Discussion Brutal: Satsujin Kansatsukan No Kokuhaku

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by pass1478, Jun 2, 2020.

1. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    "Brutal: Satsujin Kansatsukan No Kokuhaku"
    [​IMG]

Description:
    "The manga centers on homicide detective Hiroki Dan, the son of a former police superintendent general, and who seems to be on the fast track to career success. He maintains a hidden identity as a serial killer responsible for more than a hundred murders of people he deems beyond the reach of the law."

It's basically a crime thriller manga about poetic justice mixed with sadism and sociopathy. It's pretty satisfying, though. Think of it as the manga of that movie "Dexter". Just be warned, it gets pretty graphic.

Not much translated chapters, though, so I recommend checking the first few chaps then stack it. Being cliff hanged in a mystery story feels pretty poopy.

2. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes, when I read or watch stories like these, it makes me question, "Do they do 'this' for the sake of justice, and the sense of enjoyment is only a bonus? Or do they do it for the enjoyment, while serving justice is just a bonus?"

FunSmiles and timeless asocial like this.
  3. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    This Is the psychological stuff I want to read. I wanted crazy psychopaths but siding with a sick view of justice.

I really like death note since the MC acts like a villian but has good cause. I'll enjoy the gore stuff happening to those criminals. Since there is a lot of injustice in the society. This good and delightful vengeance.

Attached Files:

FunSmiles likes this.
  4. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't know the MC past yet but he have friend whose likely dead. So they might a deep reason for his action.

Perhaps like I Saw The Devil by Kim Jee-won start to doing it for justice but end up enjoying it. Or like in Death Note, it started as an act to do justice but end up blinding by power. So in the start they are doing it for justice. But they would be end up being addicted to the feeling righteousness so they only do it for pleasure in the long run.

5. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Power can blind a man. Hopefully, the man in this manga has a clear vision of why he does what he does.

Also, do you perhaps know the name of the manga where the protagonist has the ability to kill people in their sleep, and he uses this ability to kill the guys who raped and killed his sister? I've been looking for it for quite some time now.

6. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of another manga „The Elite Slayer“ https://loveheaven.net/manga-the-elite-slayer-manga-raw.html
    A cop Teams up with a „scientist“ (not sure yet) and punishes the upper class people „Elites“ for the crimes they have committed but who can hide from the law because of their wealth, political power etc. The punishments are quite brutal.

DANIEL134 likes this.
  7. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry don't remember reading that. Sounds interesting though...
    There's no english translation, hope someone will pick it up.

8. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    As it's name says, it's brutal. Raw, morally ambiguous, and cathartic when justice, however twisted, is served.
    While there is a chance that mc might have had a past that drove him to commit murders the way he does, I feel that it isn't really the case for him. The chapters out so far make me lean towards him being a psychopath, what with the behavioural tics he exhibits whenever he hears about new potential targets.

9. John Matheus de J. L. Reis

John Matheus de J. L. Reis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoru ni Naru Boku wa

FunSmiles and pass1478 like this.
  10. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, this is the one. Thanks, mate.

11. Monique

Monique Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this is probably too much to wish for but I hope he doesn't get caught...QAQ pls don't get caught...I think enjoying the killing is a vice but he's doing it for a good cause(getting rid of the scum of society) so BRUH DON'T GET CAUGHT GIMME MORE GORE

12. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
  13. npnoccio

npnoccio Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes me think on "Dexter", he's such a baddass character...

14. NarutoVineeth

NarutoVineeth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoru ni Naru to Boku wa (At night I move)