon General. She was a child soldier so expect it like, she's gonna learn what it means to be a real kid with Earth.
- Earth gives her a gift (a ribbon) which endeared him to her.
- They needed money and Trainer remembered that at that time, he was participating in the horse betting race. So he had Earth bet on him to get some money for their journey.
- Earth treated Espi to cake, where they meet one of the other Seven Heros, James? Anyways they fight, but things got resolved.
- They got on a boat to go to the next island for Sadis hometown, that's where they meet Slayer when he defeated some giant squid. Earth tried to bond with him, he's kinda tsundere/kuudere
- Kinda speed read over this parts: they got to town, some demons were attacking, Earth, Slayer and Espi helped. One of the demons had a vortex power like Yamilde and sent Earth and Slayer to some PoC camp where they were all males? And it had Noja residing over them, Noja is one of the 6 Demon Generals. Earth not wanting to change history, disguised himself as Laganman and fought with Noja. Espi managed to find them anyway and defeated the rest.
- Now they're traveling again and entered some territory that I didn't quite get from MTL
Spoiler: POV extras from this arc:
- Basara was actually still at the island/Carceter and decided to meet the people. Amae wanted to call him Bakkuchan or something similar to his son He-chan but he didn't like it
- Basara reveals that Sadis is a descendent of Kaguya
- Basara teaches them VR spell. Sadis, Shinobu and Princess tried to use it for their fantasies with Earth.
- Shinobu tried to do some space time jutsu to go where Earth was but it failed (probably because of his travel arc)
- Noja extra is... something... basically she wants a perfect male pet? Seems like she's a 9-tailed kitsune because she was using tails in her fight to attack and defend.
So sadis is no longer part of harem? Since he said he graduated from her? Please tell me if she still is in the harem?
It still is a harem, but he's not as obsessed with Sadiz anymore like he used to be. You are jumping to conclusions and the story is not complete yet.
I would say Kron is ahead of everyone currently, followed by the other girls. So concubines or secondary wives maybe if Earth becomes the new Demon King? Biggest harem is an achievement over his dad anyway.
I think he just means he graduated from depending on her, and maybe graduating from his puppy love? But he definitely still has feelings for her.
Sadis is still part of the harem for sure, but I agree with HiroBlaze, seems like Kron (and Shinobu maybe?) are in the lead.
I really like Shinobu because when she entered the battle she immediately supported Earth without question. "I trust my Honey, if he says that one is the enemy then I'll fight him."
Kinda dragging my feet with reading the rest of the time travel arc.
Spoiler: 314 - 322
- the trio (earth, espi, slayer) managed to enter an elf territory
- cheiftain is the author of destiny night series. ofc trainer is happy.
- chieftain lets them stay for now with some conditions? everyone's wary. they go to his home and is greeted by his tsundere wife acting like a kitten (ifywim)
- there's a dark elf in the village that they captured from the army? that one was a bit unclear. but this dark elf ralwif is aka-san's friend.
- remember aka grew up in a dark elf village. earth is gonna show him his necklace and at the end of the arc before he travels back to the present i think ralwif will look for aka who he thinks died.
- ogre's from the demon army was seen near the village, the elves are preparing to go because they can't fight back. this ogre devision is lead by a blue ogre (MTL names him Aony but I bet it's just Ao Oni). Trainer says that the ogre division is independent and doesn't take orders from him, so they attack and pillage as they want
I hate reading the action scenes in MTL it's such a drag, but there's some inner narrative you can't miss out on.
Can anyone please clarify whether the antihero tag on this is genuine? The early chapters hooked me in, but there's no sign of the protagonist being "anti-heroic" in any way in the subsequent chapters.
Its not. He is the good kind of hero solving other people's problems.
Can somebody tell me what will happen to Aka, the ogre? He's such a nice guy and I really hope nothing will happen to him.. (I came from the manga)
Who is Espi and Slayer exactly? I know they are people Earth meets in the past but like what is their backstory?
Also you said that the author foreshadows Espi, is it that classmate who is seemingly tagging along with the princess and friends?
Espi(Esper Girl) is the Hiro's Hero companion. Formerly a spy from the Japanese empire expy, the one where Shinobu came from. She is with MC in the latest raw where MC has to solve the issues of said empire.
Just want to ask, does he have any plans to meet up with his parents or does he really not want to ? Have they met face to face after he left the city ? Cause I feel something bad might really happen to them with them chasing after him and then he would get guilty of it. I just want to read about them reconciling shit and I would be happy about it.
Not yet last time I checked. He still doesnt feel brave enough to face his parent. Also he is scared of them meeting so he will always run away. Even then, there are still alot of questions that needs to be answered and adventures to be done before their reunion.
Separate names with a comma.