Recommendations Bringing technology to less advanced world

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Apns, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Apns

Apns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, Im looking for novels like Empress's gigolo, I Have a Mansion in the Post-apocalyptic World or Release that Witch (but I liked the other 2 more) where MC brings technology to a less advanced world. I'd preffer more slice of life vibes than wars. Bonus points for romance or cultivation. Traveling between worlds is fine too.

Cutter Masterson and animefan217 like this.
  2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Questions-
    Female or male lead
    NovelUpdate, Kindle, RoyalRoad or Webnovel
    Otome, time travel or other world

3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Silver Overlord - Note: at the start of the story, the MC is transmigrated into an ancient China-like world with cultivation. However, as the story progresses, the author suddenly makes it actually be ancient China, specifically the Han Dynasty era, still with cultivation enabled superhuman abilities, of course. This justifies the MC being patriotic against the influx of "barbarians" (who I think are maybe Steppe nomads, possibly Mongols) along with conveniently remembering some major historical events that occurred during that period. Cultivation is light in this story, but the MC is given a cheat gimmick (not related to cultivation). The MC is filial and after a brief stint at the Imperial Capital City where he earns some reputation, he returns to his village to fortify and uplift his village and the surrounding area ahead of the expected future calamity. He uses modern knowledge to introduce some concepts and mechanical tech to start businesses to self fund his preparations. The MC has a few intimate occasions, but they're off screen. Women didn't really start eyeing him until he got successful, so that can't be helped.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/2826/a-heros-war - mechanical engineer MC starts an industrial revolution in the primitive magic world so he can get some good steel made which his other plans will depend on.

Apns and Cutter Masterson like this.
  4. Apns

Apns Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as they are not dropped/on hiatus then all are fine, except for otome.

Thanks a lot!