Recommendations Bulls**t Becomes Real

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by HappyHavak, Apr 10, 2021.

1. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically I'm looking for primarily CN that have a main character that randomly comes up with a disguise/background that ends up actually being real. Examples would be like in ATG when MC disguises as a godly doctor and just makes up a name on the spot and it turns out that a doctor with that name exists. He later does it again by making up a random master's name that ends up being an ancient powerhouse. Or in Spirit Vessel when MC claims to be a bandit of a mountain he makes up and later those bandits who actually exist show up to help their "brother". Basically I want the person who's bullshitting to not use a background that they know exists, but to make one that they think is fake. Thanks in advance!

2. vide

vide M E T A L H E A D

Reading List:
    Link
    To Be A Power In The Shadow

Reseix and HappyHavak like this.
  3. chillidude

chillidude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a God in Another World : MC creates an identity for each territory, Pharaohs for middle east, sword immortal, and body cultivator for china, Onmyoji for japan, holy Knight for France, vampire and werewolf for Germany, mountain giant for Russia, Dragon Blood Warrior for USA, and Arthur and his knights for England. Earth originally does not have any supernatural power, he brings it from other world, makes everyone believe that its the era of spiritual recovery.

MC finds out he can travel to another world from earth whenever he wants. He finds primitive people in other world who start to worship him. He starts to condense a Divine Shard in his body meaning he has the potential to be a God. He finds out that he can choose his own priest dome or create a new one that doesn't exist. He ends up creating one based on earth universe. He becomes strong in the other world and slowly creates cultivation techniques for earth as well. Similar to Shepherding humanity.

4. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-antelope-and-night-wolf/

Note this is BL. The MC is playing a game and wants to mess with the ML. So he makes up a background for himself. Then someone turns up who has that exact background. Even down to the amnesia. The person isn't faking either they are a side character.

5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Aqualistic

Aqualistic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped this, but after seeing your spoiler, I'll read it again lol

7. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    When does he become the sword immortal or start impersonating stuff.

8. chillidude

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword immortal is his first identity, body cultivator is second, Onmyoji is third, holy knight is forth. He creates a background for each and a mysterious sect/organization. The rest are fortuitous encounters he gives others, so the world becomes more lively. He also creates dragons, and other mythical beasts, and makes them attack cities, so his identity can go save the world.

iWH1te likes this.
  9. Miercing

Miercing deep crimson shall descend from heaven

Reading List:
    Link
  10. chillidude

Reading List:
    Link
    The Great Creator : This is a very good web novel, the plot is very original. The writing style is similar to the author from low dimensional world. This author is a phd student, his written skills are very good, and when run on a MTL, translates in almost perfectly structured English. Only some names will be odd, but very few.
    The plot is very good.
    MC finds a mysterious book, the book takes him and his surrounding to a strange dark place. MC is stuck in this place for years. He later on goes to create life forms, and evolve life similar to humans, and demons. I don't want to mention too much, so i only wrote basic outline, the plot is very good, full of mystery and intrigue.

11. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link
    Nightmare’s Call
    MC makes himself appear as a small figure of a mysterious faction that doesn't exist and slowly builds his power. When someone stronger than his "small figure" self shows up, he puts on a disguise and appears as a bigger figure of that mysterious faction, and so on and so on to hide the fact that his strength grows faster than normal people. In the end, he fully brings that non-existent faction into existence.

History’s Number 1 Founder
    MC pretends to be a strong master from the start and avoids fighting personally to hide that he is weaker than he is, whenever fighting he uses special tools and artifacts to boost his strength and even then pretends its not his full power. Eventually, he grows strong enough to support his purported powrer.

chillidude likes this.
  12. kurdapya

kurdapya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Library of Heaven’s Path. I think the MC disguises as an expert and it turns out that expert really exist.

HappyHavak likes this.
  13. chillidude

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but Library of Heaven’s Path is a repeat novel. Basically the endless young master barrage and the endless new abilities that MC uses one or twice and then forgets about it, and endless characters that are used and abandoned.
    It's an OK read if you have no other options and have a long flight with 15 hours to kill, just put it on audio and go to sleep.

PS. I actually read it to chapter 300, but was just tired, of the repeating story. Basically a repeat of the first 30 chapters through out the novel.